HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers at Coyotes || Overcoming Tippett's Trappers || 7:30 p.m. MDT

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2013, 12:28 PM
  #51
sdeol44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeDrag83 View Post
Says SNET-W on the Oilers website. Maybe it's SNET-Oilers, and there's just a mistake in information.
It is listed on SNET-W on my telus tv box

sdeol44 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:30 PM
  #52
oilers89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Medicine Hat
Posts: 713
vCash: 500
okay.. im with shaw so not sure why it isnt listed but hopefully it is on.

oilers89 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:32 PM
  #53
sdeol44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers89 View Post
okay.. im with shaw so not sure why it isnt listed but hopefully it is on.
it will be.. just looked in the Journal where the tv listings are , it listed on there for shaw as well

sdeol44 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:36 PM
  #54
oilers89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Medicine Hat
Posts: 713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdeol44 View Post
it will be.. just looked in the Journal where the tv listings are , it listed on there for shaw as well
alright thanks! appreaciate it.

oilers89 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:37 PM
  #55
ToeMcDrag83
5-14-6-1
 
ToeMcDrag83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,653
vCash: 500
Mediocre at best GDT is complete

Predictions:

-Justin Schultz with a 3 point night
-Hartikainen goal
-Dubnyk lets in 2 goals
-RNH has best game of the year so far
-Hall also has one of the goals

ToeMcDrag83 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:45 PM
  #56
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 32,472
vCash: 2627
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers
RT @Bob_Stauffer Fistric, Hordichuk and Peckham last 3 on ice...likely no changes to Oilers line-up

joestevens29 is online now  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:49 PM
  #57
The Nuge
Global Moderator
We don't suck?
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,961
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers
RT @Bob_Stauffer Fistric, Hordichuk and Peckham last 3 on ice...likely no changes to Oilers line-up
hopefully that means we see Fistric next game

The Nuge is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:52 PM
  #58
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lord of HFBOARDS
Country: United Nations
Posts: 74,934
vCash: 9240
looking forward to the game-- good little distraction during my 12 hour workshift--drives my assistants crazy that I listen to the game while at work

__________________
**Avatar approved by the powers that be***

I am the KING of Alternative Facts as any hockey fan is
jumptheshark is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 01:00 PM
  #59
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,779
vCash: 50
Potter isn't necessary on the team anymore.

lakai17 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 01:02 PM
  #60
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Potter isn't necessary on the team anymore.
Was he ever?

Mr Forever is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 01:06 PM
  #61
x GreatKeith
Grand Dad?!
 
x GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 29,523
vCash: 50
Hopefully we don't get pre-empted for ****ing soccer again.

x GreatKeith is online now  
Old
01-30-2013, 01:06 PM
  #62
Johnny McBravo
Hello Connor
 
Johnny McBravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,742
vCash: 500
Yay Potter's playing

Johnny McBravo is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 01:14 PM
  #63
s7ark
Moderator
Yoshi
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
Yay Potter's playing
Summed my thoughts up. We have to trade this guy. I will go crazy if he keeps playing for the Oilers for the next 2 years.

Any thoughts on Potter's +/- for tonight? My guess is -3

s7ark is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 01:23 PM
  #64
calvinguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 550
vCash: 500
Potter has been minus in every game he has played this season, I doubt that is going to change for tonight's game.

calvinguy is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 01:33 PM
  #65
AM
Registered User
 
AM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,219
vCash: 500
GO Oilers!

Exact type of team they need to beat to make it to the playoffs.

AM is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 01:39 PM
  #66
OiledUp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondillium View Post
Wow, "Player" really has lots of assists and points. Good on him.
Don't be a Player hater.

OiledUp is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 01:48 PM
  #67
BadMedicine*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
I think it's a bit of a misnomer to call the Yotes a trapping team, at least by comparison to Lemaire's Devils and Wild traps. Lemaire took advantage of the 2 line pass, had his guys sit back at the blueline, and then collapse to the front of the net if the team gained the zone.

Tippett has a very aggressive forecheck, allows the other team the neutral zone if they can gain it, and then has a very aggressive d-zone puck attack. Much more aggressive than a traditional trap.

That said, if anybody can get around aggressive puck pressure, it's the Oilers' super-skilled puck-handlers. I think we'll be pleasantly surprised at how the Oilers play.
The Coyotes are not really a trap team, they use an adjusted hybrid system that catalyses its momentum out of the neutral zone, players in nearly all zone positions cheat to the neutral zone side and try to keep the play compressed in their wheelhouse the neutral zone. The Yotes do not bring the offense in flowing rushes or set transition plays, instead they try to control the territory on the ice and gap themselves as they cycle so they can generate turnovers which they immediatly transition into offense in short direct charges directly at the net and from everywhere spontaneously. Its a good tactic but easy to defeat if you use a controlled 3 transition system and carry the puck using give and gos with about 30% of your early neutral zone possesions like two feet out of your d-zone converted to long stretch passes down the middle where their game is weak. We just cant pass long from deep in our zone trying to beat them in the neutral zone because thats their wheelhouse, when we execute our first transition from deep in our zone we need to rush the puck at them hard with our d-men and then either challenge the n-zone and carry on or make that long fast pass-the important thing is to push them with a possesion move on our defense right to the neutral zone, the short passes in our defensive zone are what they are looking to target so no shortys, just lug it up and force them back the either make a stretch pass or sprint up into some give and gos. We need to limit their ability to generate neutral zone turnovers by picking off passes or by outnumbering us as we come through, they like to stack two players and pick the puck carrier with the first guy through making contact and have the trailer bust out on the n-zone down the middle, so we need to also provide a two deep offensive stack as we challenge the neutral zone, where they travel in pairs to use the legal pick play we travel in pairs with tight support. If skate the puck up with support and make our first pass decisions - not deep or mid defensive zone - but after we use a safe supported possesion skate the puck to our blueline and pressure them back into the neutral zone we will be able to transition out of our zone easily. The last thing to remember is to not pass if we can help it through the neutral zone unless it is an early neutral zone bomb breakout pass down the middle which is there all night lonw with the Yotes system. 30% of our first transitions should be stretch passes made either two feet on our side of the blueline or two feet into the neutral zone to stop them from cheating their defense up to support the neutral zone, they will try to give us the long breakout passes from deep in our d-zone to bait us, we need to use the shorter version straight up the middle to bust their neutral zone support structure. The Coyotes have an easy system to beat if you maintain possesion on your stick and limit your long passes , rushing relays by stacked players either two or three deep is the way to steamroll them right through the middle of the neutral zone and to the net, MPS will have a fieldday with his speed and size if he busts down the middle because they are so weak there.

I like your assesment of the dynamics of the Coyotes system it is bang on.

BadMedicine* is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 01:56 PM
  #68
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit
 
dustrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,438
vCash: 500
3-1 Phoenix. It's Phoenix.

RNH with the goal.

dustrock is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 02:01 PM
  #69
oilersfan11
Registered User
 
oilersfan11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 12,650
vCash: 50
5-3 Oilers.

oilersfan11 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 02:02 PM
  #70
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,283
vCash: 500
17-9 Oilers.

Mr Forever is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 02:08 PM
  #71
The Bored Man
5-14-6-1
 
The Bored Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,795
vCash: 500
226/8 Oilers.

229/4 Coyotes, they cruise to a six wicket win. Just can't see the young guns figuring out the spin attack of Phoenix. Grassy pitch conditions will make it a tricky one on offense. Oilers fielding looks poor too so Phoenix will uncharacteristically bring out the sloggers.

The Bored Man is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 02:10 PM
  #72
Mcnofool6110
#bringbacktheTeddy
 
Mcnofool6110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sydney
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bored Man View Post
226/8 Oilers.

229/4 Coyotes, they cruise to a six wicket win. Just can't see the young guns figuring out the spin attack of Phoenix. Grassy pitch conditions will make it a tricky one on offense. Oilers fielding looks poor too so Phoenix will uncharacteristically bring out the sloggers.


Hall with the half century, and a surprising outing by Rundblad for Phoenix - three wicket haul for him.

EDIT: I see Kari Puttar having a big impact on the Oilers fielding, although time will tell whether that will be positive or negative.

Mcnofool6110 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 02:13 PM
  #73
The Bored Man
5-14-6-1
 
The Bored Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post


Hall with the half century, and a surprising outing by Rundblad for Phoenix - three wicket haul for him.
It'll probably take him forever to hit 50...I'm thinking a strike rate of 60%. Schlemko has a lethal googly.

The Bored Man is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 02:17 PM
  #74
jebs
Registered User
 
jebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,953
vCash: 500
Horcoff with the golden duck.

jebs is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 02:20 PM
  #75
McPuritania
LucicDestroyedHaley
 
McPuritania's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toussaint
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,636
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMedicine View Post
The Coyotes are not really a trap team, they use an adjusted hybrid system that catalyses its momentum out of the neutral zone, players in nearly all zone positions cheat to the neutral zone side and try to keep the play compressed in their wheelhouse the neutral zone. The Yotes do not bring the offense in flowing rushes or set transition plays, instead they try to control the territory on the ice and gap themselves as they cycle so they can generate turnovers which they immediatly transition into offense in short direct charges directly at the net and from everywhere spontaneously. Its a good tactic but easy to defeat if you use a controlled 3 transition system and carry the puck using give and gos with about 30% of your early neutral zone possesions like two feet out of your d-zone converted to long stretch passes down the middle where their game is weak. We just cant pass long from deep in our zone trying to beat them in the neutral zone because thats their wheelhouse, when we execute our first transition from deep in our zone we need to rush the puck at them hard with our d-men and then either challenge the n-zone and carry on or make that long fast pass-the important thing is to push them with a possesion move on our defense right to the neutral zone, the short passes in our defensive zone are what they are looking to target so no shortys, just lug it up and force them back the either make a stretch pass or sprint up into some give and gos. We need to limit their ability to generate neutral zone turnovers by picking off passes or by outnumbering us as we come through, they like to stack two players and pick the puck carrier with the first guy through making contact and have the trailer bust out on the n-zone down the middle, so we need to also provide a two deep offensive stack as we challenge the neutral zone, where they travel in pairs to use the legal pick play we travel in pairs with tight support. If skate the puck up with support and make our first pass decisions - not deep or mid defensive zone - but after we use a safe supported possesion skate the puck to our blueline and pressure them back into the neutral zone we will be able to transition out of our zone easily. The last thing to remember is to not pass if we can help it through the neutral zone unless it is an early neutral zone bomb breakout pass down the middle which is there all night lonw with the Yotes system. 30% of our first transitions should be stretch passes made either two feet on our side of the blueline or two feet into the neutral zone to stop them from cheating their defense up to support the neutral zone, they will try to give us the long breakout passes from deep in our d-zone to bait us, we need to use the shorter version straight up the middle to bust their neutral zone support structure. The Coyotes have an easy system to beat if you maintain possesion on your stick and limit your long passes , rushing relays by stacked players either two or three deep is the way to steamroll them right through the middle of the neutral zone and to the net, MPS will have a fieldday with his speed and size if he busts down the middle because they are so weak there.

I like your assesment of the dynamics of the Coyotes system it is bang on.


Try breaking this up a bit, it'll allow people to read your posts without bleeding from their ocular cavaties.

McPuritania is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.