Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2013, 02:23 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1440
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
I wouldn't the difference between Jbo and Gio is far greater than Rattie. I am not convinced Rattie will be anything special nor do I think the best method of scouting is bringing in every Portland winter Hawk ever.
Naturally my first choice would be to send Giordano instead of Bouwmeester. I actually think the difference between them is about a prospect of Rattie's potential (former 2nd round pick). It's not a first round pick, that's for sure, not unless we eat some of Bouwmeester's salary.

Including Rattie is as much to do with shoring up the right wing - as far as prospects go, we have nothing special (or just "good" for that matter) as it is to add someone Bart's familiar with. As far as the unknowns there are many but what we do know is Rattie & Baertschi have chemistry together. That's worth trying to capitalize on.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Flamesarmstrong22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
Was talking to duckaroosky about Iginla and we came up with a semi-decent offer...

To ANA: Iginla
To CGY: Palmieri, Etem, Conditional 2nd (becomes a 1st if Anaheim wins the Cup)

Thoughts?
I'd do that offer. Palmeri has looked alright in the nhl so far and etem is a great prospect. However I would want the conditional first to be if iggy resigns not Anaheim winning the cup because I really don't see them as cup contenders.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:28 PM
Flamesarmstrong22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
I wouldn't do it if Bouwmeester is going. But I would if Giordano was. Cole is a nice piece with decent potential but I would like him more if he actually used his size (he is 6'1 225). Stewart is the power forward we could really use. He is pretty young at 25 and has 30 goal potential. If the Blues were to add Ottawa's 2nd round pick to the deal I might bite.
I too would only do the deal if it was gio not bouwmeester. Bouwmeester is too important to our D and it will take a massive overpayment for me to consider Calgary trading him.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:50 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
The decision between Jbo and Gio should come down to Jbo. Feaster needs to see if Jbo wants to remain here after next season. If he does, then you don't move him. If he doesn't, trade him at this years deadline while his value will never be higher. I think we should move one of Jbo or Gio, and my preference would be to move Gio.

I really think Detroit would pay a ton for Bouwmeester. And maybe if we add someone like Reinhart along with Bouwmeester, we could pry Couturier out of Philly.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:56 PM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
The decision between Jbo and Gio should come down to Jbo. Feaster needs to see if Jbo wants to remain here after next season. If he does, then you don't move him. If he doesn't, trade him at this years deadline while his value will never be higher. I think we should move one of Jbo or Gio, and my preference would be to move Gio.

I really think Detroit would pay a ton for Bouwmeester. And maybe if we add someone like Reinhart along with Bouwmeester, we could pry Couturier out of Philly.
I agree with this statement. However, I'm not too sure what the Wings would give. If anyone knows, how is Nyqvist, Tatar, and Frk?

Old
03-13-2013, 03:10 PM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hendog View Post
So it would be Gio & Stempiniak for Cole, Stewart and a 2013 2nd?
Seems to good to be true
A 3rd would be far more realistic I think

Edit: after looking how well Stewart has played this year, at least from a stats perspective (11 goals & 12 assists for 23 points in in 26 games which would be leading the Flames in points and goals at this point) - I would take the draft pick out completely
I think I was misunderstood.

I would do Giordano & Stempniak for Cole & Stewart, or I would swap out Giordano for Bouwmeester if they add a 2nd (or Rattie, since I value him around a 2nd round pick)

Old
03-13-2013, 03:19 PM
The Hendog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
I think I was misunderstood.

I would do Giordano & Stempniak for Cole & Stewart, or I would swap out Giordano for Bouwmeester if they add a 2nd (or Rattie, since I value him around a 2nd round pick)
Agreed! That makes sense to me

Old
03-13-2013, 06:12 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

Olli Jokinen for Anton Babchuk and Blake Comeau.

I don't really want Jokinen back, but he had some success here, and this would give us, get this... a total of THREE natural centermen.

With what Jets fans have been saying, it sounds like they'd be psyched to get rid of him.

Cap basically balances out, and if Olli fails, we can use a compliance buyout on him. Let's face it... Olli is an upgrade over Comeau, even with his brutal season so far.

Glencross - Jokinen - Iginla
Tanguay - Backlund - Cammalleri
Stempniak - Stajan - Hudler
Cervenka - Begin - McGratton

Old
03-13-2013, 06:16 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
No. Third time is not the charm. It is time to move on.

Old
03-13-2013, 07:08 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

There isn't a single contract or player even close to being bad enough on the Flames for me to even throw into a proposal for Jokinen. Comeau, as bad as he is, is a UFA at the end of the year. Same with Babchuk. Jackman's barely making league minimum even if he's signed for another year.

Old
03-13-2013, 07:09 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
There isn't a single contract or player even close to being bad enough on the Flames for me to even throw into a proposal for Jokinen. Comeau, as bad as he is, is a UFA at the end of the year. Same with Babchuk. Jackman's barely making league minimum even if he's signed for another year.
This unless we are getting a 2nd round pick or better no way I would take him back.

Old
03-13-2013, 07:30 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
This unless we are getting a 2nd round pick or better no way I would take him back.
This may just be my bias against Jokinen speaking, but considering he still has another year on his contract and we all know the Flames ownership group is highly unlikely to utilize the amnesty buyouts, even a 'free' second round pick wouldn't be enough. Not even if the Jets retained half of his cap hit.

Old
03-13-2013, 07:32 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
This may just be my bias against Jokinen speaking, but considering he still has another year on his contract and we all know the Flames ownership group is highly unlikely to utilize the amnesty buyouts, even a 'free' second round pick wouldn't be enough. Not even if the Jets retained half of his cap hit.
I don't care about his cap hit or his salary we should be going with a youth movement so his cap hit won't matter, a free second round pick is still a very good prospect.

Old
03-14-2013, 12:58 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Sutter isn't here, Olli wouldn't be the same player. But if the Jets ate half his salary and gave us a 2nd, I have to admit that would be tempting. Olli does have size and can skate well which is something we're lacking. On a 3rd line role and half his salary, throw in a 2nd, it wouldn't be terrible.

However this would never lhappen. We're already a laughing stock and just imagine what the media would be saying if we brought him back again.

Old
03-14-2013, 06:00 PM
JurassicTunga

vCash: 575
George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards Scouts at #FlaPanthers #Bruins game include: Calgary, Detroit, Pitts, Carolina, Ana, Ott, LAK, VAN, Minn, Wash, TBay, Chicago, STL, Dallas

Old
03-14-2013, 06:07 PM
Chris Butler
Feels bad man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicTunga View Post
George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards Scouts at #FlaPanthers #Bruins game include: Calgary, Detroit, Pitts, Carolina, Ana, Ott, LAK, VAN, Minn, Wash, TBay, Chicago, STL, Dallas
So either we're dealing Iginla to the Bruins or we're buying from Florida? I seriously hope it's not the second one..

Old
03-14-2013, 06:11 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baerstcheese View Post
So either we're dealing Iginla to the Bruins or we're buying from Florida? I seriously hope it's not the second one..
Who is left on Florida that we would want?

Old
03-14-2013, 06:24 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Matthias and Goc, both are centres with size. Otherwise, maybe Fleischmann and Kopecky, both are wingers, but big.

From the Bruins, Horton and Caron are the only names that stick out.

Would be more interesting to know if any Flames scouts have been attending Providence Bruins games lately.

Old
03-14-2013, 06:25 PM
BVicious

It's great the Bruins are interested in Iggy. Creates a sort of bidding war between them and Pits.

Best part is, Holmgren in Philly will trump anyone and everyone so this could get really nasty for them and great for us. Nobody wants to have to play Iggy in the playoffs, so hopefully a bidding war starts.

And I have a feeling Feaster will work wonders if ownership allows him to start selling. Guy is lawyer and has got great return in his deals this far.

Old
03-14-2013, 06:26 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Matthias and Goc, both are centres with size. Otherwise, maybe Fleischmann and Kopecky, both are wingers, but big.

From the Bruins, Horton and Caron are the only names that stick out.
I'd be pretty pissed if we got anyone except Fleischmann or Caron, and seeing as we could have sign Fleischmann I doubt we trade for him.

Old
03-14-2013, 06:35 PM
Flames92

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicTunga View Post
Apparently we have 2 scouts at that game, this is just speculation but the Bruins had 2 scouts at our past 3 games. There has not been any Florida scouts at our games that I can remember so must be something with Boston. Also, the list of scouts at the PIT/TOR game does not include any Flames scouts.

Old
03-14-2013, 07:02 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
I'd be pretty pissed if we got anyone except Fleischmann or Caron, and seeing as we could have sign Fleischmann I doubt we trade for him.
I'm not all that high on Caron personally, but he could be the roster player coming back in a potential Iginla. Add in a first and prospect like Spooner or Khokhlachev, and we'd have a solid foundation. Or, if the Flames are still fixated on the keep-competitive-at-any-cost approach, maybe they go after Horton instead. Hopefully not though.

Old
03-14-2013, 07:07 PM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Weiss? If Flames ownership is still in denial they may be pushing for a trade with a team that's already got it's trade deadline crap together and is willing to sell.

Old
03-14-2013, 07:15 PM
Flames92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
Weiss? If Flames ownership is still in denial they may be pushing for a trade with a team that's already got it's trade deadline crap together and is willing to sell.
Weiss is done for the season so its pretty pointless considering they can try and sign him as a free agent.

Old
03-14-2013, 07:18 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
Weiss is out for the season and is a UFA this offseason.

Closed Thread