HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Derick Brassard

Old
01-28-2013, 06:45 PM
Norm MacDonald

vCash: 500
Derick Brassard

What would it take to trade for Brassard? He never really lived up to expectations with the Jackets, who have other guys rising up the ranks to take his spot. Maybe it's time for another team to try him out to see if he can thrive in another environment.

As a Flyers fan, I was wondering what it would take to bring him over. He's friends with Giroux, so maybe that could help with the transition.

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:01 PM
cslebn

Not sure what the flyers would want him for given their current set of forwards

But, I suppose you could try something around Cousins or Laughton and a pick. Ideally, we'd want to get some offense back (non head case) and preferably with size.

Brass's value is kind of a mystery because some cbj fans hate him (see the group that created the bust thread) others suspect he's better than that or the expectations were too high.

Me, I think he could thrive in the right role. I'm scared he ends up on det and tears us up there.

cslebn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:53 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslebn View Post
Not sure what the flyers would want him for given their current set of forwards

But, I suppose you could try something around Cousins or Laughton and a pick. Ideally, we'd want to get some offense back (non head case) and preferably with size.

Brass's value is kind of a mystery because some cbj fans hate him (see the group that created the bust thread) others suspect he's better than that or the expectations were too high.

Me, I think he could thrive in the right role. I'm scared he ends up on det and tears us up there.
If you were Holmgren and I were Howson, I'd be making a deal right now that involved Laughton.

I'm convinced that, had he fallen down the draft board, Columbus would have taken the Kings' 2012 first-rounder and grabbed him.

Mayor Bee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:05 PM
Ujjy

A couple times I watched him I thought he was fine, guess those games were just outliers

Ujjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:08 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 50
What's wrong with him? Is he just not scoring? Not looking good? Poor defensively? Would he be a solid #3C, or is he a top-6 or bust type? Brassard's one of those few players that I just know almost nothing about.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:12 PM
TSA0402

Good playmaker, not great defensively, a bit soft. Don't like him as a bottom six player.

He has a decent wrist shot, I'm not sure if he has yet realized he is allowed to use it.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:16 PM
Crede777
Deputized

He doesn't fit outside of the top-6. He's been trying to be a little more physical, but he isn't hard to separate from the puck.

He has a good shot, good passing, and can do face-offs. He's not very big, though, and is average speed-wise. Has trouble gaining the zone.

Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:27 PM
OLUSAF

Who were his linemates the past few season? What type of players has he looked good centering?

OLUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:53 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Were I the Jackets, I'd look to try and acquire Brayden Schenn, or as Mayor Bee mentioned, Scott Laughton.

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote