HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

ST.Johns Maple Leafs Ticked!!

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2005, 08:18 PM
richardn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl O'Steen
Except he's never CONSISTANTLY played in the NHL.

He has 17 points in his last 58 games... consistent is not the word.
Those last 58 games in the NHL where he was playing comming off of injury and hadn't got his level of play or confidence up. Druken unfortunatly needs to have more confidence in his offencive ability. He is often out of position defencively when he is not scroring, I think the reason for this is because he is trying to focus to much on scoring and gets caught for not playing in his own end. All I am saying is don't be so down on the guy. He is a very skilled player who still has some time to prove his worth and still could improve his defence.

Old
03-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Frankie

Quote:
If Druken was that important to the team, he wouldn't have been BENCHED in favour of Brad Leeb... who's even worse than Druken.

Alexander Steen has played in every game for Modo and has been touted by the coach, Peter Forsberg's father, as the hardest working player in practice.

He's also a better two-way player than Druken has ever been, isn't lazy, and plays physical. Offensively, he's also more skilled than Druken, Steen just didn't play much in an offensive role because of the solid players in front of him this past season.
nobody is saying druken doesn't take games off and isn't lazy. but he's mostly been on the top line all year and that's where he'll be in the playoffs.

steen isn't close to druken offensively.

i'll say it again, anyone who thinks steen will take druken's place doesn't have a clue about this team.

but again, you should your ignorance by using that old "you only like druken because he's a local" line. i've never heard any fan here say that. he's never attracted any fans to the building and most people here don't like him because he is lazy. but i guess its the only argument you can come up with.

Old
03-10-2005, 08:24 PM
mooseOAK*

Druken's PPG average in the NHL was because he could only ever play with other offensive types of players. But he couldn't be trusted to play defensively, which was all he had to be able to stay in the NHL and couldn't.

Old
03-10-2005, 08:26 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardn
Those last 58 games in the NHL where he was playing comming off of injury and hadn't got his level of play or confidence up. Druken unfortunatly needs to have more confidence in his offencive ability. He is often out of position defencively when he is not scroring, I think the reason for this is because he is trying to focus to much on scoring and gets caught for not playing in his own end. All I am saying is don't be so down on the guy. He is a very skilled player who still has some time to prove his worth and still could improve his defence.
No, he doesn't.

He's 26 years old and a mediocre defensive forward in the AHL. It's not like he's mediocre in the NHL. Once his contract with the Leafs is up, he'll be gone and we'll be very happy to get rid of him.

Old
03-10-2005, 08:26 PM
richardn

Quote:
Exactly.

Druken's spot SHOULD be safe.

But it's not because he sucks and is lazy as ****.
You love to bash the players who are in there mid 20's, but seem to be so highly on
the youngsters who haven't yet played at the next level. It will be interesting to see what you will be saying about guys like Mitchell and Steen in a few years if they don't produce. I wonder if you will be making coments like the one's your making about Druken. I also wonder what you thought of Druken while he played in the OHL for that very same team as Mitchell. Do you even go to any hockey games to see these guys play live.

Old
03-10-2005, 08:29 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie
nobody is saying druken doesn't take games off and isn't lazy. but he's mostly been on the top line all year and that's where he'll be in the playoffs.

steen isn't close to druken offensively.

i'll say it again, anyone who thinks steen will take druken's place doesn't have a clue about this team.

but again, you should your ignorance by using that old "you only like druken because he's a local" line. i've never heard any fan here say that. he's never attracted any fans to the building and most people here don't like him because he is lazy. but i guess its the only argument you can come up with.
Steen has plenty of skill and will get more playing time and offensive ops in his ROOKIE season than Druken did this past year because he's a great two-way player and can be trusted.

He'll also play a physical role and gives it his all every game.

Old
03-10-2005, 08:31 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
You love to bash the players who are in there mid 20's, but seem to be so highly on
the youngsters who haven't yet played at the next level. It will be interesting to see what you will be saying about guys like Mitchell and Steen in a few years if they don't produce. I wonder if you will be making coments like the one's your making about Druken. I also wonder what you thought of Druken while he played in the OHL for that very same team as Mitchell. Do you even go to any hockey games to see these guys play live.
I dislike lazy players who take up rosters spots with their one dimensional games. Harold Druken is 26 years old and he can't even crack the AHL as a regular without being scratched in favour of a career minor leaguer.

Old
03-10-2005, 08:32 PM
Frankie

Quote:
I also wonder what you thought of Druken while he played in the OHL for that very same team as Mitchell.
i can answer this. he would have hated druken because druken wasn't a leaf at the time.

Quote:
Do you even go to any hockey games to see these guys play live.
i'd say he hasn't seen a hockey game all season.

Old
03-10-2005, 08:35 PM
Frankie

Quote:
Steen has plenty of skill and will get more playing time and offensive ops in his ROOKIE season than Druken did this past year because he's a great two-way player and can be trusted.

He'll also play a physical role and gives it his all every game.
he has no skill offensively. destined to be a checking forward.

not even close to druken offensively. he's no threat to druken's spot in the lineup.

Old
03-10-2005, 08:42 PM
richardn

Quote:
I dislike lazy players who take up rosters spots with their one dimensional games.
Correct me if I am wrong here. But are you not a big fan of Nik Antropov. I think he fits this description pretty well as what you just said about Druken.

Old
03-10-2005, 08:57 PM
BuppY

If Steen does come over, he will be playing on the top 2 lines. He is a very good 2 way player and during the stretch run defensive players come in handy and he will be playing ahead of Druken if his transition is a good one to N.A. Druken is past his development stages, Leafs would like to see Steen developed and the best way to develop for a player is to play as much as possible.

Old
03-10-2005, 08:58 PM
Pulfy14

What about Petr Tenkrat?

Old
03-10-2005, 09:08 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong here. But are you not a big fan of Nik Antropov. I think he fits this description pretty well as what you just said about Druken.
Don't even try to compare a 25 year old NHL player who's at worst a 3rd liner to a career minor leaguer like Druken.

Old
03-10-2005, 09:09 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
he has no skill offensively. destined to be a checking forward.

not even close to druken offensively. he's no threat to druken's spot in the lineup.
No offensive skill?

http://img40.exs.cx/img40/6772/vba50a7adfa.gif

That is skill.

Old
03-11-2005, 12:40 AM
DaveyCrockett

Quote:
Nik isn't lazy or bad defensively. He is just slow and injury prone.

Old
03-11-2005, 08:29 AM
richardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyCrockett
Nik isn't lazy or bad defensively. He is just slow and injury prone.
"Nik isn't lazy or bad defensively" :lol .Nik is very lazy and he takes many shifts and nights off. Got to love the way Nik back checks. I don't count rapping your stick arround some one and letting them drag you down the ice as back checking. That is Nik's power forward game as well he uses his stick instead of his body, which is why he gets so many stupid penalties. Its a shame that some one his size has to use his stick rather then the hulking body he was blessed with. I can't wait for the day we finally trade the Big Slow away and cut our losses with him.

Old
03-11-2005, 08:56 AM
DaveyCrockett

Quote:
"Nik isn't lazy or bad defensively" :lol .Nik is very lazy and he takes many shifts and nights off. Got to love the way Nik back checks. I don't count rapping your stick arround some one and letting them drag you down the ice as back checking. That is Nik's power forward game as well he uses his stick instead of his body, which is why he gets so many stupid penalties. Its a shame that some one his size has to use his stick rather then the hulking body he was blessed with. I can't wait for the day we finally trade the Big Slow away and cut our losses with him.
If Nik were that lazy, with his natural skating ability, he would still be in Russia (as in never making the NHL).

Old
03-11-2005, 09:09 AM
Frankie

Quote:
No offensive skill?

http://img40.exs.cx/img40/6772/vba50a7adfa.gif

That is skill.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...id%5B%5D=62760

that's no skill.

you're showing us one move he made, where the defense is absolutely brutal. and this shows he's more skiled then druken? :lol

i've never seen such brutal defense in pro hockey. goes to show just how bad swedish hockey is. nobody even tried to stop him.

he tries that in the ahl and he's on his ass faster then you can say alexander steen.

Old
03-11-2005, 09:27 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...id%5B%5D=62760

that's no skill.

you're showing us one move he made, where the defense is absolutely brutal. and this shows he's more skiled then druken? :lol

i've never seen such brutal defense in pro hockey. goes to show just how bad swedish hockey is. nobody even tried to stop him.

he tries that in the ahl and he's on his ass faster then you can say alexander steen.
I thought you've watched the AHL for years, in St. John's.

I've seen just as bad in the few games I've seen this year. Or is Wellwood really that fast?

Old
03-11-2005, 09:50 PM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55
I thought you've watched the AHL for years, in St. John's.

I've seen just as bad in the few games I've seen this year. Or is Wellwood really that fast?
yeah, that's how bad it is in that clip. i've never seen it that bad in the ahl. at least they try to hit.

Old
03-11-2005, 09:54 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
yeah, that's how bad it is in that clip. i've never seen it that bad in the ahl. at least they try to hit.
And often miss because they suck ass.

Old
03-11-2005, 10:01 PM
Frankie

Quote:
And often miss because they suck ass.
not as bad as that swedish crowd.

Old
03-11-2005, 10:03 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
not as bad as that swedish crowd.
Still, they suck majorly.

That defense isn't tremendous, but the goal is still mighty impressive.

Old
03-11-2005, 10:09 PM
Frankie

Quote:
Still, they suck majorly.

That defense isn't tremendous, but the goal is still mighty impressive.
i guess it depends on who you're talking about and who you're comparing them to.

the defense on that goal is canadian bantam level.

Old
03-11-2005, 10:11 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
i guess it depends on who you're talking about and who you're comparing them to.

the defense on that goal is canadian bantam level.
If so, Harold Druken would still have a tough time getting through.

Closed Thread