HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation - 2012-13 (Part XI)

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2013, 03:43 PM
winterpeg
Sharp Dressed Man

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
He's not really terribly overpaid.
Especially at a prorated rate for the second half of a season, seeing as he's UFA next year. Pretty low risk.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:47 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

vCash: 69
Not sure how effective he is at 38 years of age, but if he could come in for a few months and do what we would need him to do, I'd be all for it.

It's so odd given we're just over the 20 game mark, yet it's March 5th, playoffs begin in April. So little time. A month and 3 weeks and the regular season is already over. If Hamrilik still has some gas in the tank, he could be a perfect addition for the short time we would need him.

03-05-2013, 03:48 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterpeg View Post
I really like how you chose to describe that.
Isles put Visnovsky on waivers last night right after my first BR! I subsequently put Hainsey on the block. LA offers a first for Hainsey. Signed sealed and delivered.

Toby's 81 overall messes with my D pairings tho. Rage.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Sweech
Alles zu seiner Zeit

vCash: 5239
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
Isles put Visnovsky on waivers last night right after my first BR! I subsequently put Hainsey on the block. LA offers a first for Hainsey. Signed sealed and delivered.

Toby clearly slept with someone's wife who made that game.

I kept him on the first pairing anyway and did incredibly well with him actually. Mostly because poke-checking is way more effective in NHL 13 than it was in 12.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:45 PM
sully1410
#VinegarStrokes

vCash: 72
I hope we grab Hamrlik

Old
03-05-2013, 08:41 PM
winterpeg
Sharp Dressed Man

Quote:

You can make some pretty deliciously broken trades in that game. In a fantasy drafted team that I've got with my buddy, I traded 2 firsts that were like, 6 and 7 years away (like we'll ever play that many games) to Vancouver for Getslaf and Karlsson. Yeah.

But on thread topic, Hamrlik would fill a definite gap, and there's very little risk in it, given such a short timeframe.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:56 AM
voyageur
Registered lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachy Goj View Post
Not sure how effective he is at 38 years of age, but if he could come in for a few months and do what we would need him to do, I'd be all for it.

It's so odd given we're just over the 20 game mark, yet it's March 5th, playoffs begin in April. So little time. A month and 3 weeks and the regular season is already over. If Hamrilik still has some gas in the tank, he could be a perfect addition for the short time we would need him.
Hamrlik's foot speed is waning, and in the bigger, stronger, faster NHL he will be exposed. He is still a beast on the penalty kill though, and would improve the Jets in an area where they honestly stink. But do we need another veteran stopgap?

What I would like to see is a Jets team with real speed in their game, no system can hide that the Jets are not a great skating team with the exception of a few players.

Don't understand why Cormier is in the minors. He was ready last year. We've gone through Mac Lean, Miettenen, Wright, Tangradi and Peluso and he is a better option than any of these players. Strong, good skater, finishes checks, goes to the dirty areas, will scrap, and agitate, kills penalties and wins face-offs.

I'd rather trade Antropov for a potential defensive replacement for Hainsey, or sacrifice a
prospect for a younger player, like Smid.

I think mediocre management is the biggest culprit for mediocre results.

Old
03-06-2013, 07:49 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

Caught the Jets piece last night on TSN's TradeCentre preview show. Pretty well just touched on how Cheveldayoff will be looking to add a top 6-9 gritty, power forward who can help with scoring, preferably top 6. Said we'll want to keep most of our younger core intact as that is the goal. Dreger did say though as much as we have guys we could sell per say, make no mistake, Chevy is a 'buyer' in order to improve the team going forward.

Players listed as potentially/likely available (that I can remember off the top of my head): Hainsey, Burmistrov, Antropov, Postma.

I forget the exact words, but Dreger made it sound like Burmistrov could very well be on the outs in order for Cheveldayoff to get what he needs/wants.

I still think there is a chance Paul Stastny ends up a Winnipeg Jet. Whether it be this season from now to the trade deadline or in the offseason. Just a feeling. Stastny is a pure playmaker, imagine the things he could do with Evander Kane on his wing.

Last edited by Guerzy: 03-06-2013 at 08:16 AM.
Old
03-06-2013, 10:05 AM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

Quote:
Caught the Jets piece last night on TSN's TradeCentre preview show. Pretty well just touched on how Cheveldayoff will be looking to add a top 6-9 gritty, power forward who can help with scoring, preferably top 6. Said we'll want to keep most of our younger core intact as that is the goal. Dreger did say though as much as we have guys we could sell per say, make no mistake, Chevy is a 'buyer' in order to improve the team going forward.

Players listed as potentially/likely available (that I can remember off the top of my head): Hainsey, Burmistrov, Antropov, Postma.

I forget the exact words, but Dreger made it sound like Burmistrov could very well be on the outs in order for Cheveldayoff to get what he needs/wants.

I still think there is a chance Paul Stastny ends up a Winnipeg Jet. Whether it be this season from now to the trade deadline or in the offseason. Just a feeling. Stastny is a pure playmaker, imagine the things he could do with Evander Kane on his wing.

Hopefully it is Little we trade, Burmi is going to be good on the PP and PK and he has not hit his ceiling.

