Trade Proposals and Rumors Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2013, 09:23 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I think the value is somewhere in the middle. And the 2013 Miller has been every bit as bad and a complete ass. Lou has a terrible contract and Bernier is somewhat of an unknown. I think there would be a decent market for Kipper.

Just another proposal, what do you think about Kipper for Ashton and a 2nd from TO?
Done, like I said I would take any second for him.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 500
I'd like Ashton for his size and upside. We totally need a guy like that in our system.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:41 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I'd like Ashton for his size and upside. We totally need a guy like that in our system.
Seems a bit like Nemisz 2.0 but I like getting the second.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:43 PM
DBU
Hoss Creek

vCash: 50
Toffoli scratched tonight. Trade incoming.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:45 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
Toffoli scratched tonight. Trade incoming.
Toffoli scratched, Peverley scratched, Spooner and Bernier being showcased; just how many teams is Iginla getting traded to?

Old
03-21-2013, 09:46 PM
DBU
Hoss Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Toffoli scratched, Peverley scratched, Spooner and Bernier being showcased; just how many teams is Iginla getting traded to?
All of them. Flames rebuild is over in 3 months.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:04 PM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

That Iggy thread in trade rumors is infuriating, I never even imagined there were people out there anywhere that thought Kunitz was a better player than Iginla. Some people...

Old
03-22-2013, 02:09 PM
DBU
Hoss Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFinnishStarter View Post
That Iggy thread in trade rumors is infuriating, I never even imagined there were people out there anywhere that thought Kunitz was a better player than Iginla. Some people...
Kunitz is having a great year, no doubt about it. But he is becoming seriously overrated by some Pens fans because of it. In no universe is Kunitz a better player than Iginla.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:23 PM
Janks
Pope Janks

vCash: 0
Quote:
Kunitz is having a great year, no doubt about it. But he is becoming seriously overrated by some Pens fans because of it. In no universe is Kunitz a better player than Iginla.
You mean he wasn't having this kind of success without Crosby?

Old
03-22-2013, 02:30 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
All of them. Flames rebuild is over in 3 months.
Playing on three cup contending teams at the same time should pretty much guarantee Iginla his cup. Or three of them. It's a win-win-win-win-win.

Quote:
Lots of general stupidity on the trade forum. Every single year there's select fans saying it's too risky to trade a first or prospects for a rental and every year GM's make those trades. It's like they don't understand the goal in the NHL isn't to build up the best prospect pool in the league, it's to win the cup.

Last edited by Calculon: 03-22-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old
03-22-2013, 03:06 PM
mpp9

Would Giordano be available? I'd love to see him paired with Letang. For a rental Iggy, I don't see the Pens giving up Pouliot or Morrow. But for a top 4 D-man signed on the cheap who they feel comfortable pairing with their #1D, I could see a premium package going your way.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:07 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Would Giordano be available? I'd love to see him paired with Letang. For a rental Iggy, I don't see the Pens giving up Pouliot or Morrow. But for a top 4 D-man signed on the cheap who they feel comfortable pairing with their #1D, I could see a premium package going your way.
For the right package, yes.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:09 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Yes he would, what makes sense from the Pens POV?

Old
03-22-2013, 03:10 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
He would but you would really have to give to get in that situation...

Bennett+ or Morrow+

Old
03-22-2013, 03:12 PM
mpp9

I just don't see Morrow moving. I get the feel management thinks he can be a stud #1 guy. Letang with better offensive instincts.

But for Gio+Iggy? Any other D prospect would be on the table. What would you want for Gio alone?

Old
03-22-2013, 03:13 PM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
He would but you would really have to give to get in that situation...

Bennett+ or Morrow+
Pouliot?

Old
03-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Pouliot?
What about Despres?

Old
03-22-2013, 03:21 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Pouliot?
Depends on the plus.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:22 PM
mpp9

Quote:
What about Despres?
Other Pens fans wouldn't be happy, but we have the horses to replace him with Morrow and Dumoulin next year.

If Iggy would be willing to end his career in Pittsburgh. And Gio is available. I'd be willing to do Despres+Maatta/Pouliot+1st+TK.

Our team has no holes with that move. And we still have a sick blue line for years to come.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:31 PM
MarkGio

Quote:
Playing on three cup contending teams at the same time should pretty much guarantee Iginla his cup. Or three of them. It's a win-win-win-win-win.

Lots of general stupidity on the thread forum. Every single year there's select fans saying it's too risky to trade a first or prospects for a rental and every year GM's make those trades. It's like they don't understand the goal in the NHL isn't to build up the best prospect pool in the league, it's to win the cup.
You hit the nail on the head. I avoid the trade forums because people have lousy evaluations. It reminds me like Dragon's Den when people say their company is a million dollar outfit but meanwhile they've only scraped by with a few thousand in sales.

You're prospect is a top 6 forward? Really, in the NHL?

Sheesh, talk about counting your chickens.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:32 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Other Pens fans wouldn't be happy, but we have the horses to replace him with Morrow and Dumoulin next year.

If Iggy would be willing to end his career in Pittsburgh. And Gio is available. I'd be willing to do Despres+Maatta/Pouliot+1st+TK.

Our team has no holes with that move. And we still have a sick blue line for years to come.
Are you suggesting Despres+Pouliot(or Maatta)+1st+TK or Pouliot+1st+TK?

Because the former would be a very strong offer for Giordano and Iginla while the later, not so much.

Last edited by Calculon: 03-22-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old
03-22-2013, 03:40 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
You hit the nail on the head. I avoid the trade forums because people have lousy evaluations. It reminds me like Dragon's Den when people say their company is a million dollar outfit but meanwhile they've only scraped by with a few thousand in sales.

You're prospect is a top 6 forward? Really, in the NHL?

Sheesh, talk about counting your chickens.
Trade, not thread. for me.

Anyway, yeah, terrible amount of over-valuing prospects and futures there. The vast majority of GM's don't have the tenure to be able to afford not looking to improve their team for a playoff run, even at the expense of potential, which may or may not pan out. And moreover, playoffs are a cash cow; for competitive teams or high spending ones, ownerships put on a lot of emphasis on playoff runs to assure they break even or make a profit. Too much of a focus on fantasy trades on the trade forum and not enough respect to real world conditions and context.

Last edited by Calculon: 03-22-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old
03-22-2013, 03:46 PM
mpp9

Quote:
Are you suggesting Despres+Pouliot(or Maatta)+1st+TK or Pouliot+1st+TK?

Because the former would be a very strong offer for Giordano and Iginla while the later, not so much.
Despres+Pouliot+1st+TK. It's a hefty price tag. One I doubt Shero is willing to pay, but if he's as aggressive as I think he'll be at the deadline, he'll pay a premium to get Sid an elite winger and Letang his longterm partner.

Pouliot will be just breaking into the league by the time Geno's 30. He's expendable in the right deal. And Despres is a bottom pairing guy for us this year it looks like. And can be replaced by Morrow and Dumoulin next year.

1st round picks are trade bait for contenders. And TK needs a change of scenery. Could still be a decent 3rd line guy for you.

That's my take at least. I see this deadline as an opportunity to buy us a ticket to the Cup finals. Bringing in Gio+Iggy makes us favorites in the East by a long shot.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:46 PM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 603
Quote:
That's what I was saying in part 1 of that thread, about Penguins fans. They're by far the worst in the league at that. I'm sorry to say it, and I know there are a ton of very sensible ones. But that franchise carries so many fans that think Tyler Kennedy is as good as Curtis Glencross, or that Jordan is better than Eric, just all kinds of ridiculous ****. They think that Paul Martin is a #1 defenseman. I know every franchise does that but Pens fans really take it to a whole other level.

EDIT: **** I didn't even see that there was a Pens fan in here when I posted that. No offense dude. Like I said there's a lot of very smart Pens fans out there.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:51 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Despres+Pouliot+1st+TK. It's a hefty price tag. One I doubt Shero is willing to pay, but if he's as aggressive as I think he'll be at the deadline, he'll pay a premium to get Sid an elite winger and Letang his longterm partner.

Pouliot will be just breaking into the league by the time Geno's 30. He's expendable in the right deal. And Despres is a bottom pairing guy for us this year it looks like. And can be replaced by Morrow and Dumoulin next year.

1st round picks are trade bait for contenders. And TK needs a change of scenery. Could still be a decent 3rd line guy for you.

That's my take at least. I see this deadline as an opportunity to buy us a ticket to the Cup finals. Bringing in Gio+Iggy makes us favorites in the East by a long shot.
While that's a likely a really good offer, can the Penguins even afford both Giordano and Iginla next season? Combined cap hit, assuming Iginla stuck around, would be anywhere between 8.5-10M.

Closed Thread