HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prudential center

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-29-2013, 06:54 AM
  #1
Tavaresfan91
Registered User
 
Tavaresfan91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,605
vCash: 500
Prudential center

Hey guys I'm thinking about going to the game Thursday because they got some cheap tickets. Has anyone sat in the 200's because I found seats 229 (center ice) row 2. There $29 you guys think it's a good seat or should I spend a little more to go to 100's I also asked on devils board so I'm hoping for some input. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Tavaresfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:43 AM
  #2
Strummergas
Registered User
 
Strummergas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresfan91 View Post
Hey guys I'm thinking about going to the game Thursday because they got some cheap tickets. Has anyone sat in the 200's because I found seats 229 (center ice) row 2. There $29 you guys think it's a good seat or should I spend a little more to go to 100's I also asked on devils board so I'm hoping for some input. Any help would be appreciated thanks
I've been there twice and I'm thinking about going on Thursday as well, but I've never sat in the 200's. For $29/ticket, I say just go and see what it's like. If it's no good, sit somewhere else next time.

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:47 AM
  #3
Tavaresfan91
Registered User
 
Tavaresfan91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummergas View Post
I've been there twice and I'm thinking about going on Thursday as well, but I've never sat in the 200's. For $29/ticket, I say just go and see what it's like. If it's no good, sit somewhere else next time.
How's the parking is it easy to find?

Tavaresfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:54 AM
  #4
Strummergas
Registered User
 
Strummergas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresfan91 View Post
How's the parking is it easy to find?
That I couldn't speak to. I took NJ Transit both times I was there. I would imagine that there are garages nearby though.

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:58 AM
  #5
Bexlyspeed
Registered User
 
Bexlyspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Astoria, Queens, N.Y
Country: United States
Posts: 1,114
vCash: 500
the 200's are WAAAAAAYYY up, you can see though you will enjoy the game but it seems that the 200s at the rock are twice as far away as the 300s in the coliseum, except its like your are stright up!. i will be there as well. and ive been there many times. the path or NJ Transit is the way to go. i dont thinkk there is anywhere you would want to leave your car except in a lot.

Bexlyspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:08 AM
  #6
Tavaresfan91
Registered User
 
Tavaresfan91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,605
vCash: 500
I just got the 200 seat it's on the red line and it was cheap. Hope it's not too bad and I'm hoping there's a lot near the arena to park

Tavaresfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:15 AM
  #7
Fantom
Registered User
 
Fantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresfan91 View Post
I just got the 200 seat it's on the red line and it was cheap. Hope it's not too bad and I'm hoping there's a lot near the arena to park
I been too a few games there. I never took the train. there are Quite a few parking lots. I think it was 20$ to park for the game.
I did sit in the 200 level once and the seat was decent. The best game experience i have ever had at a game was a isles devils game at the rock sitting in the fire/ice seating area free food great seats. i would love to do that again. The food was even real food.Lamb chops etc

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:26 AM
  #8
MTK
Registered User
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: West Islip
Country: Iceland
Posts: 2,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresfan91 View Post
Hey guys I'm thinking about going to the game Thursday because they got some cheap tickets. Has anyone sat in the 200's because I found seats 229 (center ice) row 2. There $29 you guys think it's a good seat or should I spend a little more to go to 100's I also asked on devils board so I'm hoping for some input. Any help would be appreciated thanks
I have sat in the 200's for 2 playoffs games. They are high up and steep.

MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:23 AM
  #9
Mustang2750
Registered User
 
Mustang2750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,288
vCash: 500
The low 200s at the Rock are the best seats in the arena to see everything. Been there about 5 or 6 times always sit low to mid 200s.

Mustang2750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:10 PM
  #10
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!
 
Twine Seeking Missle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Suck-town
Country: United States
Posts: 7,892
vCash: 500
Been there a bunch of times. The 200's are definitely up there but personally I like to see the game from that kind of view. As for driving/parking, I only did that once. There is plenty of parking but I am a train guy and taking the PATH from the World Trade Center is real easy. But if you are set on driving, you won't have trouble finding a lot/garage.

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:36 PM
  #11
Trumanperro
Registered User
 
Trumanperro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Trumanperro
Lots of places to park a block away from the arena near the bar called "hells kitchen". Even if you want to park your car in a lot it costs $5 as opposed to the $30 for parking in front of the arena which is probably 500ft away. Take the train if you can.

Trumanperro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:40 PM
  #12
Original Rob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 268
vCash: 500
The Rock is so deceiving - you buy 200-level tickets and think you've got great seats until you realize you're the in last row of the building. The 200 level is frighteningly steep and the seats very narrow. But for $29 what the heck. I just hope Barclays isn't quite as steep as the Rock.

Original Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:58 PM
  #13
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!
 
Twine Seeking Missle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Suck-town
Country: United States
Posts: 7,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Rob View Post
The Rock is so deceiving - you buy 200-level tickets and think you've got great seats until you realize you're the in last row of the building. The 200 level is frighteningly steep and the seats very narrow. But for $29 what the heck. I just hope Barclays isn't quite as steep as the Rock.
It's even steeper. But doesn't seem quite as high which is a good thing. Last row at Prudential Center the players look like ants.

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:17 PM
  #14
Trumanperro
Registered User
 
Trumanperro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Trumanperro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle View Post
It's even steeper. But doesn't seem quite as high which is a good thing. Last row at Prudential Center the players look like ants.
Nothings like the NVMC...

Trumanperro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:04 PM
  #15
Queensdevil
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 459
vCash: 500
I sit in the last few rows of the 200's pretty much every game. I think it's a great view. It's very steep but a great view. Your seats row 2 center ice are very good especially for that price.

Queensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:28 PM
  #16
Tavaresfan91
Registered User
 
Tavaresfan91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queensdevil View Post
I sit in the last few rows of the 200's pretty much every game. I think it's a great view. It's very steep but a great view. Your seats row 2 center ice are very good especially for that price.
Nice! Thanks for the input

Tavaresfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:35 PM
  #17
MartysBetterThanYou
Registered User
 
MartysBetterThanYou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 522
vCash: 500
Devils fan here coming in peace. The 200s, while steep, are quite close to the ice and still provide adequate views in my opinion, certainly better than the 300s at the Coliseum in my opinion (and that annoying obstructed view). The 100s are worth the extra cost if they are center ice. You are really close because of the way the Rock is constructed and it creates a more electric atmosphere. The end-side 100s have a worse view for watching the game than the 200s.

As far as parking goes, it exists in decent quantities at private lots right across the street from the arena, but usually costs $20 a game. The team-owned garage is generally only for season-ticket holders. I suggest unless traveling in a large group to take NJ Transit or PATH. NJ Transit is easy if you are transferring from the LIRR (same station). PATH is dirt-cheap and a great option if coming from the city. Both stop at Newark Penn Station about 3 blocks from the arena. Taking public transportation allows you to get hammered safely before/at/after the game as well if that is your thing...

I had a great time on Jan. 19th at the Coliseum for the opener. You Islanders fans are a cheery and knowledgeable bunch. Looking forward to seeing you guys at the Rock on Thursday!

MartysBetterThanYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:50 PM
  #18
Islander102
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartysBetterThanYou View Post
Devils fan here coming in peace. The 200s, while steep, are quite close to the ice and still provide adequate views in my opinion, certainly better than the 300s at the Coliseum in my opinion (and that annoying obstructed view). The 100s are worth the extra cost if they are center ice. You are really close because of the way the Rock is constructed and it creates a more electric atmosphere. The end-side 100s have a worse view for watching the game than the 200s.

As far as parking goes, it exists in decent quantities at private lots right across the street from the arena, but usually costs $20 a game. The team-owned garage is generally only for season-ticket holders. I suggest unless traveling in a large group to take NJ Transit or PATH. NJ Transit is easy if you are transferring from the LIRR (same station). PATH is dirt-cheap and a great option if coming from the city. Both stop at Newark Penn Station about 3 blocks from the arena. Taking public transportation allows you to get hammered safely before/at/after the game as well if that is your thing...

I had a great time on Jan. 19th at the Coliseum for the opener. You Islanders fans are a cheery and knowledgeable bunch. Looking forward to seeing you guys at the Rock on Thursday!
The 200's are literally some of the highest seats in the NHL, if not the highest. You are wayy freaking up there. The only place the 200's offers a better view than the 300s at the NVMC is the last 3 rows or so under the overhang. The view from the 300's rows A-N, is like watching the game from the suites at the Rock.

For those wondering, Barclays doesn't go up nearly as high, but is even steeper.

Anyway, I don't mind the height, you can see the entire rink very easily. It's just really really high. Players look like ants. Game moves slower. But not a bad view. As the Marty'sBetter just said there are plenty of worse seats at the NVMC up under the overhang.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:57 PM
  #19
Trumanperro
Registered User
 
Trumanperro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Trumanperro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartysBetterThanYou View Post
Devils fan here coming in peace. The 200s, while steep, are quite close to the ice and still provide adequate views in my opinion, certainly better than the 300s at the Coliseum in my opinion (and that annoying obstructed view). The 100s are worth the extra cost if they are center ice. You are really close because of the way the Rock is constructed and it creates a more electric atmosphere. The end-side 100s have a worse view for watching the game than the 200s.

As far as parking goes, it exists in decent quantities at private lots right across the street from the arena, but usually costs $20 a game. The team-owned garage is generally only for season-ticket holders. I suggest unless traveling in a large group to take NJ Transit or PATH. NJ Transit is easy if you are transferring from the LIRR (same station). PATH is dirt-cheap and a great option if coming from the city. Both stop at Newark Penn Station about 3 blocks from the arena. Taking public transportation allows you to get hammered safely before/at/after the game as well if that is your thing...

I had a great time on Jan. 19th at the Coliseum for the opener. You Islanders fans are a cheery and knowledgeable bunch. Looking forward to seeing you guys at the Rock on Thursday!


Devils fans are usually great too!

Trumanperro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:14 AM
  #20
Toujin
Registered User
 
Toujin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Osaka, Japan
Country: Japan
Posts: 250
vCash: 500
I'll be there for my first visit to The Rock, taking my lady to her very first Islanders game! I got seats in section 116 and they look to be pretty sweet!

See y'all there!

Toujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:26 AM
  #21
LotteryForLife*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresfan91 View Post
Hey guys I'm thinking about going to the game Thursday because they got some cheap tickets. Has anyone sat in the 200's because I found seats 229 (center ice) row 2. There $29 you guys think it's a good seat or should I spend a little more to go to 100's I also asked on devils board so I'm hoping for some input. Any help would be appreciated thanks
The 200s are bad seats. They're very high up because they sit on top of the luxury boxes. I would never go back unless I sat in the lower bowl

LotteryForLife* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:02 AM
  #22
MartysBetterThanYou
Registered User
 
MartysBetterThanYou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 522
vCash: 500
This is more of a reputation deserved in the 90s than it is now. The area around the arena is perfectly safe for parking a car, considering the amount of pedestrians coupled with a strong police presence during games. Do whatever suits you/your group best, but I personally prefer taking mass transit in principle if it is reasonably convenient to where you are coming from.


Last edited by Homeland Security: 01-30-2013 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Deleted QP
MartysBetterThanYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:31 AM
  #23
Tavaresfan91
Registered User
 
Tavaresfan91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,605
vCash: 500
How hard is it too find parking by the arena? Are there alot of lots?

Tavaresfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:40 AM
  #24
xdl1
Registered User
 
xdl1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresfan91 View Post
How hard is it too find parking by the arena? Are there alot of lots?
There are a half dozen lots between the arena and train station, and they range from $10-30. $30 puts you at the arena doorstep, and the lots around the train station (5-6 blocks away) are mostly $10 or less.

As far as tickets, you'll only want to upgrade from 200 > 100 if the 100 seats are also on the side tiers (not balconies behind the net). As others have said, the center 100's are the best view in the arena outside of executive suites.

xdl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:43 AM
  #25
Tavaresfan91
Registered User
 
Tavaresfan91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,605
vCash: 500
I'm taking the train from ronkonkama....the prudential center train station is newark penn station correct?

Tavaresfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.