HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Is Alain Vigneault the worst coach in the NHL right now?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-29-2013, 02:58 AM
  #151
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers
 
Vancouver_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,498
vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by MW View Post
he was trying to pass the puck to Daniel!

Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:58 AM
  #152
Art of Sedinery
Registered User
 
Art of Sedinery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 8,360
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
because they are terrible at shootout, just like they are terrible in the playoffs
What? do you really.....


:


I'm going to bed.

Art of Sedinery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:59 AM
  #153
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 10,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
I think you just ignores my point, my point is PT is not something you brag on. Do you realized that the canucks is in such a weak division last year? None of the team except the canucks actually made the post-season if i remembered correctly. AV should be fired ASAP, not only is he wasting our player's opportunity to win the cup, he is ruining our prospect pool by not treating them right, fire him before it's too late!


Its not an issue of bragging or not bragging there are degrees. Like its entirely suitable to brag that you won the PT over a team that hasnt won anything etc.

But I simply dont see a lot of bragging that you are referring to.

And who cares about the division. This is entirely normal. Canucks are not the first to win because their division was weak. Same with the cup. Some teams have won the SC with an easier road to it that other winners.

Again whats your point?

Lonny Bohonos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:04 AM
  #154
BoHorvat53
Crabs!
 
BoHorvat53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,020
vCash: 500
Mr. Reputable from CDC would probably agree with me. Before you call him dumb, let it be known he's a troll and changes his opinion to aggravate others every few minutes. If Luongo plays good, he calls him our saviour. If he has a bad game, trade him.

I bet you Mr. R is calling for the head of AV.

BoHorvat53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:05 AM
  #155
RobertKron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,725
vCash: 500
For ****s sake, you guys have school tomorrow. Go to bed.

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:07 AM
  #156
kmad
Riot Survivor
 
kmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
I think you just ignores my point, my point is PT is not something you brag on. Do you realized that the canucks is in such a weak division last year? None of the team except the canucks actually made the post-season if i remembered correctly. AV should be fired ASAP, not only is he wasting our player's opportunity to win the cup, he is ruining our prospect pool by not treating them right, fire him before it's too late!
Just so everyone's aware, this is the guy who wanted to build a ski resort under the sea.

kmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:11 AM
  #157
RobertKron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagorim Jarg View Post
Just so everyone's aware, this is the guy who wanted to build a ski resort under the sea.
Actually it was a sovereign nation, wasn't it? Star Wars themed, too. Why isn't that thread stickied anymore?

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:11 AM
  #158
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 10,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagorim Jarg View Post
Just so everyone's aware, this is the guy who wanted to build a ski resort under the sea.
In Dubai anythings possible.

Lonny Bohonos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:12 AM
  #159
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers
 
Vancouver_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,498
vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post


Its not an issue of bragging or not bragging there are degrees. Like its entirely suitable to brag that you won the PT over a team that hasnt won anything etc.

But I simply dont see a lot of bragging that you are referring to.

And who cares about the division. This is entirely normal. Canucks are not the first to win because their division was weak. Same with the cup. Some teams have won the SC with an easier road to it that other winners.

Again whats your point?
I bet if the canucks is in a stronger division, they would not win the president trophy. Now that we established that winning the president trophy is not such a big deal, maybe Gillis would fire AV, who hasn't win anything meaningful for the team since he was hired. The only reason we won the division is because of Luongo and the weak division the team is currently in right now.

Very rarely do teams got so much patient for a coach like him. Pittsburgh and LA has fired their coach before they win the cup in the same season, i think we can do the same. Players seems to lose interest easily, either our core player have weak mentality or the coach have lost control with his players. I am going with the latter.

I have lose counts how many times we got blown out during a series, or how he failed to adjust when our opponent change their game plans, i am frankly extremely surprised that there are still supporters for AV.


Last edited by Vancouver_2010: 01-29-2013 at 03:17 AM.
Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:14 AM
  #160
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers
 
Vancouver_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,498
vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagorim Jarg View Post
Just so everyone's aware, this is the guy who wanted to build a ski resort under the sea.
To be fair, my friend's construction plan on the ski resort is way better and more detail than AV's game plan though. Maybe AV can coach one of the underwater hockey team when he was fired. Maybe this time he wouldn't choke because there is no oxygen in water anyways.


