HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bouwmeester to Toronto

Old
01-29-2013, 08:43 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

vCash: 500
Bouwmeester to Toronto

Wondering what the price would be to get him in the blue and white. Dont really care if some leaf fans do not want him.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:57 AM
Gary83*

inb4 Peca video.

He's been great this year from my viewings, the last game he played is literally the best game I've seen him play in a Flames uniform. He won't be moved (again in before Toronto fans saying "I wouldn't even take him for free!")

I could only see Flames moving him if hecontinues his trend of disappointing play, I don't know if the first few games is just Bouwmeester playing better, or if this is the play that we can expect out of Bouwmeester this year, but he certainly has looked more like Flordia Bouwmeester rather than Calgary Bouwmeester.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:09 AM
AK1990

Bouwmeester & 2nd in 2013

For

Liles & Colborne?????

Liles is signed for same amount of term and is $2,900,000 cheaper a year. They get a solid prospect. Leafs get an minute eater and a pick to compensate salary difference?

AK1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:09 AM
JJTT

Toronto doesn't need another left-handed d cause they allready have gardiner,phaneuf,liles,gunnarsson(rielly)

JJTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:27 AM
madmike77

Why would the Leafs want him?

For me he's in the same boat as Phaneuf. Although they're different style players, both are overpaid top-3 guys who have been miscast as defensive cornerstones. Neither will ever live up to the expectations of being a real cornerstone, but neither is a complete bust either.

Bouwmeester is soft and overpaid. Yeah he'll eat minutes and he doesn't make as many glaring mistakes as Phaneuf, but he's worth nowhere close to what he makes salary-wise.

madmike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:28 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtt View Post
Toronto doesn't need another left-handed d cause they allready have gardiner,phaneuf,liles,gunnarsson(rielly)
Do you really think which way he shoots makes a huge difference? As long as he can play Defense and log minutes the leafs need him.

Unless your watching different games then i am, the leafs can use all the help they can get back there.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:30 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike77 View Post
Why would the Leafs want him?

For me he's in the same boat as Phaneuf. Although they're different style players, both are overpaid top-3 guys who have been miscast as defensive cornerstones. Neither will ever live up to the expectations of being a real cornerstone, but neither is a complete bust either.

Bouwmeester is soft and overpaid. Yeah he'll eat minutes and he doesn't make as many glaring mistakes as Phaneuf, but he's worth nowhere close to what he makes salary-wise.
All of the high priced Free agents signing in toronto should really make us concerned about his salary right? Why be principled when it doesnt apply to you?

Old
01-29-2013, 09:31 AM
madmike77

I should add that neither Calgary nor Toronto is really in a "win-now" situation in my opinion.

They're both slowly adding youth and improving their farm systems. I don't think either team should be making trades to try and improve for the present.

Just play out the string this year and if you're out of the playoffs, dump some assets for picks at the deadline. This year's draft looks deep so some extra picks could really help out down the road.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:33 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

can b'meister play 25 to 30 min?
cuz then randy would be interested

p.l.f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:34 AM
madmike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
All of the high priced Free agents signing in toronto should really make us concerned about his salary right? Why be principled when it doesnt apply to you?
Do you really want $13 million tied up in Phaneuf and Bouwmeester even if it's just for one more year? What's the point? To try and squeak into the playoffs? Adding Bouwmeester isn't going to improve their chances that much when they still need a number one centre and a goaltender.

The Leafs don't have the horses to compete right now. In my opinion they're better off being patient and building through the draft.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:36 AM
Adirondack Flames

vCash: 50
I really don't think Bouwmeester is available unless the Flames are forced in a full scale scorched earth rebuild, which the odds of Calgary doing is next to nil.

The only big salary guy ($4 million or more) I see the Flames potentially moving is Mike Cammalleri after the season is over and before compliance buyouts, and only if Iginla is going to return next season.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:44 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

Bouwmeester - Phaneuf would look awfully good
randy would play them 25-30 min a night
shame

p.l.f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:49 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:
Do you really want $13 million tied up in Phaneuf and Bouwmeester even if it's just for one more year? What's the point? To try and squeak into the playoffs? Adding Bouwmeester isn't going to improve their chances that much when they still need a number one centre and a goaltender.

The Leafs don't have the horses to compete right now. In my opinion they're better off being patient and building through the draft.
Where do you fathom we get the needed defense help from? We gonna draft Seth Jones? Wait for him to develop while the rest of the team walk because we have no immediate future? If you told leafs brass that your plan was to re-build they would laugh at you and then proceed to fire you. If you want to live in fantasy then sure, tank. Each and every team is about winning. Leafs have guys that can contribute now to winning. How long were we pinned in our own zone against the Rangers? How many shots did we muster up? If you add a solid defensman that can cut down defensive zone time, log minutes, block shots, be a leader and add stability to the back end this team can actually show what its capable of.

Note how our best games were when we were defensively sound.

Too many people act like the world is ending in Toronto. Win a game and we are stanley cup champs, lose one and its time for a fire sale.

We are five games in. IF you can guarantee a bottom 2 finish after five games, then be my guest blow the lid off this thing. If not then you keep the young core and build around it.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:52 AM
416Leafer

Quote:
I should add that neither Calgary nor Toronto is really in a "win-now" situation in my opinion.

They're both slowly adding youth and improving their farm systems. I don't think either team should be making trades to try and improve for the present.
For this reason, I think Toronto/Calgary make terrible trading partners.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:59 AM
madmike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Where do you fathom we get the needed defense help from? We gonna draft Seth Jones? Wait for him to develop while the rest of the team walk because we have no immediate future? If you told leafs brass that your plan was to re-build they would laugh at you and then proceed to fire you. If you want to live in fantasy then sure, tank. Each and every team is about winning. Leafs have guys that can contribute now to winning. How long were we pinned in our own zone against the Rangers? How many shots did we muster up? If you add a solid defensman that can cut down defensive zone time, log minutes, block shots, be a leader and add stability to the back end this team can actually show what its capable of.

Note how our best games were when we were defensively sound.

Too many people act like the world is ending in Toronto. Win a game and we are stanley cup champs, lose one and its time for a fire sale.

We are five games in. IF you can guarantee a bottom 2 finish after five games, then be my guest blow the lid off this thing. If not then you keep the young core and build around it.
The world isn't ending, but the "win-now" attitude is why the Leafs are where they are. They're getting better slowly. People just need to be patient.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:12 AM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 1081
Flames won't trade him because he finally looks to be fitting in under Hartley's offensive system. Hartley encourages defenseman to jump up at their own discretion, which has made JBo twice the offensive presence that he's been since coming to Calgary. Defensively he's been very engaged too, as he has since near the end of last season. It looks like he may even live up to his salary this year.

GetThePuckOut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:15 AM
TOGuy14

Can bipolar Leaf fans please stop the madness. Half of you want to trade Kessel and blow it up, then there are some of you talking about acquiring expensive veterans...

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:17 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

No more quick fixes.

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:31 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
can b'meister play 25 to 30 min?
cuz then randy would be interested
Thats his bread and butter. Logging big minutes. Despite all his other flaws, eating up ice team, and looking responsible is probably his best quality along with the skating.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:14 PM
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.

I really can't choose if I want to blow this thing up or try and win now. Which is why I have no sweet clue if J Bo would be a good addition. Maybe be easier if he was 3 years younger.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:39 PM
madmike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
I really can't choose if I want to blow this thing up or try and win now. Which is why I have no sweet clue if J Bo would be a good addition. Maybe be easier if he was 3 years younger.
The thing is if the Leafs were to try to win now, Bouwmeester isn't what they should be targeting. They need a centre and a goalie before they consider anything on defense.

In my opinion the team has too many holes and it makes more sense to be patient.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:39 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
We aren't moving him short of vast overpayment under Hartley he looks like the Florida Jbo now is not the time to move him.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:37 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
We aren't moving him short of vast overpayment under Hartley he looks like the Florida Jbo now is not the time to move him.
Agreed. He has looked like a $6M defenseman so far...fingers crossed.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:41 PM
roosterman

To Cal:

Kessel
Phaneuf

To Tor:
Jay b.
2013 1st
2014 1st

roosterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:42 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterman View Post
To Cal:

Kessel
Phaneuf

To Tor:
Jay b.
2013 1st
2014 1st
Pass we aren't moving our firsts and Phaneuf's time here is over he burnt that bridge.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote