HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you think the Monarchs should add some quality players to their roster?

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2005, 10:16 AM
King Blazer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Word
If you are talking trade between the Kings and the Devils it would be shot down by the NHL. CBA is the biggest reason but a player traded from one team to another cant be traded back to his old team for at least a year.
These are not trades that are happening in the AHL, they are "loans"...That's how we typically do things down here...

Old
03-12-2005, 10:18 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
These are not trades that are happening in the AHL, they are "loans"...That's how we typically do things down here...
My "off the cuff" remarks about "trade" were in response to willie's position that the loans are silly....

Old
03-12-2005, 05:19 PM
Chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by willie
I can't help but envision Chicago beating the Monarchs in game 7 of the Calder Cup with Joe Corvo getting the winner from Weiss & Bouwmeester.
I wouldn't worry about that too much because there's no way in hell the Monarchs are gonna get to the Calder Cup Finals, much less past the first round for once.

Old
03-12-2005, 07:57 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
I say we get Crosby to join out team.....
i threw that out there on another thread,lol. It is pretty impossible to get him, but it would be pretty damn sweet. In all seriousness thou, The Monarchs need a defenseman who can handle the puck. Getting another power forward who can play good both ways I would not mind either.

Old
03-12-2005, 08:39 PM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
The knock on Aulin is lack of heart.
i could understand that, but to say that he's always injured is bad....... He has had some injuries but the one taht sidlined him last time was..... a freak injury. Wasnt Anson Carter gonna be UFA this season anyways? If he wanted to play for us we could of signed him for cheap! Why throw a prospect away?

Old
03-15-2005, 06:14 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Latest transactions

The Edmonton Road Runners have acquired Paul Healey from San Antonio - link
The Albany River Rats have signed Brian Gionta (I'm wondering WHY...?!) - link
The Norfolks Admirals have added former Monarch captain Richard Seeley - link

AHL Transactions Tracker

Old
03-15-2005, 06:49 PM
King Blazer

Gionta wants to get into game shape for the Worlds. He had other offers from other AHL teams that are contenders but chose to go with Albany because they're the affliliate of his NHL club (NJ Devils) and their season is done in a month. He won't be leving a team during the playoffs to go play in the Worlds...He was actually made an offer by his home town team Rochester (like they need the help)...

Seeley was added by Norfolk because their Veteran d-man, Jim Vandermeer, is having or has had the same hip surgery that Barney had, leaving Norfolk with an extremely young defense corps...Seeley is a good Veteran/Leadership addition for them and a slightly better than average AHL d-man with some size and a willingness to protect when needed...

Old
03-15-2005, 06:52 PM
Albi

No rumors in Manchester KB...?

Old
03-15-2005, 07:03 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
No rumors in Manchester KB...?
Only the ones I'm starting..

Gilmore confirmed that they are talking to everyone...

translation = don't hold your breath...

Old
03-15-2005, 07:24 PM
Albi

Quote:

With you also...?

LOL

Old
03-15-2005, 08:53 PM
Word

Quote:
Only the ones I'm starting..

Gilmore wont say more then that. He works with Dave Taylor and DT will barely agree to trade rumors that everyone knows is true.

Old
03-15-2005, 09:10 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Word
Gilmore wont say more then that. He works with Dave Taylor and DT will barely agree to trade rumors that everyone knows is true.
I wouldn't expect Gilmore, DT or any of them to say anything...I just don't see where they're going to fit guys in.

They get 22 on the clear day roster and some "in residence" players that can skate under emergency conditions like injuries to players on the 22-man roster...(I figured they'd expand the clear day rosters to 23 given they are dressing 20-players/game for the regular season this year. but no word on that yet)...

I figure the 22-Man Clear Day will look something like this:

Garon
Hauser

Barney (injured)
Brown
Cammalleri
Clarke (injured)
Flinn (injured)
Giuliano
Hogeboom (injured)
Kanko (injured)
Kostopoulos
Parros
Ryan
Schmidt
Smyth
Steckel

Gleason
Grebeshkov
Holland
Nolan
Rullier
Weaver

In Residence:

Kinasewich
Miles
Welch
James

Milam
Geisler
Borzecki

Brust

Once I look at the 22-man, there doesn't seem to be many players the Kings might want to sit-out of the playoffs...

Old
03-15-2005, 09:26 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:

Once I look at the 22-man, there doesn't seem to be many players the Kings might want to sit-out of the playoffs...
Flinn? Barney if he's still injured?

Old
03-15-2005, 09:43 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Flinn? Barney if he's still injured?
I think Flinn will be on it, Barney is more likely to be left off if there's ZERO chance he'll play...

Old
03-16-2005, 12:45 AM
Word

Boudreau made the following comments in his artice for the Union:

http://www.theunionleader.com/articl...?article=52029

The 22 man Clear Day roster for the Monarchs will be set.

On possibe additions for the Monarchs:

Our situation in Manchester is a bit different. We're owned by the Los Angeles Kings, who have proven time and again that they'll make a move to improve this team if it makes sense and if it doesn't sacrifice development.

The Kings will look long and hard before making any move, and any move made will need to make sense long term.

Old
03-16-2005, 12:51 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Looking at the Monarchs roster, it seems to me that a 2nd line center is the biggest need right now since Lehoux is out for the remainder of the season. It would also be nice to have Holland replaced by Bryan Muir. Maybe the Kings should look into getting Steve Kelly and Muir back to the US to fill some needs for the Monarchs, but I doubt that will be happening.

Old
03-16-2005, 12:53 AM
Word

Quote:
I wouldn't expect Gilmore, DT or any of them to say anything...I just don't see where they're going to fit guys in.
The Kings dont let anything out no matter what is going on unless they have no choice in the matter.

Quote:
Injuried players Barney, Clarke, Flinn, Hogeboom and Kanko
IMHO Barney is done for the season. What is the status of the other players? Do they have a chance to return for the regular season or playoffs.

Old
03-16-2005, 12:56 AM
Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Maybe the Kings should look into getting Steve Kelly and Muir back to the US to fill some needs for the Monarchs, but I doubt that will be happening.
To my understanding [from posts here] Kelly cant return to the Monarchs until his season in germany is over because of his contract. I dont know about Muir's contract.

Old
03-16-2005, 01:00 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
I think Flinn will be on it, Barney is more likely to be left off if there's ZERO chance he'll play...
I'd just leave barney off the 22 man roster at this point. He's been hurt for so long that why try and rush him back for the playoffs? Just have him scrap the season and get ready for next....honestly I think the best idea that I've heard tossed around would be to somehow get Parise from NJ over to Manchester...

Old
03-16-2005, 08:34 AM
King Blazer

In the print version of today's Union Leader, Gilmore indicated that no L.A. Kings will be signed for Manchester. My assumption is that Gilmore is including the qualified RFA's (Kelly, Muir, Zizka)...

I agree that at this point, Barney should probably be looking toward next season...

Both Gilmore and Hubie stated that NJ (Parise & McAmmond) were not likely to deal...

Provencher threw out Utah's Fredrik Sjostrom & Jeff Taffe as possibilities, as well as, Ryan Craig from Springfield...

Basically the usual rhetoric about looking for a good fit, development of Kings players is paramount, that sort of stuff...

Gilmore talked about Corvo signing with Chicago and basically said he's not happy. Corvo has been in the Kings system for his entire pro career and neither Corvo nor Chicago picked up the phone to discuss it with the Kings...Boo friggin Hoo...

The Monarchs have been using Jeff Miles at center. The lines have been rearranged the last few games in Clarkes absence.

Cammalleri is centering Giuliano and Kostopoulos
Ryan is between Brown and Smyth
Miles is the pivot with Kinasawich and Schmidt
Steckel with Parros and Welch

I spoke with Hogeboom on Sunday in Lowell. He's about 2-weeks away...I don't know the time table for Clarke, Flinn or Kanko...

Old
03-16-2005, 11:15 AM
Fat Elvis

I wouldn't add any players outside the organization. This group of kids have played together all season and I'd like to see them finish it up together. A complete wire to wire season playing together will have its' benefits for seasons to come. You add 1-2 guys and it changes the chemistry that a whole season has made. JMHO.

Old
03-16-2005, 12:02 PM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
I wouldn't add any players outside the organization. You add 1-2 guys and it changes the chemistry that a whole season has made.
My slight difference of opinion: I agree regarding the forwards, but not our defense. I think we need another big defenseman to get between the opposing forwards and our net, and I don't believe there would be any lost chemistry if the organization replaced either Geisler or Nolan with a big body (Borzecki comes to mind and he's done a stint with the Monarchs). JMHO.

Old
03-16-2005, 01:37 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto
My slight difference of opinion: I agree regarding the forwards, but not our defense. I think we need another big defenseman to get between the opposing forwards and our net, and I don't believe there would be any lost chemistry if the organization replaced either Geisler or Nolan with a big body (Borzecki comes to mind and he's done a stint with the Monarchs). JMHO.
Either Geisler or Milam will likely be listed as in residence as the offensive d-man...

Nolan has been a solid, defensive d-man and I think he deserves a spot on the 22-man roster...

I agree that Borzecki is a big, physical presence and that he played well with Rullier during Nolan's injury. Borzecki should at least be considered for an in residence slot...However, the organization has indicated that Schmidt is a capable d-man so with his reported ability to play D, Borzecki may find himself left off...

Don't forget that Cammalleri has been taking some roughing penalties lately and playing the point on the PP...

Old
03-16-2005, 02:36 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Either Geisler or Milam will likely be listed as in residence as the offensive d-man...

Nolan has been a solid, defensive d-man and I think he deserves a spot on the 22-man roster...

I agree that Borzecki is a big, physical presence and that he played well with Rullier during Nolan's injury. Borzecki should at least be considered for an in residence slot...However, the organization has indicated that Schmidt is a capable d-man so with his reported ability to play D, Borzecki may find himself left off...

Don't forget that Cammalleri has been taking some roughing penalties lately and playing the point on the PP...
personally I want Milam nowhere near the playoff roster.

Old
03-16-2005, 02:44 PM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Little Reg noticed that last game. He was asking me why they put Cammy on defense. LOL.

BTW - yeah, I know Borzecki is a r-e-a-l long shot, but hey - I can dream, can't I?

Last edited by ReggieMoto: 03-16-2005 at 03:05 PM.
Closed Thread