HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[MTL] P.K. Subban re-signed (2 years, $2.875M per)

Old
01-28-2013, 07:51 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
This is a kid who is talented beyond years, he could get paid out big time.

If he accepted 3.75m, the same people in this thread would say he is STILL underpaid.

For his family, that "extra" money could buy a ton of things for them. (which he can buy still I am sure, but still)
Somebody start a donation fund for Subban's family please. They need the extra money.

I'll chip in $2 million

Pierre Dagenais is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:52 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Yep, entirely plausible - good on him if he does. However, if he was willing to hold out once. One has to imagine twice wouldn't phase him.
And in 2 years when the habs are a cup contender he may take less to improve the teams chances of winning a cup. A lot can happen in 2 years!

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:55 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Somebody start a donation fund for Subban's family please. They need the extra money.

I'll chip in $2 million
They have two more nhl players in the pipeline. We should not worry about the Subbans.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:56 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
And in 2 years when the habs are a cup contender he may take less to improve the teams chances of winning a cup. A lot can happen in 2 years!
Again, entirely plausible. Hooray, optimism! I am merely debating the alternative side. In any case, I'm happy this is over for the time being.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:56 PM
Roboholic

Although I feel this is a bit of an underpayment and he may resent the Habs in the short term, I don't think it would stop him from signing long term.

If he plays well in the next year an half they'll back up the truck on the next one. Time and money heals all.

Roboholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:58 PM
Seth Rollins
Mr Money In The Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Don't you mean "if"?

Seth Rollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:58 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Again, entirely plausible. Hooray, optimism! I am merely debating the alternative side. In any case, I'm happy this is over for the time being.
Well sure there is a flipside. He could get hit by a bus or arrested for murder. Or he could break Gretzky's scoring record and demand a zillion dollars. But we get to watch him play his heart out for a new contract!

Old
01-28-2013, 08:02 PM
ClasslessGuy

he will get his money and long term contract in 2 years and we all know it... Don't understand why some posters are saying Subban will get bergevin in two years...

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:05 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

vCash: 29943
Congrats to Montreal and Subban. Been a good past couple of days for y'all.

I breezed thru the majority of this thread. Some of the comments perplexed me. Some are calling PK stupid for signing for such a low value. What would the people that say that if he signed for excessive cash? This is signing I think should make every hockey fan happy. He agreed to a reasonable dollar and term. Maybe the fallout from this lockout is actually going to change the way owners, GMs and players conduct business. Quite frankly PK Subban just became a millionaire playing a game he loves for a franchise he enjoys. Yeah PK is a moron.

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:06 PM
IDuck

good for the habs and good for subban...i gain a lot of respect for him in that this show's its not about the money and he just wants to get back on the ice with HIS team...also think every other GM in the leauge owe's MTL a thank you for that deal

IDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Frank Drebin

vCash: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
he will get his money and long term contract in 2 years and we all know it... Don't understand why some posters are saying Subban will get bergevin in two years...
sour grapes, thats why

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FanHabtic

Quote:
If he earns it then i would be happy to see him get the big contract!

Old
01-28-2013, 08:08 PM
IDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe Syn View Post
Congrats to Montreal and Subban. Been a good past couple of days for y'all.

I breezed thru the majority of this thread. Some of the comments perplexed me. Some are calling PK stupid for signing for such a low value. What would the people that say that if he signed for excessive cash? This is signing I think should make every hockey fan happy. He agreed to a reasonable dollar and term. Maybe the fallout from this lockout is actually going to change the way owners, GMs and players conduct business. Quite frankly PK Subban just became a millionaire playing a game he loves for a franchise he enjoys. Yeah PK is a moron.
i agree 100% and hope that is the case

IDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:08 PM
Canadiens Ghost
Mr. Objectivity

Bergevin is da man! Finally a smart and financially responsible GM. The Habs seem to be in good hands with him. Subban will get his big payday in two years after having proved his worth. He knows it and Bergevin knows it and he will plan the team budget accordingly and gladly accomodate Subban when the time comes. The haters can keep on hating but Subban will be a Hab well beyond the next two years.

The Habs are headed in the right direction. Good job Bergevin, you are starting to make me a believer.

Canadiens Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:09 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Most are Canadiens (Subban fanboy versions) fans.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:10 PM
Tiger Svoboda

It looks better for PK than I first tough. The first year at 2M is half done already. The big chunk of the contract is next year at 3.75M. He will cash 4.75M total real money.

This is better for him than a 3M-3M 2 years contract where he would have cash out less at the end.

I though he was deserving a bit more overall though.

Tiger Svoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:11 PM
SteenMachine

Damn he's pretty much the best contract for value on the dollar on the team now, good for the Habs GM to not get pressured into overpaying for a future the guy can only promise to deliver.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:13 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Ok now lets look at the other side of your point, say Subban signed for 5 years at 5m, in 5 years Subban will be a UFA at 28, and says to the Habs, no thanks to a contract ext, and walks for free.

With this deal, in 2 years Habs can sign Subban to a long term deal if he says no, and only wants a deal to take him to being a UFA, and that point they could trade him for major assets, or they go for arbitration for 2 years, and Subban walks as a UFA in 4 years. Mtl controls Subban for 4 more years no matter what, this allows the, to talk about a contracts ext in just two year when he is still an RFA

Last edited by habs03: 01-28-2013 at 08:18 PM.
habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:22 PM
nitz

vCash: 543
3.75 for next year is a really fair number. Most I'd give him is 4.

nitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:24 PM
ericd

Sit Emelin or Bouillon for Subban

ericd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:25 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericd View Post
Sit Emelin or Bouillon for Subban
Not even close.

Kaberle/Weber

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:25 PM
zytz
lumberjack

So have they released the reason for the holdout?

I've got $50 on 'Uh, speaking French is hard.'

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:26 PM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Ok now lets look at the other side of your point, say Subban signed for 5 years at 5m, in 5 years Subban will be a UFA at 28, and says to the Habs, no thanks to a contract ext, and walks for free.

With this deal, in 2 years Habs can sign Subban to a long term deal if he says no, and only wants a deal to take him to being a UFA, and that point they could trade him for major assets, or they go for arbitration for 2 years, and Subban walks as a UFA in 4 years. Mtl controls Subban for 4 more years no matter what, this allows the, to talk about a contracts ext in just two year when he is still an RFA
Why wouldn't he sign the max amount of years next year? He'll get money and term if he's earned it. If he doesn't then at the time, if he's playing hardball and not signed by the deadline the last year of his contract, they'll trade him for assets. Why risk pulling a "Weber"?

David_99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:28 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Why wouldn't he sign the max amount of years next year? He'll get money and term if he's earned it. If he doesn't then at the time, if he's playing hardball and not signed by the deadline the last year of his contract, they'll trade him for assets. Why risk pulling a "Weber"?
That is what I was trying to say...

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:29 PM
theboss*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
I've got $50 on 'Uh, speaking French is hard.'
Weak

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote