HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Is Alain Vigneault the worst coach in the NHL right now?

Old
01-29-2013, 01:53 AM
Dudeinator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuuongo View Post
How many of those teams had legit/elite two way players? Not a gong show like the Canucks have. Kesler/Burrows are our only legit players.

Other than those two, do we have a

Kopitar? Richards? Carter? Toews? Hossa? Krejci? Bergeron?

What, are we not supposed to use a Patrick Kane in the playoffs? Whenever we get an injury to a top 6 F, Lapierre is always given a shot. WTF. We're allowed to have a Seguin or Sharp, as well.
The grass is always greener on the other side. Kesler/Burrows as the Canucks only legit players? Please.

Dudeinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:53 AM
Art of Sedinery

Quote:
How many of those teams had legit/elite two way players? Not a gong show like the Canucks have. Kesler/Burrows are our only legit players.

Other than those two, do we have a

Kopitar? Richards? Carter? Toews? Hossa? Krejci? Bergeron?

What, are we not supposed to use a Patrick Kane in the playoffs? Whenever we get an injury to a top 6 F, Lapierre is always given a shot. WTF. We're allowed to have a Seguin or Sharp, as well.
Are you comparing Grabner/Hodgson/Shirokov to Kane/Sharp/Sequin?

Those guys are elite or top line talents.

So if we don't have skill guys and we don't have 2-way guys in our top 6, what do we have? What is Booth (when healthy)? What is Higgins? Hansen?

The latter two are 3rd line guys that can play top 6 when needed, and get the chance before Lapierre who is currently playing on the 4th line if you hadn't noticed.

We might be a top 6 forward away from true contendancy, but is that AVs problem?

Art of Sedinery is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:59 AM
Luuuongo
Crabs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudeinator View Post
The grass is always greener on the other side. Kesler/Burrows as the Canucks only legit players? Please.
I'm sorry, I didn't know Higgins and Hansen should be mentioned with the likes of Patrice Bergeron, Jonathan Toews, Mike Richards and Anze Kopitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champions of Nothing View Post
Are you comparing Grabner/Hodgson/Shirokov to Kane/Sharp/Sequin?

Those guys are elite or top line talents.

So if we don't have skill guys and we don't have 2-way guys in our top 6, what do we have? What is Booth (when healthy)? What is Higgins? Hansen?

The latter two are 3rd line guys that can play top 6 when needed, and get the chance before Lapierre who is currently playing on the 4th line if you hadn't noticed.

We might be a top 6 forward away from true contendancy, but is that AVs problem?
I edited the post with a few names. We do have a Booth, but no offense his puck handling and passing suck. I want an elite traditional playmaker. Henrik doesn't count. His game is based off cycling.

Higgins and Hansen aren't legit top 6F. They are great complementary forwards.

Daniel goes down, lets promote Lapierre. How sick is that depth?

Luuuongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:01 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Is this really needed? Sure, we're frustrated but let's leave the *****ing to our own board. Not like anyone not watching the Nucks can weigh in much.
Disagree. This should be out in the open. Brings a little bit of perspective to what acting like little brats looks like.

Lonny Bohonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:03 AM
Dudeinator

Quote:
I'm sorry, I didn't know Higgins and Hansen should be mentioned with the likes of Patrice Bergeron, Jonathan Toews, Mike Richards and Anze Kopitar.
Are you honestly trying to compare the Canucks' third line players with other teams' STAR players?

All you ever do is ***** and moan about how the Canucks checking line doesn't look like another team's first line. Get a grip.

Last edited by spiny norman: 01-29-2013 at 11:18 AM. Reason: filter, please
Old
01-29-2013, 02:03 AM
Vancouver Blazers
1973-1975

Everyone's focusing on the results and not on the play.

In the Sharks game, the Canucks hit FOUR posts, and two of the Sharks' goals were early stupid mistakes that the Canucks D doesn't usually make. Lucky bounce game.

In the Kings game, Kassian twice and Raymond once could have won the game. Lucky bounces again.

Nothing is wrong with the Canucks. Their record doesn't reflect their level of play. As a Canucks fan I am not worried.

Vancouver Blazers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:07 AM
Art of Sedinery

Quote:
Non elite? Ryder, Versteeg, Penner
Michael Ryder was 9th in ice time for the Bruins in the playoffs. Less than Peverley, Kelly and Recchi. Tyler Segiun as a rookie had even less than that, was 11th in TOI in the playoffs.

Versteeg is like a Mason Raymond, and offensive player that is defensively responsible, played over a minute per game on the PK in the '10 playoffs.

Dustin Penner was 8th in ice time for the Kings last year in the playoffs.

Not making a great case for skill only guys that aren't elite playing a top 6 role.

Old
Luuuongo
Crabs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moog35 View Post
your exactly the type of "fan" that I was talking about
Why is my opinion less valid than yours? Is it because I don't agree with you? It's a free country. You're such a genius, right? Like all those guys ripping Holmgrem for signing a dud out of college like Matt Read? Hindsight is 20/20. You won't know if AV is the problem until another coach is tested out.

If I like Rachel McAdams and you think she's ugly, I'm the moron, right?

Quote:
Michael Ryder was 9th in ice time for the Bruins in the playoffs. Less than Peverley, Kelly and Recchi. Tyler Segiun as a rookie had even less than that, was 11th in TOI in the playoffs.

Versteeg is like a Mason Raymond, and offensive player that is defensively responsible, played over a minute per game on the PK in the '10 playoffs.

Dustin Penner was 8th in ice time for the Kings last year in the playoffs.

Not making a great case for skill only guys that aren't elite playing a top 6 role.
Funny... Coho was around 8th in TOI for the Canucks as well.

Versteeg is better than Raymond, though. AINEC.

Old
Lemmiwinks

This literally happens every year. What's AV supposed to do exactly? He's doing everything he can with a second line on IR. I don't understand how people think they know the inner workings of AV's coaching so well.

Lemmiwinks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:08 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
i dont think his gameplan was to just sit back, the kings just took it to them...
Havent watched the game yet but one of the things that is ridiculous about some canuck fans is they feel it some sort of god given right to win.

No respect for the other team.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:09 AM
caley

I think Vigneault is a pretty good coach, but I also think the Canucks may need to lose him in order to win the Cup like the Penguins did with Byslma (Dumped the stricter Therrien for a more player-friendly motivational coach), the Blackhawks did with Quenneville (Ditched the player-friendly Savard for a more traditional harder-nosed coach) and the Kings did with Sutter (Hiring the hardest-assed of hard-ass coaches in Sutter (As an aside did anyone else hear about Sutter's quote about Gagne? When a reported asked him if Gagne was having a tough time with his current role, Sutter said something like "He'd better get used to it or he'll have another one."). Maybe the Canucks need a more player friendly coach to take over like Dallas Eakins.

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:09 AM
Art of Sedinery

Quote:
Why is my opinion less valid than yours? Is it because I don't agree with you? It's a free country. You're such a genius, right? Like all those guys ripping Holmgrem for signing a dud out of college like Matt Read? Hindsight is 20/20. You won't know if AV is the problem until another coach is tested out.

Exactly. You are the one saying AV wouldn't give him the ice time he deserves. That is right where he belonged at the time.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:10 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:

Probably due more to your over emotional child like rants.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:13 AM
Luuuongo
Crabs!

Quote:
Exactly. You are the one saying AV wouldn't give him the ice time he deserves. That is right where he belonged at the time.
You're in denial if you think he didn't deserve more ice time at times.

You just love having a banged up Kesler come playoff time, don't cha?

Old
01-29-2013, 02:14 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
I think Vigneault is a pretty good coach, but I also think the Canucks may need to lose him in order to win the Cup like the Penguins did with Byslma (Dumped the stricter Therrien for a more player-friendly motivational coach), the Blackhawks did with Quenneville (Ditched the player-friendly Savard for a more traditional harder-nosed coach) and the Kings did with Sutter (Hiring the hardest-assed of hard-ass coaches in Sutter (As an aside did anyone else hear about Sutter's quote about Gagne? When a reported asked him if Gagne was having a tough time with his current role, Sutter said something like "He'd better get used to it or he'll have another one."). Maybe the Canucks need a more player friendly coach to take over like Dallas Eakins.
I dont understand your post. Youre talking about hardasses winning as coaches.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:15 AM
Luuuongo
Crabs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
You know what is funny? Therrien was brought under AV's wing and taught a similar system. Canned and then the Pens won the cup.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:15 AM
Lemmiwinks

Quote:

Forget Hodgson. We have Kassian now. And guess what, he's playing on the top line with the Sedins.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:16 AM
Art of Sedinery

Quote:

Ignoring my points and making assumptions about me.

I guess this officially ends our discussion.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:17 AM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Vancouver turns on AV ritually every year.

I actually think he's a great coach.
My most hated team in the NHL is the calgary flames, let's just say i don't even want AV to be their coach, its that much i despise AV.

Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:17 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmiwinks View Post
Forget Hodgson. We have Kassian now. And guess what, he's playing on the top line with the Sedins.
But but but Kassians a favorite! (Nevermind how he got to be a "favorite")

Dont bother youll just end up arguing in circles with him.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:18 AM
Luuuongo
Crabs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmiwinks View Post
Yes, I love Kassian. I do think Coho was mistreated here, though. By MG, trainers and AV.

Quote:
Ignoring my points and making assumptions about me.

I guess this officially ends our discussion.
You're the one saying Coho got the ice-time he deserved. Do you agree or not, Coho deserved more ice times on some occasions.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:20 AM
Dudeinator

Quote:
Like all those guys ripping Holmgrem for signing a dud out of college like Matt Read?
And how does "all those guys" relate to the people in this discussion exactly?

Quote:
You won't know if AV is the problem until another coach is tested out.
Yea, better to throw away a sure thing like back to back President's trophy seasons for a gamble with the assumption that we're more likely to improve than regress.

Quote:
Don't know how that's relevant.

Quote:
Why is my opinion less valid than yours?
I think that question's been answered

Old
01-29-2013, 02:22 AM
Lemmiwinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
But but but Kassians a favorite! (Nevermind how he got to be a "favorite")

Dont bother youll just end up arguing in circles with him.
Agreed. /thread

Old
01-29-2013, 02:22 AM
Luuuongo
Crabs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudeinator View Post
And how does "all those guys" relate to the people in this discussion exactly?

Yea, better to throw away a sure thing like back to back President's trophy seasons for a gamble with the assumption that we're more likely to improve than regress.

Don't know how that's relevant.

I think that question's been answered
lulz, yes because the President's Trophy is our goal. President's trophy means nothing, ask Washington or San Jose. Heck, let's not even ask them. Ask the Canucks what the PT did for them.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:23 AM
Art of Sedinery

Quote:
Yes, I love Kassian. I do think Coho was mistreated here, though. By MG, trainers and AV.

You're the one saying Coho got the ice-time he deserved. Do you agree or not, Coho deserved more ice times on some occasions.
Have you not been paying attention? Cody Hodgson did not deserve more minutes than he received at the time. He was a rookie and was not a guy to play in all situations.

This is coming from a guy who was and still is a HUGE Hodgson fan. I bought a Hodgson jersey 2 weeks before the trade, and was devastated the day it happened.

Hodgson was a rookie learning the ropes on a cup contender. He got the minutes he deserved.