HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Neckbeards 3, Adonises 0: Cody McLeod falls face-first into an incline press

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 04:32 PM
arsmaster
semantic romantic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post
I hope so, I just dont know if the best approach, its spreading to tsn and sportsnet, i hear james duthie frequently bringing it up as well as sportsnet. No doubt this will be dissected by more then just canucks media.
What does that matter?

Short Answer: It doesn't.

Who cares what the media outlets say, obviously none of them have any idea what's going on in the room.

Hell, TSN nightly tries to make it seem like Roberto is going to one day snap and walk out on the team.

They're just talking heads.....what they say means nothing.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:35 PM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
What does that matter?

Short Answer: It doesn't.

Who cares what the media outlets say, obviously none of them have any idea what's going on in the room.

Hell, TSN nightly tries to make it seem like Roberto is going to one day snap and walk out on the team.

They're just talking heads.....what they say means nothing.
I am not saying it is destroying the team, i am saying that is your opinion, and maybe some players get tired of the questions and tired of hearing about it, and it could become a distraction.

Just maybe not everyone views the media like you do as something you filter out and dont let it bother you ever.

Look at josh gorges comments about the pk situation today, the media can fuel things into becoming a distraction....

Last edited by Orca Smash: 01-30-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old
01-30-2013, 04:36 PM
TTOMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieksallent View Post
There's no way this commercial is from 1992, because I know I've never seen this one, and because the airline they're flying was absorbed by Canadian Airlines in 1989.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:38 PM
Flik
Canucks fan for life

vCash: 50
Don't care who is in net for us tonight, I like both goalies. Just ****ing win.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:39 PM
arsmaster
semantic romantic

Quote:
I am not saying it is destroying the team, i am saying that is your opinion, and maybe some players get tired of the questions and tired of hearing about it, and it could become a distraction.

Just maybe not everyone views the media like you do as something you filter out and dont let it bother you ever.

Look at josh georges comments about the pk situation today....
Professional athletes shouldn't.....there is no distraction for the players, they've been playing with two good goalies for 2 years.

If you haven't noticed, any fart coming out one our goalies butt's makes headline on tsn and sportsnet, who starts tonight changes nothing.

off topic - Josh Gorges lost a little respect from me with his comments last night. Came off like a complete turd.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:40 PM
OgoBoHo
FIRE BENNING

vCash: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flik View Post
Don't care who is in net for us tonight, I like both goalies. Just ****ing win.
Nope. Not allowed. Pick one or the other to like, and hate the other. You can't leave this thread until you decide. Go.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:41 PM
Benjo

Who cares about the guy between the pipes when a majority of the skaters are playing like garbage right now.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:44 PM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Professional athletes shouldn't.....there is no distraction for the players, they've been playing with two good goalies for 2 years.

If you haven't noticed, any fart coming out one our goalies butt's makes headline on tsn and sportsnet, who starts tonight changes nothing.

off topic - Josh Gorges lost a little respect from me with his comments last night. Came off like a complete turd.
Look im not arguing what you believe professional athletes should do, all im saying is I think av could handle how he approaches the goalie situation a bit better to the media, maybe im wrong, and hes handled it fine, but its just my opinion.

Im also not arguing how athletes should handle it, or wether media speculation effects them, none of us have any idea, I believe it does become a distraction, you dont seem to.

Old
arsmaster
semantic romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjo View Post
who cares about the guy between the pipes when a majority of the skaters are playing like garbage right now.
exactamundo benjo!

Old
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Either he was a turd or PK really is difficult to be around.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:47 PM
BrandonL

Enough with the goalie controversy, can we focus on what really matters?

How much longer until we see Andrew Ebbett reclaim his rightful spot on the second PK unit?

Old
01-30-2013, 04:48 PM
arsmaster
semantic romantic

Quote:
Look im not arguing what you believe professional athletes should do, all im saying is I think av could handle how he approaches the goalie situation a bit better.

Im not arguing how athletes should handle it, or wether media speculation effects them, none of us have any idea, I believe it does become a distraction, you dont seem to.
That is what you're arguing though essentially, you're arguing that national media is picking up on this 'story' or lacktherof, making a mountain out of a mole hill out of it, and seem to think since TSN picks it up, it completely alters the situation.

Like if it only made news in Vancouver it would be a different story....any thing said in Vancouver or written by a writer in Vancouver gets National publicity right now, because this is a big NHL story. Plain and simple.

The management and coaching staff don't feel this story is affecting the dressing room and until they do, I'm with them.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:49 PM
Orca Smash

Quote:
That is what you're arguing though essentially, you're arguing that national media is picking up on this 'story' or lacktherof, making a mountain out of a mole hill out of it, and seem to think since TSN picks it up, it completely alters the situation.

