HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Barclays Center.....Your thoughts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2013, 04:40 AM
  #101
Steve55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,501
vCash: 500
http://atlanticyardsreport.blogspot....imes-real.html

Steve55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:59 AM
  #102
Isles Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Marshall days View Post
Jealousy will get you nowhere. blah blah blah. Prove the accident. blah blah blah. That you keep harping on this shows how insecure you/your stance is. Here come the insults ie reading/comprehension as predicted because you know I'm the best predictor here. Drop the act, you're bitter NYI is leaving LI and you can't handle it. So you put down Wang, Brooklyn and many posters who think otherwise and are grateful for the move. BTW, we saw the drunks get into the car. Shall I keep going?

Nah, you're not worth it. Right from the start your assumptions were wrong thinking because I'm happy NYI is in BK because the train ride is closer for me and your ignorance was shown ignoring the potential benefits of the city over the suburbs for NYI. NYI wouldn't have moved if the revenue projections weren't better than in nassore.

If you don't think things will work out in Brooklyn or for NYI what are you doing here? Do you always follow things you think will go badly and make you miserable? And take it out on others? The other poster said you hate NYI yet here you are on an NYI message board all the time? Masochistic much?

Comprehend that.

BROOKLYN BABY! LIVE IT, LEARN IT, LOVE IT, DEAL WITH IT. OR GO AWAY!!
So in the end this is all about you. It's all about you validating that you predicted the move and that because you did that every thing else that comes from you is gospel. I bring up the point about reading comprehension because you were debating me over things I never said leading me to believe you cannot comprehend what you read. No insult, just observation, there is a huge difference. It's like I stated earlier, your issue is you got called out and you can't handle it. You prefer to post mindless dribble and expect people to accept it. Not going to happen with me, sorry.

Perhaps you should have stated at the onset that you witnessed the alleged drunks getting in the car in the parking lot, would have added an element of credibility to your point, but quickly have learned that you and credibility should not be used in the same sentance. And I am still trying to make the connection between you witnessing one accident translating into many accidents as you have repeatedly said. Funny, it appears I am not the only one who has not seen accidents after games either, which I find strange becasue apparently there are so many, but I guess those people here are just jealous the Isles are moving too.

My assumptions are wrong? I'm sorry how can that be proven if they have not moved yet? How can that be proven if not a single cent of alleged revenue has been generated by the move announcement? Your assumptions are that the move solves all this teams issues, my stance is that it may IF the potential revenue actualizes and IF Wang dumps it back into the team otherwise your points are just assumtions as well. Now I know the concept of you being wrong is tough for you to grasp so I am going to let you live in your little bubble moving forward. FWIW they are moving because Wang refused to negotiate a fair deal for all in Nassau. A new building and inceased building to the NVMC area would have created additioanl revenue and until we see reports about revenue generated by the move it's all pie in the sky.

Never said things would not work out, but of course you don't comprehend that. What I have been saying is that there is an equal chance that they do not work out as projected either. My sin for bringing that up.

I don't hate the NYI, another fact stated before that you missed, I bleed Orange and Blue. I actually saw Bert Marshall play so don't ever question my alligence to this team because you have no idea.

Isles Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:30 AM
  #103
Dan-o16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Fan View Post
Perhaps you should have stated at the onset that you witnessed the alleged drunks getting in the car in the parking lot, would have added an element of credibility to your point, but quickly have learned that you and credibility should not be used in the same sentance.
Well, I don't know whether or not any drunks got into accidents after the game. But if none did, that explains why the Islanders have been so unlucky - all the luck was used up magically transporting (allegedly) drunk drivers home without harming themselves or others.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:49 AM
  #104
Bert Marshall days
Registered User
 
Bert Marshall days's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Fan View Post
So in the end this is all about you. It's all about you validating that you predicted the move and that because you did that every thing else that comes from you is gospel. I bring up the point about reading comprehension because you were debating me over things I never said leading me to believe you cannot comprehend what you read. No insult, just observation, there is a huge difference. It's like I stated earlier, your issue is you got called out and you can't handle it. You prefer to post mindless dribble and expect people to accept it. Not going to happen with me, sorry.

Perhaps you should have stated at the onset that you witnessed the alleged drunks getting in the car in the parking lot, would have added an element of credibility to your point, but quickly have learned that you and credibility should not be used in the same sentance. And I am still trying to make the connection between you witnessing one accident translating into many accidents as you have repeatedly said. Funny, it appears I am not the only one who has not seen accidents after games either, which I find strange becasue apparently there are so many, but I guess those people here are just jealous the Isles are moving too.

My assumptions are wrong? I'm sorry how can that be proven if they have not moved yet? How can that be proven if not a single cent of alleged revenue has been generated by the move announcement? Your assumptions are that the move solves all this teams issues, my stance is that it may IF the potential revenue actualizes and IF Wang dumps it back into the team otherwise your points are just assumtions as well. Now I know the concept of you being wrong is tough for you to grasp so I am going to let you live in your little bubble moving forward. FWIW they are moving because Wang refused to negotiate a fair deal for all in Nassau. A new building and inceased building to the NVMC area would have created additioanl revenue and until we see reports about revenue generated by the move it's all pie in the sky.

Never said things would not work out, but of course you don't comprehend that. What I have been saying is that there is an equal chance that they do not work out as projected either. My sin for bringing that up.

I don't hate the NYI, another fact stated before that you missed, I bleed Orange and Blue. I actually saw Bert Marshall play so don't ever question my alligence to this team because you have no idea.
No, it's all about you. It's not even about LI car accidents. It's about you getting your sensitive feelings hurt because someone said LI wasn't perfect because they saw accidents after games. So your immature self went on the defensive because you perceived it as LI being worse than Brooklyn and you couldn't take it. You've got major issues that need attention at the Austrian/Freud levels. But do keep up your personal obsession with me as it's flattering.

So I guess when I saw people with NYI jerseys in the car accident after the game it was just a coincidence and they weren't coming from the game and weren't drunk even though they were wobbling before. And I when I saw people with RUSH shirts in a car accident after a RUSH concert at NVMC it was just coincidence too. Saw 2 other accidents not even worth mentioning because to you an accident never happened after an event at NVMC that can be tied to alcohol. That thinking is so asinine it can only come from you. Who cares if others didn't see accidents? Doesn't mean squat except in your little mind. 1 poster said he went to 10-20 games a year at NVMC. For how many years? I've seen 20-30 games at NVMC since 1972 so maybe I've had the opportunity to see more.

Talk about not comprehending. Show me where I said the move solves all the problems. I've repeatedly said it offers the hope and chance to succeed, a hope that hasn't been there for 20 years. I also said they might still suck even with higher revenues ala the Leafs or poor management. As usual, you just see what you want. You think you know more than 3 experts/people that have verified the potential revenues of potentially $35 mil moving to Brooklyn. Corp tix guru for US arenas, NY Times expert and Staple confirmed it. But you doubt it. You doubt EVERYTHING. Even car accidents. Priceless. You think no UFA's will come to Brooklyn, there won't be more revenue there, if there is more revenue it won't be spent on NYI. They're moving because nobody cares on LI and the politicians screwed Wang and other owners before him and because the revenue potential outside LI is potentially better for an NHL team.

But I get it, the sun always shines on LI, nothing ever goes wrong there, there's NEVER a drunk driving accident and the birds sing all day. Even if they lost their hockey team and are financially bankrupt and the butt of jokes and you're ******** and in denial so I understand.

Bert Marshall days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:35 AM
  #105
Bert Marshall days
Registered User
 
Bert Marshall days's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
Well, I don't know whether or not any drunks got into accidents after the game. But if none did, that explains why the Islanders have been so unlucky - all the luck was used up magically transporting (allegedly) drunk drivers home without harming themselves or others.

Cheers,

Dan-o
Has to be. That explains it.


My main point - I've seen more accidents from drunks leaving NVMC than I can imagine people being mugged at Barclay's after events. (With all the cops at BK and his own posted article looks like I'm right since there's been no muggings at Barclay's. So even if I've seen 1 accident logically perceived I'm right)

His main point - Not 1 accident was ever caused by a drunk driver leaving NVMC because he and 2 others didn't see any. Since 1972. Not 1.


Cue the Twilight Zone music and whatever music symbolizes denial.

Bert Marshall days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:51 PM
  #106
Isles Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Marshall days View Post
No, it's all about you. It's not even about LI car accidents. It's about you getting your sensitive feelings hurt because someone said LI wasn't perfect because they saw accidents after games. So your immature self went on the defensive because you perceived it as LI being worse than Brooklyn and you couldn't take it. You've got major issues that need attention at the Austrian/Freud levels. But do keep up your personal obsession with me as it's flattering.

So I guess when I saw people with NYI jerseys in the car accident after the game it was just a coincidence and they weren't coming from the game and weren't drunk even though they were wobbling before. And I when I saw people with RUSH shirts in a car accident after a RUSH concert at NVMC it was just coincidence too. Saw 2 other accidents not even worth mentioning because to you an accident never happened after an event at NVMC that can be tied to alcohol. That thinking is so asinine it can only come from you. Who cares if others didn't see accidents? Doesn't mean squat except in your little mind. 1 poster said he went to 10-20 games a year at NVMC. For how many years? I've seen 20-30 games at NVMC since 1972 so maybe I've had the opportunity to see more.

Talk about not comprehending. Show me where I said the move solves all the problems. I've repeatedly said it offers the hope and chance to succeed, a hope that hasn't been there for 20 years. I also said they might still suck even with higher revenues ala the Leafs or poor management. As usual, you just see what you want. You think you know more than 3 experts/people that have verified the potential revenues of potentially $35 mil moving to Brooklyn. Corp tix guru for US arenas, NY Times expert and Staple confirmed it. But you doubt it. You doubt EVERYTHING. Even car accidents. Priceless. You think no UFA's will come to Brooklyn, there won't be more revenue there, if there is more revenue it won't be spent on NYI. They're moving because nobody cares on LI and the politicians screwed Wang and other owners before him and because the revenue potential outside LI is potentially better for an NHL team.

But I get it, the sun always shines on LI, nothing ever goes wrong there, there's NEVER a drunk driving accident and the birds sing all day. Even if they lost their hockey team and are financially bankrupt and the butt of jokes and you're ******** and in denial so I understand.
Hmmm.... let's see when did I mention that my feelings were hurt? Oh ya...I never did.

So you are a seson ticket holder? How many games have you been to this year? Or last? I am curious because, if memeory serves, and I know I am older so it could be failing, but if memory serves I believe I recall you saying sometime back that you live within the 5 boros and you don't go to games anymore because it's too much of a hassle. Now I could be confusing you with someone else and if I am I apologize in advance but I don't think I am.

This has NOTHING to do with LI being better than Brooklyn or vice versa (that means opposite). You are trying to make it into that.This is all about someone posting a ridiculous statement about NVMC being some sort of demolition derby after events. All I did was disagree with you and ask for some sort of proof and that's when you got offended because I called you out and asked you to back it up with some sort of factual details, which of course you still have not provided. But hey, thats Ok because in your little bizzaro world you are the king and we are just your minions.

I guess on LI you are only allowed to wear Islander gear when coming from a game or a Rush shirt when coming from their concert. Funny, I have never heard of that law before. I guess for me the bigger question is if you saw these people so allegedly drunk they were wobbling when walking and then saw then jump in a car, why didn't you alert law enforcement? Instead you chose to watch them get into an accident and possibly injure innocent people. Nice move on the human decency front.

Unfortunatley LI has far too many accidents involving drunk drivers that claim innocent lives. Thanks for doing your part to stop another potential one.

I don't think I know more than any expert, nor did I ever say I did, (again that reading comprehension thing but we all know schooling lacks these days so I can't balme you, just feel sorry for you). And for what it is worth, your experts all have a stake in this thing so I wouldn't expect them to say otherwise. I mearly stated that if the team dosen't win you can throw all the predictions out the window with the bath water. No one pays good money to see a bad team, even you yourself said so in another thread. If they don't win any additonal revenue is short lived. Is there hope? I guess if you choose to believe that an owner that has a track record of not spending will suddenly bump his head and change his mind. You choose to believe and I choose to take a wait and see appraoch, which has been my stance since day one of this.

To be honest, I don't care where they play and how much money they bring in or who is on the team, so long as they win. So long as this franchise can return to respctability I am good with it.

Oh, one last thing, no sun on LI today, it's cloudy and lightly snowing so the sun doesn't always shine here, but the birds are chirping!

Isles Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:04 PM
  #107
Mustang2750
Registered User
 
Mustang2750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,285
vCash: 500
Maybe stop blaming drunk drivers coming out of the coliseum and causing accidents and just say Long Islanders cause the accident. Long Islanders are some of the worst drivers in America. I will guarantee you there are 1000% more accidents coming out of the coliseum caused by idiot Long Island drivers than there are from drunk Islanders fans.

