Old
01-30-2013, 06:58 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
Liverpool/Arsenal game illustrated why both clubs are on outside looking of CL football.
Bingo. Both sides don't have a hope in hell this season, perhaps next. Us because we're too inexperienced to close matches like these off, them because their defense is a mess. Spurs will run away with the 4th spot as the season continues, and it's not because they're great, but they are far more consistent in sealing off results and their side is more balanced.

Arsenal, well every time we went forward against them we looked like scoring. Us, we need a defensive midfielder in the worst way. I don't think Lucas will ever be back to the same player and he was overrun repeatedly all match. Enrique should have been put on sooner and Wisdom should have been removed. He has done well against the bottom sides but looked overawed today and away to Everton.

Wanyama (this is one signing we absolutely MUST make) and a CB should be the absolute priority this summer. Probably will have to sell Skrtel to raise funds, no problem with that.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 07:42 AM
nyranger61494
YNWA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Bingo. Both sides don't have a hope in hell this season, perhaps next. Us because we're too inexperienced to close matches like these off, them because their defense is a mess. Spurs will run away with the 4th spot as the season continues, and it's not because they're great, but they are far more consistent in sealing off results and their side is more balanced.

Arsenal, well every time we went forward against them we looked like scoring. Us, we need a defensive midfielder in the worst way. I don't think Lucas will ever be back to the same player and he was overrun repeatedly all match. Enrique should have been put on sooner and Wisdom should have been removed. He has done well against the bottom sides but looked overawed today and away to Everton.

Wanyama (this is one signing we absolutely MUST make) and a CB should be the absolute priority this summer. Probably will have to sell Skrtel to raise funds, no problem with that.
I am not so sure Spurs runs away with it. They have deeper side than Everton and others competing for the 4th spot. I do think they will finish in 4th though.

I thought Lucas was really poor in the match and was not influential at all. I think he needs more time to recover from injury but there is certainly a risk he never returns to his previous form and based on that alone, we should look at add a quality cover like you say. The fact Skrtel was left out of the match is pretty damning in my eyes. As I have said before, he is more reliable health-wise than Agger, but Agger is the better player (although he was at fault for the 1st goal) and better fit in Rodgers' system. Liverpool really need TWO CB's in the summer in order to guard against Agger injury and develop a true rotation. Kelly has the skill set to play there but he has injury woes of his own.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:00 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa View Post
GOD DAMNIT WENGER.

There was actually rumors this morning that Jenkinson, who I'd rather have in there than that goat wearing a Sagna jersey - that we were actually going to send Jenk out on LOAN. Talk about f-ed up priorities.

Now we have to watch that fat Brazilian toad run around like a chicken with his head cut-off. Not to mention Vermaelen totally sucks now, I'm not sure why people still get the idea he is somehow the strong point of our defense. And of course to top it off we have no steel in the midfield.

What a spineless, disorganized mess of a team. It's the team that Wenger wants and thinks is "good enough" for **** knows what.
Vermaelen is playing like crap cause he's the only one on the backline that actually knows what he's doing, wich has him all over the place, covering for bums like Mertesacker and Santos. Sagna is just having a rough time as well but he'll bounce back, he's too good to be this bad for a extended period of time.

Santos is... well, beyond mediocre. I would like to see Coquelin, Koscielny, Squillaci... yes, I did say Squillaci, over Santos.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:39 PM
Hesher
down on the upside

vCash: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
United was hanging on for dear life but pulled it out
That 2nd half was simply awful.

Hesher is offline   Reply With Quote