Like if it only made news in Vancouver it would be a different story....any thing said in Vancouver or written by a writer in Vancouver gets National publicity right now, because this is a big NHL story. Plain and simple.

The management and coaching staff don't feel this story is affecting the dressing room and until they do, I'm with them.
Ok thats fine, your arguing your fine with it, im arguing av is not helping the goalie situation, clearly we have differing opinions on this. And i never said tsn picks it up it alters it, your putting words in my mouth, i was responding to someone who said av's approach to the goalie situation is to troll vancouver media. I simply pointed out it has reached national headlines, that is all.

Lets move on.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:54 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
Not that it's a big deal but I think this is deviation from the plan. If the plan was to play Cory against the Hawks you would have though Lu would have gone against SJ and Colorado tonight and Cory would have gotten the LA start.

but then again, after the tight schedule we kind of get a couple breathers inbetween and I imagine Cory will (or would have) gotten most if not all of those for a while.
With the schedule this tight 1 game off is barely a rest. Playing Luongo in back to backs is better for Cory (more rest) and better for Luongo (more games to keep sharp).

Old
01-30-2013, 04:56 PM
arsmaster
semantic romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
Either he was a turd or PK really is difficult to be around.
Josh Gorges rode being paired with PK the last two years into a 6 year contract for what essentially is a 15 point/yr defensman.

It's absolutely ridiculous for someone who is a leader of the team to not welcome back a teammate.

I mean, how hard is it to say: happy to have a good player back.

Just a lack of leadership, from a guy, I expected to exude leadership.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:00 PM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Josh Gorges rode being paired with PK the last two years into a 6 year contract for what essentially is a 15 point/yr defensman.

It's absolutely ridiculous for someone who is a leader of the team to not welcome back a teammate.

I mean, how hard is it to say: happy to have a good player back.

Just a lack of leadership, from a guy, I expected to exude leadership.
Now this i agree with.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:05 PM
Moore Money

what channel is this game on? dont see it on shaw programming.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:07 PM
opendoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
Not that it's a big deal but I think this is deviation from the plan. If the plan was to play Cory against the Hawks you would have though Lu would have gone against SJ and Colorado tonight and Cory would have gotten the LA start.

but then again, after the tight schedule we kind of get a couple breathers inbetween and I imagine Cory will (or would have) gotten most if not all of those for a while.
I think that was the plan until Schneider put up a shutout vs. Anaheim. After that they switched the SJ/LAK starts around while keeping the rest intact. At least that's what makes sense to me.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:07 PM
OgoBoHo
FIRE BENNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
what channel is this game on? dont see it on shaw programming.
Sportsnet.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:10 PM
cutcopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonlee View Post

How much longer until we see Andrew Ebbett reclaim his rightful spot on the second PK unit?
you like ebbett on the pk? really? but yeah, who cares who starts in goal. At least the team doesn't have to rely on the likes of bryzgalov, reimer and ****.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:10 PM
opendoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonlee View Post

Never. The 1st PK unit is where he belongs.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:15 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Lu should get some games in now. When he is traded, Schneider will need to be a work horse for the rest of the season no doubt. Besides, nobody is going to trade heavy assets for a player that is riding the pine every night and is cold. We need to get him some game action. Giving both of our goalies a couple in a row is smart, now Schneider gets a full 4 nights off in a row.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:37 PM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Lu should get some games in now. When he is traded, Schneider will need to be a work horse for the rest of the season no doubt. Besides, nobody is going to trade heavy assets for a player that is riding the pine every night and is cold. We need to get him some game action. Giving both of our goalies a couple in a row is smart, now Schneider gets a full 4 nights off in a row.
I would argue that roberto played a great showcase game monday already, and if you want to show faith in cory as your new number 1, you need to firmly cement that giving him most of these starts.

Lou will have time to showcase himself, I dont think there is anything imminent, and its not like roberto has anything to prove, everyone knows what he brings even if he is sitting some games out. He has had 6 strong years in the league already. This is not like when we needed to showcase cory last year who was a brand new goalie nobody really knew about.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:38 PM
DL44

You know who's loving all this goalie talk?

- Hamhuis, Garrison, and Edler.
- The PK
- Lapierre
- Sedins

Old
01-30-2013, 05:41 PM
OgoBoHo
FIRE BENNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL44 View Post
You know who's loving all this goalie talk?

- Hamhuis, Garrison, and Edler.
- The PK
- Lapierre
- Sedins
Whole team loves this goalie talk, except Schneider and Luongo, of course. While Tanev and Ballard really don't care either way, cause they're awesome.

Closed Thread