HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Is Alain Vigneault the worst coach in the NHL right now?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-29-2013, 12:33 AM
  #1
MTechnik
vroommm
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,940
vCash: 105
Is Alain Vigneault the worst coach in the NHL right now?

He's clueless most of the time and still have a job because of the Sedins, Schneider and Luongo.

MTechnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:35 AM
  #2
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march
 
PensBandwagonerNo272's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,348
vCash: 450
There's no chemistry in Vancouver anymore.

It's self-imposed and not necessarily Vigneault's fault.

PensBandwagonerNo272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:35 AM
  #3
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,075
vCash: 500
Sacco and Oates are worse

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:37 AM
  #4
mrquincy27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 194
vCash: 500
Yes no doubt

mrquincy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:37 AM
  #5
TheDoubleDion87
Rookie User
 
TheDoubleDion87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Truculence Nation
Country: Canada
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
The hell are we supposed to accurately rate a coach?

TheDoubleDion87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:38 AM
  #6
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle
 
smackdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,118
vCash: 500
Vancouver turns on AV ritually every year.

I actually think he's a great coach.

smackdaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:38 AM
  #7
moolah3i4
Long Live The Note.
 
moolah3i4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 869
vCash: 500
How about the top 3 worst coaches this year, Sacco, Oates, Vigneault!

moolah3i4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:38 AM
  #8
Luuuongo
Crabs!
 
Luuuongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,719
vCash: 500
fire av

Luuuongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:39 AM
  #9
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,576
vCash: 145
In a league with Sacco in it the answer is no.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:40 AM
  #10
Todds Chiropractory
Registered User
 
Todds Chiropractory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 50
The Canucks are currently missing their 2nd line. Without them we aren't a top team in the league and you can't expect results similar to what we have been used to the past couple of seasons. The team will get healthy and they will improve. Can we please avoid the whole sky is falling bit for some real concerns. We are a .500 team 6 games in and that is about right with the current roster. This thread isn't made if the two shootout losses are shootout wins, and shootouts are meaningless so you can see how meaningless this thread is.

Todds Chiropractory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:40 AM
  #11
Vancouver Canucks*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CANADA , COBOURG
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuuongo View Post
fire av
this

Vancouver Canucks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:41 AM
  #12
Mama Shinkaruk
For Mom of the Year
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cascadia
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,948
vCash: 50
Canucks will be fine, they are playing like a team who are missing 2 top 6 players.

They are missing 2 top 6 players.

Nothing to see here folks.

Mama Shinkaruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:41 AM
  #13
Luuuongo
Crabs!
 
Luuuongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Vancouver turns on AV ritually every year.

I actually think he's a great coach.
His ego is too big. No one with real skill is allowed to play unless you're a Sedin. If you're not a Sedin you need to be gritty.

Defends a lead at the worst times and every time and it always screws us over.

Our powerplay blows. (not his fault though, Newell Brown)

He plays favourites. Literally.

Luuuongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:42 AM
  #14
Leidi J
Registered User
 
Leidi J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Grd Rapids, Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 3,190
vCash: 500
I don't know about strategically or in the locker room or anything like that.

My problem with him is all of his *****ing and complaining after every game. Whether it's about the other team or the refs or whatever. He's full of excuses for everything and I can't stand that in coaches in any sport.

I can't say whether this attitude then transfers to his team or rubs off. It does seem like it sometimes but I can't say that I watch the canucks more than a handful of times a year. This is just my impression from every single time the Sharks have played them.

Leidi J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:43 AM
  #15
Art of Sedinery
Registered User
 
Art of Sedinery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
Everything that has every slightly gone wrong in Vancouver in AV's fault.

I hear he told Geroy Simon to sign with the Riders.

Art of Sedinery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:44 AM
  #16
Luuuongo
Crabs!
 
Luuuongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,719
vCash: 500
Oh, and he's admitted he's not a speaker/doesn't develop close relationships with his players. By not a speaker I mean he doesn't really give speeches to motivate the players, he believes they should motivate themselves.

And found this beauty on the Canucks board:



LOL

Luuuongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:44 AM
  #17
Mama Shinkaruk
For Mom of the Year
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cascadia
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,948
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champions of Nothing View Post
Everything that has every slightly gone wrong in Vancouver in AV's fault.

