HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Is Alain Vigneault the worst coach in the NHL right now?

Old
01-29-2013, 02:23 AM
Dudeinator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuuongo View Post
lulz, yes because the President's Trophy is our goal. President's trophy means nothing, ask Washington or San Jose.
And your solution is to can this coach because you assume that whatever's his replacement will make the team better instead of worse?

Yea, your argument is real solid pal.

Dudeinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:25 AM
Art of Sedinery

Quote:
lulz, yes because the President's Trophy is our goal. President's trophy means nothing, ask Washington or San Jose. Heck, let's not even ask them. Ask the Canucks what the PT did for them.
The President's trophy means so little, it's actually a point against a coach. His job is not to win as many games as possible. It's to play defensively weak rookies and bench all the grinders.

Art of Sedinery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:26 AM
Luuuongo
Crabs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champions of Nothing View Post
Have you not been paying attention? Cody Hodgson did not deserve more minutes than he received at the time. He was a rookie and was not a guy to play in all situations.

This is coming from a guy who was and still is a HUGE Hodgson fan. I bought a Hodgson jersey 2 weeks before the trade, and was devastated the day it happened.

Hodgson was a rookie learning the ropes on a cup contender. He got the minutes he deserved.
If you were such a big fan you would know there were times he looked like our best player and even prompted some trade Kesler threads. Are you saying every single game he played his minutes were justified?

Luuuongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:27 AM
MarkusNaslund19

Remember when hfboards was a place for intelligent hockey debate? Now it's of the quality of any jackass in a bar.

This post is terrible. He has won two consecutive president's trophies. Everyone here gets high and mighty about how that doesn't mean anything. Guess what, it does. It means you're a damn good coach, with a damn good team.

The Canucks had close to the fewest players playing during the lockout. Especially core players. We're also missing 2/3rds of our second line. This year is about winning our atrocious division (we will) and firing on all cylinders come playoff time. We're going to struggle for awhile. Deal with it, embrace it. Long-term fans have had to go through years of this. If you became a fan in 2011 you need to learn what it is to follow a team.

The amount of knee-jerk morons on these boards boggles my mind.

MarkusNaslund19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:27 AM
Luuuongo
Crabs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudeinator View Post
And your solution is to can this coach because you assume that whatever's his replacement will make the team better instead of worse?

Yea, your argument is real solid pal.
Do you not know how a hiring process works? You find a suitable replacement.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:29 AM
Art of Sedinery

Quote:
If you were such a big fan you would know there were times he looked like our best player and even prompted some trade Kesler threads. Are you saying every single game he played his minutes were justified?
Who said I was a "big" fan? I don't want to fire AV after 6 games and I don't want to play rookies top minutes, so obviously I'm not as big a fan as you.

Zack Kassian has been our best forward. Should he play more than the Sedins?

Old
01-29-2013, 02:31 AM
Dudeinator

Quote:
Do you not know a coach that turned a sub-par team into a playoff team for 5 out of 6 years when you see one?

Dudeinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:32 AM
Luuuongo
Crabs!

Quote:
Who said I was a "big" fan? I don't want to fire AV after 6 games and I don't want to play rookies top minutes, so obviously I'm not as big a fan as you.

Zack Kassian has been our best forward. Should he play more than the Sedins?
Quote:
This is coming from a guy who was and still is a HUGE Hodgson fan. I bought a Hodgson jersey 2 weeks before the trade, and was devastated the day it happened.
Now, I didn't say top minutes, did I? I said MORE. Jordan Schroeder minutes would have even sufficed. Give the Sedins a rest, give Kesler an easier workload. We had the luxury of doing that. If we're so keen on letting our goalie play 50-60 and resting him for the playoffs, why can't we do that for our top players?

Oh right, I forgot that we're aiming for the President's Trophy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudeinator View Post
Do you not know a coach that turned a sub-par team into a playoff team for 5 out of 6 years when you see one?
lol. have you seen our team? The only bad roster he had was the year he didn't make the playoffs.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:32 AM
Art of Sedinery

Quote:
Tell me who is a proven suitable replacement right now?

Old
01-29-2013, 02:34 AM
Art of Sedinery

Quote:
Now, I didn't say top minutes, did I? I said MORE. Jordan Schroeder minutes would have even sufficed. Give the Sedins a rest, give Kesler an easier workload. We had the luxury of doing that. If we're so keen on letting our goalie play 50-60 and resting him for the playoffs, why can't we do that for our top players?

You are kidding yourself if you don't think Schroeder's minutes are gonna go down when Kesler returns, if he even stays up with the Canucks.

Why wouldn't we be aiming for winning as many games as possible? If you are not concerned about winning as many as possible, then why the outrage after a loss like tonight?

Old
01-29-2013, 02:34 AM
Luuuongo
Crabs!

Quote:
Tell me who is a proven suitable replacement right now?
Me, AINEC.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:35 AM
Art of Sedinery

Quote:
Me, AINEC.
In short: there isn't one.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:36 AM
RobertKron

Quote:

lol. have you seen our team? The only bad roster he had was the year he didn't make the playoffs.
Yes, you are right. The team was trying to win as many games as they could. What a stupid strategy.

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:37 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusNaslund19 View Post
Remember when hfboards was a place for intelligent hockey debate? Now it's of the quality of any jackass in a bar.

This post is terrible. He has won two consecutive president's trophies. Everyone here gets high and mighty about how that doesn't mean anything. Guess what, it does. It means you're a damn good coach, with a damn good team.

The Canucks had close to the fewest players playing during the lockout. Especially core players. We're also missing 2/3rds of our second line. This year is about winning our atrocious division (we will) and firing on all cylinders come playoff time. We're going to struggle for awhile. Deal with it, embrace it. Long-term fans have had to go through years of this. If you became a fan in 2011 you need to learn what it is to follow a team.

The amount of knee-jerk morons on these boards boggles my mind.
Seems like there been an influx from CDC. Some good. A lot bad.

Lonny Bohonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Luuuongo
Crabs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW View Post
Yes, you are right. The team was trying to win as many games as they could. What a stupid strategy.
The Stanley Cup should be our #1 goal, not the President's Trophy. If that means resting players like the Sedins and Kesler and sacrificing the PT, then so be it.

Old
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Blaming the coach when the GM is giving him a bunch of crap. look who your centers are. look at your d core, a bunch of money tied up in 2nd and 3rd pair defensemen.

Gillis gets off the hook to easily in VANCOUVER

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:38 AM
Art of Sedinery

Quote:
The Stanley Cup should be our #1 goal, not the President's Trophy. If that means resting players like the Sedins and Kesler and sacrificing the PT, then so be it.
Yeah, finishing 8th and playing every game 7 on the road is the best way to do that.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:39 AM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
I don't even know what to think of AV anymore, honestly.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Luuuongo
Crabs!

Quote:
Yeah, finishing 8th and playing every game 7 on the road is the best way to do that.
I would totally take that if we got the cup. Nothing else seems to be working for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullocks View Post
Canucks just arn't very good. They get outplayed almost every game. Team is soft and when they fight they get beat up.
This is true, too. Sedins are getting worse. Kesler is always injured. Our D always sucks.

Old
bullocks

Canucks just arn't very good. They get outplayed almost every game. Team is soft and when they fight they get beat up.

bullocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:40 AM
Art of Sedinery

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Blaming the coach when the GM is giving him a bunch of crap. look who your centers are. look at your d core, a bunch of money tied up in 2nd and 3rd pair defensemen.

Gillis gets off the hook to easily in VANCOUVER
Seriously? When healthy, the Canucks have one of the most rounded teams in the league. We went to the finals with a broken down team and this edition is better in almost every way.

Again, when healthy.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:41 AM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW View Post
Who won the president trophy in 1993? Can you name it without goggling it? I know Montreal won the cup in 1993 without checking though, no one is going to care which team has won the president trophy.

Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Art of Sedinery

Quote:
I would totally take that if we got the cup. Nothing else seems to be working for us.
Well duh. But are you telling me if you had your choice of playoff positions, you'd chose 8th over 1st?

If the answer is yes, than I've wasted an hour of my life arguing with you.

Old
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Seriously? When healthy, the Canucks have one of the most rounded teams in the league. We went to the finals with a broken down team and this edition is better in almost every way.

Again, when healthy.
I think you are really overrating your talent level. obviously when kesler gets back you will be better, it just doesn't seem like a very deep team, and to much money tied up in a bunch of 3/4 defensemen

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:42 AM
Art of Sedinery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
Who won the president trophy in 1993? Can you name it without goggling it? I know Montreal won the cup in 1993 without checking though, no one is going to care which team has won the president trophy.
Does that make it a bad thing to win it?

The #1 seed in the playoffs has won the cup more often than any other team in history.