HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you think the Monarchs should add some quality players to their roster?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-10-2005, 03:56 AM
  #1
Albi
Registered User
 
Albi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lavena - Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Do you think the Monarchs should add some quality players to their roster?

The Chicago Wolves recently signed Joe Corvo, then San Antonio loaned to the windy City Jay Bouwmesteer and Stephen Weiss...easily 3 players that can have a huge impact on their new team. I know Corvo sucked 2 season ago in the playoff with the Monarchs, but do you think Manchester should make some move? IMO we need a sniper/top6 forward (we badly miss Lehoux).

What would you do?

Albi is offline  
Old
03-10-2005, 04:50 AM
  #2
willie
Registered User
 
willie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United Nations
Posts: 3,977
vCash: 500
Getting a player loaned has to be mutually agreed upon so Manchester would have to find a team willing to loan a player. (and I personally find the whole notion to be silly anyways)

That said, if a loan is to occur, I wouldn't mind seeing Jared Aulin wind up in Manchester. Portland is out of the playoffs and Aulin would plug a hole while also being familiar with the organization/players.

willie is offline  
Old
03-10-2005, 05:34 AM
  #3
leafs nation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 100
vCash: 500
Zach Parise would be a perfect addition I think. He had 47 points in a bad River Rats team. He also has the experience and could fit in easily

leafs nation is offline  
Old
03-10-2005, 05:38 AM
  #4
Homunculous
Registered User
 
Homunculous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Broomfield, Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 625
vCash: 500
Aulin, Parise, Pushkarev, etc... We need IMO 2 more players to realy improve our chances at the cup, a vet D-man who can score, and a 1st line talent type. If we cant aquire either we are gonna have to fight agianst teams that are better on paper.

Homunculous is offline  
Old
03-10-2005, 05:46 AM
  #5
Albi
Registered User
 
Albi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lavena - Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Maybe it's a bit too early for Konstantin to make his pro debut, honestly I didn't even think about this possibility...even though I admit it's intriguing. Aulin? I hope not.

A player I'd like to see on the Monarchs roster is Eric Perrin (Hershey), who won the Stanley Cup last season with Tampa. On D, Nicklas Kronwall (Grand Rapids) will be a huge boost for our PP.

FYI, a few weeks ago a Chartrand-comeback rumor was floating around in Manchester. Then nothing happened.


Last edited by Albi: 03-10-2005 at 05:52 AM.
Albi is offline  
Old
03-10-2005, 09:44 AM
  #6
King Blazer
Registered User
 
King Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 500
Portland (Aulin) is currently 12-points out of a playoff spot with 20-games left to play. They have 2-games in hand on Worcester, the team they trail for the 4th spot. If Portland wins both games they would be 8-points out. Additionally, given Aulin's injury record, I don't know if the Caps would be too quick to loan out Aulin...I'm not big on Aulin coming back to Manchester...

Pushkarev is a possibility but only after the season and playoffs have ended for the Hitmen...Calgary has clinched a playoff spot...

Hershey (Perrin) is currently 8-points out of the playoffs with a game in hand on Norfolk so that could be 6-points out with 18-games left if they win the game in hand...

Grand Rapids (Kronwall) is currently in the 5th spot in their Division with 61-points. They trail Houston (67-pts) by 6-points with both teams having played 60-games. Both GR and Houston have two games in hand on Cincinnati (68-pts)

Parise plays for Albany, they are DFL in their Division and are out of the playoffs by 24-points, with 1-game in hand and 19-games remaining. Given the positions of the teams of the other players mentioned, I think Albany would be the most likely to part with a player by one week from today...Albany also has 6'1" 210-lb veteran center Pascal Rheaume ( http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php3?pid=4538 )

As far as the loans being a bit silly, I don't agree. It's really no different than what we see in the NHL every season with the exception being that after the playoffs, the players will likely return to the "old" clubs. The AHL markets itself as the "premier development league" for the NHL. The loans allow players to play in a playoff atmosphere. Many coaches and GMs see playoff experience as being very valuable to a players development. I look at it this way, what's better for the development of say Zach Parise? Season ends no playoffs, or, loaned to a contender and getting some playoff experience. I think getting the playoff experience is a good thing...Now, if we look at it as being loaned a veteran, I see that as helping our team and young kids...Actually I'm hoping that Lou Lamoriello wants to see Parise get some playoff experience and maybe stick-it to the Slats and the Rags (Hartford) a little by loaning Parise to the Monarchs... Get Brady Murray on the phone to talk with his old teammate and get the deal done!!!

Maybe Boudreau got Zach's cell # when he was in Manchester for the All-Star Game???


Last edited by King Blazer: 03-10-2005 at 10:45 AM.
King Blazer is offline  
Old
03-10-2005, 09:57 AM
  #7
Albi
Registered User
 
Albi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lavena - Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
Albany also has 6'1" 210-lb veteran center Pascal Rheaume ( www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=4538 )
Also Dean MacAmmond would be a good fit for the Monarchs

Albi is offline  
Old
03-10-2005, 10:34 AM
  #8
King Blazer
Registered User
 
King Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
Also Dean MacAmmond would be a good fit for the Monarchs
Yes, McAmmond would be a good veteran addition with about 650 NHL games of experience. I believe that McAmmond signed a contract with NJ to play with Albany...

King Blazer is offline  
Old
03-10-2005, 12:10 PM
  #9
Albi
Registered User
 
Albi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lavena - Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
Yes, McAmmond would be a good veteran addition with about 650 NHL games of experience. I believe that McAmmond signed a contract with NJ to play with Albany...
You're right

Albi is offline  
Old
03-10-2005, 12:36 PM
  #10
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,481
vCash: 50
I too want no part of Aulin. He had his chance here and blew it. I would love to see Parise here thou. I would love for them to work on that deal, and if it ruffles the feathers of a certian GM on Broadway, some of of you know how bad i would feel about that being a Flyers fan and all.
Would also like to see us add some depth on defense. Not sure if we could get Kronwall or not, but he certianly could help out.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
03-10-2005, 12:55 PM
  #11
TwzKing
Registered User
 
TwzKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 2,149
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
I dont know why some of you are down Aulin. I for one think he will be a decent NHL'er. When the trade went down, I was so upset with the DT. One reason is because he said he wouldnt trade our prospected, and the other reason was because we traded for Anson Carter...

Funny story i was talking to a friend at SC and was talking about the trade... and a fellow kings fran told me i was idiot for thinking AC wont do anything, and it was the best trade he's seen in a long time. He wouldnt even let present my opinion.

I guess he was right AC did get one point.

I think he was a lgk'er

But yea im still think Aulin will turn out to be a good pickup

TwzKing is offline  
Old
03-10-2005, 01:16 PM
  #12
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwzKing
I dont know why some of you are down Aulin. I for one think he will be a decent NHL'er. When the trade went down, I was so upset with the DT. One reason is because he said he wouldnt trade our prospected, and the other reason was because we traded for Anson Carter...

Funny story i was talking to a friend at SC and was talking about the trade... and a fellow kings fran told me i was idiot for thinking AC wont do anything, and it was the best trade he's seen in a long time. He wouldnt even let present my opinion.

I guess he was right AC did get one point.

I think he was a lgk'er

But yea im still think Aulin will turn out to be a good pickup
Hey that may have been the person who started the CAR-TER chants at the draft party when the Kings called a timeout. I couldn't believe the chants that followed... those fools calling for his name that day obviously hadn't watched Carter play much (and probably don't know much about hockey if they are hinting at trading one of the Kings' 1st round picks in 2003 for him).

As far as Aulin is concerned... I don't think he was going to develop into what was expected of him to be... a top 2 line center. He also has a history of injury and consistency problems. I don't think he fit in to the Kings' long term plans and I understand why they dealt him... I just wish the trade could have turned out better and that the Kings acquired a player who could help the club for a few years. The past couple of trade deadline acquisitions have been disappointing (save for the trade with Detroit). Dave Taylor had the right intention when he made those deals... just that it seems as though the players acquired simply did not fit in with the dynamics of the team.

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
03-10-2005, 01:18 PM
  #13
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,481
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwzKing
I dont know why some of you are down Aulin. I for one think he will be a decent NHL'er. When the trade went down, I was so upset with the DT. One reason is because he said he wouldnt trade our prospected, and the other reason was because we traded for Anson Carter...

Funny story i was talking to a friend at SC and was talking about the trade... and a fellow kings fran told me i was idiot for thinking AC wont do anything, and it was the best trade he's seen in a long time. He wouldnt even let present my opinion.

I guess he was right AC did get one point.

I think he was a lgk'er

But yea im still think Aulin will turn out to be a good pickup
I think allot of people are down on him because they saw him play. Dont think he was going to be a good fit here. I was never impressed with him ever. I can give you a long list of players who are no longer with Manchester who i would rather have back then Aulin.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
03-10-2005, 01:27 PM
  #14
King Blazer
Registered User
 
King Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
just that it seems as though the players acquired simply did not fit in with the dynamics of the team.
I disagree! Carter fit right in with the dynamics of the team last season, he showed up injured..

As to the rest of your post regarding Aulin, I agree. Injuries, consistency, real "top-end" and maybe even motivation likely came into play...

King Blazer is offline  
Old
03-10-2005, 02:12 PM
  #15
willie
Registered User
 
willie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United Nations
Posts: 3,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
As far as the loans being a bit silly, I don't agree. It's really no different than what we see in the NHL every season with the exception being that after the playoffs, the players will likely return to the "old" clubs. The AHL markets itself as the "premier development league" for the NHL.
I understand where you're coming from with regards to development but I still think it's silly. I look at AHL teams, to some degree anyway, as a sign of the merits of the parent club but loans negate that dynamic. More importantly, it alters the competitive balance unfairly. Why should some teams get rewarded with 'free' players while others don't?

And I disagree with it being the same as what the NHL does. At least in the NHL, when players are dumped, teams are still subject to supply and demand factors. Contending teams still have to compete with each other in order to acquire players and they have to deal assets to acquire players. There is both competition and risks with involved late season moves. In the case of loans, neither exists.

willie is offline  
Old
03-10-2005, 02:50 PM
  #16
King Blazer
Registered User
 
King Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by willie
I understand where you're coming from with regards to development but I still think it's silly. I look at AHL teams, to some degree anyway, as a sign of the merits of the parent club but loans negate that dynamic. More importantly, it alters the competitive balance unfairly. Why should some teams get rewarded with 'free' players while others don't?

And I disagree with it being the same as what the NHL does. At least in the NHL, when players are dumped, teams are still subject to supply and demand factors. Contending teams still have to compete with each other in order to acquire players and they have to deal assets to acquire players. There is both competition and risks with involved late season moves. In the case of loans, neither exists.
How about this then, the NJ Devils "trade" Zach Parise to the Kings for "future considerations" and after the playoffs, the Kings "trade" him back to NJ for "future considerations"?

As far as altering the the competitive balance unfairly goes, many NHL teams that don't make the NHL playoffs, send players to the AHL team to boost their rosters for the AHL playoffs. Doesn't that alter the competitive balance?

I understand and appreceate what you're saying, however, in the end, I really don't have a problem with the loans.

edit: Also, keep in mind that in the AHL we are used to seeing players come and go through ATO, PTO, and SP contracts...


Last edited by King Blazer: 03-10-2005 at 03:15 PM.
King Blazer is offline  
Old
03-10-2005, 05:26 PM
  #17
AnThGrt
Registered User
 
AnThGrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newport Beach
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,707
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
I say we get Crosby to join out team.....

AnThGrt is offline  
Old
03-10-2005, 08:30 PM
  #18
willie
Registered User
 
willie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United Nations
Posts: 3,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
How about this then, the NJ Devils "trade" Zach Parise to the Kings for "future considerations" and after the playoffs, the Kings "trade" him back to NJ for "future considerations"?
Sounds good.

Quote:
As far as altering the the competitive balance unfairly goes, many NHL teams that don't make the NHL playoffs, send players to the AHL team to boost their rosters for the AHL playoffs. Doesn't that alter the competitive balance?
I don't mind that as much since it's a transfer within the organization.

Quote:
Also, keep in mind that in the AHL we are used to seeing players come and go through ATO, PTO, and SP contracts...
True but those players are usually players who make little to no difference at the AHL level. Players like Bouwmeester & Weiss, otoh, are 'superstars' in the AHL and players who will have large impacts on the result. BTW, what are SP contracts?

Quote:
I understand and appreceate what you're saying, however, in the end, I really don't have a problem with the loans.
Well, I guess we'll just have to understand and appreciate the merits of each other's points. No flame wars, this round anyway.

I should also mention that the only reason I really care is because there is no NHL this year. Any other year, I could really care less about how the AHL season unfolds. (obviously I'd prefer the Monarchs to win but as long as the Kings prospects are progressing, I'm content)

This year, though, I've actually taken an active interest in following the Monarchs and would rather not see other teams get unfairly strengthened. I can't help but envision Chicago beating the Monarchs in game 7 of the Calder Cup with Joe Corvo getting the winner from Weiss & Bouwmeester.

willie is offline  
Old
03-10-2005, 09:41 PM
  #19
King Blazer
Registered User
 
King Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by willie
I should also mention that the only reason I really care is because there is no NHL this year. Any other year, I could really care less about how the AHL season unfolds. (obviously I'd prefer the Monarchs to win but as long as the Kings prospects are progressing, I'm content)

This year, though, I've actually taken an active interest in following the Monarchs and would rather not see other teams get unfairly strengthened. I can't help but envision Chicago beating the Monarchs in game 7 of the Calder Cup with Joe Corvo getting the winner from Weiss & Bouwmeester.
SPC = Standard Player Contract

These loans are more common than you might think...

Jon Sim and Peter White swithched teams via loans because White's wife (Bobby Clarke's daughter) is reportedly seeking a divorce. How whacked is that?

I don't see it as the teams being unfairly strengthened. What they are doing is fair. The Kings/Monarchs and every other NHL/AHL organization can attempt to do the same thing if they choose to...

Well at least you didn't predict Brennan kicking the crap out of Flinn before he scored the winning goal on a tip off of a Corvo shot that was going wide!

King Blazer is offline  
Old
03-11-2005, 01:47 PM
  #20
King Blazer
Registered User
 
King Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 500
AHL transaction tracker added to their web site

The Clear Day Rosters for the AHL will be set at 3:00 ET on March 17th. The AHL claims that only players that appear on a teams Clear Day Roster are eligible to play for that club for the remainder of the season and in the playoffs, unless emergency conditions arise as a result of recall (not likely this season), injury or suspension. Additionally, College and Junior players may be added at the conclusion of their seasons and playoffs...

Honestly, the Clear Day Rosters aren't worth the paper they're printed on...For example, if there is any chance Barney could be ready if the Monarchs go deep into the playoffs, they will put him on the Roster and leave, say, Giuliano off. Giuliano plays as if he were on the roster...

link to ahl transactions tracker page: www.theahl.com/AHL/News/2005/03/11/957629.html

King Blazer is offline  
Old
03-11-2005, 02:02 PM
  #21
kingpest19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwzKing
I dont know why some of you are down Aulin. I for one think he will be a decent NHL'er. When the trade went down, I was so upset with the DT. One reason is because he said he wouldnt trade our prospected, and the other reason was because we traded for Anson Carter...

Funny story i was talking to a friend at SC and was talking about the trade... and a fellow kings fran told me i was idiot for thinking AC wont do anything, and it was the best trade he's seen in a long time. He wouldnt even let present my opinion.

I guess he was right AC did get one point.

I think he was a lgk'er

But yea im still think Aulin will turn out to be a good pickup
I remember getting flamed on another board after the kings acquired aulin for stating that he didnt look all that impressive in juniors agaisnt player his own age.
Basically got told well the avs were high on him so he has to be a great prospect. He still could tourn out to be a decent player in the NHL but hed have to turn it around big time

kingpest19 is offline  
Old
03-11-2005, 03:11 PM
  #22
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19
I remember getting flamed on another board after the kings acquired aulin for stating that he didnt look all that impressive in juniors agaisnt player his own age.
Basically got told well the avs were high on him so he has to be a great prospect. He still could tourn out to be a decent player in the NHL but hed have to turn it around big time
The knock on Aulin is lack of heart.

 
Old
03-11-2005, 05:31 PM
  #23
Albi
Registered User
 
Albi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lavena - Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
More transactions

St.John acquired on loan DMan Joel Kwiatkowski from the Rampage

Panzer to Grand Rapids, Robinson to Syracuse

Albi is offline  
Old
03-12-2005, 01:46 AM
  #24
Word
Registered User
 
Word's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
How about this then, the NJ Devils "trade" Zach Parise to the Kings for "future considerations" and after the playoffs, the Kings "trade" him back to NJ for "future considerations"?
If you are talking trade between the Kings and the Devils it would be shot down by the NHL. CBA is the biggest reason but a player traded from one team to another cant be traded back to his old team for at least a year.

Word is offline  
Old
03-12-2005, 01:49 AM
  #25
Word
Registered User
 
Word's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
I say we get Crosby to join out team.....
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...BNStory/Sports

If the NHL cannot negotiate a new cba with the NHLPA, the rush to recruit Crosby could be a major free-for-all, featuring teams from Europe, the World Hockey Association and minor pro.

Word is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.