HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eakins: Marlies' Hamilton knocking on Leafs' door

Old
01-31-2013, 07:15 AM
johnny_rudeboy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Hoser View Post
I like Hamilton, but replacing Brown with him wouldn't make the slightest difference to the Leafs fortunes.

I can hardly care. Probably better off letting him be a veteran leader for the prospect pool on the Marlies.
One just have to look at the game against Buffalo to see why we need Brown in the line up. Perfect 4th liner and there is a reason he have over 200 NHL games.

4th lines are used to add energy, protection and knock the other team around and he does just that.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 07:40 AM
leafspring*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
One just have to look at the game against Buffalo to see why we need Brown in the line up. Perfect 4th liner and there is a reason he have over 200 NHL games.

4th lines are used to add energy, protection and knock the other team around and he does just that.
I won't knock Brown to boost Hamilton,or reversed. There is no room on the roster for him at present anyways. Hamilton gives responsible minutes,and scores some nice goals in the process,There is nothing AHL about his game any longer.

He is getting looked at by the organization,and eventually will be here is all i could think. He is knockin on the door.Thats the competition factor that drives the entire organization now though.

I see Browns usefulness,and actually like the guy,but competition being what it is.

leafspring* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 07:42 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Hamilton could be one of those bottom six players who can play with us till players like Biggs or Ashton are ready.

01-31-2013, 07:44 AM
johnny_rudeboy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspring View Post
I won't knock Brown to boost Hamilton,or reversed. There is no room on the roster for him at present anyways. Hamilton gives responsible minutes,and scores some nice goals in the process,There is nothing AHL about his game any longer.

He is getting looked at by the organization,and eventually will be here is all i could think. He is knockin on the door.Thats the competition factor that drives the entire organization now though.

I see Browns usefulness,and actually like the guy,but competition being what it is.
They can both play wing on the same line so they dont really have to be in competition with each other. But as you said, their is competition for spots on the roster and in the line up and that is just healthy for the whole organization. If the management he deserves games in the big league then he should get them. Hard work and good play should be rewarded.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:23 AM
leafspring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
They can both play wing on the same line so they dont really have to be in competition with each other. But as you said, their is competition for spots on the roster and in the line up and that is just healthy for the whole organization. If the management he deserves games in the big league then he should get them. Hard work and good play should be rewarded.
I guess they heard the knock at the door.

leafspring* is offline   Reply With Quote