HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Isles - YIKES

Old
01-29-2013, 09:38 PM
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

vCash: 500
+I am no longer named Kunitz

-I've missed Adventure Time the last few weeks

Randy Butternubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheKid8787 View Post
I think tonight was just a result of a team coming out terribly flat with the on going rework of the breakout/turnover systems. I mean even the PK which has been great was terrible tonight.

This team just needs a jolt. Coaches want to rest players cuz of this condensed schedule? I'd have them skating lines for the full 45 minutes tomorrow. You don't wanna skate in games? Well, were gonna do all our skating in practice then.
Bag skates can be a red flag to management that the team has quit on the coach. Those and player-only meetings. The one that's not in DB's control has already happened.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

DB doesn't have the answers. He'll have better ones later when he can watch the tape.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:39 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Butternubs View Post

Haha

Old
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru Kitsune View Post
...this is pathetic. Shut up, Dan.
not in market, give me a play-by-play?

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I guess I'm a sheep, because I don't think the roster is that bad... which is why I'm pissed
It's a good roster, but it could easily (and prolly should) be a great roster.

Ragamuffin Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Tippett would be unreal with this team. I wish there were some way it could happen but there isn't. He's not going to bail on PHX and Shero wouldn't ask him to. No idea when his contract is up but he would be ideal.

Tippett + Perry would = a Cup run every other year. No coach lasts forever (except Lindy Ruff) these days but he's as good as we could hope for with our team makeup.

KIRK: what the players say and what they DO are two different things. This was a sandbag effort tonight, no question. Don't need time to make that evaluation.
I'm right there with you. It was the second half of that Toronto game where Therrien was gone the next morning.

You know, it really doesn't matter what the players say or what Bylsma has done or anything else. You can't watch #87 and #71 right now and say they're buying a thing Bylsma has to say. And, at that point, it really doesn't matter what anyone thinks. #87 and #71 aren't buying, then Bylsma has to go stat.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
aSockalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz87 View Post
+Despres. Only player who bothered to show up tonight.

-Effort. ******* embarassing.

-Fleury. I know it wouldn't have mattered. But it's really getting old. I love the guy. I root for the guy so much. He can win a cup, he has proven that. But I have zero confidence in him and he looks like **** on goals that should be easy saves.

-Bylsma. Again, love the guy. Love for what he has done for this team. But it's not working anymore.

-Shero. Get off your *** and do something about this embarssment. We have THREE SKILLED forwards and NINE mother ******* grinders. ALL OF OUR GOALS come from the god damn same THREE players. We have all these wonderful defensive prospects, a 1st rounder. Do SOMETHING so Sid and Geno, you know YOUR BEST PLAYERS, have somebody to ******* pass to.

-Kunitz. Speaking of which, you SUCK. You're slow, you have no hands, no offensive creativity. When your contract is up, SEE YA. Overhyped third liner/2nd wheel getting to play with the best player in the world.
Nailed it bud.

This game really brought to light a lot of things for me. When you decide you need to go grab a bottle of liquor during the 2nd intermission, it's bad.
I've about had it with Bylsma, I think we all know why. I defended him for a while because of how he did so well initially, but with the talent down the middle on this team, he and Shero have honestly done a pretty ****** job. I'll tip my hat to Shero on Neal/Nisk and I do think the Sutter/Dumo/Pouliot trade was a great one, but come on man. We've got 14 and 9 with Sid, and ? with Geno. (For the record I'm all about 14-71-18, and ?-87-9)

I don't see this team going anywhere playing 4 capable forwards in the top 6. (Dupe > Kunitz for effort even though Kunitz is APPARENTLY more skilled), and the Niskanen injury HURTS BAD. He has been playing so ******* much higher than my and I'd guarantee everybody's expectations. Lovejoy needs to be moved and I'd like to see Bortuzzo get a shot.

aSockalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:40 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
no emotion. that's about it.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:

Haha, welcome aboard, Nubs.

Old
Hophog

Quote:
How about asking Disco to take some responsibility, reporters?
He looks and acts defeated. He's struggling with answers and it almost seems that he knows the end might be near. He really looked to be out of answers.

Hophog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
DB doesn't have the answers. He'll have better ones later when he can watch the tape.
I highly doubt that.

MrBurgundy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:41 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Just out of curiosity, what IS the process for bringing over a certain highly experienced coach from the K? Do you have to buy out his contract or give the team a transfer fee too like there is in soccer?

Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheKid8787 View Post
I think tonight was just a result of a team coming out terribly flat with the on going rework of the breakout/turnover systems. I mean even the PK which has been great was terrible tonight.

This team just needs a jolt. Coaches want to rest players cuz of this condensed schedule? I'd have them skating lines for the full 45 minutes tomorrow. You don't wanna skate in games? Well, were gonna do all our skating in practice then.
What Bylsma does no longer matters.

Old
Jaded-Fan

Good news though. The top prospect this year is a defenseman. Perfect time to tank because Shero would be drafting one anyways.

Jaded-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
I highly doubt that.
Yah, I probably should of added a sarcasm smiley to that one.

Old
Polaris Husky
The North Star

Quote:
Reporters asking a whole lot of nothing, and yet Bylsma still kind of looking like he's mentally already somewhere else, "I don't know"-ing his way through everything.

More or less.

It ends with him being asked who the PP is supposed to run through, and him shouting "KRISLETANG" as a single word, then beating a hasty retreat away from the podium.

Polaris Husky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:42 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
What Bylsma does no longer matters.
Congrats on the 10,000th post.

Classic KIRK post right there too.

Old
Guins71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
Ron Francis as GM? Hmmm. That is an intriguing thought. I see him more as GM material than coaching material, and I think he went back to being the ass't GM from ass't coach since last season.

This roster is good enough to win a Stanley Cup? Please. This roster is nothing like the '09 roster. Orpik, Cooke, Kunitz, Dupuis, Adams are all much older in hockey years than they were then, and less effective. We have no shutdown defense. A lot of our overall grit, toughness and ATTITUDE is gone. Our two superstars aren't playing like superstars. But even if they were, we have the same damn holes as we've always had. We haven't tweaked anything in four years. We just expect different results. Just cuz.

It should not be a novelty that Bylsma sucks. He's been getting out-coached for four years running. Old news. But beyond that, we have to get rid of this entire Nashville-oriented system. This blue-collar hockey is assinine with Crosby and Malkin and Letang on the roster. Start developing TALENT for christ's sake. All around the league, there's an infusion of youth and talent. We infuse Tanner Glass.

I see a Montreal team now with major ATTITUDE. That used to be us. We used to have team toughness. We used to push the play. We used to outskill teams AND outwork them. We have none of that now. We've lost so many key members of our Cup team, and kept around for too long so many others. That's on the GM, folks.

There is no easy fix, here. But we should start by getting rid of some of the '09 Cup residue. Goodbye, Craig Adams. So long, Brooks Orpik. Au revoir, Pascal Dupuis. Matt Cooke. Oh, and you're still mediocre at best, Marc-Andre Fleury.

I'm sorry, but this roster isn't Cup worthy. Take a snapshot of the entire league. Look at what the Bruins have. And what they have on the way. Look at what the Blackhawks have. And what they have on the way. Look at the Kings. Blues. Look at some of the up-and-coming teams. There are a LOT of rosters that have caught up to and surpassed ours.

But let's go on believing that we're a coaching change away from catching lightning in a bottle (again). Like there aren't 29 other franchises with Cup aspirations, too.

We're nowhere near a Cup. Hopefully, Mario sees this and acts accordingly (assuming it's his call to change GMs).

The Pens are no longer must-see TV, folks. We're just another recent Cup winner trying to hold onto old glory in foolish manner, thinking excuses got in the way of a potential dynasty.

It's not excuses. It's bad management, bad development and bad coaching. And that is NO excuse when you can start your roster building with 87 and 71. Absolutely no excuse.

Sorry Shero, but you're done in my book. Next man up.

This hit the nail on the head. Shero has drafted horribly. The system has no offensive skill. The followed the Nashville pattern while having the two best players in the world. Assinine. Nothing has changed in 4 years with this team despite early exits.

Guins71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
I highly doubt that.
i definitely doubt it.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Reporters asking a whole lot of nothing, and yet Bylsma still kind of looking like he's mentally already somewhere else, "I don't know"-ing his way through everything.

More or less.

It ends with him being asked who the PP is supposed to run through, and him shouting "KRISLETANG" as a single word, then beating a hasty retreat away from the podium.
LOL thanks

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:43 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Congrats on the 10,000th post.

Classic KIRK post right there too.
ROFL, I caught that. Short, sweet, and so apropos for the moment, no?

Old
01-29-2013, 09:43 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
ROFL, I caught that. Short, sweet, and so apropos for the moment, no?
I loved it.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:44 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:

Thanks for a needed chuckle. Nicely done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
Did he actually say that or are you referencing prior comments?

Quote:
I'm right there with you. It was the second half of that Toronto game where Therrien was gone the next morning.

You know, it really doesn't matter what the players say or what Bylsma has done or anything else. You can't watch #87 and #71 right now and say they're buying a thing Bylsma has to say. And, at that point, it really doesn't matter what anyone thinks. #87 and #71 aren't buying, then Bylsma has to go stat.
Pretty much. I saw some fire in Geno out there on a few shifts (still a **** game overall for him and almost every other player) (none from Sid), but clearly this was a cluster **** of ultimate proportions. Happens in hockey after things get bad enough. Time for heads to roll. Players too. This locker room needs to be shocked back into existence IMO.

Someone important needs to go, Orpik should lose his A even if not traded, as I said before... people need to understand that past success and "tenure" means dick.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:44 PM
SidTheKid8787

Maybe this was Evil Shero's plan.
Taking MacKinnon first overall and setting up his 3C model again.

SidTheKid8787 is offline   Reply With Quote