Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2013, 10:32 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
2 years removed from a cup win with the same core intact and a perennial Norris contender at the tail end of his career...

The risk is not resigning the guy who went clutch and finally got this team over the game 7 hump, a couple of times.
He was insane clutch for us and no one denies that for a second but since that time he's had a couple concussions and both were bad and he no longer plays the way he did during that cup run.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:31 PM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
I'm not confident enough that Horton is the same player we're use to anymore. Since last years concussion he's lost all of his physical edge. He's not the same player at least in my eyes anymore. I sure as **** don't want him getting a 5 year deal after a severe concussion that has changed the style of hockey he plays. Maybe if he gets more comfortable later in the year and starts playing like the old Nasty I'd get on board but at this point I'd prefer they look for other options.
Dredeye: it's ok to say hell here. No one's going to chop you.

Agree, Nate has a lot to prove to earn a new contract. I'd rather have Perry if that's possible.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:48 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Dredeye: it's ok to say hell here. No one's going to chop you.

Agree, Nate has a lot to prove to earn a new contract. I'd rather have Perry if that's possible.
I'm wondering if Nate's 5 million could net us Clarkson on the open market. I doubt it but I'd love to get him or Perry. I just don't see a way they make that work unless they move both Peverley and Kelly.

BTW I didn't put hell that's why you can't see what it is.

Old
02-16-2013, 12:29 AM
Ogrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
He was insane clutch for us and no one denies that for a second but since that time he's had a couple concussions and both were bad and he no longer plays the way he did during that cup run.
One could argue he's been clutch for us this season too, and that this has significant value. I'm not saying we could or should keep Horton but his concussions is not career ending and he might come back to beeing nasty again.
Here's for hoping he's still recovering and has alot of anger in his future

Old
02-16-2013, 02:04 AM
NastyNate17

I don't understand how Horton's play this year could warrant any amount of doubt as to how valuable a piece he is to this team. He's been physical and he has been productive statistically as well as contributing in ways that don't appear on the stat sheet. This guy fits the mold of the Bruins system and if we don't manage to re-up his contract I can guarantee that he's going to skyrocket with another franchise and make our management look like a bunch of donkeys for not shelling out the dough to keep him in a spoked B jersey.

Old
02-16-2013, 02:54 AM
Sheppy

Hortonreem... guy looks huge.

Old
02-18-2013, 09:34 AM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheppy View Post

I wish he looked just as huge on the ice. I completely understand the need to change his game a bit after coming back from his injury, but I haven't seen an ounce of the nastyness he had pre-concussion. Without it he is closer to Ryder's game and value (3.5-4 mil) than to the 5 mil/per contract he was on track for pre injury.

If they think he can get the hate back in his game then they can roll the dice. I'd have reservations though. I do wonder if there would be 5 mil/per for him out on the open market right now.

Old
03-13-2013, 11:42 AM
Ratty

This thread has been dormant for a while. Wonder why? There doesn't seem to be the hue and cry to re-sign Horton now that he is in a prolonged slump.

Will his 2011 playoff performance cancel out his recent poor play and cause PC to keep him?

Old
03-13-2013, 11:44 AM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
This thread has been dormant for a while. Wonder why? There doesn't seem to be the hue and cry to re-sign Horton now that he is in a prolonged slump.

Will his 2011 playoff performance cancel out his recent poor play and cause PC to keep him?
Or it could be that this one exists and the exact same conversation has been happening there.

Old
03-13-2013, 11:54 AM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheppy View Post

almost looks like Tito Ortiz in that photo

Old
03-13-2013, 12:02 PM
Therick67

Horton has 4 pim's this year, must have a lady byng bonus in his contract.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:10 PM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Or it could be that this one exists and the exact same conversation has been happening there.
This one specifically deals with the issue of whether or not to retain Horton's services beyond this season.

From what I have seen through 20+games, I'm inclined to look for a more consistent RW for Krejci's line. The 4m savings will help in that regard. But some will harken back to 2011 playoffs and hope for a repeat.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:15 PM
BergyWho37

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Bruins record with Nasty Nate in the lineup....

85-39-15

Bruins play-off record with Nasty Nate...

16-9

Bruins total record with Nasty Nate...

101-45-15

Sign him....NOW !
This means nothing to me ... I could say were that good of a team even with horton disappearing the worse usually is when Horton slacks Looch slacks and then out come the Krech bashers

Old
03-13-2013, 12:16 PM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
This one specifically deals with the issue of whether or not to retain Horton's services beyond this season.

From what I have seen through 20+games, I'm inclined to look for a more consistent RW for Krejci's line. The 4m savings will help in that regard. But some will harken back to 2011 playoffs and hope for a repeat.
What are some examples of a "more consistent" Nathan Horton?

Old
03-13-2013, 12:19 PM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
Quote:

Because people don't use the search feature for existing threads before starting a new one.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1361439&page=5