HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Glen Sather looking for his replacement

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2005, 12:24 PM
NYFAN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
As far as I am concerned, ANYONE but Jackass running the show is a good thing.
Not neccessarily so TB. For all his faults, the minor league system is in much better shape than it has been in quite a while, and he has gotten us a smorgasbord of draft picks. I think he is as arrogant as they come, and I blame him for alot of stupid moves, Malakhov, and Poti, as well as Holikrapicantbeliveigot9milaseason come to mind.

Old
03-09-2005, 12:26 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
Your gut feeling, or displeasure with their picks?
Bit of both. Maloney has been a GM. And I just see the Rangers farm system as greatly flawed. It's better than it has been but with all the trades the Rangers made, combined with the fact that they actually had picks, it had to be just on sheer numbers.

Old
03-09-2005, 01:38 PM
Tawnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
and why the hell would we want gretzky running this hockey team? when has he ever shown he knows wtf he's doing in running a hockey team?

phoenix?? hello???

just cuz he was a great player doesn't mean he can do no wrong...
Team Canada in the World Cup?

Though I think in that case there's something to be said for being able to do well without really having to try.

Old
03-09-2005, 01:42 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Gretzky has his former agent Michael Barnett running the day to day operations in Phoenix so why would he take that position in New York?

Old
03-09-2005, 02:09 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Sorry. But stay the Sam Hill outta New York
Hey...I been to NY. I like it there....although the tolls are a big pain in da ass.

And I hear that Kevin Lowe is going to resign from the Oil if the CBA isn't to his liking....maybe Slats will bring him in?

Muhhhaahahaa.... :lol

Old
03-09-2005, 02:41 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYFAN
Not neccessarily so TB. For all his faults, the minor league system is in much better shape than it has been in quite a while, and he has gotten us a smorgasbord of draft picks. I think he is as arrogant as they come, and I blame him for alot of stupid moves, Malakhov, and Poti, as well as Holikrapicantbeliveigot9milaseason come to mind.

but Sather made some good deals in signing Simon and dealing Ciger to Bolts for Barnaby was a great move. With some bad they are some good. Now he is doing alot better. Getting younger and getting alot of good prospects.

Old
03-09-2005, 03:15 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
but Sather made some good deals in signing Simon and dealing Ciger to Bolts for Barnaby was a great move. With some bad they are some good. Now he is doing alot better. Getting younger and getting alot of good prospects.
He's got a lot of prospects. Whether the're good prospects remains to be seen.

Old
03-09-2005, 03:57 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
He's got a lot of prospects. Whether the're good prospects remains to be seen.
Exactly. Most of these prospects seem to be 3rd & 4th liners. We are woefully low on high-end prospects (i.e...those who will be top 2 liners).

Old
03-09-2005, 04:59 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Exactly. Most of these prospects seem to be 3rd & 4th liners. We are woefully low on high-end prospects (i.e...those who will be top 2 liners).
That is a large reason that I'm not thrilled with the thought of Maloney and Renney running the show.

Old
03-09-2005, 05:05 PM
Barnaby

I do kinda like Brian Burke. He's brought in some great young talent back in the day in Naslund and Bertuzzi. He also keep them consistently competative despite the fact he hasn't gotten the money to goout and get the complimentary players he needs. I also like the Bure deal getting Jovo. I liked his move up for the Sedins as well. The scouting wasn't quite where it shoulda been, but he still went out, and made the deal happen withot giving up too much. I like a GM that will make a move he believes in rather then being too afraid to pull the trigger on a big move. With that said he has failed to get a playoff caliber goalie, and strengthen some other spots. I don't know whether or not he'd be my top option, but I could certainly live with him.

Old
03-09-2005, 05:51 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
At this point, I just want to see Dolan GONE..

Other than that, Anders Hedberg sound like a great idea, but I don't think anything gets truly fixed until the the head boil is lanced..

I was reading a few days ago that Cablevision is under SEC investigation. I am going to church everyday and asking the big fella to help prove Cablevision's accountants went to the same school as Enron. I also hope the family feud spins completely out of control and the team and arena are sold.

Old
03-09-2005, 06:54 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Despite rumours surrounding Wayne Gretzky's future with the Phoenix Coyotes, sources told Sportsnet Wednesday the Great One isn't going anywhere.

While Gretzky's partnership agreement with the Coyotes expires June 1, preliminary discussions to extend his deal have already started.

"Wayne's intention is to negotiate a long-term (five years) deal with Phoenix in an effort to finish what he's started," a source close to Gretzky and the Coyotes said. "Gretz and his family have built a house in the area and his plan is to see this thing through and he, like many others believe the worst is behind the Phoenix Coyotes

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...09_184300_5708

Old
03-10-2005, 08:03 AM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Probably nothing to read into, but on TSN.ca if you go to the video page and play the latest "2 for Instigating" between Healy and Burke, Glen puts Brian on the spot about the rumors about him and the Ranger's GM job. Burke replies "we'll have to see". He also could've just been blowing it off cause it was time for the next topic, but it could at least lead to some more speculation.

Old
03-10-2005, 08:37 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fan
Probably nothing to read into, but on TSN.ca if you go to the video page and play the latest "2 for Instigating" between Healy and Burke, Glen puts Brian on the spot about the rumors about him and the Ranger's GM job. Burke replies "we'll have to see". He also could've just been blowing it off cause it was time for the next topic, but it could at least lead to some more speculation.
Brian Burke's grown up kids live in Boston.He has spent the majority of his career on the east coast.Burke's agent business was based in Boston.He worked in the NHL office in New York.Was the GM in Hartford.Outside of his two stints with the Canucks,Burke is an east coast guy

Closed Thread