HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Notable Scalebacks as a THANK YOU for fans

Old
01-29-2013, 03:50 PM
ChocolateLeclaire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
Well yeah, I get tickets to a game I already paid for tickets to go to.....The Leafs refunded those tickets.
Did you actually contact your ticket agent and voice your concerns? Whenever I've had an issue with anything, I've found my agent to personally handle the situation great.

For example, if I was dissatisfied with not getting a free game, he would probably refund me the cost of one game. Or give me a gift card for the Sens store in the same amount.

Shocking that whining on a Sens board gets you nothing...

ChocolateLeclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:51 PM
Mercurial
#lalala

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkling View Post
The concessions at SBP are pretty disappointing in general. The Golden Palace Egg Rolls are good but other things I've had have been pretty mediocre, so I'm learning to avoid them. That and traffic getting out of the parking lots are my biggest complaints, compared to other NHL arenas I've been to. As a place to go watch hockey, it's pretty nice otherwise.
It's worse on non-NHL events. Hardly anything is open. Pretty much on those days you're down to pizza or crazy salty pretzels. I'm no health freak, but seriously there is just nothing even half decent.

Mercurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 04:03 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFanDan View Post
I found their poutine...disquieting to be honest. Of course, we went on the All-Star Game Friday, where there was a film of wet rainy snow that gave our national capital a sobering resemblance to M-S-OW, and the nearby Parliamentary Buildings only amplified the feeling. The inside of Smokey's was insipid and not a little scary, with some dude in an apron and bad music, very little heating and no tablecloths to be seen.

Better poutine is to be found at the various chip stands, especially one run by a delightful Mexican fellow at the corner of Bank and Gladstone area. The chips are crisp, the gravy piping hot and you can't go wrong with the ice cold Orange Crush.

Avoid New York Fries as well. If New York served those kinds of fries there would have been a riot ages ago.
You call them chips?!

I know understand you so much better!

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 05:31 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post
Seriously, I get not being completely satisfied with what the business organization that is the Senators have to offer but do some people realize the market we are in? Ottawa isn't Toronto, Montreal or Winnipeg with its millions of diehard supporters on wait lists to buy tickets. We're not Calgary or Edmonton with years of franchise success to fall back on. We're not Vancouver with its higher average income bracket.
Do you just spew garbage without thinking first?

Winnipeg has millions of diehard supporters? Winnipeg doesn't even have a million people! It's less than 2/3 the size of Ottawa.

Calgary or Edmonton have years of franchise success to fall back on? Not since Ottawa entered the league. Outside of a single improbable Cup finals run for both for each they've done NOTHING in the past 20 years.

Ottawa has significantly higher income levels than Vancouver. In fact, Ottawa has the higher median income levels in Canada.

WilderPegasus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 06:36 PM
gbl1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by stigs17 View Post
Just a few I've noticed as a 200 level season ticket holder:
-$1 increase for general parking ($11 to $12); the free parking in selected lots for opening night will be more than offset after a few games; pure profit thereafter
-no more score mags on entry anymore. In obvious cost-cutting, the Sens have scaled back from 8/year to 3 last year anyway; now a similar offering for $3/game
-best meal was 212 Deli roast beef, which was $10.50 opening night last year and increased to $11.50 for the All-Star game and held after; this year, it was removed from menu altogether for a cheaper $12.00 meatball sub (15% increase for an inferior product...thanks for coming back, O-town stooges)
-for those who read economic reports, inflation in Canada was 0.8-2.0% in 2012 depending on sources; for the Sens it starts at 15%

Discuss.
Quit your belly aching and "discuss" how to put an NHL team in Ottawa when everyone wants everything for free. Terribly sorry your sandwhich is another buck, even sorrier when the team is gone because people like you want to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs. Do everyone a favor - buy Metro packs, watch from home and/or in general stay away.

You should check the following benefits that are provided to season ticket holders in Ottawa which makes this the easy value winner in NHL Canada:

- Guaranteed seats guaranteed schedule at a discount and the cheapest ticket available (Sorry you are not able to buy Metro Packs in prime season seat locations)
- Guaranteed/Discounted access to Playoffs
- Discounted access to parking
- Most comprehensive benefits program in NHL
- Bonus game as thank-you/welcome back
- Events for you to meet team members

Having lived in a good deal of cities both in Canada and US, I can tell you that this is as good as it gets. I have shared ticket packages in Ottawa and elsewhere I know what is out in the market. The reality is, if you don't want to support it, it will go away. You can't have your beloved cake and eat it too. In Ottawa in particular, no one is making a gazillion dollars when you spend $50+ to put a team on the ice (and not even come close to cap spending).

Your mentality is destroying small city sports - go away before you infect everyone else

gbl1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 07:04 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

1) all prices at SBP are set by Aramark, not the Senators. Aramark bid for the concessions contract: they are the ones who approve every restaurant that goes in, and set the prices. They consult with the Senators, but at the end of the day, if they want to raise the prices, it's on them.

2) Agree with the Score magazine being gone: what a ridiculous waste of paper. Broke my heart leaving the arena and seeing 5,000 completely unused mags just lying on the floor, going to a landfill. Such an unnecessary waste of both money and actual physical resources.

3) All the best food has always been on the 100 level. 212 grille was never anything great (not bad, though). Head down to the 100's for the best fare. The best food was when they brought in the sandwiches from the other arenas (they had "signature" sandwiches from Verizon Center (WAS), Console Energy Center (PIT), Wells Fargo (PHI), and another one I can't remember at the moment. They even had chefs from those arenas fly into Ottawa to serve them. It was pretty neat, and the sandwiches were pretty delish.

4) are people really spending like $150-300 to go see a game, and complaining about something like a $0.50 increase in the price of a sandwich?

5) anyone complaining about an extra dollar here or there forget that the Sens DECREASED the price of like 5000 seats last year. When most other teams are increasing prices across the board, the Sens offered HUGE discounts on seasons tickets BEFORE the lockout happened. It wasn't even like an "apology" deal: Sens fans were getting a break on seasons tickets lockout-or-not.

End of the day: We're spoiled in Ottawa by having one of the cheapest tickets in the league already, complaining about things is still the #1 civic past time here, and people need to realize they sound like entitled @$$#*!&'s in this city far more often than they probably realize.

Last edited by BonkTastic: 01-29-2013 at 07:12 PM.
BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 07:09 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
It's worse on non-NHL events. Hardly anything is open. Pretty much on those days you're down to pizza or crazy salty pretzels. I'm no health freak, but seriously there is just nothing even half decent.
It's based on attendance. If they're only expecting 5000 people for an event, they only open about a third of the concessions (1/3 capacity, 1/3 concessions.)

Pro tip: if you ever buy 200-300 level tickets to a concert/event, and you notice that not everything is open on the 200-level, head down to the 100-level. Most of the stuff in the 100-level concourse is open, they always close the 200-level stuff first.

Pro tip 2: regardless of how well an event is attended, Bert's is almost always open. If you want something hot but you're attending a concert that is poorly attended (like, 2500 guests or less), Bert's is usually a good safe bet for some hot food in the arena.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:19 PM
kilroy

You're complaining about a dollar!? If that's what breaks your budget, how are you able to go to the game in the first place!?

stigs17 reminds me of the Game Winning Goal troll.

Here's who I'm talking about:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=520279

Stupid thread is stupid.

kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 03:15 PM
stigs17

Wow, an intelligent, dead-on post gets vehemently attacked by non-STH. Cheers neophytes!

The roast beef in 111 and 212 was easily the best menu item at SBP, and was intentionally deleted, but how many of the whiners and freeloaders on here who never pay VIP prices would know?

Nice to see all non-buyer jersey experts attack another spot-on assessment of the Sens store from someone with experience and nothing to gain. Keep getting ripped off and arguing on forums in your spare time when the information has been provided free of charge by experts!

Wonder why all the best posters leave these forums, or at best leave tidbits for the ill-informed masses...

stigs17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 03:24 PM
SilverSeven

To further add to this, there are even more scalebacks for next year. Previously included things now cost points, and the price for many things has gone way up.

This year a $20 food voucher was 250 points, next year its 750 points for $25.

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 03:43 PM
BK201

Quote:
Wow, an intelligent, dead-on post gets vehemently attacked by non-STH. Cheers neophytes!

The roast beef in 111 and 212 was easily the best menu item at SBP, and was intentionally deleted, but how many of the whiners and freeloaders on here who never pay VIP prices would know?

Nice to see all non-buyer jersey experts attack another spot-on assessment of the Sens store from someone with experience and nothing to gain. Keep getting ripped off and arguing on forums in your spare time when the information has been provided free of charge by experts!

Wonder why all the best posters leave these forums, or at best leave tidbits for the ill-informed masses...
Did you keep your ticket package? Just curious. I ended up keeping mine. I don't eat thier a lot though never tried the roast beef.

And don't take these things so personal. Of you say anything negative or positive about anything someone on the Internet will argue you.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
Quote:

Please expanded on the bolded part

Would have been happier if they had unintentionally deleted it?

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 03:55 PM
ChocolateLeclaire

Quote:

So...you're an expert now?

I already showed you that you were wrong about the jersey promotion. But you decided to plug your ears, close your eyes and bump this thread acting like some kind of martyr.

For the record, I have a half-season. I find the perks a bonus over getting to watch a hockey team at below Canadian-market prices. I don't feel entitled that I have to complain about everything. Maybe, instead of wasting your time "arguing on forums", you can try some well-placed letters to the Sens' customer service departments.

ChocolateLeclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Inkling
Proud to be a Mammal

Quote:
Yes, the concessions at SBP are pretty mediocre. You can be a fan and support the team but that doesn't mean you have to just sit there and take it when you go to other arena and stadiums and see what's possible. Hopefully they can either get rid of Aramark or get them to up their offering. Getting the Golden Palace Egg Rolls was a positive step, but they can do a lot more.

