HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jordan Schroeder Appreciation Thread!

Old
02-16-2013, 05:20 PM
Wizeman*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsg87 View Post
Saw the game last night (like to watch the late games after the Sabres) and I can see why the Canucks thought Hodgson was expendable for the right player. Schroeder looks like a stud in the making and really skates hard every shift and man he looked fast last night. The line really got hosed on the no goal call.

Overall, Looks like both teams got the player they needed and already had someone to took the departed player's place (you guys had Schroeder and we had Foligno).
Well if your going to be FAIR about it............jeez............

Then the Sabres got an unusually gifted center who with positioning and anticipation makes up for his lack of foot speed . He has an amazing shot as well so defenders have to guess at a pass or shot with him.

With the right winger, he has all the right tools to score 90 points . We could not develop him further and he expressed interest in getting more ice time in another situation.

Sabres got a good one.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 05:46 PM
Fictional Realism
What is going on?

vCash: 894
Yeah Schroeder is justifying his draft position big time early this season. Has totally elite NHL speed and handles the puck well. Defensively he's adequate (above average for a rookie) and seems to be dependable in most situations. I actually really like that line.

Fictional Realism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Potatoe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusKane View Post
I'm sorry but show me a team that drafts someone at 5'8 165 lbs. and considers him close to nhl ready He was taken because of skill, and skill alone.
Had you watched the 2009 draft you would have noted that Schroeder was discussed as being one of the "more" NHL ready prospects in the first round.

He may have been small, but he was physically mature and had a fantastic pedigree.

That is part of why his next few years were so disappointing.

Either way, the point is entirely moot. It doesn't matter how, or how long it took him to develop, the fact is he did develop and he looks like a solid NHL player in the here and now.

He obviously still has a way to go bit if he keeps progressing he has the chance to be a quality top 6 center down the road. That of course would be full value for a late first rounder.

Potatoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 06:54 PM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

^ Bobby Mac said it IIRC, and he loved the pick too. Great to see that 3rd line flying out there and yesterday creating offence. Keep up the speedy two-way play and we'll start to see them burn slower teams on the counter more often than not.

vanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 11:57 PM
651*

MN boy here. Just wondering how you guys are liking JS. I was a bit curious to see him on the PP tonight...is he doing well so far?

651* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:19 AM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 651 View Post
MN boy here. Just wondering how you guys are liking JS. I was a bit curious to see him on the PP tonight...is he doing well so far?
He looks good . Good defensively, can hold his own physically, makes plays offensively. Not bad for a guy who has no idea how to play at the NHL yet.

Really excited for him

Old
02-18-2013, 12:32 AM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Pleasant surprise, just in that we all knew he had skills but he has handled the NHL game physically and in his own end very well also.

monster_bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:50 AM
ZenMaster*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
Yeah Schroeder is justifying his draft position big time early this season. Has totally elite NHL speed and handles the puck well. Defensively he's adequate (above average for a rookie) and seems to be dependable in most situations. I actually really like that line.
Agreed, I feel very comfortable when he's on the ice, he doesn't play like a rookie. Evidently, AV feels the same way by playing him in every situation.

ZenMaster* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:51 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
Agreed, I feel very comfortable when he's on the ice, he doesn't play like a rookie. Evidently, AV feels the same way by playing him in every situation.
When I see him in our own zone, I don't have a heart attack (unlike some of our defensemen). That's good enough for me (for a rookie!).

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:06 AM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

Still don't get why no Schroeder and Kassian in the shootout... I mean, Burrows just tried his go-to move in OT already. What other moves can he pull off reliably? Come on now.

Old
02-18-2013, 01:11 AM
651*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
He looks good . Good defensively, can hold his own physically, makes plays offensively. Not bad for a guy who has no idea how to play at the NHL yet.

Really excited for him
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Pleasant surprise, just in that we all knew he had skills but he has handled the NHL game physically and in his own end very well also.
Sounds good. Always root for my fellow MN natives when they get to the bigs. I just wish Ballard would do better for you guys.

651* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:17 AM
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Sounds good. Always root for my fellow MN natives when they get to the bigs. I just wish Ballard would do better for you guys.
Ballard's also been phenomenal this year.

Alberts is the bad Minnesotan.

thepuckmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:27 AM
Wizeman*

Agreed.

This is the best I have ever seen Keith Ballard in a Canucks uniform.

Old
02-18-2013, 01:39 AM
racerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Ballard's also been phenomenal this year.

Alberts is the bad Minnesotan.
Really? I think he has been exactly what you want out of a 7th dman, mistake free and unnoticeable...

racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:11 AM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

vCash: 139
I think he played very well since being called up, but I do think we can afford to send him back when Booth comes back so he can play big minutes for the Wolves, then maybe call him up again a few games before the playoffs.

Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:28 AM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
I think he played very well since being called up, but I do think we can afford to send him back when Booth comes back so he can play big minutes for the Wolves, then maybe call him up again a few games before the playoffs.
I think he's learned just about all that there is to learn down there. His defensive play up in the NHL is very encouraging for a rookie. He's now at the point where the Canucks are a much better team with him in the lineup than not. Especially with the way the 3rd lines' speed, hustle and skill have been on display.

That shift in the 1st period where they hemmed the Blues' top line in for an entire minute was hella fun to watch.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:43 AM
VanCanucks53

Quote:
Oh don't worry, hating on Ballard is so last year He's probably been our most consistent dman so far.

VanCanucks53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:18 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alflives View Post
Not in Vancouver with Mr. Hart and Mr. Selke playing the first and second fiddle. Unless, he develops another aspect to his game that would allow him to play on the third or fourth lines. (Face-off prowess/ PK/ grit/ etc.
It doesnt have to be. Kesler is the second best defensive forward in the NHL (until Datsyuk retires).

You can use him in a shut down 3rd C role.

People put way too much ego into this. Kesler is the perfect checking center who can also score.

We dont need another one. Schroeder is the perfect play making second line center. Give the kid a chance to get better. He needs 2 years .

Old
02-18-2013, 10:55 PM
me2
Callng out the crap

vCash: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
Really? I think he has been exactly what you want out of a 7th dman, mistake free and unnoticeable...
He's just overpaid for his role as water boy.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:59 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
It doesnt have to be. Kesler is the second best defensive forward in the NHL (until Datsyuk retires).

You can use him in a shut down 3rd C role.

People put way too much ego into this. Kesler is the perfect checking center who can also score.

We dont need another one. Schroeder is the perfect play making second line center. Give the kid a chance to get better. He needs 2 years .
I think there are at least a few guys who are neck and neck with Kesler defensively besides Datsyuk, and have played far better in their own end since his Selke performance, personally.

Shareefruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:01 AM
monster_bertuzzi

How many damn Americans are on this team now anyways? lol.

monster_bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:04 AM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
I think there are at least a few guys who are neck and neck with Kesler defensively besides Datsyuk, and have played far better in their own end since his Selke performance, personally.
Since his Selke win? So last year? That's a single season (a season where he had a down year and got injured again mid-way). Not saying only a few are comparable to Kesler defensively, but he obviously struggled last year.

aandbreatheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:05 AM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
While playing on one hip and one arm?

Old
02-19-2013, 12:56 AM
Janice2625

Just to comment on some of the stuff i read....and i enjoyed reading it all :*)

after Ballards first couple games and give-aways hes settled right down, agreed, Him and Tanev been looking good.

Alberts has been a great 7th for us and knows his situation. lil slow of foot at times but, I luv him and dont fear too much when he's been in in the past, but hes another year older so surely a lil bit slower as well, so who knows, if and when he gets a chance

Burrows yesterday didn't get the chance to make his lil fake left first to draw the keeper a bit otherwise I think things may have been different in OT. Hes still the #1 Id say in the shoot-out but he cant live with the one move forever.

Booths back and has scored on it so maybe the shoot out will get some much needed help....It sucks.

Just opinions...Dont laugh plz lol
Im sensitive lol

Janice2625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:23 AM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
How many damn Americans are on this team now anyways? lol.

Alberts
Ballard
Booth
Higgins
Kesler
Schroeder
Schneider

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote