HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 UFA,s VS 2014

Old
02-07-2013, 12:53 PM
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
2013 UFA,s VS 2014

I was looking up the upcoming UFA class and man is it thin.

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/

It seems like Perry/Ryan are the guys and not saying there is not other players to pick up but check out the ages on most of the top players available.

Now in 2014 it will be a smorgasbord of talent. I also do realize this will change by then but again there should be some players to be had.

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/?...1&fa_type_id=2

Malkin,Heatley,Gaborik,Vanek,Thornton,Marleau, Lundqvist,Datsyuk,Bouwmeester,Boyle,Stastny,
Phaneuf,Miller,Sedin's,Kessel,Pominville,Hemsky,an d Bergeron just to name a few.

Let's hope Wang at worst we will try to make a significant singing this year. Nino and Donovan will be here by then and Reinhart might even be ready. Considering 2014 is the year before the move maybe he opens up his purse and want's to move in to Brooklyn with a team really ready to make a deep run in the playoffs to start off with some nice season ticket sales..Thoughts?

MattMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

I dunno. I see a bunch of guys (besides Getzlaf/Perry) that could be real gets for the Isles in the offseason: Nathan Horton, Ryane Clowe, Ian White, David Clarkson, Jimmy Howard, Ladislav Smid, Valtteri Filppula...

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 01:15 PM
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
I dunno. I see a bunch of guys (besides Getzlaf/Perry) that could be real gets for the Isles in the offseason: Nathan Horton, Ryane Clowe, Ian White, David Clarkson, Jimmy Howard, Ladislav Smid, Valtteri Filppula...
Yes i forgot to mention Horton (happen to love the guy even when with Florida). I don't see Clarkson not being resigned by the Devils though.

Since the cap is going down two teams in 2014 will have big decisions to make, San Jose and the Rags.

San Jose-
Thornton,Marleau,Boyle and Pavelski combined are making roughly 30.5 mil alone.
Rags-
Lunqvist,Gaborik,Callahan, and Girardi are making roughly 22 mil.

Imagine JT and Jumbo JT playing together..I can dream!!

Old
02-07-2013, 01:25 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMartin View Post
I was looking up the upcoming UFA class and man is it thin.

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/

It seems like Perry/Ryan are the guys and not saying there is not other players to pick up but check out the ages on most of the top players available.

Now in 2014 it will be a smorgasbord of talent. I also do realize this will change by then but again there should be some players to be had.

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/?...1&fa_type_id=2

Malkin,Heatley,Gaborik,Vanek,Thornton,Marleau, Lundqvist,Datsyuk,Bouwmeester,Boyle,Stastny,
Phaneuf,Miller,Sedin's,Kessel,Pominville,Hemsky,an d Bergeron just to name a few.

Let's hope Wang at worst we will try to make a significant singing this year. Nino and Donovan will be here by then and Reinhart might even be ready. Considering 2014 is the year before the move maybe he opens up his purse and want's to move in to Brooklyn with a team really ready to make a deep run in the playoffs to start off with some nice season ticket sales..Thoughts?
Imagine Heatley, Gaborik or vanek on JT's wing ? wowow

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 01:42 PM
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Imagine Heatley, Gaborik or vanek on JT's wing ? wowow
A speedy scoring proven winger on JT's line could equal tons of points and huge playoff implications for this team. Personally i would want Gaborik or Vanek i think Heatley is being demoted as we speak in Minnesota off the top line. The dream weaver lines..
JT/MM/Gaborik and Jumbo JT centering Nino and Horton..I do have really high hopes for Nino!

Last edited by MattMartin: 02-07-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old
02-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Dan-o16

Vanek or Perry would be wonderful fits with JT. Neither seem particularly likely additions.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 02:00 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

vCash: 3178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Horton, Clowe, or Clarkson would all look very good on the wings. They would add a much needed physical element to our top 6.

We need to do something about or goaltending situation. I wouldnt mind seeing the Isles sign Backstrom he would be a great addition for us.

WangMustGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 02:24 PM
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™

Quote:
Originally Posted by WangMustGo View Post
We need to do something about or goaltending situation. I wouldnt mind seeing the Isles sign Backstrom he would be a great addition for us.
The good is that there will be some goalies to be had and since most are older we can make a 1 or 2 year deal with most of them while determining if Nils,Poulin or Kosk can step up to be a #1. That being said i would really like Nabby to stay on for 2 more with us.
Here are the ages i was speaking of.
Backstrom 34
Thomas 38
Khavi 40
Nabs 38
Those are the 4 current highest price UFA Goalies on the market. In another thread i said Ellis or Smith would be nice additions as well.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:24 PM
IslandersFan17

I think wholeheartedly, if NYI want to be taken serious going into the '14 FA pool, they need to make at least one splash in '13 FA pool.

As much as I like Horton and Clowe, I think the Islanders need to come away with either Perry or Getz'. Do I see this happening? Absolutely not! Then again, I did not see both Suter and Parise ending up in Minnesota.

However, I just do not see the Snow/Capuano combo being a good sell. Yes, the Islanders are moving to a state of the art facility and the lack thereof in the past is no longer an issue. Our future is no longer in limbo, however, that didn't stop the likes of Lubo from trying to stiff us.

The Islanders need to start playing better and no longer be a lottery team if they want these players to take them serious. Money does talk, but every team in the leagues money is just as green.

IslandersFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote