HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lundqvist to Hartford

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2005, 02:25 PM
nrf83

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
I think that was the general point...the devils didn't have real big superstar forwards but still won the cup behind their defense and goaltending mainly.

going back to the post that started this little flap, that's what nrf83 was trying to say. how it got twisted to this point i'm not quite sure but i think it probably comes from people not reading all of the posts
Thanks for clarifying my little blurb Lev. You are correct in your assumption. I think NYR have to build their team from goal on out. When I said if we cannot grab Crosby, I hope we get JJ, it was in hopes of really tighting up our D, and with good forwards we can play with any team in league.

Old
03-15-2005, 02:28 PM
marvel

Quote:
in 2004 WJC I thought he was susceptible to high shots, as he went down a bitt to early. Has he corrected that?
Propably not! In Sweden all players just shoot low...

Old
03-15-2005, 09:29 PM
303Joe

He can't be signed until the CBA...

mess is settled. I know the Isles want to get 2 of their draft picks over in Nokelinen and Nilssen and can't until the CBA crap is figured out.

Old
03-15-2005, 10:40 PM
Fletch

Devils did fine offensively...

I think in those championship years especially. I think one season they had 5 or 6 20 goal scorers. That's pretty good scoring. And everybody's mentioned the names, and don't forget, the forwards knew how to play within a system and won battles for the puck while backchecking.

Old
03-16-2005, 12:20 AM
wedge

GREAT NEWS

I love this goalie and I'm so anxious to see him in NA... I just hope he'll play a good amount of games.

Old
03-20-2005, 01:21 PM
Habdominal

If it wasn't for that stupid shoulder injurie Blackburn would be the Number one in NY next year and Henke could develop in the AHL for a while then be brought along slowly.

Now The Rags need to sign a veteran either keep Weekes or bring a Sean Burke for at least a season until Lundqvist gets the full time job between the pipes. In the meantime I think he could start about 20 games at the AHL level then be summond to be the number two in the NHL for about 20 other games or so

It would also give the Rangers defence time to get better

Old
03-20-2005, 07:58 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel
Good point! But still the A-Line was not as productive as other toplines...
If by productive, you mean strictly scoring, then yes. However, when I talk about productive, that does not mean only scoring points. And by overall play, the A line was one of the best lines in the league. Much better than 99% of any other combination. Much more EFFECTIVE.

"Well, Arnott wouldn't have looked that good in a Rangers' Jersey"

And your basis for that is........?????

"Arnott is good, but no top center!"

No one said he was.

"And yes, Mogilny is good in Toronto. But do you know what he did in Buffalo and Vancouver? That was his prime... "

I know very well what he did in Buffalo & Vancouver. Do you? In Buffalo, aside from his 76 goal season, he also has seasons where he potted 30 & 39 goals. In Vancouver, he once hit 55 and only topped the 30 mark one other time. In NJ, he netted 43. Guess that does not count since he was obviously not in his prime. In Toronto, he scored 24 goals in 66 games in his first season. Then he hit 33. Then, his next season was shortened by injury.
So tell me again, how he is not as good. Unless you are comparing his output to his 1 season in Buffalo when he scored 76 and his one season in Vancouver when he scored 55. Other than that, he is doing exactly the same things he has done over the course of his career.

"Guerin one of the top power forwards in the league? Well, only when he has a very good center. "

Yes, Guerrin is one of the top power forwards in the leauge. Makes no difference who his center is.

"WHat did he do in Jersey? "

You mean when he was starting off? He has 5 seasons there. Power forwards take longer to develop, all know that. And in his first 5 full seasons, he scored over 20 goals 3 times, hitting 25 or more twice.

"What did he do in Dallas? "

He only had 2 seasons in Dallas. In his first year, he got hurt, but he still put in 25 goals in 64 games. Saying that he would have reached 30, had his season not been shortened by injury is not a stretch. Last year, playing a full season, he scored 34 goals. Pretty good by my estimation

"only scored 40 and 41 goals in his carreer. He never reached the 50 goal mark."

That does nothing to disprove the fact that he is one of the top power forwards in the game. Bertuzzi scored over 30 only once and over 40 once. Is he not a top power forward?

"He was good with Joe Thornton."

If you think that he was poor during the last 2 years with Dallas, you have not been paying attention. Or ask any Edmonton fan about how he played for them.

"But since then he never proofed his rep. He not even once made more points than games. "

What does "proofed his rep" mean? And so what that he does not have more points than games? Not many do in this day and age. Again, something Bertuzzi accomplished only twice in his career.

Old
03-20-2005, 08:32 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel
He not even once made more points than games.
If that's your standard, it's beyond high. Only seven players had more points that games played last season. By and large the point a game player is a thing of the past.

Old
03-20-2005, 09:16 PM
Fletch

Tb....

I think Guerin's recent 34 goals was quite impressive. The team struggled offensively. Modano wasn't very effective at all. Arnott played well (I think he may've been hurt too at some point). His 34 goals and sixty-something points led the team in both categories, I believe. He did a lot of that on his own.

I've always liked Arnott, who has been mostly a solid #2 and complements good players very well. Did have his best year with Edmonton, I believe. He had an injury I believe and never really was the same after that, but again, still played pretty well.

Old
03-21-2005, 01:31 PM
in the hall

bottom line, devils had TOP flight forwards and won with them, so no they did not win with just Stevens, Niedermayer and Brodeur

Closed Thread