HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Khohklachev the last piece to the puzzle?

Old
01-28-2013, 11:00 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

vCash: 500

Is he the guy to fit that last spot on the third line? I'm not sure on the eligibility requirements, but He's a young, fast, talented and incredibly skilled offensive player. Playing with Kelly and Pevs would be an awesome third line to see. I know he plays C but Pevs and Kelly have been known to adjust. Not to mention he can be moved into a bunch of combinations as see fit.

I know, jumping the gun a bit. I was just so pumped when they drafted this kid that I'm excited to see what he could do at the NHL level. Don't get me wrong, it may not be that easy and Caron's the obvious choice if Bourque doesn't pan out.

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:10 AM
McBrom7
FIRE IT UP!!

IMO. Yes. Koko impressed me immensely since the first time I saw him. Especially at the World Juniors. He skates so smoothly and has a good set of hands, which would blend perfectly with third liners like Pevs and Kelly. I think those guys could be a second line on a good amount of other teams. The only problem is, is that like you said, Koko is a center. Since he's left handed I think he cold try Left wing and see how it goes. Center too left wing is, debatably, easier than left wing too center. Center has a lot more defensive responsibilities than a winger.

More over, he could have a little more skill and could be put on a scoring line. A guy like Caron is perfect for a third line, even though he has struggled lately.

So, say he does get third line time. My line is:

Koko - Kelley - Peverley

As far as Bourque goes, I've been defending him since he's been rumored to get the third line spot. But he needs too start producing real quick or that third line is going too get shaken up and Pevs and Kelley are A LOT more established than he is. He's slipping as far as it goes with me defending him. Yet, we're winning (Knock Knock) and you don't fix something that ain't broke.

Just my $0.02

McBrom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:36 AM
bruinsfan46

Unfortunately he can't play in Boston this year at all I believe. Once Windsor is eliminated he can only go to Windsor IIRC. Not sure he's quite ready to be producing in the NHL right now anyway. Love him as a prospect though.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:48 AM
bizman

I have a feeling Spooner will solve the 3rd line problem. Caron just isn't consistent enough even when he's healthy. Koko is David Krecji light, he'll be a nice addition in the future.

bizman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:18 AM
nfld77

Caron can't even light it up in the AHL, 8 points in 32 games..Tardiff has 20 goals in 38 games and has never played an NHL game. Pevs was a late bloomer, maybe he is too..He's more than doubled any other player on the Baby B's.

Spooner, I'd love to see how he would do, gotta do as well as Bourque. What I dont get is: Bourque is a career ONE goal scorer yet he's on the powerplay while players on our top 2 lines are sitting on the bench while our PP is poverty??? I would love to see Bourque pan out in Boston but he isnt producing and neither is the 3rd line. Pevs is a point producer and Kelly had 20 goals last season yet the 3rd line dont have a point.

my nickel {Dont make pennies in Canada anymore}

nfld77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:20 AM
TheSeguinEra2010*

All regards to Chris Bourque but he is absolutely nothing close to the player his father was.

TheSeguinEra2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:29 AM
Ratty

Who ever said he was?

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 06:13 AM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OduyaLaichBoyes View Post
IMO. Yes. Koko impressed me immensely since the first time I saw him. Especially at the World Juniors. He skates so smoothly and has a good set of hands, which would blend perfectly with third liners like Pevs and Kelly. I think those guys could be a second line on a good amount of other teams. The only problem is, is that like you said, Koko is a center. Since he's left handed I think he cold try Left wing and see how it goes. Center too left wing is, debatably, easier than left wing too center. Center has a lot more defensive responsibilities than a winger.

More over, he could have a little more skill and could be put on a scoring line. A guy like Caron is perfect for a third line, even though he has struggled lately.

So, say he does get third line time. My line is:

Koko - Kelley - Peverley

Khokhlachev also plays the wing. From Kirk's current B's prospect rankings (Koko is #4):

Projection: Top-six NHL scoring forward with 30-plus goal upside who can play center or wing.

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/blog/ki...p_10_Prospects

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 06:15 AM
Shaun
best poster alive

i think he's going to score a lot of goals if he plays with the matrix

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 06:56 AM
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizman View Post
I have a feeling Spooner will solve the 3rd line problem. Caron just isn't consistent enough even when he's healthy. Koko is David Krecji light, he'll be a nice addition in the future.
I would say that Koko is more of a sniper than Krejci....he is capable of making plays like DK, but he has more finish than DK does.

The Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 06:59 AM
Braunbaer
also a giraffe

Thing is ... CJ doesn't have the worst opinion with regard to Bourque and his play. I don't see him get rid off him any time soon.

Braunbaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 07:01 AM
flannelman
merde!

vCash: 195
Solution for this year or long term?

Long term, sure, I see the potential. When I've seen him, I've enjoyed watching him play.

This year? I don't see the 3rd line solution coming from within the organization.

