Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Future Edmonton Oilers Captain

Closed Thread
02-08-2013, 11:49 PM
vCash: 500
Future Edmonton Oilers Captain

Based entirely on speculation, who would most likely be the next future captain of the Oilers?

I am not an Oilers fan so this is just my opinion, but with all the young superstars getting captaincies and alternates, I think one of Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins, or Hall would be the mix.
I believe that they are all very marketable, but for some reason I feel Eberle would be in the front running due to his junior days and his early career success.
Then there are Nugent-Hopkins and Hall. Both are formal first overall picks and appear to have great careers ahead of them. Either one of them would also be a great choice.
My off the board choices would be either Smid if he decides to stay long term, and the less likely Hemsky for his long services with the Oilers. I would assume if management chose someone aside from the big three, it would be because they wouldn't want to put more pressure on their young superstars.

So, any thoughts?

02-08-2013, 11:53 PM
vCash: 500
Yeah we get a thread like this every couple weeks

The board thought it should be Hall
But now that eberle is a permanent "a" it seems it could be him.

02-09-2013, 12:02 AM
We are all Kloppites
vCash: 50
We've had a thread like this recently. With a poll. Please use the search option thank you.

<-- Credit goes to Joel Ward
Closed Thread