HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Game 7 | Montreal @ Ottawa | 7:00p, Scotiabank Place | Flu Shot Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2013, 10:14 AM
  #76
God Says No
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital O TEETEE 613 View Post
No news yet on Spezza...Not playing tonight though.
i have a bad feeling that this is more serious then being led on.

God Says No is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:15 AM
  #77
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,737
vCash: 500
Gui is doing his best Jonathan Cheechoo impression in terms of skating.

Hopefully he can improve or it's injury/illness related.

NyQuil is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:20 AM
  #78
Pangu
Registered User
 
Pangu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,530
vCash: 500
I don't know if this has mentioned, but as a scientist in the Faculty of Medicine at UofT I find the OP disconserting and offensive. There is absolutely no validity to the autism debate. Its a bunch of people that are killing children either through their ignorance or their persuit of money from phony 'alternatives'.

Just sayin'

Pangu is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:21 AM
  #79
Icelevel
little bit better
 
Icelevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Gui is doing his best Jonathan Cheechoo impression in terms of skating.

Hopefully he can improve or it's injury/illness related.
let's not go that far. there were games where cheechoo was a master forechecker. some people have bad memories. i will forever defend the cheechoo train. he was not as bad as people want to remember.

Icelevel is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:22 AM
  #80
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
let's not go that far. there were games where cheechoo was a master forechecker. some people have bad memories. i will forever defend the cheechoo train. he was not as bad as people want to remember.
I go to a lot of games.

I watched him quite closely.

Master forechecker? Most of the time the puck was gone by the time he got there.

Sad but true.

NyQuil is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:25 AM
  #81
Proust
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Gui is doing his best Jonathan Cheechoo impression in terms of skating.

Hopefully he can improve or it's injury/illness related.
I think that's his peak skating.

That said, I think there is always a role for a player of this type, and it is called the PP. The opposing crease is the perfect home for a player with silky soft hands and a big body.

The problem is that PP time is usually awarded to those who are playing well at ES.

This guy hasn't played in ages, and is going to need like 20 games to get back into it. My feeling is that he will be villified before then. I am cheering for him. The franchise could use a solid Québecois performer.

Proust is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:26 AM
  #82
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proust View Post
This guy hasn't played in ages, and is going to need like 20 games to get back into it. My feeling is that he will be villified before then.
It's a rough season to make it back into the league if you're not in shape.

NyQuil is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:26 AM
  #83
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Gui is doing his best Jonathan Cheechoo impression in terms of skating.

Hopefully he can improve or it's injury/illness related.
That's Fatendresse. He's not a good skater.

SergeConstantin74 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:38 AM
  #84
Proust
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,989
vCash: 500
Put him with Spezza and pretend he's Heatley.

Proust is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:38 AM
  #85
sensR4real
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
It's a rough season to make it back into the league if you're not in shape.
Please stop listening to everything Simpson says....

sensR4real is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:45 AM
  #86
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensR4real View Post
Please stop listening to everything Simpson says....
I was basing it on what I was seeing on the ice.

I have no idea what "Simpson" said.

NyQuil is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:52 AM
  #87
Nizzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 999
vCash: 500
Spezza is out line ups

MichalekTurrisAlfredsson
ZibanejadReginSilfverberg
Greening Smith Neil
Condra Obrien Daugs

Nizzy is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:55 AM
  #88
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,737
vCash: 500
I wasn't overly impressed with Regin last night.

I'd keep Z-Bad where he was, personally.

NyQuil is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:57 AM
  #89
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons
 
Ghost in the Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 9,024
vCash: 920
Spezza's back is probably the culprit.

Ghost in the Shell is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:04 AM
  #90
Liliaceae
Sens ♥
 
Liliaceae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,746
vCash: 500


Slow start tonight, but what an ending! Just had chicken parm, fingers still intact.



GO SENS GO!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
I wasn't overly impressed with Regin last night.

I'd keep Z-Bad where he was, personally.
When was the last time Regin was impressive? Maybe it's just me but I can't even remember..

Liliaceae is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:13 AM
  #91
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,193
vCash: 500
Regin had 13:26 of ice time. Its not like he's playing big minutes and sucking. He's more just out there to not hurt you.

If Latendresse didn't suck so bad, Greening should've been the one to sit tonight. That guy is just awful. Kills every play that nears his stick. I'm going to start playing a drinking game tonight where whenever Greening touches the puck you drink if he: a) turns it over b) goes offside c) just fumbles it and falls over. I'm gonna be cranked by 8:30.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:17 AM
  #92
JackBauer
Registered User
 
JackBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ottawa, Ont.
Posts: 2,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzy View Post
Spezza is out line ups

MichalekTurrisAlfredsson
ZibanejadReginSilfverberg
Greening Smith Neil
Condra Obrien Daugs
sorry, why are we messing with the Zibby-JOB-Condra line?

JackBauer is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:22 AM
  #93
Cujomi
De Leeuw Ziel
 
Cujomi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,066
vCash: 500
Greening hasn't been that bad come on.

Also the lines I'd like to see since Spezza is still out:

Michalek - Turris - Condra
Silfverberg - Zibanejad - Alfredsson
Daugavins - O'Brien - Regin
Greening - Smith - Neil

Cujomi is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:24 AM
  #94
Johnny Hanson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,214
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Regin had 13:26 of ice time. Its not like he's playing big minutes and sucking. He's more just out there to not hurt you.

If Latendresse didn't suck so bad, Greening should've been the one to sit tonight. That guy is just awful. Kills every play that nears his stick. I'm going to start playing a drinking game tonight where whenever Greening touches the puck you drink if he: a) turns it over b) goes offside c) just fumbles it and falls over. I'm gonna be cranked by 8:30.
I really want to like greening but I have to agree with you. And he sucks at playing physical, too. Too aprehensive when he's hitting people

Johnny Hanson is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:30 AM
  #95
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Hanson View Post
I really want to like greening but I have to agree with you. And he sucks at playing physical, too. Too aprehensive when he's hitting people
If he would actually use his body then all would be forgiven. Big bodies who skate well AND crush skulls are useful. Guys like Greening who won't finish their checks and have no skill to speak of are useless. There's just no aggression in this so-called power forward's game. Cut him loose, I say. If only Hoffman and Stone weren't injured. *Sigh* Daugavins will do for now.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:34 AM
  #96
operasen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzy View Post
Spezza is out line ups

MichalekTurrisAlfredsson
ZibanejadReginSilfverberg
Greening Smith Neil
Condra Obrien Daugs
Interesting group. KDaug played well last week. O'Brien has been strong of late and Condra has stamina.

Wish it was Turris centring the 2nd line just to see what it could be.

operasen is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:36 AM
  #97
Kev9090
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 70
vCash: 500
hey guys, how the parking work at the soctiabank, do i have to buy it online or i can just pay for the parking at the scotiabank ?

Thanks for the info

Kev9090 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:39 AM
  #98
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar
 
PeterSidorkiewicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Michigan
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 15,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
I was basing it on what I was seeing on the ice.

I have no idea what "Simpson" said.
Simpsons said it Simpsons said it!

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:42 AM
  #99
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev9090 View Post
hey guys, how the parking work at the soctiabank, do i have to buy it online or i can just pay for the parking at the scotiabank ?

Thanks for the info
Bring $12.

Some lots require special passes.

NyQuil is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:44 AM
  #100
General Granny*
 
General Granny*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 986
vCash: 500
DaCosta should be called up if Spezza is out long term.

He should be a better option as the #2 center than Regin.

General Granny* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.