HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation - 2012-13 (Part XI)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-18-2013, 07:56 PM
  #451
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Potato
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,977
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
As much as I dislike Luongo, I am starting to warm up to the idea of him as a Jet.

I will preface this by saying there is no way in hell that he comes here, but a deal like Pavelec + for Luongo might make sense. Why?

Vancouver gets a little insurance and motivation for Schneider in Pavelec.

They save a few mil in cap space each year.

They would get another roster player/ prospect/ draft pick.
If that were to happen, it would be a 3 way trade.
Luongo to Winnipeg, Pavelec to a team wanting a young goalie, non-goalie assets to Vancouver.

The Canucks would have zero interest in Pavelec/getting a goalie signed long term in return for Luongo.

__________________

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 08:01 PM
  #452
Jet
Moderator
Chevel-takesadayoff
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Glasgow
Country: Scotland
Posts: 16,771
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
If that were to happen, it would be a 3 way trade.
Luongo to Winnipeg, Pavelec to a team wanting a young goalie, non-goalie assets to Vancouver.

The Canucks would have zero interest in Pavelec/getting a goalie signed long term in return for Luongo.
I just don't think it will happen. Luongo is a massive investment, and pretty much guarantees us to be a playoff team. I think you recoup a good portion of his salary that way. However, I highly doubt he has any interest whatsoever in coming here.

__________________
The farts have just started and thankfully the boyfriend has already headed home. -LadyJet
Jet is online now  
Old
02-18-2013, 09:29 PM
  #453
bh2007
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
With the rise of P. Postma and Z. Redmond (and J.Trouba in the pipeline) the Jets have plenty of righty defender. I wonder if it should make Z.Bogosian available.
Anyway, how about :
To Winipeg : J.Gorges + T.Moen + 2013 5th round pick
To Montreal : Z.Bogosian + 2013 3th round pick

J.Gorges is a lefty defender who can play confortably on the right. He was signed for a friendly contract at 3.9M until 2018.

bh2007 is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 09:33 PM
  #454
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,863
vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by bh2007 View Post
With the rise of P. Postma and Z. Redmond (and J.Trouba in the pipeline) the Jets have plenty of righty defender. I wonder if it should make Z.Bogosian available.
Anyway, how about :
To Winipeg : J.Gorges + T.Moen + 2013 5th round pick
To Montreal : Z.Bogosian + 2013 3th round pick

J.Gorges is a lefty defender who can play confortably on the right. He was signed for a friendly contract at 3.9M until 2018.
You're ****ing kidding, right?

DespoticNewt is online now  
Old
02-18-2013, 09:35 PM
  #455
Jets
Resident Sieve
 
Jets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,260
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bh2007 View Post
With the rise of P. Postma and Z. Redmond (and J.Trouba in the pipeline) the Jets have plenty of righty defender. I wonder if it should make Z.Bogosian available.
Anyway, how about :
To Winipeg : J.Gorges + T.Moen + 2013 5th round pick
To Montreal : Z.Bogosian + 2013 3th round pick

J.Gorges is a lefty defender who can play confortably on the right. He was signed for a friendly contract at 3.9M until 2018.
Counter offer:

To Winnipeg: P.Subban + 2013 3rd Round Pick
To Monterial: M.Stuart + C.Thorburn + 2013 5th round pick

Jets is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 09:36 PM
  #456
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,863
vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
Counter offer:

To Winnipeg: P.Subban + 2013 3rd Round Pick
To Monterial: M.Stuart + C.Thorburn + 2013 5th round pick
That about sums up the level of both offers. Terrible either way.

DespoticNewt is online now  
Old
02-18-2013, 10:19 PM
  #457
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,057
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
I just don't think it will happen. Luongo is a massive investment, and pretty much guarantees us to be a playoff team. I think you recoup a good portion of his salary that way. However, I highly doubt he has any interest whatsoever in coming here.
I don't know about that. He has publicly stated, numerous times that he will not block a trade. I'm sure he won't go to like Columbus or something, but I don't think that it's out of the realm of possibility for him to want to play here,

What I think is more unlikely? Him being traded right now. Especially with how shaky Schneider has been this far. He hasn't bad by any means, but he hasn't been as solid as alot of people expected.

Depth at Goalie is one of Vancouer's greatest assets, and since they are really looking solid this year with Kesler back and improved depth with some of their prospects proving to be solid NHLers they could really make a run at it.

I doubt that they trade Lu right now. Off season? For sure. Not now though. He's playing too good for that.

As for Wheeler...I think there is alot of early panic here that is not warranted whatsoever. The guy has 4goals an 7assists already. I know stats aren't everything...but I mean come on. It seems like the primary ***** about the guy is that he isn't producing.

Well there you go.

sully1410 is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 10:25 PM
  #458
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!
 
broinwhyteridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Well he's an upgrade on what we have.
So would this guy:


broinwhyteridge is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 10:28 PM
  #459
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!
 
broinwhyteridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bh2007 View Post
With the rise of P. Postma and Z. Redmond (and J.Trouba in the pipeline) the Jets have plenty of righty defender. I wonder if it should make Z.Bogosian available.
Anyway, how about :
To Winipeg : J.Gorges + T.Moen + 2013 5th round pick
To Montreal : Z.Bogosian + 2013 3th round pick

J.Gorges is a lefty defender who can play confortably on the right. He was signed for a friendly contract at 3.9M until 2018.
Counter with;

To Winnipeg: Price, Subban + 2013 2nd
To Montreal: Wellwood, Montoya, Peluso + 2014/15/16 7th rounders


broinwhyteridge is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 10:33 PM
  #460
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,057
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by broinwhyteridge View Post
Counter with;

To Winnipeg: Price, Subban + 2013 2nd
To Montreal: Wellwood, Montoya, Peluso + 2014/15/16 7th rounders

I dunno. You know how much Chevy likes those 7th rounders. Mtl may have to add Patches.

sully1410 is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 03:48 AM
  #461
ps241
Drunken rant!
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,420
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bh2007 View Post
With the rise of P. Postma and Z. Redmond (and J.Trouba in the pipeline) the Jets have plenty of righty defender. I wonder if it should make Z.Bogosian available.
Anyway, how about :
To Winipeg : J.Gorges + T.Moen + 2013 5th round pick
To Montreal : Z.Bogosian + 2013 3th round pick

J.Gorges is a lefty defender who can play confortably on the right. He was signed for a friendly contract at 3.9M until 2018.
I would love Gorges and Last year he fit like a glove with PK and he would work out very well "with" Bogosian in our top 4. Bogosian is not getting moved from the Jets because he is probably our top long term asset, however you are not the fist guy to pitch a deal for him so have no fear.

ps241 is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 06:26 AM
  #462
KingBogo
Admitted Homer
 
KingBogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 4,459
vCash: 1345
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
I would love Gorges and Last year he fit like a glove with PK and he would work out very well "with" Bogosian in our top 4. Bogosian is not getting moved from the Jets because he is probably our top long term asset, however you are not the fist guy to pitch a deal for him so have no fear.
Yeah but you usually only see these one sided offers on the main boards. Either way, the last guy this organization should ever consider moving is Bogo. Just watching him the last couple games he is heads and shoulders above Postma and Redmond and he is also younger. Trading from strength (right d-man) makes sense but not our most valuable one.

KingBogo is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 07:27 AM
  #463
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,003
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bh2007 View Post
With the rise of P. Postma and Z. Redmond (and J.Trouba in the pipeline) the Jets have plenty of righty defender. I wonder if it should make Z.Bogosian available.
Anyway, how about :
To Winipeg : J.Gorges + T.Moen + 2013 5th round pick
To Montreal : Z.Bogosian + 2013 3th round pick

J.Gorges is a lefty defender who can play confortably on the right. He was signed for a friendly contract at 3.9M until 2018.
I wouldnt give up bogo alone even if montreal through in their first.

Price is the only one on that team I would trade bogo for, and even that would be a package, not straight up

__________________
Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
King Woodballs is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 09:02 AM
  #464
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist
 
BigTuna49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATL
Country: Egypt
Posts: 23,040
vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by bh2007 View Post
With the rise of P. Postma and Z. Redmond (and J.Trouba in the pipeline) the Jets have plenty of righty defender. I wonder if it should make Z.Bogosian available.
Anyway, how about :
To Winipeg : J.Gorges + T.Moen + 2013 5th round pick
To Montreal : Z.Bogosian + 2013 3th round pick

J.Gorges is a lefty defender who can play confortably on the right. He was signed for a friendly contract at 3.9M until 2018.
Lol Bogo is or on his way to being a saint in Winnipeg. Kid ain't going anywhere.

BigTuna49 is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 04:40 PM
  #465
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar
 
Grind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 3,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
I don't know about that. He has publicly stated, numerous times that he will not block a trade. I'm sure he won't go to like Columbus or something, but I don't think that it's out of the realm of possibility for him to want to play here,

What I think is more unlikely? Him being traded right now. Especially with how shaky Schneider has been this far. He hasn't bad by any means, but he hasn't been as solid as alot of people expected.

Depth at Goalie is one of Vancouer's greatest assets, and since they are really looking solid this year with Kesler back and improved depth with some of their prospects proving to be solid NHLers they could really make a run at it.

I doubt that they trade Lu right now. Off season? For sure. Not now though. He's playing too good for that.

As for Wheeler...I think there is alot of early panic here that is not warranted whatsoever. The guy has 4goals an 7assists already. I know stats aren't everything...but I mean come on. It seems like the primary ***** about the guy is that he isn't producing.

Well there you go.
apparently production isn't nearly important as "trying hard enough"....

this is one gripe i can't come to grips with... he's playing good, he's taking shots, he's getting points.... for christ sake if we were winning games people would be talking about how freaking good he is.

We have 3 forwards who are on 64 + point production pace...we certainly didn't have that last year.

Yes it's a small sample size, but it's also a small sample size for "his lack of effort' or whatever sins he's being blamed for this week.

I really think were just losing and no one knows why, so they blame the biggest names, regardless of how well they're playing.

Grind is online now  
Old
02-19-2013, 07:21 PM
  #466
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,057
vCash: 50
I wonder if Miller could available?

sully1410 is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 08:09 PM
  #467
ps241
Drunken rant!
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,420
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
Yeah but you usually only see these one sided offers on the main boards. Either way, the last guy this organization should ever consider moving is Bogo. Just watching him the last couple games he is heads and shoulders above Postma and Redmond and he is also younger. Trading from strength (right d-man) makes sense but not our most valuable one.
1000% agree.....watching Bogo live against Boston I couldn't believe how much of a physical specimen he is compared to guys like Postma and Reds.....in fairness though he is a # 3 overall pick vs 7th rounders but he is a beast out there.

ps241 is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 08:15 PM
  #468
ps241
Drunken rant!
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,420
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post

As for Wheeler...I think there is alot of early panic here that is not warranted whatsoever. The guy has 4goals an 7assists already. I know stats aren't everything...but I mean come on. It seems like the primary ***** about the guy is that he isn't producing.

Well there you go.
Yea Sully I am with you on this point completely. wheeler has been working hard especially hustling back on plays competeting very hard and wait for it......producing. Is he as dominant as he was over that great stretch last year.....maybe not but we are playing away more buttoned down game as a team and Blake is doing his part in that scheme.

I remain a big fan and he is getting results stats wise.

ps241 is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 08:47 PM
  #469
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,729
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
I wonder if Miller could available?
The price would have to be huge.

Sweech is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 09:21 PM
  #470
jetkarma
Registered User
 
jetkarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
The price would have to be huge.
Silver is pricey.

jetkarma is online now  
Old
02-19-2013, 09:42 PM
  #471
Zhamnov10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
If the jets were able to grab Seth Jones,I think we would have to trade one of Buff,Trouba,Bogo or Jones any thoughts on who would go and to what team you would think the oilers would be a decent trading partner?

Zhamnov10 is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 09:47 PM
  #472
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,999
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov10 View Post
If the jets were able to grab Seth Jones,I think we would have to trade one of Buff,Trouba,Bogo or Jones any thoughts on who would go and to what team you would think the oilers would be a decent trading partner?
In the event that we got Jones, I would think we could then give Trouba another year in the NCAA (if that is what both wanted). TNSE could then move one or both of Enstrom and Buff at some point in the future for pieces that fit their mold. A future trio of Bogo, Trouba, and Jones would be excellent.

Huffer is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:15 AM
  #473
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,729
vCash: 50
Oh man, how badly I would like the Jets to go after someone like this:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1354531

Sweech is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:46 AM
  #474
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
In the event that we got Jones, I would think we could then give Trouba another year in the NCAA (if that is what both wanted). TNSE could then move one or both of Enstrom and Buff at some point in the future for pieces that fit their mold. A future trio of Bogo, Trouba, and Jones would be excellent.
That would be a crazy good defense corps. I don't think the Jets will be in a position to pick Jones though. But it's nice to dream.

Bob E is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 01:29 AM
  #475
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,027
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
In the event that we got Jones, I would think we could then give Trouba another year in the NCAA (if that is what both wanted). TNSE could then move one or both of Enstrom and Buff at some point in the future for pieces that fit their mold. A future trio of Bogo, Trouba, and Jones would be excellent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
That would be a crazy good defense corps. I don't think the Jets will be in a position to pick Jones though. But it's nice to dream.
To be honest with you, I don't know if that would be THAT much better than what we got now. Enstrom and Byfuglien are considered top notch d-men in the league because they are top-notch guys... So, don't know if Trouba and Jones would be worlds and worlds away from Enstrom and Buff...
I'd rather keep one of Enstrom or Byfuglien with those guys... they did extend Enstrom so I think he does fit "their mold"...

garret9 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.