Inkling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:33 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Where'd this thread-bump come from?

Old
03-06-2013, 07:49 PM
BK201

The OP wanted to come back and complain about everyone who didn't agree with him.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 08:25 AM
Upgrayedd

Lol at those defending the price raises that do not work for the team!

Upgrayedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Smash88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrayedd View Post
LOL, I thought the same thing...

Smash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:01 AM
The Lehner
#LehnerTime

I think we're very fortunate to have the Senators playing in Ottawa and I gladly renewed by season tickets for 2013-14. I've been a STH for over 10 years so I'm happy to no longer have to pay for parking directly.

If the price for season tickets is too steep, don't renew - simple as that. For me - the entertainment value and the value of having the Senators in Ottawa far outweighs the current cost for my tickets.

The Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:34 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrayedd View Post
I'm not defending the team, so much as I think some fans just lose track of the fact that we're BY FAR the cheapest ticket in town already.

Average Canadian NHL Ticket Prices:

Toronto: $123.77
Winnipeg: $98.27
Montreal: $88.67
Edmonton: $70.13
Calgary: $68.38
Vancouver: $68.18
-------
Ottawa: $55.51

Let's paint a picture here: let's pretend the Sens charged the same as Vancouver charges - $68.18 on average. Let's say that based on that $68.18 average ticket price, Melnyk offered a "we're sorry" apology discount for the lockout and cut every single season ticket by 15%, which is a HUGE percentage to cut out of your revenue stream.

$68.18 - 15% = $57.95/ ticket.
The price we get as Sens fans right now is better than that.

So what I'm saying is people have the right to complain about whatever they want, but they should also realize just how lucky we are already. The Sens charge so much less for tickets that even without a discount, we're still by far the cheapest NHL ticket in Canada. By far.

It's silly to think that some people might be happier if the Sens HAD ALREADY been charging them almost $70/ticket, and then got a discount this year. Optics say that discounts are good, why aren't we getting one, right?

Compared to the rest of the teams in Canada, we've already been getting that discount... for the past 10 years. AND we continue to pay well over 15% less than the next least expensive ticket in the country.

I'm just saying, keep the big picture in perspective. That's all.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:45 AM
Smash88

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
I'm not defending the team, so much as I think some fans just lose track of the fact that we're BY FAR the cheapest ticket in town already.

Average Canadian NHL Ticket Prices:

Toronto: $123.77
Winnipeg: $98.27
Montreal: $88.67
Edmonton: $70.13
Calgary: $68.38
Vancouver: $68.18
-------
Ottawa: $55.51

Let's paint a picture here: let's pretend the Sens charged the same as Vancouver charges - $68.18 on average. Let's say that based on that $68.18 average ticket price, Melnyk offered a "we're sorry" apology discount for the lockout and cut every single season ticket by 15%, which is a HUGE percentage to cut out of your revenue stream.

$68.18 - 15% = $57.95/ ticket.
The price we get as Sens fans right now is better than that.

So what I'm saying is people have the right to complain about whatever they want, but they should also realize just how lucky we are already. The Sens charge so much less for tickets that even without a discount, we're still by far the cheapest NHL ticket in Canada. By far.

It's silly to think that some people might be happier if the Sens HAD ALREADY been charging them almost $70/ticket, and then got a discount this year. Optics say that discounts are good, why aren't we getting one, right?

Compared to the rest of the teams in Canada, we've already been getting that discount... for the past 10 years. AND we continue to pay well over 15% less than the next least expensive ticket in the country.

I'm just saying, keep the big picture in perspective. That's all.
No doubt we have it better than the others, it was just comical the way some people are going out of their way to defend price increases.. It just seemed that they were getting a cut or something..

Smash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Upgrayedd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash88 View Post
No doubt we have it better than the others, it was just comical the way some people are going out of their way to defend price increases.. It just seemed that they were getting a cut or something..
Thought the same thing! Don't get me wrong i enjoy a good argument/debate but this is beyond silly...

Upgrayedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:49 AM
2CHAINZ
@EverythingPawg

vCash: 177
Quote:
Just a few I've noticed as a 200 level season ticket holder:
-$1 increase for general parking ($11 to $12); the free parking in selected lots for opening night will be more than offset after a few games; pure profit thereafter
-no more score mags on entry anymore. In obvious cost-cutting, the Sens have scaled back from 8/year to 3 last year anyway; now a similar offering for $3/game
-best meal was 212 Deli roast beef, which was $10.50 opening night last year and increased to $11.50 for the All-Star game and held after; this year, it was removed from menu altogether for a cheaper $12.00 meatball sub (15% increase for an inferior product...thanks for coming back, O-town stooges)
-for those who read economic reports, inflation in Canada was 0.8-2.0% in 2012 depending on sources; for the Sens it starts at 15%

Discuss.

2CHAINZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:57 AM
mikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patizzie View Post
Now I just feel bad for the T-Rex..

mikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:19 AM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

Sneak in a mickey, buy the largest coke, and pour to your hearts content.

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote