HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Komarov

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2013, 11:30 AM
  #26
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!
 
Leo Trollmarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forecheck View Post
This guy is terrible. If he were a North American player they wouldnt even have looked at this guy.

Send him back to the KHL .
You, out!


He is doing exactly what he was brought in for.

Leo Trollmarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:32 AM
  #27
12345*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forecheck View Post
Player is a dime a dozen , we do not need to scour Europe for this.

No offensive capabilities or history of such. Not sold on his defensive game either (see poor clearing play which led to Buffaloes 2nd Goal ).

Yes he finishes his checks and moves well out there and he has a reputation of being a Rat.

Ryan Hamilton or Carter Ashton could easily play his role at this time , however since he is from Russia you are all fooled that he is "a big find " .

I apologize for calling him terrible - he is an average player at best.
You are clueless. First off, Komarov is a faster skater and more offensively potent than Carter Ashton. If he had no offensive potential, do you think he would have been put on Ovechkin's and Backstrom's line with Dynamo - oh wait, you are a stat watcher and have no clue. And no one in the organization has his attitude or can play his role.

You are mistaken if you think any Leaf fans think he is a "big find". He is a good player who fits in his role well. He is acclimating to the NHL ice and speed.

12345* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:32 AM
  #28
SwissLeaf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 641
vCash: 968
He's from Finland (born in Estonia).

I like him!

SwissLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:32 AM
  #29
forecheck
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
Big Fail!! You are talking about my favorite Leaf right now. Just loved his game last night....finishing his checks, going to the net. Just needs to finish better. Remember he and Kessel are tied in goals scored...not being sarcastic, just pointing out that a team has many components. He is exactly as advertised....he irritates the opposition, just like your post does to me.
I do not really care who your favorite players are.

He wont last the year -mark my words

forecheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:33 AM
  #30
The Missing Piece
What's Left?
 
The Missing Piece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forecheck View Post
This guy is terrible. If he were a North American player they wouldnt even have looked at this guy.

Send him back to the KHL .
Spelling/Grammar, this guy is terrible. If he was an educated poster, he would have never even made this thread.

Send him back to the Kindergarten.

The Missing Piece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:33 AM
  #31
Diamond Joe Quimby
A$AP Joffrey
 
Diamond Joe Quimby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 4,326
vCash: 500
*Looks through user's post history*

Ah, I see.

*Exits thread*

Diamond Joe Quimby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:35 AM
  #32
forecheck
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
I will be back to reactivate this thread when he goes back to the KHL .

forecheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:36 AM
  #33
leafspring*
 
leafspring*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forecheck View Post
I do not really care who your favorite players are.

He wont last the year -mark my words
Your words are already marked.

leafspring* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:36 AM
  #34
The Missing Piece
What's Left?
 
The Missing Piece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forecheck View Post
I will be back to reactivate this thread when he goes back to the KHL .
will be hard after it gets locked!

The Missing Piece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:36 AM
  #35
Parkdale
Registered User
 
Parkdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forecheck View Post
I do not really care who your favorite players are.

He wont last the year -mark my words
He will be resigned to a new contract - mark my words.

Parkdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:47 AM
  #36
RedRenegade
Registered User
 
RedRenegade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
I'm liking Komarov's game. He's a good skater and pretty quick, hits, and plays a solid defensive game. He's been a good pk'er and managed to draw a 4 minute double minor in yesterday's game against Buffalo. I would say he's been a good find for the Leafs so far.

RedRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:50 AM
  #37
Guy Boucher
Registered User
 
Guy Boucher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRenegade View Post
I'm liking Komarov's game. He's a good skater and pretty quick, hits, and plays a solid defensive game. He's been a good pk'er and managed to draw a 4 minute double minor in yesterday's game against Buffalo. I would say he's been a good find for the Leafs so far.
Truthfully, he had a couple of bad shifts last game however like you said, he managed to draw two penalties and blocked a handful of shots.

As far as I'm concerned, he's been instrumental in the Leafs having a decent penalty kill this season.

Guy Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:59 AM
  #38
GordieHoweHatTrick
Registered User
 
GordieHoweHatTrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forecheck View Post
Player is a dime a dozen , we do not need to scour Europe for this.

No offensive capabilities or history of such. Not sold on his defensive game either (see poor clearing play which led to Buffaloes 2nd Goal ).

Yes he finishes his checks and moves well out there and he has a reputation of being a Rat.

Ryan Hamilton or Carter Ashton could easily play his role at this time , however since he is from Russia you are all fooled that he is "a big find " .

I apologize for calling him terrible - he is an average player at best.
Yea, dime-a-dozen. Like friggin' Colby Armstrong. Komarov was brought in to do what Colby couldn't. He's doing it very well too

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:15 PM
  #39
Joey Hoser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Guelph
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forecheck View Post
however since he is from Russia you are all fooled that he is "a big find " .
He's not from Russia.

Why did you put "a big find" in quotes? You aren't quoting anyone, you're making it up.

Noone considers him a "big find". He's mostly considered a third or fourth liner who can forecheck and be a pain in the ass. I don't think I've ever seen anyone pump him up as more than that.

Joey Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:16 PM
  #40
Joey Hoser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Guelph
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forecheck View Post
I will be back to reactivate this thread when he goes back to the KHL .
And noone will care...

Joey Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:19 PM
  #41
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,819
vCash: 500
wow, really, he has been good, so far
another useless thread

mikebel111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:20 PM
  #42
devilishleafs
Registered User
 
devilishleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,103
vCash: 500
Ya I dont get this post????????????? Komarov is awesome out there creating trouble and disturbing the opposition. He is great at the PK and a hitting machine. What games are you watching?????? I do believe he should be dropped to the 4th right now to allow a more scoring touch right now.

devilishleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:32 PM
  #43
bansheebeat
Cherry-Coloured Funk
 
bansheebeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 532
vCash: 500
I'd just like to add that the first handful of games into his AHL stint his offence (point-wise, if that's what the OP cares about) was pretty quiet. Once he adjusted to the game, he was probably the most dangerous forward we had night after night. Give him a few more weeks. He's playing his role perfectly right now but I think you'll see him develop more offence as the season progresses.

bansheebeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:42 PM
  #44
diceman934
Registered User
 
diceman934's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NHL player factory
Posts: 6,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bansheebeat View Post
I'd just like to add that the first handful of games into his AHL stint his offence (point-wise, if that's what the OP cares about) was pretty quiet. Once he adjusted to the game, he was probably the most dangerous forward we had night after night. Give him a few more weeks. He's playing his role perfectly right now but I think you'll see him develop more offence as the season progresses.
I like what I have seen thus far, he brings a lot to the table. He is on the PK, is relentless on the forecheck ( you would think the OP would like him just for that), hits, blocks shots and is a pain in the rear end. Players like him are not a dime a dozen because if they were, I'm sure we would be placing our order.

If he is going to get even better, then that will be a huge bonus.

diceman934 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:50 PM
  #45
Gillam_09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Port Aux Basques, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 164
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Gillam_09
Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
I like what I have seen thus far, he brings a lot to the table. He is on the PK, is relentless on the forecheck ( you would think the OP would like him just for that), hits, blocks shots and is a pain in the rear end. Players like him are not a dime a dozen because if they were, I'm sure we would be placing our order.

If he is going to get even better, then that will be a huge bonus.
great post couldnt agree more. this guy doesnt take shifts off and though he may make a mistake here nor there like most nhlers do hes playin hard night in night out.

Gillam_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:50 PM
  #46
TheMadHatTrick
Registered User
 
TheMadHatTrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoch View Post
Who's Komorov?
Manti Te'os new girlfriend?

TheMadHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:22 PM
  #47
Terrence
Registered Slacker
 
Terrence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,006
vCash: 500
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle

Komarov on the Sabres going after him a bit last night: "You'll have to ask those guys why they don't like me. I like them though."

__________________
Terrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:35 PM
  #48
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!
 
Leo Trollmarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Hoser View Post
He's not from Russia.

Why did you put "a big find" in quotes? You aren't quoting anyone, you're making it up.

Noone considers him a "big find". He's mostly considered a third or fourth liner who can forecheck and be a pain in the ass. I don't think I've ever seen anyone pump him up as more than that.
I read this in a condescending girls voice doing the bunny ears with each "" and it almost had me in tears, not sure why

Leo Trollmarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:35 PM
  #49
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!
 
Leo Trollmarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle

Komarov on the Sabres going after him a bit last night: "You'll have to ask those guys why they don't like me. I like them though."
Leo is awesome!

Leo Trollmarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:39 PM
  #50
Brody
$$
 
Brody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Paris
Posts: 7,512
vCash: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDaVE View Post
Are you ****ing high?
//thread

Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.