HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jaden Schwartz

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2013, 01:22 PM
  #1
Halak Ness Monster
Registered User
 
Halak Ness Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 1,007
vCash: 500
Jaden Schwartz

I'm not saying Schwartz is available in reality but the Blues top 9 is pretty stacked and we have Rattie and Jaskin on the way.

We're still looking for a long term partner for Pietrangelo. Redden and Cole have done nicely so far but the Blues would likely prefer someone else.

Could Schwartz be moved for a guy like Brandon Gormley, Tim Erixon, or Luca Sbisa? I realize all of these guys are pretty unproven to not proven at all. However, I have no idea what veteran NHL d-men are actually available. JayBo is but I certainly wouldn't give up Schwartz. I doubt JayBo is even much of a step up from what we've seen from Redden.

Halak Ness Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:34 PM
  #2
letowskie
Registered User
 
letowskie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: In your worst nighmare
Posts: 2,990
vCash: 500
As we said before, we can possibly see a deal involving Schwartz and Gormley.

In order for the Coyotes to have some motivation to go ahead with the deal, the Blues would need to add a bit more to sweeten the pot a bit. It is most likely in the form of another relatively young and NHL experienced forward that is capable of playing scoring line duty. Schwartz may or may not be ready this season, but the Yotes will take all the help they can get in the top-9.

Ideally, it would be something like Berglund/Steen + Schwartz for Gormley + Stone/Murphy/combination of picks. But the more realist one is probably simply adding Desgostini, who seems to be useless to St.L anyways right now. Schwartz + Desgostini for Gormley would probably be a nice starter.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:35 PM
  #3
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!
 
Stealth JD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Safari Motor Motel
Country: United States
Posts: 6,232
vCash: 500
Maybe merge? http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1333843

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:38 PM
  #4
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment
 
JustOneB4IDie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: St. Louis MO
Country: United States
Posts: 3,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halak Ness Monster View Post
I'm not saying Schwartz is available in reality but the Blues top 9 is pretty stacked and we have Rattie and Jaskin on the way.

We're still looking for a long term partner for Pietrangelo. Redden and Cole have done nicely so far but the Blues would likely prefer someone else.

Could Schwartz be moved for a guy like Brandon Gormley, Tim Erixon, or Luca Sbisa? I realize all of these guys are pretty unproven to not proven at all. However, I have no idea what veteran NHL d-men are actually available. JayBo is but I certainly wouldn't give up Schwartz. I doubt JayBo is even much of a step up from what we've seen from Redden.
JayBo makes too much $$$$$

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:50 PM
  #5
Grimlore
Registered User
 
Grimlore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halak Ness Monster View Post
I'm not saying Schwartz is available in reality but the Blues top 9 is pretty stacked and we have Rattie and Jaskin on the way.
I would not deal Schwartz because Rattie and/or Jaskin is on the way. Schwartz has a much higher chance to be effective at the NHL level. I really wouldn't move JS right now for a defender. We are stacked now, but haven't suffered any injuries and we still don't know if McDonald will resign with us in the Offseason. Depending on how that plays out, I would consider trading for a Dman.


Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
As we said before, we can possibly see a deal involving Schwartz and Gormley.

In order for the Coyotes to have some motivation to go ahead with the deal, the Blues would need to add a bit more to sweeten the pot a bit. It is most likely in the form of another relatively young and NHL experienced forward that is capable of playing scoring line duty. Schwartz may or may not be ready this season, but the Yotes will take all the help they can get in the top-9.

Ideally, it would be something like Berglund/Steen + Schwartz for Gormley + Stone/Murphy/combination of picks. But the more realist one is probably simply adding Desgostini, who seems to be useless to St.L anyways right now. Schwartz + Desgostini for Gormley would probably be a nice starter.
I don't mind this trade, but the + would certainly not be Berglund or Steen. I'm not sure Gormley is that much ahead of Schwartz in value to be honest. I would package D'Ags to complete this trade though.

Grimlore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:09 PM
  #6
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!
 
bluemandan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdadanny View Post
I don't mind this trade, but the + would certainly not be Berglund or Steen. I'm not sure Gormley is that much ahead of Schwartz in value to be honest. I would package D'Ags to complete this trade though.
This. The difference between Gormley and Schwartz is much, much smaller than the difference between Berlund and Stone.

Schwartz & D'Agostini for Gormley & a fourth liner (not Torres) or a third would be a lot closer to fair value for both teams.


Simon Despres has been a named mentioned before as well, though I think Pittsburgh would want someone a bit more established than Schwartz.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:44 PM
  #7
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name
 
Marlo Stanfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,865
vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
This. The difference between Gormley and Schwartz is much, much smaller than the difference between Berlund and Stone.

Schwartz & D'Agostini for Gormley & a fourth liner (not Torres) or a third would be a lot closer to fair value for both teams.


Simon Despres has been a named mentioned before as well, though I think Pittsburgh would want someone a bit more established than Schwartz.
Always thought Pittsburgh matched up well as a trade partner with em. Most logical as well cause they're not in the same conference.

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:52 PM
  #8
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!
 
bluemandan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post
Always thought Pittsburgh matched up well as a trade partner with em. Most logical as well cause they're not in the same conference.
Yup. But after their performance in the playoffs last season they might be a bit hesitant to trade away defense, even if its just a prospect.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:09 PM
  #9
Halak Ness Monster
Registered User
 
Halak Ness Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 1,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdadanny View Post
I would not deal Schwartz because Rattie and/or Jaskin is on the way. Schwartz has a much higher chance to be effective at the NHL level. I really wouldn't move JS right now for a defender. We are stacked now, but haven't suffered any injuries and we still don't know if McDonald will resign with us in the Offseason. Depending on how that plays out, I would consider trading for a Dman.
Our offensive depth is much better than our defensive depth.

What happens if Jackman gets hurt? Or Russell? The defense is fine now but it "hasn't suffered any injuries."

Yeah Schwartz has a better chance to be a much more effective NHL player than Rattie or Jaskin but Tim Erixon and Brandon Gormley have better chances to be effective NHL players than Brett Ponich, Joel Edmundson, and maybe even Ian Cole.

As for Schwartz for Gormley, the difference isn't as big as the one person made it out to be.

And I thought about Simon Despres. Always been a big fan. Not quite as confident in him being a partner for Petro. At least more than Ian Cole.

Halak Ness Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.