HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation - 2012-13 (Part XI)

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2013, 03:12 PM
puck stoppa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Makes sense to me.

Notes:
I don't think Chevy traded for Tangradi just to let him walk, so I suspect we can pencil him in to a spot next to Scheifele.

Cormier will be waiver eligible next year too, so he probably sticks (or his days as a relevant prospect may come to an end.

Also, where did Postma and Peluso go?
Im guessing Peluso can go on the fourth line at the expense of Thor. Postma will be expendable as I think we need a real defensive dman, shotblocker, PKer, left hander, so I think Postma may be gone. I like Slater but think Cormier may replace him at some point but I hope not.

Old
03-03-2013, 03:25 PM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
Im guessing Peluso can go on the fourth line at the expense of Thor. Postma will be expendable as I think we need a real defensive dman, shotblocker, PKer, left hander, so I think Postma may be gone. I like Slater but think Cormier may replace him at some point but I hope not.
I still don't think Slater brings much more than faceoffs. I could see him being replaced. I could also see Cormier being moved to the wing.

Old
03-03-2013, 03:59 PM
puck stoppa

How about a trade with FLA for Weiss? He's having a crappy year and may not command much. Maybe Postma, Klingberg and a 2nd rounder?

Old
03-03-2013, 04:14 PM
StronGeer
Hopeful Fleecer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
I still don't think Slater brings much more than faceoffs. I could see him being replaced. I could also see Cormier being moved to the wing.
I would agree with you that Slater doesn't bring much besides faceoff prowess. However, management signed him for 3 years in the offseason so I think he sticks.

Quote:
Ladd Little Wheeler
Kane Jokinen Burmi
???? Scheif ????
Wright Slater ????

Buff Enstrom
Bogo ??? (Trouba)
Stuart Redmond

I like stockpiling draft picks but I think we have four spots to fill for next year. The most important being the third line wingers. Will Cormier, Klingberg, Lowry, Telegin make the jump? That is to be seen, I think we need a couple solid free agents to fill some our needs.
Pending any trade or other free agent signings, I could see management signing both Hainsey and Antro to much lower value 1-2 year deals. Trouba likely won't be leaving college next season imo, and I don't think anyone in St. John's is ready to wing Scheif just yet. I would've said Telegin at the beginning of the season, but he's not had great production in the AHL this year. I also think Peluso fills the 4th line RW. Tangradi stays on as the other third line winger. Thorburn is the 13th forward/fighter #2 if Peluso keeps busting up his hand on opponents faces, since he still has a year left.

I think Postma gets traded, Clitsome or another fringe D gets signed for the 7th D role. For forwards, Scheif is flanked on the right by Antro if he gets resigned or a young gun. Either someone with STJ right now or Burmi IF we sign another Top 6 UFA/trade this offseason like Perry or Weiss (please Chevy).

Old
03-03-2013, 05:05 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
How about a trade with FLA for Weiss? He's having a crappy year and may not command much. Maybe Postma, Klingberg and a 2nd rounder?
I've always sorta liked Weiss, but Florida is by no means out of it so trading him to the JETS is not an option. Also worth mentioning, don't think I'd give up that much for a soon to be UFA

Old
03-03-2013, 05:31 PM
ahplk

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
I've always sorta liked Weiss, but Florida is by no means out of it so trading him to the JETS is not an option. Also worth mentioning, don't think I'd give up that much for a soon to be UFA
He has a NMC and I think the rumour last year was that he'd only waive it to go to Toronto...but who knows? He definitely could use a change of scenery.

Old
03-03-2013, 06:09 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:

Old
03-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahplk View Post
He has a NMC and I think the rumour last year was that he'd only waive it to go to Toronto...but who knows? He definitely could use a change of scenery.
Probably a rumour started by Toronto fans.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:48 AM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Slater is probably one of the better 4th line centers in the league, he's not going anywhere unless its for talent coming back.

I'm very VERY hesitant to pencil Scheifele in for the 3rd line next fall. I'd prefer he get at least half a season in the A playing first first line, first PP, getting PK time , etc.

Otherwise Claude won't trust him anyway so he'll be limited in how much he can help us.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:18 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Channelcat View Post
1) He's 31, 2) owners don't like him (see Chris Campoli) 3) he's UFA, 4) difficult to deal contractually 5) Hawks overpaid for Oduya.

But, as I said before, I suspect they'll probably keep him for the duration.
31.... so what? Maybe you should take look at career years for defencemen. Guess where their prime is? Hint, it's not 25

2) ANY gm that makes his decisions on contracts with a heavy amount of justification on such thigns should be **** canned. Their job is to build the best team, NOT hire personalities. If you look at dmen available Hainsy is probably the top 5 available.

3) he's ufa...so what? If he wasn't a UFA i would **** a brick if chevy got anything less then a first +... he's a top 4 dman...maybe you've got a different free agent list then i do, but they don't generally get thrown around on the cheap.

4) I don't even know aht that means? What he has a high cap hit? Ok, i'll give you that, he does have a high cap hit for the remainder of the season. thankfully, you can now hold onto salary when trading, can't you?

5)Opinion or fact? Worst case scenario i would assume waht the hawks paid for johnny O is what you would ahve gotten for hainsey Last year. He's played much better since then.

Sorry bud, i don't buy it, i think your concept of player value is out of whack and If my explanations as to why are insufficient we will have to agree to disagree. I try and do my best to not overvalue you players nor picks, but there's pretty much no historical examples of player performing the way hainsey has netting nothing but a third and a fourth.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:22 PM
winterpeg
Sharp Dressed Man

Well Weiss is out of the question now.

Are we speculating about picking Hamrlik off of waivers? Partially cause he was a 20 min guy in last years playoffs and went +8, and also because we could have a D to D pass "From Hamrlik to Clitsome"... I mean. Seriously.

If we're not, that's fine. But imagine the possibilities.

Also he's LHD. And unless I'm backwards because I need coffee this morning, we're loaded on right and low on left, correct?

Old
03-05-2013, 12:38 PM
Rheged
JMFT

Yeah, vet left handed D who played big minutes in the playoffs last year and is a UFA at the end of the season..

I'd bet the Jets put a claim in.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:41 PM
StronGeer
Hopeful Fleecer

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterpeg View Post
Are we speculating about picking Hamrlik off of waivers? Partially cause he was a 20 min guy in last years playoffs and went +8, and also because we could have a D to D pass "From Hamrlik to Clitsome"... I mean. Seriously.

Also, with Weiss out, that makes the free agent/trade market a little tougher.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

yup, definitly hope we put a claim in and he falls to us. We could use a guy like him.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Flair Hay

Pick up the Hammer of waivers, then trade Hainsey for 1st/2nd+

Am I the only one who thinks this would be pretty stellar asset management? If Hamrlik can do 80% of what Hainsey can do (ie: Oduya to Clitty) it won't hurt us terribly short term and will be another potential piece to the Cup puzzle down the road!

Old
03-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Sweech
COYS!

I'd pick up Hammer.

A few teams ahead of us on waiver order might have interest in him though.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Gm0ney

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
Pick up the Hammer of waivers, then trade Hainsey for 1st/2nd+

Am I the only one who thinks this would be pretty stellar asset management? If Hamrlik can do 80% of what Hainsey can do (ie: Oduya to Clitty) it won't hurt us terribly short term and will be another potential piece to the Cup puzzle down the road!
I don't think we can be sellers at this point - we need to hang on to Hainsey. A downgrade is a downgrade and sends a bad message.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Rheged
JMFT

Yeah, the whole point of grabbing Hammer in my mind would be depth/injury insurance, trading Hainsey would completely nullify that.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Flair Hay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
Yeah, the whole point of grabbing Hammer in my mind would be depth/injury insurance, trading Hainsey would completely nullify that.
It's definitely a little NHL 13, but if Hainsey isn't resigned by the deadline I'm pretty sure the team would understand why he's being traded. We were in a very similar spot last year when Oduya was dealt and no one was unhappy as I recall.

I'd put in a claim for Hamrlik as long as it didn't come out of next year's budget.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Sweech
COYS!

I think the trading Hainsey option is really only there for the deadline. Which would all be based on the performance of Hammer (if we did pick him up) and where we are in the standings.

Old
03-05-2013, 02:59 PM
Duir
Registered Bunk

I am in favour of picking up Hammer. I remember when he was in Calgary and they talked about his influence on developing D and how helped make them better players. Couldn't hurt to have that as well as some solid vet experience.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:16 PM
Wpgpage

Really hope they pick him up, could even play him for 15 games then trade him to a team that needs D at the deadline for a low pick. Now that would be asset management.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Flair Hay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpgpage View Post
Really hope they pick him up, could even play him for 15 games then trade him to a team that needs D at the deadline for a low pick. Now that would be asset management.
Yup. If he does well maybe a contender takes a chance on him.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:37 PM
winterpeg
Sharp Dressed Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
It's definitely a little NHL 13...
I really like how you chose to describe that.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

I was one that was hoping to get Hamrlik. He was such a great defenseman in his Oiler/ Flames days, and I realize he's faded a bit but he is better than Stuart Clitsome or Postma right now. Then if we could ever get Toby back we would have a real solid D corps heading into the stretch drive.

I think someone will grab him first. He's not really terribly overpaid.