Mustang2750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:55 PM
  #108
19 in a row
Registered User
 
19 in a row's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,718
vCash: 500
Ok then let's just agree that Nassau/Suffolk is responsible for every personal, commercial, social, economic and political problem this country has and move along, since apparently it is a tautology. I don't understand why every comment about Brooklyn from certain corners has to include some sort of personal attack on Nassau/Suffolk but, hey, its a free country. I will just accept my worthlessness and aspire to someday be able to upgrade to some third world country.

On another note, I hear Barclay's is a really nice venue, but maybe I should not mention and muddle this love fest. We Islander fans are such an inclusive bunch, I wonder why more aren't flocking to join us.

Now back to hockey.

19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 04:54 PM
  #109
Bert Marshall days
Registered User
 
Bert Marshall days's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Fan View Post
Hmmm.... let's see when did I mention that my feelings were hurt? Oh ya...I never did.

So you are a seson ticket holder? How many games have you been to this year? Or last? I am curious because, if memeory serves, and I know I am older so it could be failing, but if memory serves I believe I recall you saying sometime back that you live within the 5 boros and you don't go to games anymore because it's too much of a hassle. Now I could be confusing you with someone else and if I am I apologize in advance but I don't think I am.

This has NOTHING to do with LI being better than Brooklyn or vice versa (that means opposite). You are trying to make it into that.This is all about someone posting a ridiculous statement about NVMC being some sort of demolition derby after events. All I did was disagree with you and ask for some sort of proof and that's when you got offended because I called you out and asked you to back it up with some sort of factual details, which of course you still have not provided. But hey, thats Ok because in your little bizzaro world you are the king and we are just your minions.

I guess on LI you are only allowed to wear Islander gear when coming from a game or a Rush shirt when coming from their concert. Funny, I have never heard of that law before. I guess for me the bigger question is if you saw these people so allegedly drunk they were wobbling when walking and then saw then jump in a car, why didn't you alert law enforcement? Instead you chose to watch them get into an accident and possibly injure innocent people. Nice move on the human decency front.

Unfortunatley LI has far too many accidents involving drunk drivers that claim innocent lives. Thanks for doing your part to stop another potential one.

I don't think I know more than any expert, nor did I ever say I did, (again that reading comprehension thing but we all know schooling lacks these days so I can't balme you, just feel sorry for you). And for what it is worth, your experts all have a stake in this thing so I wouldn't expect them to say otherwise. I mearly stated that if the team dosen't win you can throw all the predictions out the window with the bath water. No one pays good money to see a bad team, even you yourself said so in another thread. If they don't win any additonal revenue is short lived. Is there hope? I guess if you choose to believe that an owner that has a track record of not spending will suddenly bump his head and change his mind. You choose to believe and I choose to take a wait and see appraoch, which has been my stance since day one of this.

To be honest, I don't care where they play and how much money they bring in or who is on the team, so long as they win. So long as this franchise can return to respctability I am good with it.

Oh, one last thing, no sun on LI today, it's cloudy and lightly snowing so the sun doesn't always shine here, but the birds are chirping!
No, you're wrong as usual and have me confused with someone else. I don't live in the 5 boros or Brooklyn or LI. That makes me impartial and objective while you're biased as you live on LI.

I won't get into your incessant bizarro assumptions and semantic proof wackiness except again, you can't prove the accidents weren't seen by me. Harping on that is asinine. The other garbage you wrote looks like that of a 7 year old and doesn't even deserve a reply.

Exactly, how does Arthur Staple have a stake in saying Barclay's will produce more revenue than NVMC? Or an anonymous NY Times expert for that matter? That's just wacky but your type of thinking.

Some revenue will increase and remain constant win or lose because of corporations and partner support. Some not all. Again, you don't include that Wang one day might not own NYI in Brooklyn and I proved where he spent before on Yashin, Peca, Osgood. No guarantees but if he doesn't spend with increased revenue he's wackier than we all thought and I'd blast him too. But I think he does have the right to recoup some money he's lost in the last 10 years.

You should care how much money they bring in in Brooklyn. That's primarily what will determine if they win or return to respectibility.

Bert Marshall days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:12 PM
  #110
MTK
Registered User
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: West Islip
Country: Iceland
Posts: 2,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by potvins4cups View Post
And uniondale is a paradise right?
Uniondale is pretty bad. We are moving to a nicer area in reality of it all .

T
There was an article in the paper yesterday saying there was no crime at all around the Barclays during any events. It mentions like 6 crimes for disorderly conduct.. Booze

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/b...VODJ1yRPcnDHuN

If anyone hasn't been there yet, I would recommend going. The area outside barclays has some really good spots to hang out before and after the game.

MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:25 PM
  #111
lorwood
Registered User
 
lorwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,421
vCash: 500
Anybody Coliseum veteran will tell you that you park near the Marriott (Hempstead TPK side) which lets you fly out of the NVMC and avoid the demolition derby! (Get there before 5:15 and parking is Free!)

lorwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:01 PM
  #112
eastonhockey22*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,321
vCash: 500
{MOD EDIT}

Anyone who has the time/energy to read that B.S. care to explain to me what got their panties in a bunch and how it's related to the Islanders moving to Brooklyn?


Last edited by Homeland Security: 02-05-2013 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Edited
eastonhockey22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:37 PM
  #113
Isles hat
E N F O R C E R
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Suffolk County
Country: United States
Posts: 96
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorwood View Post
Anybody Coliseum veteran will tell you that you park near the Marriott (Hempstead TPK side) which lets you fly out of the NVMC and avoid the demolition derby! (Get there before 5:15 and parking is Free!)
Sometimes you can part at the Marriott lot but some games they have Marriott staff out there turning cars away if your not staying/dining at the Marriot.

Demolition derby? Its a typical arena parking lot.

I pull in the corner lot..$7 bucks...no big deal

Isles hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:10 PM
  #114
Steve55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve55 View Post
Cognitive dissonance in the Times: "real Brooklyn people love" the Barclays Center, while a "real Brooklyn person" (a prominent Atlantic Yards opponent) is lauded..


from brooklyn7:57 AM

Lol. Your version of a real Brooklyn person is a foreign-born person raised in a different borough? Try again. Real Brooklyn people love the Barclays Center.
Reply
Replies

Norman Oder8:02 AM

Um, yeah. He moved to Brooklyn in the 60s, worked on plans to revive neighborhoods like Bed-Stuy.

Unknown6:42 PM

Ron Shiffman is a national treasure

Brooklyn is a location

The Barclay's center is state-condoned thievery


Any opinions?

Steve55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:14 PM
  #115
lhg39
Manny Malhotra Fan
 
lhg39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 400
vCash: 500
Can anyone comment on what parking is like for a Nets game? I am particularly wondering about what it is like getting out of the garages after a game.

lhg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:15 AM
  #116
Nolanitis
Registered User
 
Nolanitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,807
vCash: 500
I am interested in parking situation too, easiest way from where I live. Although if needed I can train from Jamaica. But not my favorite place to go.

And for how the neighborhood feels about it, oh well. Not much you can do except try to enjoy everything that it brought to the neighborhood. World class shows, basketball, hockey, restaurants, hotels, updated transportation hub....wow that must suck....right!

For me lie I have said it is more inconvenient. But sure beats the hell out of Canada or Seattle. I will simply enjoy the new digs and probably spend a bit more money eating around there too.

And the more I think about it, Nassau is the most stupid municipality around. They could have had an owner chip in for an arena, update the region with bars, pubs, restaurants, hotels, and possibly transportation. Now they are stuck with greed in its worst form. Watch the taxpayers get screwed again.


Last edited by Nolanitis: 02-06-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Nolanitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:43 AM
  #117
Dan-o16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolanitis View Post
And for how the neighborhood feels about it, oh well. Not much you can do except try to enjoy everything that it brought to the neighborhood. World class shows, basketball, hockey, restaurants, hotels, updated transportation hub....wow that must suck....right!
If you think Prospect Heights/Downtown Brooklyn/Fort Greene needed restaurants, you don't know the area. Quite honestly, you'd have an easier time finding someone who cares about knitting in the neighborhood than about hockey. That is not hyperbole.

There has been opposition to the project from the beginning. Eminent domain was used to move large number of people (not chop-shops). Even if you think it is justified, on balance, to act is if people don't have a reason to be upset is beyond callous.

Enjoy that traffic on Atlantic Ave.! (Wow that must suck...right!)

Ta ta,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 10:22 AM
  #118
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!
 
Twine Seeking Missle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Suck-town
Country: United States
Posts: 7,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhg39 View Post
Can anyone comment on what parking is like for a Nets game? I am particularly wondering about what it is like getting out of the garages after a game.
I will put this as simply as I can....

DO.... NOT.... DRIVE.... under any circumstances.

