HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs hockey: 10 minutes of actual work.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-29-2013, 12:31 AM
  #151
BrickAHL
Not actually a brick
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,315
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
I thought the one problem we didn't have was character issues but ffs we even have that and we're further from competing than I thought. The effort level for the whole game is just never there.

I had faith that this mgmt knew what it was doing outside Sacco but they're all pretty clueless and have no plan. This is depressing. My 2nd favourite team is the Leafs and they suck but I kept thinking that at least the Avs will get back to contention but now the Leafs are lookin better to me.
Don't be silly.

BrickAHL is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:31 AM
  #152
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,467
vCash: 500
That was pathetic.

What the hell is their obsession with Hunwick? He got the most PP time and he was only behind EJ for SH ice time. That should NEVER happen. Sacco and whoever is in charge of special teams are complete morons. Hunwick on the top PP unit? Duchene at the point on the PP where he is awful? EJ not on the ice at all? WTF?

I've been saying all along that O'Brien should be in the line-up. Oh boy. He was a disaster all game long. His first game of the season but I was wrong on that one.

Never been a big fan of Wilson and once again he did nothing to change my mind. His effort on the empty net goal just summed up his night perfectly. At least try to get back and prevent the goal. I know he's nothing more than a third pairing defenseman and he's being asked to do too much but a little bit of effort there would be nice.

People will still defend him and make excuses but what another pathetic performance by Stastny. Complete no show once again. He is actually the 22nd highest paid forward in the league and 13th highest paid center. Sure all he did was just accept the idiotic contract FG gave him but he hasn't even come close to living up to it and when you're getting paid like that, you better produce. I'd rather give O'Reilly $6.6M/yr because at least when he's not scoring, he's doing a lot of other things to help the team. Stastny is doing NOTHING to help the team right now.

Avs_19 is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:32 AM
  #153
NothingLikeAnEJ
Jimmies: Rustled
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAvsFan View Post
My question is why was Hunwick being used on the PP1 over EJ?

Also, Mitchell is a decent 4th liner, nothing else.
I don't think I've ever seen EJ hit the net with a point shot. Always hits the first mans shin pads.

NothingLikeAnEJ is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:32 AM
  #154
The Mars Volchenkov
Everbeast
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 46,569
vCash: 127
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
I want to see Sgarbossa. People can say he isn't ready for the NHL, but the way he's producing in the AHL and the way this team isn't producing at the NHL level, they need a serious influx of skill, especially with the injuries. Give him a shot.

Malone appears to work hard and is good defensively, but doesn't look like he's got a ton of skill.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:32 AM
  #155
Huis Clos*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ballarado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
What happened to the line of Mcginn-Stastny-Jones everyone was raving about last year?

At this point I think you have to put Landy with Stastny, I doubt it will help but you have to try something. Everyone will continue to blame Paul's linemates tho.
In 10 combined games how many points do Jones and McGinn have combined? Two?

Huis Clos* is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:32 AM
  #156
BrickAHL
Not actually a brick
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,315
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
That was pathetic.

What the hell is their obsession with Hunwick? He got the most PP time and he was only behind EJ for SH ice time. That should NEVER happen. Sacco and whoever is in charge of special teams are complete morons. Hunwick on the top PP unit? Duchene at the point on the PP where he is awful? EJ not on the ice at all? WTF?

I've been saying all along that O'Brien should be in the line-up. Oh boy. He was a disaster all game long. His first game of the season but I was wrong on that one.

Never been a big fan of Wilson and once again he did nothing to change my mind. His effort on the empty net goal just summed up his night perfectly. At least try to get back and prevent the goal. I know he's nothing more than a third pairing defenseman and he's being asked to do too much but a little bit of effort there would be nice.

People will still defend him and make excuses but what another pathetic performance by Stastny. Complete no show once again. He is actually the 22nd highest paid forward in the league and 13th highest paid center. Sure all he did was just accept the idiotic contract FG gave him but he hasn't even come close to living up to it and when you're getting paid like that, you better produce. I'd rather give O'Reilly $6.6M/yr because at least when he's not scoring, he's doing a lot of other things to help the team. Stastny is doing NOTHING to help the team right now.
I thought Hunny was pretty good.


BrickAHL is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:33 AM
  #157
Duchene2MacKinnon
RIP SvatosTheGreat
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,468
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitri View Post
However trading Stastny or not trading him will not solve this team problems. We have 1 too many bad contracts with 5 no. 6 dmen. This team also needs better coaching and management. Something all of have cried for years.

Until that changes its just going to be the same management with a different face i.e. promotion from within, preaching change. Rinse wash and repeat.

I'll still follow this team to the end but good god its like a relationship with a hot girl that went fat and ugly and am still hoping it goes back to being the hot girl.
That's more or less describing how Stastny's career has gone.

I say trade Stastny for a defender, sign ROR fire Sacco snd we'll be sitting pretty.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:34 AM
  #158
Nalens Oga
HeavenOrLasVegas
 
Nalens Oga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,694
vCash: 3434
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
- PAP is a ****** player. I know he scored a goal so everyone will say he played well but the guy is **** and he was holding down Duchene. He is a playmaker but he couldn't make a pass the whole game. I'm not happy with this signing.
I was afraid of this. I paid attention to the Isles the past couple seasons and I wasn't sure what their fans meant when they called PAP a hockey ****** but I soon understood. He has some good tools like NHL speed and passing ability but he makes two bad plays for every decent one. If you want your team to be a contender then this is not the type of player you use on your first line and maybe not even your top 6 even if he can put up 50 or 60 pts.

Nalens Oga is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:35 AM
  #159
Christian Litscher
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingLikeAnEJ View Post
I don't think I've ever seen EJ hit the net with a point shot. Always hits the first mans shin pads.
It is a problem, but at least with him we can set up in the zone.

Christian Litscher is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:36 AM
  #160
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured
 
Muffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
I was afraid of this. I paid attention to the Isles the past couple seasons and I wasn't sure what their fans meant when they called PAP a hockey ****** but I soon understood. He has some good tools like NHL speed and passing ability but he makes two bad plays for every decent one. If you want your team to be a contender then this is not the type of player you use on your first line and maybe not even your top 6 even if he can put up 50 or 60 pts.
Parenteau played fine. He has good vision. You know who's played like **** this season so far? Paul Casper Stastny. He looks so slow and weak.

Muffin is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:37 AM
  #161
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 8,796
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
That was pathetic.

What the hell is their obsession with Hunwick? He got the most PP time and he was only behind EJ for SH ice time. That should NEVER happen. Sacco and whoever is in charge of special teams are complete morons. Hunwick on the top PP unit? Duchene at the point on the PP where he is awful? EJ not on the ice at all? WTF?

I've been saying all along that O'Brien should be in the line-up. Oh boy. He was a disaster all game long. His first game of the season but I was wrong on that one.

Never been a big fan of Wilson and once again he did nothing to change my mind. His effort on the empty net goal just summed up his night perfectly. At least try to get back and prevent the goal. I know he's nothing more than a third pairing defenseman and he's being asked to do too much but a little bit of effort there would be nice.

People will still defend him and make excuses but what another pathetic performance by Stastny. Complete no show once again. He is actually the 22nd highest paid forward in the league and 13th highest paid center. Sure all he did was just accept the idiotic contract FG gave him but he hasn't even come close to living up to it and when you're getting paid like that, you better produce. I'd rather give O'Reilly $6.6M/yr because at least when he's not scoring, he's doing a lot of other things to help the team. Stastny is doing NOTHING to help the team right now.
Sadly, Stastny is looking like a contract player (IE Theodore).

S E P H is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:37 AM
  #162
Zandar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentblack View Post
Im ok with that in this throwaway season
Get Seth if we can
put Barrie or Elliot in a package deal down the road.
Right now they need Barrie and his ability to pass and handle the puck not to mention his skating. As nice as it might be to draft Seth, they could really use a top forward. Too many complementary forwards and not enough skill. Really could use a game breaker.

Zandar is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:38 AM
  #163
BrickAHL
Not actually a brick
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,315
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
Parenteau played fine. He has good vision. You know who's played like **** this season so far? Paul Casper Stastny. He looks so slow and weak.
Stastny has played better than PAP. Yeah PAP has 3 goals but the guy struggles to make a pass.

BrickAHL is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:40 AM
  #164
Draiskull
Registered User
 
Draiskull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 18,082
vCash: 700
Crossing over to your board for a minute..

My observation:
Duchene was the best player today for either side.. The guy loves Rexall ice.
Varmalov was rock solid all night keeping the Avs in the game.
Statsny was invisible.. was expecting a lot bigger contribution.
Great fight at ES all night.. clearly the better team despite offense depletion..
Special teams in the end was the difference..

Draiskull is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:40 AM
  #165
Duchene2MacKinnon
RIP SvatosTheGreat
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,468
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Stastny has played better than PAP. Yeah PAP has 3 goals but the guy struggles to make a pass.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:41 AM
  #166
Christian Litscher
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,031
vCash: 500
Hopefully Barrie gets back into the lineup.

Christian Litscher is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:41 AM
  #167
BrickAHL
Not actually a brick
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,315
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
PAP struggles to do anything. The guy is bad and is holding down Duchene. At least Stastny can make a pass and doesn't constantly turn the puck over.

BrickAHL is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:41 AM
  #168
Nalens Oga
HeavenOrLasVegas
 
Nalens Oga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,694
vCash: 3434
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Stastny has played better than PAP. Yeah PAP has 3 goals but the guy struggles to make a pass.
PAP struggles to receive passes as well if anyone noticed. He's not a $4 M player.

But I won't say that he's been worst than Stastny.

The only solace I take is that Stastny's a centreman and he might be making a hard to notice on TV contribution in terms of the defensive game.

Nalens Oga is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:41 AM
  #169
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Amen to that. PAP has been fine Bricky, who is this Statsney fellow your'e talking about anyways?

Rhaego is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:42 AM
  #170
Colorado Sports Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,659
vCash: 500
Maybe I'll get an answer here since nobody answered in the Stastny thread.

If Stastny is such a bad player, why would anyone give us the top pairing defensemen we need for him. It's easy to say "well trade him for a Defensemen" but you guys wouldn't take just any defensemen would you?

And don't give me this "well any defensemen is better than what Stastny is giving us" because it's not true. If we traded Stastny for another 5-6 defensemen you guys would be all over the guy if he didn't produce and then get on Shermans back for making a bad trade.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:43 AM
  #171
Landeslog
Registered User
 
Landeslog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 4,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Crossing over to your board for a minute..

My observation:
Duchene was the best player today for either side.. The guy loves Rexall ice.
Varmalov was rock solid all night keeping the Avs in the game.
Statsny was invisible.. was expecting a lot bigger contribution.
Great fight at ES all night.. clearly the better team despite offense depletion..
Special teams in the end was the difference..
You're too kind

Landeslog is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:44 AM
  #172
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 8,796
vCash: 50
To me PAP has been surprisingly decent.

S E P H is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:44 AM
  #173
Freudian
Clearly deranged
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 39,400
vCash: 50
I think Barrie should get a shot. Sure he makes some defensive mistakes, but at least he can gain the blue line and pass the puck. He is much more skilled than most of our defenders.

Freudian is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:45 AM
  #174
BrickAHL
Not actually a brick
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,315
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I think Barrie should get a shot. Sure he makes some defensive mistakes, but at least he can gain the blue line and pass the puck. He is much more skilled than most of our defenders.
He has to be better than Shane O'Brien.

BrickAHL is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:45 AM
  #175
bohlmeister
#Sadalanche
 
bohlmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
Maybe I'll get an answer here since nobody answered in the Stastny thread.

If Stastny is such a bad player, why would anyone give us the top pairing defensemen we need for him. It's easy to say "well trade him for a Defensemen" but you guys wouldn't take just any defensemen would you?

And don't give me this "well any defensemen is better than what Stastny is giving us" because it's not true. If we traded Stastny for another 5-6 defensemen you guys would be all over the guy if he didn't produce and then get on Shermans back for making a bad trade.
I would try and get a guy like Sekera for him. He would be tough to move because of that bloated contract and the cap going down next season.

bohlmeister is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.