HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Non-Ownership Thread: Who Cares Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 04:57 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

vCash: 500
More mind games as we apporach the dealine. No sale completed at the deadline pretty much means GJ doesn't have the money to buy the team as far as I'm concerned.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:04 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

vCash: 1025
I was bored so I looked at the resale market for the cheapest tickets to any of today's games:

1. @ Senators-$15
2. @ Coyotes-$23
3. @ Wild-$30
4. @ Canucks-$39

I have noticed that people have been using stubhub as a marker for the Coyote's viability...they are also using the parking prices and not the actual ticket prices. So in a list of games it may say starting at $4 but the actual ticket prices start at $15-$20. And for parking, with the $5 surcharge and $11 shipping of parking tickets, who would actually buy one when Lot G is only $10?

Random rant.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:04 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Oh c'mon, don't play coy, your post history is littered with QC affections. Even your post about Seattle clearly states that the ONLY (your use of caps, not mine) reason you'd prefer Seattle over QC is because you think a move to QC would cause the loss of Doan, Tip and DM.

Eh it doesn't matter, you don't have to answer. Off topic anyway.
Okay, in a vaccum, without any consideration for Don, Tip, and Doan I'd prefer QC to Seattle as a destination. There are several reasons. One is that I don't feel that Seattle is a better market than Phoenix. The team might do better there because they won't have to deal with the painfully horrible timing we had to contend with at every turn, but to me, trading Phoenix for Seattle just seems like a big, fat, ugly waste. With QC, there is no doubt that it is an underserved market. Long term, I think Phoenix makes a ton of sense. However, I can at least understand the short term appeal of a place like QC for the league. I guess, because it would make more logical sense to me, I'd be slightly less pissed off. Just slightly, mind you. Secondly, and purely for selfish reasons, it is appealing to have my team in the eastern time zone (QC) rather than the pacific time zone (Seattle) because the games will already be in the can by the time I get home from work. DVR will have the whole thing waiting for me. Those are a couple of reasons. One emotiaonal and irrational, the other practical and selfish.

There are more reasons that will require more text to explain, but I'm not sure you care enough to read that novel. Haha.

Glendale is my top choice, and that's all that matters.

01-30-2013, 05:11 PM
goyotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
More mind games as we apporach the dealine. No sale completed at the deadline pretty much means GJ doesn't have the money to buy the team as far as I'm concerned.
I am interested as to what effect there will be on attendance going forward if GJ misses the deadline. Should be interesting to see how tickets sell. Will the NHL play up the "farewell tour" thing, or will fans just stay away more then ever.

I have STs, but if the team truly is leaving, I will attend games I care about, but I will not be invested in this team for the rest of the year.

Heck, I might just start watching the Blackhawks on center ice over televised away Coyote games.

Having said that, I still think GJ gets this done. If I had to guess, we are in the 11th hour and GJ and his group are working out the final details with the NHL and their lenders. You have to think the NHL is being pressured to lower the actual price substantially, and true to form, the NHL will go to the brink with GJ.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:47 PM
letsgoavs1921

I think it's pretty clear this won't get done by tomorrow. Roc and Manuch went from reporting yesterday that there was a secret BOG meeting and there would be a press conference today with Bettman and Jamison to now saying "if it doesn't get done it's not over. He can still buy the team and not play in Glendale...they could play at US Airways."

What a joke.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:49 PM
Scott MS

I personally think this goes to the final hour because there is still haggling over the price. It doesn't make sense that the team should be overpriced at $170M, but I understand the NHL wants every penny back that it has floated.

Old
01-30-2013, 06:00 PM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoavs1921 View Post
I think it's pretty clear this won't get done by tomorrow. Roc and Manuch went from reporting yesterday that there was a secret BOG meeting and there would be a press conference today with Bettman and Jamison to now saying "if it doesn't get done it's not over. He can still buy the team and not play in Glendale...they could play at US Airways."

What a joke.
These too are such ****ing clowns. I can't believe their **** gets quoted here.

