HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Jersey question

Old
02-03-2013, 08:52 PM
ottawa*
go habs go

vCash: 50
Jersey question

I noticed we don't have an 'all things jersey' thread like some other teams do like Ottawa and the Rangers. Anyways, I was wondering if someone could help me out with my jersey size. I have a Large right now but it's just a little bit big and I don't know if a Medium would be too small for me. I'm 5'9 and about 155-160lb

Also...I'm debating on what jersey I should get...Galchenyuk, Price, Gorges or Pacioretty? I like them all equally but I want to avoid the problem I had last time I got a jersey (I got a Cammalleri one )

Sorry mods if I shouldn't have made my own thread for this. I wasn't sure if it belonged in OT or not

ottawa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Gary320

vCash: 500
Medium is fine. I'm 145 and I float in it. Jerseys are made to be a size bigger.

Price jersey is always a safer bet

Gary320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:06 PM
kassian

Price and Pac are safe picks. Galchenyuk's number (27) is most likely to change, though, so I wouldn't grab a jersey of his just yet. I don't even know why he's playing with Kovy's old number this season. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere he was going with 94.

As for the sizing, if a Large is too big for you, then Medium should do the trick. If you're afraid a Medium will be too small, just buy a Large and then shrink it yourself (check the internats).

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:09 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
I noticed we don't have an 'all things jersey' thread like some other teams do like Ottawa and the Rangers. Anyways, I was wondering if someone could help me out with my jersey size. I have a Large right now but it's just a little bit big and I don't know if a Medium would be too small for me. I'm 5'9 and about 155-160lb

Also...I'm debating on what jersey I should get...Galchenyuk, Price, Gorges or Pacioretty? I like them all equally but I want to avoid the problem I had last time I got a jersey (I got a Cammalleri one )

Sorry mods if I shouldn't have made my own thread for this. I wasn't sure if it belonged in OT or not
Safest bets to remain habs for the forseeable future.

1. Price
2. Galchenyuk
3. Pacioretty
4. Gorges

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Mrb1p

I got an XL myself... God damnit is it big... And I'm 6' 180 lbs...
I like to have original ones.. So two years ago I got a patches (Just before he got sent down ) I would get a Gallagher one or maybe even a Bourque one. If originality is not a factor then I'd go with Price FOR SURE.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:20 PM
ottawa*
go habs go

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassian View Post
Price and Pac are safe picks. Galchenyuk's number (27) is most likely to change, though, so I wouldn't grab a jersey of his just yet. I don't even know why he's playing with Kovy's old number this season. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere he was going with 94.

As for the sizing, if a Large is too big for you, then Medium should do the trick. If you're afraid a Medium will be too small, just buy a Large and then shrink it yourself (check the internats).
Shrinking it seems so complicated lol...I think I'll go with the M like you and the previous poster suggested and hope for the best. I think it will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999 View Post
Safest bets to remain habs for the forseeable future.

1. Price
2. Galchenyuk
3. Pacioretty
4. Gorges
That's pretty much the same order I had too only I had Gally at #1 and Price at #2. The only think that is worrying me is Galchenyuks number like you mentioned so I think I might just end up going for a Price jersey. Although Gally did say he won't ask for 94, there's no telling he'll take it as soon as its available.

‏@ArponBasu Galchenyuk will wear No. 27 in #Habs season opener. Says he has no interest in asking for No. 94, saying he's not "going to be that guy"
Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I got an XL myself... God damnit is it big... And I'm 6' 180 lbs...
I like to have original ones.. So two years ago I got a patches (Just before he got sent down ) I would get a Gallagher one or maybe even a Bourque one. If originality is not a factor then I'd go with Price FOR SURE.
Oh boy...I know he's having a great season so far but I don't think many people on this board would opt to spend $200+ for a Bourque jersey, especially over Gallagher lol. Kudos to you if you end up getting a jersey of him though, you have balls.

Old
02-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Shrinking it seems so complicated lol...I think I'll go with the M like you and the previous poster suggested and hope for the best. I think it will be fine.

That's pretty much the same order I had too only I had Gally at #1 and Price at #2. The only think that is worrying me is Galchenyuks number like you mentioned so I think I might just end up going for a Price jersey. Although Gally did say he won't ask for 94, there's no telling he'll take it as soon as its available.

‏@ArponBasu Galchenyuk will wear No. 27 in #Habs season opener. Says he has no interest in asking for No. 94, saying he's not "going to be that guy"
Twitter
Sorry I might be dumb or I might have some alzheimer kickin' in but is there a player that has the 94?

Old
02-03-2013, 09:23 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:

Twitter

Oh boy...I know he's having a great season so far but I don't think many people on this board would opt for a Bourque jersey, especially over Gallagher lol. Kudos to you if you end up getting a jersey of him though, you have balls.
I do, last time it turned out quite well.

Everybody was laughing at me, now I laugh at them

Old
02-03-2013, 09:28 PM
ottawa*
go habs go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Sorry I might be dumb or I might have some alzheimer kickin' in but is there a player that has the 94?
No lol, that's why I'm confused about that quote lol. I think it means they just gave him #27 and he didn't get to choose his own number otherwise he would have taken 94.

Old
02-03-2013, 09:34 PM
kassian

Quote:
It really isn't. It did seem like rocket science to me the first time I heard it too.

You actually most likely have done it in the past without even realizing it. All you need to do is wash the jersey with hot water and then air-dry on hot as well (if you have a drying machine that is).

I've ruined a lot of clothes in the way that they don't fit me anymore

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Dekar

From the Patches thread, I like the idea of getting a 67 with Wolverine as the name. Although I'd much rather a Galchenyuk jersey more than anything. Price, Subban, Plekanec, and Gallagher to a lesser extent would also suit my fancy just fine.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 08:18 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

I'm still not 100% convinced about Galchenyuk keeping the 27# and that's why I'm not getting his jersey until at least next year. I already have a Price, my next one will be a white Pacioretty and then a red Galchenyuk, after that i'll be good for about 10 years

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote