HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Skinner Slew Foot on Bergeron - Suspension Worthy?

View Poll Results: Should the NHL Suspend Jeff Skinner for his Slew Foot on Patrice Bergeron?
Yes they should suspend Skinner 30 23.62%
No they should not suspend Skinner 97 76.38%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-29-2013, 01:06 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zylos45 View Post
no...but you get a goal and a point

if that is the case...lets count shootout goals

WEEEEEEEEE!
That is ridiculous. EN are "stat-padders," they're goals that very often make the difference between winning and losing. Why not "discount" PP goals while you're at it?

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:07 PM
dtam83

Quote:
Bruins winger Brad Marchand knows a slew-foot when he sees one. Marchand, who was fined last year for committing the act in Pittsburgh, spoke about Hurricanes’ forward Jeff Skinner‘s questionable slew-foot on Patrice Bergeron on Tuesday morning, according to CBS Boston. “Skinner slew-foots all the time and he’s always doing that to guys and I think [Bergeron] just had enough of it,” Marchand said Tuesday. “We even spoke about it before the game in the room, the guys were talking about how much he slew foots and you’ve got to watch out for him. And you could see it’s very blatant, he kicks his legs out and throws him back.” Bergeron, who has only dropped the gloves once in his NHL career, went after Skinner following the incident. “I know it’s hard sometimes for guys like that that do it a lot. I hope he will [stop],” Bergeron said. “When you don’t expect something like that, you can hurt yourself. But it’s part of the play. It’s over with and I’m just looking forward.” The two teams meet again on April 8 in Boston.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/01/brad-marchan...ery-blatant/?1

Well, coming from Marchand, I think there's a bit more credibility to the claim (even if he's defending a team mate). I think that Skinner should probably be fined and warned (like Marchand last season)

dtam83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:09 PM
sooshii
SISU

Saw this in Puck Daddy. Sorry if it's already been posted:
Quote:
From WEEI and DJ Bean:

“Skinner slew-foots all the time,” Marchand said Tuesday. “He’s always doing that to guys and I think Bergy just had enough of it. We even spoke about it before the game in the room. The guys were talking about how much he slew foots and you’ve got to watch out for him. You can see it’s very blatant. He kicks his legs out and throws him back.”

sooshii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:11 PM
Kiss My Rask
Enforce Boston

Oh god don't post that on the main boards ^^^

Kiss My Rask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:17 PM
Shaun
best poster alive

If Saint Patrice says it was a slewfoot then it was a slewfoot and that's final.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:20 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

"Neutral" observations interest me. Also from Puck Daddy:

Quote:
The end of the Carolina Hurricanes’ 5-3 loss to the Boston Bruins on Monday was eventful for two reasons. First, because Tyler Seguin scored the first empty net goal in his hockey career. Second, because Patrice Bergeron went nuts on Jeff Skinner, and Patrice Bergeron really never gets nuts.
Quote:
This is becoming a patented move from Skinner, who was warned on a borderline slew-foot against Washington Capitals defenseman Dmitry Orlov last season. At the time, the NHL told CSN:

“The difference comes when there's an upper-body action (a yanking back with the arm or shoulder) to create a violent crash to the ice rather than just a trip.”

The incident caused Orlov to go nuts and shove a linesman.

Hockey Bieber has a way of getting the most frustration out of his foes, apparently.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...tml#more-49187

Not suspension-worthy, but to paraphrase Jim Bouton, it should be marked in Skinner's file, in red ink. I think if he pulls a stunt like that again he's in large trouble.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:26 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
If Saint Patrice says it was a slewfoot then it was a slewfoot and that's final.
As evidenced by the Puck Daddy post I quoted (and several tweets on the matter last night), Bergeron is undoubtedly one of the most respected players in the NHL. I know any whiff of "homerism" is a cardinal sin to some here, but it isn't just Bruins fans who think Bergeron isn't going to explode in fury over a clean play.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:26 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

Not suspension-worthy, but to paraphrase Jim Bouton, it should be marked in Skinner's file, in red ink. I think if he pulls a stunt like that again he's in large trouble.
The kid is a dirt bag. He's lucky the officials jumped in or he would have gotten dropped.

Memories are long, he will get his.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:35 PM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

No suspension, but next game someone needs to break his face

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:37 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
calling Skinner "Hockey Bieber" is genius

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:41 PM
Afam*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
We all know that Patrice Bergeron plays the game the right way and it takes a lot to get under his skin. With the Slew Foot by Skinner last night do you think that the league should issue a suspension to Skinner?

After re familiarizing myself with the meaning of slew footing and watching the video multiple times, i believe skinner accidentally bumped into bery while chasing the puck. Skinner is a punk so i don't blame Bergy for going after him

Afam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:42 PM
5Minutes4Fighting
Light the Lamp!

Normally I'd say, "No," but this isn't the first time Skinner has done this. Repeat offender = suspension. But I'd be much happier to have Thornton, Looch, Quaider or even Chara play patty cake with his face next time out.

5Minutes4Fighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:58 PM
RussellmaniaKW

the canes are never gonna let Skinner throw down with one of our fighters. A fair matchup would be Marchand vs. Skinner.

RussellmaniaKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:01 PM
Diskothek

No suspension but I'm also not convinced it wasn't a slewfoot. It happened fast and there wasn't much room behind the net but Skinner puts his left arm into Bergy's right side at the same time his left leg goes behind Bergy's right and pulls back. I'd be pissed too.

He'll get his.

Diskothek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:03 PM
the overrated
wicked overrated

Quote:

WEEEEEEEEE!
The biggest difference between ENG & SO goals is that one takes place during the 60 minutes of actual, competitive hockey, and the other does not. If we're going to overlook that massive difference, than maybe you'd have a point ... but I don't think we really should be overlooking that difference.

To keep this post on-topic: not suspension worthy at all, and I don't even think it's worthy of a fine.

the overrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:04 PM
Afam*

I Voted No.

Afam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:05 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
the canes are never gonna let Skinner throw down with one of our fighters. A fair matchup would be Marchand vs. Skinner.
No, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone at least grabbed him, or scared the living **** out of him like Lucic did to Pouliot. I could see Ference squaring him away. What's good enough for Crosby...

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:20 PM
Shaun
best poster alive

Quote:
As evidenced by the Puck Daddy post I quoted (and several tweets on the matter last night), Bergeron is undoubtedly one of the most respected players in the NHL. I know any whiff of "homerism" is a cardinal sin to some here, but it isn't just Bruins fans who think Bergeron isn't going to explode in fury over a clean play.
What are you talking about? I call him Saint Patrice because I think he's the perfect player...

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:28 PM
ksp1957

vCash: 1430
Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskothek View Post
No suspension but I'm also not convinced it wasn't a slewfoot. It happened fast and there wasn't much room behind the net but Skinner puts his left arm into Bergy's right side at the same time his left leg goes behind Bergy's right and pulls back. I'd be pissed too.

He'll get his.
That he will. If Clod Lemieux can spark a line brawl a year later, then Skinner can watch his back the next time the Canes play the Bruins. I like watching this every once in a while to see hockey justice meted out.

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Kiss My Rask
Enforce Boston

Quote:

good stuff Artemis

Kiss My Rask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:34 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:

WEEEEEEEEE!
I hear what you are saying, but many times they seal the deal so I dont mind them being counted.

What I am a little concerned over is that Seguin was more concerned about his goal being counted or not. I mean the game was over either way and his teammate got cheap shotted and was in a scuffle and he is asking "no goal?". I guess it doesnt really bother me, just rubs me the wrong way. Either way I am glad he is on the board and I hope they come in bunches now....with a goalie in net.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:36 PM
SerenityRick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
What are you talking about? I call him Saint Patrice because I think he's the perfect player...
In her defense, your post did read like it was sarcasm

But knowing you as a poster, I know you weren't being sarcastic with that comment.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:38 PM
SerenityRick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
I hear what you are saying, but many times they seal the deal so I dont mind them being counted.

What I am a little concerned over is that Seguin was more concerned about his goal being counted or not. I mean the game was over either way and his teammate got cheap shotted and was in a scuffle and he is asking "no goal?". I guess it doesnt really bother me, just rubs me the wrong way. Either way I am glad he is on the board and I hope they come in bunches now....with a goalie in net.
Eh? I didn't see that at all. I saw him immediately start skating down towards Bergy and he didn't seem concerned at all with whether or not his goal counted.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:47 PM
Kegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
Suspension? no.

Beat down?...oh yeah.
I'd say this sums it up. He has a history of it. But this might have been an accident. I still say next time they play him and bergy need to scrap.

Kegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:49 PM
ksp1957

vCash: 1430
Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegs View Post
I'd say this sums it up. He has a history of it. But this might have been an accident. I still say next time they play him and bergy need to scrap.
Maybe. But I'd rather Mr Thornton introduce himself to Mr Skinner when the game starts.

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote