HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Non-Ownership Thread: Who Cares Edition

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2013, 11:37 AM
RemoAZ
Stugots

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindiggy View Post
I don't care who owns us as long as they stay here.
Same here. We've already proved we can ice a decent product with a limited budget and zero marketing. An actual owner that had an interest in hockey who put forth a real effort to try and make the organization succeed would be a huge improvement.

http://ktar.com/22/1609039/Woods-con...to-buy-Coyotes

Quote:
"There's a very real possibility here that you could have a top notch ownership that could come in, do a great job with the Coyotes, and maybe give Glendale a better financial deal and situation than they were contemplating," Woods said.
Quote:
"They're going to be able to have the wherewithal to go out and put a great team on the ice. That's the goal here," Woods said. "It's good as a sports fan if you have owners that are in it for the long haul. You don't have to worry about ‘oh, they're going to move the team or this or that.'"

Old
02-11-2013, 11:59 AM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
An actual owner that had an interest in hockey who put forth a real effort to try and make the organization succeed would be a huge improvement.
And you think Hulsizer or IEH is this savior owner?

Old
02-11-2013, 12:42 PM
goyotes

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Anything with IEH of Hulzy is a waste of time, and an attempt by the NHL and the CoG to keep selling Coyote tickets.

If this is what we are supposed to pin our hopes to, then I think the Coyotes are "done like dinner."

This is not good news to me. This confirms my worst fears that the team will relocate at the end of the season.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:48 PM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Just end it already. Sign me up for a move. So tired of this. Hulsizer and IEH as "top notch ownership?" Laughable.
Seriously. Those idiots are like [mod]. If a(n alleged) crook heading up a gang of wannabes is the best that can be done, if that's what we're looking at, the team might as well move now. At least they'd be leaving on something of a high note.

Last edited by Fugu: 02-11-2013 at 04:08 PM. Reason: no need to disparage those types of people
Old
02-11-2013, 01:06 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

it could be the ultimate in irony that thsi thing had dragged out so long that the economy and credit markets improve to the point where financing is less of an issue as it was back in 2009 when that jack ass put us in bankruptcy and really RIM Jim was the only option.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:47 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Quote:
We had Moyes who didn't want to own the team, then the NHL who has just been treading water since. Anybody that actually invests money in this has to be better than that. Do you believe Woods?:

Quote:
"There's a very real possibility here that you could have a top notch ownership that could come in, do a great job with the Coyotes, and maybe give Glendale a better financial deal and situation than they were contemplating," Woods said.
Quote:
"They're going to be able to have the wherewithal to go out and put a great team on the ice. That's the goal here," Woods said. "It's good as a sports fan if you have owners that are in it for the long haul. You don't have to worry about ‘oh, they're going to move the team or this or that.'"
Or is he just lying to us for some reason? Do I think any of the previous cast of characters will be a saviour? Hell no but the act they will be following will be pretty easy to beat.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:55 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
Do you believe Woods? Or is he just lying to us for some reason?
You make it sound like that is somehow out of the realm of possibility. I'd argue it's almost par for the course. Woods is not exactly qualified to determine what constitutes 'quality' ownership, having attached himself to the IEH clowns. I don't think he is lying so much as he doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. Repeating what constitutes a good owner isn't going to make one suddenly appear.

Quote:
Anybody that actually invests money in this has to be better than that.
PKP is willing to invest quite a bit in the Coyotes, as are other groups in other cities. We've done this little dance for four years now, with no one resourceful enough to close the deal. Why you think a disgraced former AG's words somehow carry weight in this fiasco, I'll never know.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:10 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Quote:
You make it sound like that is somehow out of the realm of possibility. I'd argue it's almost par for the course. Woods is not exactly qualified to determine what constitutes 'quality' ownership, having attached himself to the IEH clowns. I don't think he is lying so much as he doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. Repeating what constitutes a good owner isn't going to make one suddenly appear.

PKP is willing to invest quite a bit in the Coyotes, as are other groups in other cities. We've done this little dance for four years now, with no one resourceful enough to close the deal. Why you think a disgraced former AG's words somehow carry weight in this fiasco, I'll never know.
I'm not trying to "make it sound like" anything. He could be lying, FOS or simply clueless. Or he might actually be working on something legit. It is what it is. The fact is, just like through this whole mess, none of us really know what the hell is going on. I have zero faith in this getting done. I have sold 5 games in a row now, including the next one in order to pay my last payment because I refuse to invest any more money after the latest debaucle. I still hope someone, anyone buys the team and actually tries to make it work here for a few years. I don't think it's going to happen but I still hope. Woods says he has a group with the cash to get it done. Well Mr. Woods, crap or get off the pot.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:27 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

I think we deserve an all star cast of previous ownership groups, all congealed into one uber bid. We can call it the Super Group.

Old
02-11-2013, 04:59 PM
knowsthegame

If we really want the team to stay, we should be happy no matter who buys the team. It is not the best investment in the world for us to start being picky.
As long as it is stable ownership, there is something to build on and maybe we can start putting more butts in the seats.
We are doing just fine with the product on the ice with Maloney and Tippet, and as long as that piece remains in place we will be fine no matter who buys the team.

Old
02-11-2013, 06:31 PM
Matzel

Send a message via MSN to Matzel
Quote:
Nope. Nope, I don't. Actually.

Old
02-11-2013, 06:32 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTippett View Post
it could be the ultimate in irony that thsi thing had dragged out so long that the economy and credit markets improve to the point where financing is less of an issue as it was back in 2009 when that jack ass put us in bankruptcy and really RIM Jim was the only option.
What's funny is what has happened to RIM since then. A lot changes in 3-4 years!

Old
02-11-2013, 06:42 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
What's funny is what has happened to RIM since then. A lot changes in 3-4 years!
yea, who would have thought RIMM would be the one 3 or 4 years later susceptible to a hostel take over?

Old
02-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

The state of the economy has no impact on what the NHL's asking price is. That is all for now.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:12 PM
OKCDevil

Quote:
I think we deserve an all star cast of previous ownership groups, all congealed into one uber bid. We can call it the Super Group.
Call it "Laff-A-Lympics"

Old
02-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Matzel

Send a message via MSN to Matzel
Quote:
yea, who would have thought RIMM would be the one 3 or 4 years later susceptible to a hostel take over?
Might even be a hostile takeover...

Old
02-11-2013, 08:29 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Just to piss on the parade more, Tippett and Maloney aren't under contract past this season. It's highly probable that teams will throw significant money at them in the offseason. Even if the Coyotes stay, it likely will be without the services of both.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:37 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Just to piss on the parade more, Tippett and Maloney aren't under contract past this season. It's highly probable that teams will throw significant money at them in the offseason. Even if the Coyotes stay, it likely will be without the services of both.
Which is really a shame. They both have done a fabulous job for the Coyotes. Do they both have their families here?

Old
02-11-2013, 08:41 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Which is really a shame. They both have done a fabulous job for the Coyotes. Do they both have their families here?
Yes, and they have an affinity for the valley. But if another team comes knocking with a higher budget, stability and serious money/terms, they are gone. Maloney has always been in a position to take over whenever Sather retires. I would be concerned about losing him to such a situation, even if the Coyotes had perfectly stable ownership.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:20 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
That would be the ultimate **** you to us.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:02 AM
XX
Lots of Try

This ******* won't go away

Quote:
Two previously unsuccessful bidders for the Phoenix Coyotes have joined efforts to explore whether to make another attempt to purchase the orphaned franchise.

Canadian marketing professional Anthony LeBlanc and Chicago financier Matthew Hulsizer, who previously came up short in efforts to buy the Coyotes, are “exploring options” about possible terms and conditions to acquire the team anew, LeBlanc told The Arizona Republic on Monday.

LeBlanc would serve as the front man for the investment group, which eventually could include five or six investors, he said.

Hulsizer confirmed his involvement in the venture but deferred further comment to LeBlanc.
Quote:
It’s possible to reach a new agreement, but any deal would have to have some provisions of an arena-management arrangement, said LeBlanc, a resident of Thunder Bay, Ontario, which is about 350 miles northeast of Minneapolis.

“The city would like to see some more revenue streams at their disposal, and I think there’s ways to make that happen. Our main thing, obviously, is we’ve got to keep the integrity of the hockey side of the operation.”

His group is willing to discuss forgoing some revenue streams, such as ticket surcharges on non-hockey events at the 17,125-seat arena, he said.

“We understand that there are some cash constraints, but at the same time, we can’t do a deal that wouldn’t be economically feasible for us,” LeBlanc said. “It’s a verbose way of saying, ‘Look, we understand that it won’t be the same deal, but we’re trying to find a middle ground that would make sense for both sides.’”

LeBlanc previously headed a group of investors called Ice Edge Holdings, but the investors failed to raise $170million to buy the team from the NHL. This time the purchase price won’t be an issue if a deal with the city can be structured appropriately, he said.
Quote:
LeBlanc said he expects that if his group moves beyond its current “exploring options” phase, negotiations to complete a deal will move quickly. He anticipates that at least the framework of an agreement would be complete by the end of the NHL regular season, which wraps up in late April.
http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...-interest.html

I really hate this guy.

Old
02-12-2013, 05:41 AM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Good grief I take a "two week" hiatus from this zoo and nothing ever changes......

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Since I thought Hulsizer was involved in Jamison's deal, I am going to say he would be in on Woods' deal.
Apparently not....

LeBlanc is front running for a group that includes Hulsizer as an investor. No mention of Woods.

Paul Giblin wrote the article and to date he's been far more accurate than anyone else in the short time he's covered this soap opera.

My money is on Woods working for Reinsdorf and Kaites.... but that's only my speculation.

Old
02-12-2013, 05:56 AM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
This ******* won't go away

I really hate this guy.

Hate who?? Hulsizer???

Why??

If it weren't for the Hulsizers and Ice Edge groups of the world trying to buy the team and keep it here they more than likely would have been gone 3 years ago and we wouldn't have enjoyed the success the team's had.

Yeah I realize this whole Greek tragedy has been one big jerk to the emotional strings of everyone, but I got over that after about the first 6 months.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:08 AM
zz

Hulsizer and LeBlanc have no money. Both call themselves investors but are really trying to acquire a team with no money down. I can tell you from experience that when trying to raise money, you always run in people like that. Time wasters. They can be fund manager with no open fund, flying around swinging their big dicks and private jets to impressive others and boost their ego, or just to keep their name out there. Or guys trying to take a piece of the pie in exchange for assets other than cash, which is usually a bad deal (in the tech industry, 'incubators' fit that bill).

The key is to recognize them early and blow them off.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

I like how Jamison has slinked off into the night with barely a whimper. How the **** do you go from "the deal should close this week" to basically just disappearing?!

Closed Thread