HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

James Reimer Discussion Thread.

Old
02-07-2013, 08:25 PM
firstemperor

vCash: 500
For me, the difference between Bernier and Reimer isn't some underlying variable of pressure, defensive system, type of team up front, etc. etc.

It just comes down to talent. And I feel Bernier is by far the superior talent, lots of untapped upside.

firstemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 08:40 PM
Philkessel

Reimer does look better but can someone tell me something reimer is above average in at this point in time?

Philkessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 08:47 PM
Warden of the North
Global Moderator
The Matthews Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philkessel View Post
Reimer does look better but can someone tell me something reimer is above average in at this point in time?
Leafs goaltending in the past decade?

Warden of the North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Philkessel

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Leafs goaltending in the past decade?
what does that have to do with anything so we should be excited that he is better then the worst?

Old
02-07-2013, 09:00 PM
James Reimer
I Stop Pucks

Thanks for all the praise boys. I do what I can

James Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:01 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Reimer looks great tonight and has looked very well this year. Looks much more comfortable in the crease. Glad to see it; for both us and him!

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:02 PM
Philkessel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
Reimer looks great tonight and has looked very well this year. Looks much more comfortable in the crease. Glad to see it; for both us and him!
i agree

Old
02-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Warden of the North
Global Moderator
The Matthews Show

Quote:
what does that have to do with anything so we should be excited that he is better then the worst?
A joke man, lol

Old
02-07-2013, 09:12 PM
cloak

leafs clearly should go after jonas hiller.

cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:04 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstemperor View Post
For me, the difference between Bernier and Reimer isn't some underlying variable of pressure, defensive system, type of team up front, etc. etc.

It just comes down to talent. And I feel Bernier is by far the superior talent, lots of untapped upside.
Bernier is a midget goalie like Toskaka was .
And really, if Bernier was with Toronto for 6 years, would anyone think highly if him like they do with him being in LA?

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:08 PM
achtungbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Bernier is a midget goalie like Toskaka was .
And really, if Bernier was with Toronto for 6 years, would anyone think highly if him like they do with him being in LA?
Get a clue for 1000 Alex.

achtungbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:27 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Reimer has been solid, really liking his play after he was almost ruined last year.

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:29 PM
FireEverybody*

Quote:
Average goaltending is something we should be shooting for at this point.

FireEverybody* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:29 PM
Crispy Crust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Reimer has been solid, really liking his play after he was almost ruined last year.
Yeah Reimer looks great this year.

Crispy Crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:32 PM
Roboholic

Quote:
How about stopping the puck? He's very solid and occasionally comes up with a big save, also occasionally lets in a softie but every goalie does that.

This isn't directed at you OP, I'm venting. But I'm not sure why so many people feel that a goaltenders stats are not affected by the team playing in front of him. Throw Reimer on Boston or Vancouver and he's a very good if not great goalie. This team has hung goalies out to dry in the past, offering up really high percentage scoring chances.

You have to look no further than St.Louis last year, is Brian Elliot really that good? Did he all of a sudden figure it out? Or was St.Louis playing a really good defensive game. Halak also put up great numbers on that same team.

There obviously exceptions and some goalies over the years have stood out on underwhelming teams. It you're expecting that I would tell you to lower your expectations, it's rare.

You need a goalie that can get you into the playoffs and potentially get hot, Reimer can do that if the teams plays well in front of him.

Roboholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:38 PM
Warden of the North
Global Moderator
The Matthews Show

Another solid game by Reimer

Old
02-08-2013, 06:26 AM
The Kessel Run

Reimer just looks very comfortable right now. I don't feel like I'm going to throw up when he's starting and that's worth a lot.

The Kessel Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 07:16 AM
Rude Dog

There are times including the Jets 2nd goal where he makes himself look 4 feet tall. He crouches down to take away from the bottom of the net but leaves the entire upper part exposed. Can't argue at all with his 920 save percentage. It's been a long tiime since we can say that. But he needs to get that under control before I am a true believer. No way that 1st goal should have hit the top corner from that angle as well.

Rude Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 07:19 AM
X66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rude Dog View Post
There are times including the Jets 2nd goal where he makes himself look 4 feet tall. He crouches down to take away from the bottom of the net but leaves the entire upper part exposed. Can't argue at all with his 920 save percentage. It's been a long tiime since we can say that. But he needs to get that under control before I am a true believer. No way that 1st goal should have hit the top corner from that angle as well.
To be fair, that second goal got deflected top corner in a hurry. I think he was playing the original shot.

X66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 07:29 AM
HarrisonFord
Mindawakebodyasleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rude Dog View Post
I can tell you right now that he had no chance on that shot. He correctly identified it as going low on the original shot, it got tipped up high incredibly fast, and was an incredibly lucky re-direct. I dont think any goalie makes that save on purpose

HarrisonFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 07:31 AM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReimerForPM View Post
I can tell you right now that he had no chance on that shot. He correctly identified it as going low on the original shot, it got tipped up high incredibly fast, and was an incredibly lucky re-direct. I dont think any goalie makes that save on purpose
This.

You can also see he's fighting to see the puck through traffic. He didn't have a chance on that shot.

Reimer is looking better every game. I am extremely pleased with his play. Very smart of Carlyle to go with Scrivens at the start of the year!

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 07:33 AM
TheCLAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReimerForPM View Post
Yea I totally agree, anyone who has actually played hockey know its a game of inches. Reimer was in good position, it was a perfect tip that left him on the wrong end. It happens

TheCLAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Auston Marlander
I was in the pool!!

vCash: 50
He is winning game, and that's what matters. The only thing I don't like is when he oses the puck for a second he freezes and holds it for too long. Most other goalies look for the puck, he shrugs and hopes it has gone out or is in his equipment. So far hasn't lead to a goal, but sooner or later I see it losing us 1 game.

That said, still a big fan!

Auston Marlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:24 AM
Auston Marlander
I was in the pool!!

Just realized he is ahead of Lundqvist in SV% and tied with him for GAA. Makes me feel better.

Auston Marlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:36 AM
Pi

People that criticize him for the 2nd goal, look at it properly...Enstrom's shot was very low, Ladd deflected and it went to the top corner.

Reimer can't account for a deflection on a shot with that much velocity.

Both the goals this game that Reimer was beat on was no problem at all. 2 on 1 with a great shot, and a deflection.

Reimer has been terrific IMO. He may have had a bad period or two, but he's never had a bad game yet.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote