Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Jimmy Jacobs view & insight on The Shield

Old
02-01-2013, 02:37 PM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 0
Jimmy Jacobs view & insight on The Shield

Quote:
Independent wrestling veteran Jimmy Jacobs provided detailed insight into what The Shield members Dean Ambrose (Jon Moxley) and Seth Rollins (Tyler Black) bring to the table for WWE, both in front of the camera and behind the scenes in an exclusive interview on the PWTorch Livecast this week.

Jacobs noted one of the most unique things about Ambrose is how he commands respect in the locker room, even if it means breaking the pecking order.

"He had this unique thing about him," Jacobs told PWTorch columnists Pat McNeill and Sean Radican on the January 30 Livecast. "Even though I had been around a lot longer than him, he never treated me like - he never took a back-seat to me. In that, he commanded respect, which is a unique trait to have backstage.

"Most guys who are younger that come up and work with me let me do whatever I want; give me the lead. But, Moxie never gave me the lead. (ROH manager) Truth Martini and I have a saying that 'things that you get you hired are the things that get you fired.' So, in WWE, I don't know how he's treating those guys, but that's the sort of thing that could piss someone off or command respect, like it did with me. He commanded respect and I gave it to him. He's a tremendous performer and tremendous talent. He's going to be a millionaire before he's 30."
PWTorch

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/W...le_68309.shtml

Last edited by Habsfan18: 02-03-2013 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Can't post full articles
M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 04:20 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

vCash: 500
Speaking of PW Torch, Dustin Rhodes will be the guest on the LiveCast tonight at 5:30. DDP was a guest a little while ago as well, and a few ex-members of the WWE creative team have been guests as of late also. Good stuff.

I'm a VIP member, mainly for all the vintage newsletters/audio shows, and I'd say it's definitely worth the $10 a month. Hell, I just got finished listening to a Paul Heyman interview from 1993 not long after he was fired from his position in WCW.

Wade Keller is no Dave Meltzer, as he really won't break any news, but there's no denying he's been one of the best wrestling analysts in the business for over 20 years.