Old
01-30-2013, 06:19 PM
yotesreign

Quote:

What a joke.
Hell, they could probably outdraw the lowly Suns at AWA lol... still Sarver would have to offer them a much better deal than Colangelo ever did and I doubt he'd be willing to do that lol

Old
01-30-2013, 06:29 PM
seasontixholder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MS View Post
I personally think this goes to the final hour because there is still haggling over the price. It doesn't make sense that the team should be overpriced at $170M, but I understand the NHL wants every penny back that it has floated.
I don't think they would be haggling over the price. There is other markets willing to pay the asking price and a relocation fee. Got me what the hold up would be though. I also don't think the story about the San Jose investors are part of this deal. They would have had done this months ago. You don't transfer money in a few hours, especially that amount.

Old
01-30-2013, 06:54 PM
Vip
Rieder Support Team

Announcement tonight?

Quote:
Tyson Nash
‏@TysonNash
Should be a fun game tonight.Get ur butts in those seats. If not make sure to watch @FOXSPORTSAZ on the plus channel. U can thank me later
Or is he just stating that the Oilers should be a fun team to watch?

Old
01-30-2013, 07:07 PM
Sciamachy
Formerly Sceva Sct

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/88...ording-sources

Quote:
Former San Jose Sharks CEO Greg Jamison, the main suitor for the Phoenix Coyotes for the past year, cannot produce the capital needed to purchase the team from the NHL and as a result a Jan. 31 deadline to maintain a critical lease agreement with the City of Glendale will pass without a deal being completed, multiple sources have told ESPN.com.

A separate group of investors is prepared to step into the void created by Jamison's failure to produce the money he repeatedly insisted he would deliver to complete the deal, but the question is whether Glendale officials will agree to extend the lease agreement to a new group given that it was Jamison who negotiated the terms of the highly contentious lease deal....

Old
01-30-2013, 07:09 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:

What a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEL View Post
These too are such ****ing clowns. I can't believe their **** gets quoted here.
I listened to the podcast and you're both way off.

Roc was referring to a tweet sent to him by an obscure twitter account with 5 whole followers and who's name quite coincidentally would regularly appear on azcentral's discussion threads trolling anyone and everyone.

Roc NEVER agreed with what was tweeted to him. The entire conversation on air was mocking what was tweeted to him.

Roc has a long time friend who is involved with Greg Jamison. So give the man a little credit that he knows a few things going on. But he might not be in the position of telling everything he knows.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:10 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Greg Jamison is Using Kickstarter to Accept Donations to Buy the Team

(Needless to say that is a parody. I haven't even submitted it, because I don't want to get in trouble with Kickstarter. I got really ****ing bored)

Old
01-30-2013, 07:12 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

http://t.co/08uyDCCs

A fifth possible ownership group wants to kick the tires. **** **** **** **** **** when will this **** end?

Old
01-30-2013, 07:14 PM
seasontixholder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTippett View Post

A fifth possible ownership group wants to kick the tires. **** **** **** **** **** when will this **** end?

Its more punishment than the ending whatever way it goes is!

Old
01-30-2013, 07:15 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Okay, in a vaccum, without any consideration for Don, Tip, and Doan I'd prefer QC to Seattle as a destination. There are several reasons. One is that I don't feel that Seattle is a better market than Phoenix. The team might do better there because they won't have to deal with the painfully horrible timing we had to contend with at every turn, but to me, trading Phoenix for Seattle just seems like a big, fat, ugly waste. With QC, there is no doubt that it is an underserved market. Long term, I think Phoenix makes a ton of sense. However, I can at least understand the short term appeal of a place like QC for the league. I guess, because it would make more logical sense to me, I'd be slightly less pissed off. Just slightly, mind you. Secondly, and purely for selfish reasons, it is appealing to have my team in the eastern time zone (QC) rather than the pacific time zone (Seattle) because the games will already be in the can by the time I get home from work. DVR will have the whole thing waiting for me. Those are a couple of reasons. One emotiaonal and irrational, the other practical and selfish.

There are more reasons that will require more text to explain, but I'm not sure you care enough to read that novel. Haha.

Glendale is my top choice, and that's all that matters.
Seattle by a large margin is my preference.

Huge demand in British Columbia for NHL hockey. The 2 hour drive from Vancouver is not that bad (done it many times although I would use other words to describe rush hour and the traffic infrastructure in Seattle). You need to understand that most people in Vancouver/BC have never been to a NHL game. They just can't get tickets. Seattle services a huge need.

As for QC. There is a huge threat of having a separist party in power. I know there is a political board but I will just say that if Quebec separates and with their current fiscal deficit their is a real possibility that a Quebec currency would be valued at less than half of the American dollar. That's doom and gloom numbers. Keep in mind the province of Quebec has the highest tax rates in Canada and possibly North America under the current conditions. Take home pay becomes a huge issue (along with culutre and language) for attracting and retaining players. I can't understate how bad this could be for this franchise.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:22 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

Glendale will not extend the current deal to any group new or old. The current payments are to Gregs group only. Whether this rumor of someone buying them to move them to another location in the valley is true or not does not matter. No one will pay almost double the value of a team and keep it in Glendale without a value added agreement. Hockey in Glendale may be over as we know it. I just hope that this fantasy of being in another valley location is true. Hockey itself is struggling to stay in American minds, the constant moving of teams will make it harder---end rant

Old
01-30-2013, 07:26 PM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTippett View Post

Until the NHL moves or sells the team, someone will always 'kick the tires' in the hopes that both the league and city are desperate enough to get rid of it for nothing.

If these reports are true (which is my personal assumption, ESPN wouldn't publish this tonight without solid sources), I'll assume the team's gone by season end. Any sane individual should probably do the same.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:27 PM
seasontixholder

Shouldn't they have waited to tell everyone this after tonights game? Maybe the attendance will be worse knowing this? I'm just guessing.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:28 PM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasontixholder View Post
Shouldn't they have waited to tell everyone this after tonights game? Maybe the attendance will be worse knowing this? I'm just guessing.
Who's "they"? ESPN reporters? Why would they care?

Old
01-30-2013, 07:30 PM
seasontixholder

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEL View Post
Who's "they"? ESPN reporters? Why would they care?
You got that right, but it would have been classy for them to wait a little to get some extra walk up revenue for the team, even though its owned by the league.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:42 PM
knowsthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasontixholder View Post
You got that right, but it would have been classy for them to wait a little to get some extra walk up revenue for the team, even though its owned by the league.
This is completely a non issue. Reporters report when they have something to report.
They don't ask themselves if they are costing or making someone money by reporting now or tomorrrow.

The point is that all of this is about money. Jameson obviously doesn't have the money to buy the team. The NHL is bullish about not losing money on the purchase price. Glendale wants to keep the Coyotes, but needs money too and needs to stop the bleeding.

Unless someone with deep pockets and lots of patience comes along, something has to give.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:44 PM
seasontixholder

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsthegame View Post
This is completely a non issue. Reporters report when they have something to report.
They don't ask themselves if they are costing or making someone money by reporting now or tomorrrow.

The point is that all of this is about money. Jameson obviously doesn't have the money to buy the team. The NHL is bullish about not losing money on the purchase price. Glendale wants to keep the Coyotes, but needs money too and needs to stop the bleeding.

Unless someone with deep pockets and lots of patience comes along, something has to give.

Great post! Guess I was talking with a hockey mind not a business one.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:56 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

Well 1060am just said Gary does not want one of the investors and actually is asking for more money. They said they paperwork was turned in 3 weeks ago. NHL is now saying investors can only own so much.

So they said Greg had the money but now needs to replace the capital of one investor so he is struggling to comply.

Intersting listen from minutes ago.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:06 PM
MP

Goddamnit. It's always something else.

Closed Thread