HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any interest in Jason Demers?

Old
03-20-2013, 10:56 PM
chrisclark110

vCash: 500
Any interest in Jason Demers?

Sharks fan coming in peace. I have family in SC so i have the pleasure of watching Canes games when I come down to visit(even been to a couple and some Checkers games) and I saw the Faulk injury in a game where half the blue line got banged up.

Just wondering if there's any interest in a young PMD from Carolina.
He has been a healthy scratch for at least half the games because for some reason our coach plays Douglas Murrary, the most useless defensemen in hockey right now.

When he is on the ice, he is a difference maker, even scored in his first game back after sitting like 14 games out.

Faulk may only be out a couple of weeks but Demers could fill his role and be great for your blueline in the future.

He is an RFA at the end of this year though.

He helps our team so much we just refuse to play him so I would rather get something out of him then nothing.

Part of a package for Top 9 forward who is shoot first? not sure exactly who you guys could give up.
Probaly take prospects or picks too if it comes to it
Sharks shopping Ryane Clowe also

chrisclark110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 01:57 PM
jeromeo87

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisclark110 View Post
Sharks fan coming in peace. I have family in SC so i have the pleasure of watching Canes games when I come down to visit(even been to a couple and some Checkers games) and I saw the Faulk injury in a game where half the blue line got banged up.

Just wondering if there's any interest in a young PMD from Carolina.
He has been a healthy scratch for at least half the games because for some reason our coach plays Douglas Murrary, the most useless defensemen in hockey right now.

When he is on the ice, he is a difference maker, even scored in his first game back after sitting like 14 games out.

Faulk may only be out a couple of weeks but Demers could fill his role and be great for your blueline in the future.

He helps our team so much we just refuse to play him so I would rather get something out of him then nothing.

Part of a package for Top 9 forward who is shoot first? not sure exactly who you guys could give up.
Probaly take prospects or picks too if it comes to it
Sharks shopping Ryane Clowe also
Demers and Clowe are two types of players the Canes need. As far as who we may give up: LaRose, Sanguinetti, maybe even McBain, maybe Jokinen, Dalpe..any picks, I suppose..

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 02:50 PM
urho

vCash: 695
Demers played for my hometown team Kärpät during lockout and he was magnificent for our team. When he left, he had already taken position as the most important player in our roster (and we had had J.Jokinen, Kyle Turris...).

I'd be more than interested if he was available. I really hope we are after him but I do have some doubts about that...

urho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 02:54 PM
Obi Wan LaRosie

Send a message via AIM to Obi Wan LaRosie Send a message via Yahoo to Obi Wan LaRosie
WE will take both of them!

No idea how that would happen though. Canes need D and need some toughness in a player that ALSO has some offensive upside. Not the usual Westgarth answer to toughness.

Obi Wan LaRosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:48 PM
chrisclark110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosetache View Post
WE will take both of them!

No idea how that would happen though. Canes need D and need some toughness in a player that ALSO has some offensive upside. Not the usual Westgarth answer to toughness.
The only thing with Clowe is getting him to play like he used to, fight in front of the net, etc. He has been Logan Coutures bodyguard for a while and could do the same for a guy like Skinner.
I think a Larose+2nd for Clowe would help both teams. Am I way off with that?

Demers is a stud but I have the feeling he will be the odd man out, unless Murrary or Boyle leaves.

I saw someone mention Murray on this board... Don't do it!
Skates like he's wearing cement blocks and useless past his own blue line.

With the depth we have(Vlassic, Burns, Boyle, Stuart, Irwin, Murray) it should make either Demers or Justin Braun expendable.
And Braun is getting more minutes and we are higher on him.

Give us some bottom six shoot first speedy guy and I'd trade either of those two in a heartbeat.
We need scoring depth badly.

Hope Ward makes a complete and speedy recovery!

Old
03-21-2013, 06:07 PM
Lazyking
Never Forget

As a Canes fan as well as a Sharks fan, I'd be more then happy with Demers. I'd give Bowman and a second for em.. he's speedy and likes to shoot.. isn't really good at his shot tho.

Lazyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:03 PM
chrisclark110

Thought about it some more and came up with Ryane Clowe+Jason Demers for Jokinen+1st+Dalpe?

Old
03-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Lazyking
Never Forget

Quote:
Thought about it some more and came up with Ryane Clowe+Jason Demers for Jokinen+1st+Dalpe?

I wouldn't trade a first away for those two. Sharks would make out on that deal even if it's just the first that's worth anything.

Old
03-23-2013, 01:27 PM
chrisclark110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
I wouldn't trade a first away for those two. Sharks would make out on that deal even if it's just the first that's worth anything.
Just shows you how ridiculously overrated prospects and picks are on hf.
I could understand not giving up jussi and a 1st but not giving one first for both...
How many first round picks don't pan out Demers is a stud and your blue line needs help.
Guess westgarth fills the toughness with scoring upside for your top 9... Oh wait.
Clowe sucks anyways because he's 30 right?

You'd be lucky to get a player to devolp to the level of either of them after drafting a player.

Ridiculous

Old
03-23-2013, 02:37 PM
FlyingSquirrels

What's ridiculous is "assuming" that all first round picks will be a bust because a few are, and consequently trading them all away.

FlyingSquirrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 03:48 PM
MD
#woofwoof

You come to our board asking if we want two of your players. You make a proposal that does not go over well and then go on to tell us how we over value our players and undervalue yours. Seems about right...Classic HF trade thread.

MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 04:19 PM
StormCast

Quote:
Demers is a stud and your blue line needs help.
The D corps does need help but why would Carolina part with a 1st round pick (for the 2nd straight year) in a deal centered on Demers, another PMD. The Canes already have an overabundance of PMD's. So though I like Clowe, though he doesn't seem to be the same guy as a couple years ago, I don't see how this addresses the primary need. Murray would be a better fit but not for that package in return.

StormCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 04:28 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

vCash: 1505
Quote:
Just shows you how ridiculously overrated prospects and picks are on hf.
I could understand not giving up jussi and a 1st but not giving one first for both...
How many first round picks don't pan out Demers is a stud and your blue line needs help.
Guess westgarth fills the toughness with scoring upside for your top 9... Oh wait.
Clowe sucks anyways because he's 30 right?

You'd be lucky to get a player to devolp to the level of either of them after drafting a player.

Ridiculous
This is the funniest post of the year. Seriously dude?

You make a "proposal," and I assume you know that none of us have any say in the Canes front office, correct? Then, when one of us says that we wouldn't do that trade you take it personally? What's the point of even asking our opinion then, if you're going to assume we'd take the trade and get all ******** when someone doesn't like it?

Oh, and Demers clearly isn't a "stud", as he can't even crack your lineup. Even if he has value and he's being misused "studs" crack NHL lineups, that's the way it is.

And you're right, the reason Ryan Clowe sucks ISN'T because he's 30. It's because he hasn't scored a goal this year.

Last edited by Anton Dubinchuk: 03-23-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Anton Dubinchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 06:03 PM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

vCash: 50
We aren't trading a 1st round pick for the players described. Try offering a player who isn't a regular healthy scratch or has scored a goal this season. Like it or not, stuff like that does affect trade value.

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 06:37 PM
Mr America

I could be in the minority, but I'd trade every Canes player mentioned in this thread, except Skinner/Faulk for Clowe and Demer in a heartbeat!

Mr America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 08:20 PM
chrisclark110

Demers is scratched for god knows why, I guess he's in the doghouse with ownership.
Sorry if that post seemed hostile, my bad guys :/
Just saying clowe+demers for 1st round pick is not a bad deal.
And I know we all have no say in this but it's fun to talk about

My bad guys!

When demers was on the ice we outshot Detroit 22 to 5 and when he wasn't on wee got outshot.

Joe Pavelski, Dan Boyle, Micheal Handzus(sucks I know) are probably available too btw

Old
03-24-2013, 11:05 AM
Lazyking
Never Forget

The Canes traded a first round pick, a young third line centerr that was helping them and a dman that would likely be playing now for them for JStaal.

I like Demers and he should be playing but trading a first for him just makes no sense. I'd even agree that Clowe with a change of scenery could be better but it's too much of risk imo.

A second and a better prospect for Demers sounds more doable.