I hear he told Geroy Simon to sign with the Riders.
I thought he got traded?

Mama Shinkaruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:45 AM
  #18
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle
 
smackdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuuongo View Post
His ego is too big. No one with real skill is allowed to play unless you're a Sedin. If you're not a Sedin you need to be gritty.

Defends a lead at the worst times and every time and it always screws us over.

Our powerplay blows. (not his fault though, Newell Brown)

He plays favourites. Literally.
Ok. Flip side.

AV gives the ice time to players who don't deserve it or who aren't offensive threats.

Ask any Oiler fan how much our team needs grit and would cream pants for someone like Clowe. It's not just AV who favors grit, but unless you're out there creating legitimate offense, you can't be turning **** over and playing shinny. If you can't produce then you're bringing your lunch pail into work that day. That's how it's always been for almost every coach. And AV preaches it well and consistently.

I don't buy that AV doesn't give chances or plays favorites considering he benched Luongo and plays Kassian on the top line.

smackdaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:48 AM
  #19
Luuuongo
Crabs!
 
Luuuongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Ok. Flip side.

AV gives the ice time to players who don't deserve it or who aren't offensive threats.

Ask any Oiler fan how much our team needs grit and would cream pants for someone like Clowe. It's not just AV who favors grit, but unless you're out there creating legitimate offense, you can't be turning **** over and playing shinny. If you can't produce then you're bringing your lunch pail into work that day. That's how it's always been for almost every coach. And AV preaches it well and consistently.

I don't buy that AV doesn't give chances or plays favorites considering he benched Luongo and plays Kassian on the top line.
AV is notorious for playing favourites, lol. Kassian is one of his favourites. Anyone would want a Clowe. No one wants a Lapierre or Andrew Ebbett in their top 6. Why do you think Coho was so sheltered? Dog house.

Rome was his boy toy. Don't even get me started on him. Anyone who watches the Canucks knows AV has his little man crushes, Rome was the poster boy for AV, though.

Luuuongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:48 AM
  #20
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,774
vCash: 5100
No. He's made some questionable decisions, but with the way we've been playing and our 2nd line gone, having a .500 record isn't too bad. As the season goes on I'd expect us to be much better. As soon as we figure out which pairings to run to maximize chemistry, and Kesler and Booth come back, we will start looking much more like a cup contender.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:49 AM
  #21
Mouse21*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,263
vCash: 500
people think that because no one watches the Avs lol. hilarious.

Mouse21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:49 AM
  #22
kingsholygrail
Hail HYDRA!
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 40,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
In a league with Sacco in it the answer is no.
I still can't believe this guy still has a job.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:50 AM
  #23
Todds Chiropractory
Registered User
 
Todds Chiropractory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuuongo View Post
AV is notorious for playing favourites, lol. Kassian is one of his favourites. Anyone would want a Clowe. No one wants a Lapierre or Andrew Ebbett in their top 6. Why do you think Coho was so sheltered? Dog house.

Rome was his boy toy. Don't even get me started on him. Anyone who watches the Canucks knows AV has his little man crushes, Rome was the poster boy for AV, though.
Breathe... The team is .500 without Kesler or Booth. And we are 6 games into the season.

Todds Chiropractory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:51 AM
  #24
western redmen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 620
vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckaholic19 View Post
The Canucks are currently missing their 2nd line. Without them we aren't a top team in the league and you can't expect results similar to what we have been used to the past couple of seasons. The team will get healthy and they will improve. Can we please avoid the whole sky is falling bit for some real concerns. We are a .500 team 6 games in and that is about right with the current roster. This thread isn't made if the two shootout losses are shootout wins, and shootouts are meaningless so you can see how meaningless this thread is.
Shootout is meaningless?? Ask Calgary how meaningless shootout was last year


Last edited by western redmen: 01-29-2013 at 01:15 AM.
western redmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:51 AM
  #25
nowhereman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,294
vCash: 500
Vigneault is top ten in the NHL in career wins, has two President's Trophies, a Jack Adams, a Stanley Cup Finals berth, and is the winningest coach in Canucks franchise history.

There are worse coaches.

nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.