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 07:08 AM
TCDaniels
Legen... Wait for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeguinEra2010 View Post
All regards to Chris Bourque but he is absolutely nothing close to the player his father was.
Huh?!? LOL!!

You could make the argument that his father was the 2nd best defenseman in NHL history... So uhhh... Yeah. Chris isn't anything close to the player his father was. But in his defence... that's like saying I'm not anything close to the artist that Rembrandt was...

TCDaniels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:26 AM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCDaniels View Post
Huh?!? LOL!!

You could make the argument that his father was the 2nd best defenseman in NHL history... So uhhh... Yeah. Chris isn't anything close to the player his father was. But in his defence... that's like saying I'm not anything close to the artist that Rembrandt was...
I can't wait for the day when his #48 is hanging in those rafters right next to his father's #77!!!

11MilesPerJohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:41 AM
Spooner st

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg4167 View Post
I can't wait for the day when his #48 is hanging in those rafters right next to his father's #77!!!
They are retired... Orr and Neely. Only theres Aubrey V. Clapper and Phil Esposito in between.

Spooner st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:53 AM
KrejciMVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special K View Post
I would say that Koko is more of a sniper than Krejci....he is capable of making plays like DK, but he has more finish than DK does.
??? cmon man

KrejciMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:56 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrejciMVP View Post
??? cmon man
Krejci has been the best player to date; saw him at practice Sunday and he looked sleeker- think he may have changed his workouts or something because he was flying

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:57 AM
PlayMakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
No.

He'll need time to develop like everybody else (just look at his line from the pro league in Russia), but he's certainly got a bright future.

I actually find it hard to project guys like Spooner and Koko into future lineups. I'm big fans of both and talent usually finds a way, but I'd think Jared Knight or even Anthony Camara would be better fits for that 3LW spot. Krejci is signed for 3 more years. Bergeron will be re-signed. Lucic, Marchand and Seguin are locks. Horton's a RW and both of those guys are C/LW's (not that it's impossible to play your off-wing). I also think going from Horty to one of them would be a big change in style. Colt's head might explode if we get any smaller.

PlayMakers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:29 AM
KrejciMVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Krejci has been the best player to date; saw him at practice Sunday and he looked sleeker- think he may have changed his workouts or something because he was flying
Definitely, that Hamilton to Krejci goal last night was a thing of beauty. He is making some great passes out there as well

KrejciMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:21 AM
bostonphoenix

Borque makes half a million dollars. What do you expect from him?

We're 5 games in. In willing to at least give him another 5 before I start jumping the boat.

Koko did miserably in the khl and they brought him back to Canada to have better oversight on him. Does not sound like he's ready.

Caron 8/32. That's dreadful.

Isn't knight injured?

I kind of want to see carter camper and torey Krug but that's not happening either.

I hope that Borque succeeds. He's on a nice contract and at the moment there isn't anyone that screams to me is a BETTER solution.

bostonphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:27 AM
VanIsle

I more than anyone wanted Chris Bourque to flourish in Boston, but as times goes by I can see that he is a career AHL guy.

38 games - 1 goal - 3 assists.

Sad thing to say, but I don't think he will be around all year and as soon as Caron is back, I bet he is in the line-up barring a miracle from Bourque.

Funny thing, it is his birthday today.

VanIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:32 AM
William Faulkner
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeguinEra2010 View Post

Be careful that limb you are way out on doesn't break!

I don't think he looks bad but I do think we will see someone else in his spot in a month or so. He's not going to be in the playoffs unless there are a few injuries, IMO.

01-29-2013, 11:34 AM
McBrom7
FIRE IT UP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
Khokhlachev also plays the wing. From Kirk's current B's prospect rankings (Koko is #4):

Projection: Top-six NHL scoring forward with 30-plus goal upside who can play center or wing.

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/blog/ki...p_10_Prospects
Well there you go. Problem solved.

I'd put Koko on the wing because I'd feel more comfortable with Kelley or Pevs taking the draws simply because we know they can win them. However, having three guys that can take a draw, on a third line especially, is huge.

McBrom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:34 AM
RussellmaniaKW

Bourque actually looked awesome last night and the 3rd line was buzzing. I just think it took a few games for them to develop some chemistry. I have no problem with Caron getting some games in as well. I think people are getting too hung up on his AHL numbers during the lockout. He was a best in the playoffs last year and I think he's an NHLer.

RussellmaniaKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:49 AM
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

Koko long term is going to be a fantastic fit though we don't know where that necessarily will be in this line up. It's not going to be this season and you need to figure next is still somewhat of a long shot so it's hard to predict where this line up will be come the time he has a chance to break it.

Short term, expect Caron to take over for Chris once he's healthy. The team needs to add size to the line up and on that line, needs to be able to play the cycle and puck control game in the offensive end. Also expect Caron to be pushed more to get back on the PK and provide more options.

Dwatson783 is offline   Reply With Quote