HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation - 2012-13 (Part XI)

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2013, 08:23 AM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict View Post
When I said that we should "move up" I was implying that it would be a draft day/week trade. I'm also against trading away assets, but we have a wealth of draft picks to use to move up if possible.
That kind of move will be dependent on who is available.

Last edited by truck: 03-01-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Old
03-01-2013, 03:29 PM
Ho Borvat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damascus View Post
I would definitely wave Thorbs to pick up Volpatti. No question.
I would have done that trade (knowing Volpatti would be waived).

Would you guys consider something like Sestito + Pick for him?
Or a prospect like Alexandre Grenier (6'5, 3rd round pick 21 years old)?

Old
03-01-2013, 10:01 PM
BigG44

vCash: 475
I hope you guys don't mind me asking, but could Carl Klingberg be available?

I ask because his brother John Klingberg is reportedly joining the Texas Stars at the conclusion of the SEL season. John has already had an episode of home sickness when playing in Finland last season. He eventually left the team and returned to Sweden.

I just wanted to know if something centered around Scott Glennie (a guy from Winnipeg) might work. I totally understand he is a diminished value asset. I'm not trying to say the two are equivalent, but a change of scenery to his home town could be beneficial. If Dallas was to add something to Glennie, would it make since for Winnipeg to make a move?

Old
03-01-2013, 10:52 PM
jetkarma

Can Chicago resign Viktor Stalberg ?

Could be a good fit here , big , versatile improving player . 22 goals last year , none on the power play , that is really strong . I like his game , Chevy will know him , he's 27 , 6-3 ,can play either wing .

Old
03-01-2013, 10:56 PM
Channelcat

vCash: 2014
Hainsey brings a 3rd and 4th, thats about it. I cant see Chevy moving him if we are anywhere near a playoff spot.

Old
03-01-2013, 10:59 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Channelcat View Post
Hainsey brings a 3rd and 4th, thats about it. I cant see Chevy moving him if we are anywhere near a playoff spot.
can you provide something to backup the claim that hainsey would garner less on the trade market then Johnn y oduya?

there's a plethora of statistical evidence saying Hainsy is a much better player then johnny O, and a legitimate top 4 dmen.

Could you back up this claim? Because frankly, it's a little ridiculous.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:13 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1235
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I hope you guys don't mind me asking, but could Carl Klingberg be available?

I ask because his brother John Klingberg is reportedly joining the Texas Stars at the conclusion of the SEL season. John has already had an episode of home sickness when playing in Finland last season. He eventually left the team and returned to Sweden.

I just wanted to know if something centered around Scott Glennie (a guy from Winnipeg) might work. I totally understand he is a diminished value asset. I'm not trying to say the two are equivalent, but a change of scenery to his home town could be beneficial. If Dallas was to add something to Glennie, would it make since for Winnipeg to make a move?
I would think Klingberg would be available, as he also seems to be a diminishing asset. Not sure what happened with Glennie but he was highly regarded at one time. This might be one of those minor piece trades done to help out both organizations with a good chance none of the principals never actually play for the big club.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:24 PM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Channelcat View Post
He's averaging 24 minutes per game, he's 5th in the league in blocked shots, he's on pace for 29 points in a full season and he's a very respectable +4. And you think he gets a 3rd and a 4th. Have you ever paid any attention to what defensemen of his ilk can garner at the deadline?

Old
03-01-2013, 11:26 PM
Fire Shero*

What do you guys think about Tangradi? I saw his ice time had been decreased. He still can't score. Do you think Winnipeg will keep him the rest of the year?

Old
03-01-2013, 11:29 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Wingers View Post
What do you guys think about Tangradi? I saw his ice time had been decreased. He still can't score. Do you think Winnipeg will keep him the rest of the year?
I think they will keep him. I don't see Chevy quitting on him this early. Hopefully they can develop him further.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:47 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

vCash: 50
X2 on Klingberg being available. I don't think he has shown he can make it to the show. Apparently in very good shape however. When I saw him live I thought he just wouldn't cut it.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:09 AM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
I think they will keep him. I don't see Chevy quitting on him this early. Hopefully they can develop him further.
I think he needs to cut his weight. Penguins were trying to turn him into a powerforward and that's not what he is. Needs to lose the weight because frankly he doesn't use it. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Big should not always equal physical. Look at Wheeler and JVR for an example of this. He's not as talented as either of them, but I think he can play a similar game. What he does need to do is find a way to become productive, otherwise he really holds zero value.

