HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part V)

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 10:01 PM
Bologna 1
Formerly AirheadPete

vCash: 500
kovy needs to get going

Old
01-30-2013, 10:03 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirheadPete View Post
kovy needs to get going
He has a point per game?

Old
01-30-2013, 10:04 PM
NjDevsRR

Quote:
kovy needs to get going
He needs a stable line to play on. I would rather have Elias Zubrus or Clarkson experimenting with different linemates instead of Kovy and Travis.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:05 PM
Classic Devil
Moderator Emeritus

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
He has a point per game?
I mean... yeah, what are you expecting, him to shatter point records? As long as he's running a positive +/- and putting up a point per game I'm ecstatic.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:06 PM
Bologna 1
Formerly AirheadPete

Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevsRR View Post
He needs a stable line to play on. I would rather have Elias Zubrus or Clarkson experimenting with different linemates instead of Kovy and Travis.
That too as well as stop playing 58 mins per night

Old
01-30-2013, 10:07 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

At the game against the Caps on Friday, there was a guy sitting in front of me that did nothing but heckle Kovalchuk everytime he had the puck. A Devils fan.

When Kovy scored the OT winner, I had never seen a fan on the winning side of things exit an arena so fast.

Anyway - agreed. Once the PP get some stability and he can get a solid winger on the other end of the line, things will pick up.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:09 PM
NjDevsRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
At the game against the Caps on Friday, there was a guy sitting in front of me that did nothing but heckle Kovalchuk everytime he had the puck. A Devils fan.

When Kovy scored the OT winner, I had never seen a fan on the winning side of things exit an arena so fast.

Anyway - agreed. Once the PP get some stability and he can get a solid winger on the other end of the line, things will pick up.
Section 102 by any chance? Two guys next to me heckled him every play. I told them are you going to do that the entire night? And they barely cheered when he won the game. Idiots!

Old
01-30-2013, 10:10 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
I mean... yeah, what are you expecting, him to shatter point records? As long as he's running a positive +/- and putting up a point per game I'm ecstatic.
Quote:
Just exaggerates my point.

Playing with a rotation of left wings, he's still put up a PPG pace. His last couple games haven't been strong, but the Devils need to get back to playing him 21-24 minutes a night.

Once Henrique comes back, he will definitely take what would be Kovalchuk's PK time.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:11 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:

Theres tons of fans who hate Kovy for no reason. In the Caps game I had two who booed every time he got the puck. Then would cheer the loudest of all when he scored the game winner. They even blamed him for losing Parise

Old
Devils Dominion
Pivotal offseason

Quote:
Section 102 by any chance? Two guys next to me heckled him every play. I told them are you going to do that the entire night? And they barely cheered when he won the game. Idiots!
Every fanbase has a few idiots who do not understand the game well.
It's sad that some "fans" would rather be right and see their team or players on it fail so they can say, I told you so to their buddy.

Old
Zippy316

Quote:
I know, some people just passionately hate Kovalchuk.

I was sitting next to one guy in the Avs/Devils game last year that would not shut up about how Kovalchuk was a waste of money and so on. They would also highlight every bad play Kovalchuk made to prove their point, and when Kovalchuk did something good, would never give them credit.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:12 PM
Bleedred
Buyout bone dust

Quote:

Was it Jim?

Remember Kovy only scored like 2 goals in the first 8-10 games last year before sitting on the shelf for 5 games which was right after a couple 30 minute marathons. This year those guys have had to play with Matteau, Tedenby, Josefson, Zubrus. 4 different wingers on that line in 5 games. That's why I'd like to have some stability.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:14 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Begrudging the contract is one thing.... but Kovy has put the team on his back more than once. He's earned every penny in that regard, I don't get the hate.

It's a moronic contingency of this fanbase that is disturbingly numerous.

The Fayne hate, at least you can make the excuse that good defensemen are rarely noticeable. How you can ignore Kovy's contributions to this team..... I don't even...

Quote:
Section 102 by any chance?
128. Good to know it's spread out evenly throughout the arena

Old
01-30-2013, 10:16 PM
CerebralGenesis

They need a winger that is going to be there in 3 shifts instead of a shortened list of bingoball participants.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:16 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Also whoever is the GDT Maker

3 Early GDT = Wins
2 Normaly Time GDTs = Loses

Its simple . Early GDT = WIn
I am not superstitious. It's going up at midnight, exactly when it should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
Every fanbase has a few idiots who do not understand the game well.
It's sad that some "fans" would rather be right and see their team or players on it fail so they can say, I told you so to their buddy.
Ya, we'd like to think we're one of the smarter fanbases, but we definitely have our share of idiots too.

Some people just cannot find joy out of the good things in life.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:20 PM
Zippy316

It's funny because like I know a lot of people who are Devils fans, and almost everyone one of them says their favorite player is either Kovalchuk or Brodeur, usually Kovalchuk.

When I say mine is Josefson, they either have no idea who he is or they are like why?

Old
01-30-2013, 10:23 PM
Bleedred
Buyout bone dust

I don't get the Kovy hate by this fanbase. Not talking about people on here, but outside of this forum.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:24 PM
devilsblood

Quote:
kovy needs to get going
I do agree. Sure he has notched some points, but this is not Kovy dynamo. At least not in the last couple games.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:26 PM
devilsblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I don't get the Kovy hate by this fanbase. Not talking about people on here, but outside of this forum.
My brother dislikes him.

But he is an awfully negative individual.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:30 PM
KohoDonuts88
THANK YOU LOU

I see no point in hating on a player on your team. I can't see how that makes being a fan any fun. It's one thing to want to make deals etc but as long as the guy is on the team, cheer him on and support him. Why make yourself miserable?

Old
01-30-2013, 10:31 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsblood View Post
I do agree. Sure he has notched some points, but this is not Kovy dynamo. At least not in the last couple games.
He doesn't have the intensity on the forecheck and the backcheck that he had at the end of last season. But I guess it would be unfair to expect playoff intensity Kovy year round. He'll bring it back when the time is right.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:34 PM
devilsblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
He doesn't have the intensity on the forecheck and the backcheck that he had at the end of last season. But I guess it would be unfair to expect playoff intensity Kovy year round. He'll bring it back when the time is right.
I was going to say something along those lines. but I was hoping for that towards the end of last year and it never came. Granted it was the injury, but just the same, it taught me not to expect the switch flip.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:36 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsblood View Post
I was going to say something along those lines. but I was hoping for that towards the end of last year and it never came. Granted it was the injury, but just the same, it taught me not to expect the switch flip.
Huh?

Towards the end of last year he was notably focused on his defensive game. He may not have made the full speed efforts because of his injury, but by no means did he neglect the defensive side of the game at all. If anything, he was smarter position wise so that he could make it back defensively easier.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:40 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

The first shot of Clarkson playing the table hockey and his facial expression is perfect

Old
01-30-2013, 10:41 PM
Bologna 1
Formerly AirheadPete

yeah the failed random six shift wing trials prolly dont help that top unit. especially when they have basically been tedenby, matteau, and josefson. three guys who have no business being there. zubrus has been the only one there who is really justifiable, but they seem to like him on that "second" line i guess?

Closed Thread