To Avs

Bryan Little
Hainsey

To Jets

Paul Stastny
Duncan Siemens

The Jets might have to add.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Flair Hay

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
Hopefully it is Little we trade, Burmi is going to be good on the PP and PK and he has not hit his ceiling.

To Avs

Bryan Little
Hainsey

To Jets

Paul Stastny
Duncan Siemens

The Jets might have to add.
Siemens is about on par with Trouba with how much he means to the Avs. He is going nowhere. Toronto would outbid that package for Stastny alone I'd imagine.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:17 AM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

Quote:
Siemens is about on par with Trouba with how much he means to the Avs. He is going nowhere. Toronto would outbid that package for Stastny alone I'd imagine.

If Chevy keeps his poker face, then Sherman can be taken.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:23 AM
bigplay41*
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41*
well Rags got Hammer

Old
03-06-2013, 11:34 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
well Rags got Hammer
yep bothers me as it means we didn't put a claim in. totally thought we could use a guy like that

Old
03-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1200
Quote:

Hopefully Dreger is correct and Chevy is aggressively shopping all of the above at this very moment.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Flair Hay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Hopefully Dreger is correct and Chevy is aggressively shopping all of the above at this very moment.
Yeah. Too many of nights from all the players listed there.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:22 PM
PaperRockChamp

In a week or two, I could be calling myself an idiot for having these thoughts, but in these last 5-10 days I have warmed to the idea of trading Burmi, Little, and even Wheeler. Hopefully, Chevy is at least listening to offers.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:31 PM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpggrown View Post
In a week or two, I could be calling myself an idiot for having these thoughts, but in these last 5-10 days I have warmed to the idea of trading Burmi, Little, and even Wheeler. Hopefully, Chevy is at least listening to offers.

What made you warm up to that idea wpggrown? I don't think we would get true value for those guys. They mean more to the Jets and we won't get a fair deal.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Bob E

I'm trying to like Little, I really am, but the point production is just not there. Similar to Burmi.

I know this completely depletes the C position, but I wouldn't mind either, or both, moved to land a solid point producing forward.

Also wouldn't mind drafting a center in the 7-9 spot, which looks like where we're ending up.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:39 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

vCash: 891
Quote:
With what?

Old
03-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Flair Hay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
I'm trying to like Little, I really am, but the point production is just not there. Similar to Burmi.

I know this completely depletes the C position, but I wouldn't mind either, or both, moved to land a solid point producing forward.

Also wouldn't mind drafting a center in the 7-9 spot, which looks like where we're ending up.
Hard to tell. We're not out of the playoff race by any stretch, but we're also 3 pts from DFL Columbus.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:43 PM
Flair Hay

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganhunter View Post
With what?
I hate the Leafs a ton, but our cupboards aren't much more full than theirs...now that they have a coach that's actually improving their young players, they have defense to spare. And like us a lot of second/third line depth. Just no top liners they can move.

Stastny+Siemens for Little + Hainsey is larceny. I just try to be more polite with fellow Jets fans. I'm not sure those two would even get us Siemens alone. Colorado has zero reason to trade him.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

Quote:
Shawn McKenzie ‏@ShawnMcKenzie89
Excited to be moving to Winnipeg as the @Sportsnet WPG reporter. Can't wait to experience the MTS Centre for @NHLJets games.
Appears Bob McKenzie's son Shawn will be covering the Jets for Sportsnet now? Guess it would only make sense for Sportsnet seeing as they have the rest of the Canadian teams covered. Cool.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:09 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

vCash: 891
Quote:
I hate the Leafs a ton, but our cupboards aren't much more full than theirs...now that they have a coach that's actually improving their young players, they have defense to spare. And like us a lot of second/third line depth. Just no top liners they can move.

Stastny+Siemens for Little + Hainsey is larceny. I just try to be more polite with fellow Jets fans. I'm not sure those two would even get us Siemens alone. Colorado has zero reason to trade him.
Oh I agree we are not getting Siemens but would the Avs say no to Little + for Stastny whether it be a pick or Hainsey or whatever? Also if we don't start winning games we're supposed to win Hainsey, Antro, Wellwood, etc. might be as good as gone. I love Wheeler, Byfuglien, and Burmi but I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one of those guys gone as well as a guy like Little or Jokinen provided his contract isn't a deal breaker included that group.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Bob E

Quote:
Appears Bob McKenzie's son Shawn will be covering the Jets for Sportsnet now? Guess it would only make sense for Sportsnet seeing as they have the rest of the Canadian teams covered. Cool.
Excellent. Welcome Shawn.

Wait till the jets are in the playoffs, either this year or next. The roof will come off that building.

Was there for the first exhibition game vs CBJ. If Buff lays out 2 opponents on the 1st shift, in the playoffs, the building will simply explode.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:31 PM
PaperRockChamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
What made you warm up to that idea wpggrown? I don't think we would get true value for those guys. They mean more to the Jets and we won't get a fair deal.
It's just a realization that we are going to have to say goodbye to some players eventually.. We have to give up to get.. Now that we are in our 2nd year my personal list of untouchables has gotten much smaller (it was a 23-man list last year).

Those 3 are important to us now, for sure, and It's not a good idea to discuss this right after a performance like last night.. I guess what I'm saying is that with regards to this team; I am an emotional wreck!

Closed Thread