The train/subway is really the only way to go. Severe lack of parking space and horrible traffic will make you want to pull your hair out.

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:42 AM
  #119
lhg39
Manny Malhotra Fan
 
lhg39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle View Post
I will put this as simply as I can....

DO.... NOT.... DRIVE.... under any circumstances.

The train/subway is really the only way to go. Severe lack of parking space and horrible traffic will make you want to pull your hair out.
Is this based on personal experience?
I have tickets to a Nets game in a few weeks with my 7 year old and I come from Central jersey. My options are:

1) Drive 35 minutes to Paramus and take the shuttle to Barclays

downside is I cannot leave early, and I have a 35 minute drive before and after the game to Paramus

2) Drive to Manhattan and park at Port Authority and take subway to Barclays

downside is 30 minute or so subway ride each way. Will cost the same as taking the shuttle.

3) Drive to Barclays

Depending on traffic, I can be home in as little as 40 minutes.

So, main question, is will the traffic at the garage/general area be more than 40 minutes or so? As either of my other options have a built in 35-40 minute delay anyway.

lhg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:21 PM
  #120
Dan-o16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhg39 View Post
So, main question, is will the traffic at the garage/general area be more than 40 minutes or so? As either of my other options have a built in 35-40 minute delay anyway.
Weeknight game? The way out isn't the issue. It's the way in. Coming on Atlantic Eastbound from the BQE is slow, but not the really awful issue (as opposed to the approach from the west, which is a nightmare), it's the Eastbound 278 traffic between the bridges. There's also construction westbound on 278 that shuts down lanes (often causing a severe bottleneck on the approach to the Brooklyn Bridge).

There'll be a lot of uncertainty.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:21 PM
  #121
lhg39
Manny Malhotra Fan
 
lhg39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
Weeknight game? The way out isn't the issue. It's the way in. Coming on Atlantic Eastbound from the BQE is slow, but not the really awful issue (as opposed to the approach from the west, which is a nightmare), it's the Eastbound 278 traffic between the bridges. There's also construction westbound on 278 that shuts down lanes (often causing a severe bottleneck on the approach to the Brooklyn Bridge).

There'll be a lot of uncertainty.

Cheers,

Dan-o
Sunday evening. I would be coming over the Manhattan bridge.
Sounds like none of my options are good!

lhg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:06 PM
  #122
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!
 
Twine Seeking Missle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Suck-town
Country: United States
Posts: 7,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhg39 View Post
Is this based on personal experience?
I have tickets to a Nets game in a few weeks with my 7 year old and I come from Central jersey. My options are:

1) Drive 35 minutes to Paramus and take the shuttle to Barclays

downside is I cannot leave early, and I have a 35 minute drive before and after the game to Paramus

2) Drive to Manhattan and park at Port Authority and take subway to Barclays

downside is 30 minute or so subway ride each way. Will cost the same as taking the shuttle.

3) Drive to Barclays

Depending on traffic, I can be home in as little as 40 minutes.

So, main question, is will the traffic at the garage/general area be more than 40 minutes or so? As either of my other options have a built in 35-40 minute delay anyway.
I've been to Barclay's for Nets games three times. Each time I took the train (I come from Long Island BTW). It was extremely easy and straightforward.

To answer your question, no. This isn't from personal experience. But I know others who did attempt to drive and they were sorry they did. Like a previous poster said, there is too much uncertainty. You MIGHT be ok but chances are you will hit a ton of traffic and parking around the building is extremely limited.

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:20 PM
  #123
lhg39
Manny Malhotra Fan
 
lhg39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle View Post
I've been to Barclay's for Nets games three times. Each time I took the train (I come from Long Island BTW). It was extremely easy and straightforward.

To answer your question, no. This isn't from personal experience. But I know others who did attempt to drive and they were sorry they did. Like a previous poster said, there is too much uncertainty. You MIGHT be ok but chances are you will hit a ton of traffic and parking around the building is extremely limited.
Thanks for the advice. Leaning towards the bus. Not sure I want to ride the subway and walk thru port-authority with a 7 year old at 10PM.

lhg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:19 PM
  #124
Nolanitis
Registered User
 
Nolanitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,807
vCash: 500
Let's hope they play a couple of preseason games there next year. I was going to this years before the announcement. Personally I am looking forward to it. But I certainly will enjoy the Coliseum these next couple of years too. I guess I am just happy to see the Islanders.

Nolanitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.