Bring some speed back into his game so he can still have very solid forecheck value and just accept that he's a big man who plays a smaller man's game.

Old
03-02-2013, 08:15 AM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
I think he needs to cut his weight. Penguins were trying to turn him into a powerforward and that's not what he is. Needs to lose the weight because frankly he doesn't use it. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Big should not always equal physical. Look at Wheeler and JVR for an example of this. He's not as talented as either of them, but I think he can play a similar game. What he does need to do is find a way to become productive, otherwise he really holds zero value.

Bring some speed back into his game so he can still have very solid forecheck value and just accept that he's a big man who plays a smaller man's game.
I don't know what he needs to do or if he can get there, but perhaps a summer with Gary Roberts is in his future.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:17 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Wingers View Post
I don't see Peluso holding a third-line spot for long - he might be working out the best there right now but ultimately Tangradi or Wellwood are expected to push for that spot. Tangradi will have his chance.

Old
03-02-2013, 10:43 AM
spicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stej View Post
He's averaging 24 minutes per game, he's 5th in the league in blocked shots, he's on pace for 29 points in a full season and he's a very respectable +4. And you think he gets a 3rd and a 4th. Have you ever paid any attention to what defensemen of his ilk can garner at the deadline?
this x 1000.

I wasnt a huge fan of him at first last year, but admittedly because i watched very little of the Thrashers, but he was a concern. But after watching his play, he does the right things a HUGE majority of the time, and eats up a lot of time every game.

I dont thinkhes worth what hes currently getting, but i wouldnt be shocked to see us resign him for a few mil less than hes making currently. his leadership is worth it alone.

either that or we hire him as staff, or to do color for all TSN Jets games.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:09 AM
Bob E

There's definitely "good Ron" and "bad Ron".

"Good Ron" has played the majority of the season, but "bad Ron" has shown up a bit, like last game.

I hope "bad Ron" goes on vacation. Somewhere hot, like... St Louis, for draft picks.

That said, I'm good with signing "good Ron" to a new 2 year deal. .

Old
03-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Jet
Bogo Believer

Quote:

Sweech, I just don't see him sticking as an NHL'er playing a Wheeler game. He doesn't have nearly the skill that Wheeler does. If Tangradi wants to be an NHL player he will need to get it into his mind that he has to bang bodies all game. That will open up the ice for him and his linemates and he can start to be productive. Some of his best chances as a Jet so far have been a result of him hitting guys and getting the puck turned over.

Some guys realize they have to play a certain way and change their game to stay in the NHL, and some guys refuse and disappear.

A guy like Andrew Cogliano had a very offensive first season on the kid line with Nilsson and Gagner in Edmonton, but then thought that he was going to be a consistent scorer. He had to realize that to be an effective NHL'er he had to become a checking centre, and he did.

03-02-2013, 10:03 PM
voyageur
Registered lunatic

I really hope we continue to dismantle our core of underachieving vets. Next up Antropov. With Eric O'Dell really blooming well in St. John's, Cormier down the depth chart too in the last year of his entry level contract, now is the time to let the team get some young energy in the lineup, and a return on players who don't factor in the long-term plans. Do you think we could get Urbom, a former Wheat King a defensive defenseman who can play physical, and a middle round (3-5) pick, for old Antropov? Jokinen should be playing top 6 minutes, and a kid like O'Dell could give the team a spark, maybe paired up with a vet like Wellwood?

Old
03-03-2013, 12:43 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
Sweech, I just don't see him sticking as an NHL'er playing a Wheeler game. He doesn't have nearly the skill that Wheeler does. If Tangradi wants to be an NHL player he will need to get it into his mind that he has to bang bodies all game. That will open up the ice for him and his linemates and he can start to be productive. Some of his best chances as a Jet so far have been a result of him hitting guys and getting the puck turned over.

Some guys realize they have to play a certain way and change their game to stay in the NHL, and some guys refuse and disappear.

A guy like Andrew Cogliano had a very offensive first season on the kid line with Nilsson and Gagner in Edmonton, but then thought that he was going to be a consistent scorer. He had to realize that to be an effective NHL'er he had to become a checking centre, and he did.
Agreed. Tangradi doesn't have the foot speed to play a soft game. Using your size, which doesn't necessarily mean always going out of your way to finish checks, is literally the difference between Antropov and Wellwood - both very smart players with very subpar skating but one has tremendous size and knows how to use it (protecting the puck, winning battles) while the other is a healthy scratch.

Old
03-03-2013, 08:25 AM
Zhamnov10

Quote:

I totally agree with that if he has any chance of sticking in the NHL he has to improve his first few steps and getting a bit lighter would def help.That being said the guy has absolutely no drive he played a good first period his first game and has done nothing since.

Old
03-03-2013, 01:59 PM
Channelcat

vCash: 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
can you provide something to backup the claim that hainsey would garner less on the trade market then Johnn y oduya?

there's a plethora of statistical evidence saying Hainsy is a much better player then johnny O, and a legitimate top 4 dmen.

Could you back up this claim? Because frankly, it's a little ridiculous.

1) He's 31, 2) owners don't like him (see Chris Campoli) 3) he's UFA, 4) difficult to deal contractually 5) Hawks overpaid for Oduya.

But, as I said before, I suspect they'll probably keep him for the duration.

Old
03-03-2013, 02:36 PM
puck stoppa

Ladd Little Wheeler
Kane Jokinen Burmi
???? Scheif ????
Wright Slater ????

Buff Enstrom
Bogo ??? (Trouba)
Stuart Redmond

I like stockpiling draft picks but I think we have four spots to fill for next year. The most important being the third line wingers. Will Cormier, Klingberg, Lowry, Telegin make the jump? That is to be seen, I think we need a couple solid free agents to fill some our needs.

Old
03-03-2013, 02:57 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
I really hope we continue to dismantle our core of underachieving vets. Next up Antropov. With Eric O'Dell really blooming well in St. John's, Cormier down the depth chart too in the last year of his entry level contract, now is the time to let the team get some young energy in the lineup, and a return on players who don't factor in the long-term plans. Do you think we could get Urbom, a former Wheat King a defensive defenseman who can play physical, and a middle round (3-5) pick, for old Antropov? Jokinen should be playing top 6 minutes, and a kid like O'Dell could give the team a spark, maybe paired up with a vet like Wellwood?
I am all for adding picks, but filling holes internally won't be easy.

O'Dell will probably get a look soon and I fully expect Cormier to get a 1-way deal next year, but there aren't many other options.

The system is getting deeper and the team is getting harder to make, but depth remains an issue. If Chevy moves beyond our current aging vets he may need to pickup a couple to fill those holes.

One top notch UFA pickup would be really nice. Imagine adding a Getz, Perry or Brunner to the top line or Smid to the D group. If Chevy can do that it will be huge. If not, we wait.

Old
03-03-2013, 03:03 PM
Bob E

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
I am all for adding picks, but filling holes internally won't be easy.

O'Dell will probably get a look soon and I fully expect Cormier to get a 1-way deal next year, but there aren't many other options.

The system is getting deeper and the team is getting harder to make, but depth remains an issue. If Chevy moves beyond our current aging vets he may need to pickup a couple to fill those holes.

One top notch UFA pickup would be really nice. Imagine adding a Getz, Perry or Brunner to the top line or Smid to the D group. If Chevy can do that it will be huge. If not, we wait.
... and wait.

Old
03-03-2013, 03:10 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
Ladd Little Wheeler
Kane Jokinen Burmi
???? Scheif ????
Wright Slater ????

Buff Enstrom
Bogo ??? (Trouba)
Stuart Redmond

I like stockpiling draft picks but I think we have four spots to fill for next year. The most important being the third line wingers. Will Cormier, Klingberg, Lowry, Telegin make the jump? That is to be seen, I think we need a couple solid free agents to fill some our needs.
Makes sense to me.

Notes:
I don't think Chevy traded for Tangradi just to let him walk, so I suspect we can pencil him in to a spot next to Scheifele.

Cormier will be waiver eligible next year too, so he probably sticks (or his days as a relevant prospect may come to an end.

Also, where did Postma and Peluso go?

Closed Thread