Last edited by Vancouver_2010: 01-29-2013 at 03:24 AM.
Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:15 AM
  #161
RobertKron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagorim Jarg View Post
Just so everyone's aware, this is the guy who wanted to build a ski resort under the sea.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=357264

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:17 AM
  #162
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 10,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
I bet if the canucks is in a stronger division, they would not win the president trophy. Now that we established that winning the president trophy is not such a big deal, maybe Gillis would fire AV, who hasn't win anything meaningful for the team since he was hired. The only reason we won the division is because of Luongo and the weak division the team is currently in right now.

Very rarely do teams got so much patient for a coach like him. Pittsburgh and LA has fired their coach before they win the cup in the same season, i think we can do the same. Players seems to lose interest easily, either our core player have weak mentality or the coach have lost control with his players. I am going with the latter.
Sure. You could fire the coach every season they dont win the cup. Thats also possible.

Im betting that winning the PT and winning the majority of games, and putting bums in seats for the majority of games is pretty high on MG list as well.

Maybe partly why MG asked AV to play a more "exciting" offense oriented game as well.

If players need a coach to fire them up then I have serious concerns about their professionalism at this level.

Lonny Bohonos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:23 AM
  #163
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers
 
Vancouver_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,498
vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
Sure. You could fire the coach every season they dont win the cup. Thats also possible.

Im betting that winning the PT and winning the majority of games, and putting bums in seats for the majority of games is pretty high on MG list as well.

Maybe partly why MG asked AV to play a more "exciting" offense oriented game as well.

If players need a coach to fire them up then I have serious concerns about their professionalism at this level.
or you fired the coach when the players stop responding to him. I am obviously not in the locker room but you can see it very clearly, how many times have the team been blown out and he failed to do anything to counter that? How many times do we need to see him being out-coached in almost every single playoff series, he almost never responds when the opponent adjust their game plan during a playoff series. We are lucky that we went pass Chicago in 2011, a team that barely made the playoffs.

Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:28 AM
  #164
Dudeinator
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
or you fired the coach when the players stop responding to him. I am obviously not in the locker room but you can see it very clearly, how many times have the team been blown out and he failed to do anything to counter that? How many times do we need to see him being out-coached in almost every single playoff series, he almost never responds when the opponent adjust their game plan during a playoff series. We are lucky that we went pass Chicago in 2011, a team that barely made the playoffs.
So every team that we beat in the playoffs should also fire their coach because they couldn't beat us? Because they were out-coached by us? Because they couldn't respond to us?

So out of all 16 teams in the playoffs, 15 of them should just fire their coach? Is that the answer you're looking for?

Dudeinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:33 AM
  #165
caley
Moderator
 
caley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
I dont understand your post. Youre talking about hardasses winning as coaches.
No, that's not what I meant, I was saying they maybe needed a culture change. For instance, I mentioned that the Penguins switched FROM a hard-ass coach to a more player-friendly coach. Sometimes, it's about changing the way the players are handled. The Canucks have had a pretty steady go of it with the hard-ass coach and come up short, maybe it's time to go the other way and bring in more of a motivator/player's coach than Vigneault.

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:34 AM
  #166
Riddum
Registered User
 
Riddum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,485
vCash: 500
Terrible coaches manage to bring teams to the finals and have winning records. Not to mention stay in the nhl as head coach for so long. Please go.

Edit: I'm not saying that it's not time for a cultural change in the locker-room and coaching philosophy for this particular team, but to say that he's a bad coach is simply wrong.

Riddum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:38 AM
  #167
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers
 
Vancouver_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,498
vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudeinator View Post
So every team that we beat in the playoffs should also fire their coach because they couldn't beat us? Because they were out-coached by us? Because they couldn't respond to us?

So out of all 16 teams in the playoffs, 15 of them should just fire their coach? Is that the answer you're looking for?
Frankly i don't really want to know what's the standard and expectations for another team, however, coaches that got out-coached on almost every single playoffs series does not deserved a job. When teams changed their strategy, he never do anything to counter that, or he let the games goes out of hand too easily without doing anything, for example, pulling Luongo too late or keep him for the entire game despite knowing that might not be his night. It's not just a one year incident, it happened in almost every single playoff series.

I almost want Gillis to be fired for keeping AV as well, now he is going to pay for this decision, which is too bad because Gillis is the best GM we ever had.

Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:40 AM
  #168
Dudeinator
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
Frankly i don't really want to know what's the standard and expectations for another team, however, coaches that got out-coached on almost every single playoffs series does not deserved a job. When teams changed their strategy, he never do anything to counter that, or he let the games goes out of hand too easily without doing anything, for example, pulling Luongo too late or keep him for the entire game despite knowing that might not be his night.

I almost want Gillis to be fired for keeping AV as well, now he is going to pay for this decision, which is too bad because Gillis is the best GM we ever had.
So...when we win, it's despite Vigneault. But if we lose, it's because of Vigneault...

Self-fulfilling prophesy if I've ever seen one.

Dudeinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:40 AM
  #169
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 10,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
No, that's not what I meant, I was saying they maybe needed a culture change. For instance, I mentioned that the Penguins switched FROM a hard-ass coach to a more player-friendly coach. Sometimes, it's about changing the way the players are handled. The Canucks have had a pretty steady go of it with the hard-ass coach and come up short, maybe it's time to go the other way and bring in more of a motivator/player's coach than Vigneault.
Right thanks. I was a bit confused. Maybe a culture change needs to happen.

I dont think it will be to a hard ass though as the Sedins are hardly guys who need that and I doubt they would respond in such a way. Also MG has much more to do with the perceived "country club culture" so I dont see a hard ass fitting their either.

I did a bit of research in this coaching change thing last year, there are studies done that can be found on the internet, and pretty much everything indicated that coaching changes dont have much of an effect in the long run in terms of performance.

So it begs the question. Does a coaching change actually improve the nucks?

Lonny Bohonos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:40 AM
  #170
RobertKron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
Frankly i don't really want to know what's the standard and expectations for another team, however, coaches that got out-coached on almost every single playoffs series does not deserved a job. When teams changed their strategy, he never do anything to counter that, or he let the games goes out of hand too easily without doing anything, for example, pulling Luongo too late or keep him for the entire game despite knowing that might not be his night.

I almost want Gillis to be fired for keeping AV as well, now he is going to pay for this decision, which is too bad because Gillis is the best GM we ever had.
Out of curiosity, when did you start following the Canucks?

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:44 AM
  #171
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 10,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MW View Post
Out of curiosity, when did you start following the Canucks?
Not long enough to suffer through the pre-Bure 80s.

Lonny Bohonos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:48 AM
  #172
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers
 
Vancouver_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,498
vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudeinator View Post
So...when we win, it's despite Vigneault. But if we lose, it's because of Vigneault...

Self-fulfilling prophesy if I've ever seen one.
its obvious that AV is the anchor that limits our team's success. If only we can adjust our gameplan in 2011 then we wouldn't need game 7 to eliminate the hawks and perhaps we can win the cup against Boston.

Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:50 AM
  #173
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 10,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
its obvious that AV is the anchor that limits our team's success. If only we can adjust our gameplan in 2011 then we wouldn't need game 7 to eliminate the hawks and perhaps we can win the cup against Boston.
Actually our "downfall" in 2011 started with Mannys injury. That took out our 3rd line shut down center and Kesler had to be both shut down and scorer. Then he got injured etc etc.

Lonny Bohonos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:51 AM
  #174
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers
 
Vancouver_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,498
vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
Actually our "downfall" in 2011 started with Mannys injury. That took out our 3rd line shut down center and Kesler had to be both shut down and scorer. Then he got injured etc etc.
excuse should never be the excuse, canucks is not the only team that suffers injury.

Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:52 AM
  #175
Dudeinator
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
its obvious that AV is the anchor that limits our team's success. If only we can adjust our gameplan in 2011 then we wouldn't need game 7 to eliminate the hawks and perhaps we can win the cup against Boston.
And where are you getting all these assumptions and conclusions? Based on your anecdotal evidence from watching games? What are your credentials that make any of your observations valid?

Because all I'm hearing from you is a disgruntled fan who wants to pin the blame on someone and is using mere observations and passing it off as informed judgement.

Dudeinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.