Trade Proposals and Rumors Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2013, 03:59 PM
mpp9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
While that's a likely a really good offer, can the Penguins even afford both Giordano and Iginla next season? Combined cap hit, assuming Iginla stuck around, would be anywhere between 8.5-10M.
We're a team in transition on defense. One of Orpik/Martin will be gone before contract extensions for Geno/Letang are on the books. Nisky likely will be gone in a year. Especially with Morrow and Dumoulin pushing for spots. We'll have a very cheap blue line behind Letang.

Role players like Cooke and TK have overstayed their welcome IMO. That's some salary shed there. And Dupuis will likely price himself out of town.

Gio at 4 mil/year. And Iggy at 5.5 is manageable.

Old
03-22-2013, 04:08 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
We're a team in transition on defense. One of Orpik/Martin will be gone before contract extensions for Geno/Letang are on the books. Nisky likely will be gone in a year. Especially with Morrow and Dumoulin pushing for spots. We'll have a very cheap blue line behind Letang.

Role players like Cooke and TK have overstayed their welcome IMO. That's some salary shed there. And Dupuis will likely price himself out of town.

Gio at 4 mil/year. And Iggy at 5.5 is manageable.
Interesting. I don't know about other Flames fans, but I'd probably pull the trigger on a deal like this.

In discussions on the trade forum over moving Giordano, the best package that was the most widely agreed to by both fan bases was I believe, Cole+Rattie. For Iginla, it was Maatta+Kennedy+1st. I think it's fair to say that Pouliot+Despres trumps Cole+Rattie+Maatta.

Old
03-22-2013, 04:17 PM
mpp9

Quote:
Interesting. I don't know about other Flames fans, but I'd probably pull the trigger on a deal like this.

In discussions on the trade forum over moving Giordano, the best package that was the most widely agreed to by both fan bases was I believe, Cole+Rattie. For Iginla, it was Maatta+Kennedy+1st. I think it's fair to say that Pouliot+Despres trumps Cole+Rattie+Maatta.
Yep. Just depends how high on Giordano Pens management is. If they view him as a great longterm partner for Letang, then Despres is on the table for sure.

For Iggy, I'd still say it'd be tough to get Shero to deal Pouliot unless Shero had assurances he's here to stay and we can fit him in for several years.

I'd do it without hesitating. It sets us up to win now and the next several years. While still keeping Morrow, Bennett, Harrington, Maatta and Dumoulin.

Old
03-22-2013, 08:23 PM
MuffinMerc

vCash: 291
Just wondering what everyone else thought about keeping Stempniak? I realize that he has some value (a 2nd if we're lucky) and in the case of a rebuild you may want to just trade all the older players you can in order to secure draft picks. But I was thinking that if Iginla is traded, do we have any other right wing players? I'd be happy keeping the most effective line of Glenny/Stajan/Stempers next season.

Old
03-22-2013, 08:31 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMerc View Post
Just wondering what everyone else thought about keeping Stempniak? I realize that he has some value (a 2nd if we're lucky) and in the case of a rebuild you may want to just trade all the older players you can in order to secure draft picks. But I was thinking that if Iginla is traded, do we have any other right wing players? I'd be happy keeping the most effective line of Glenny/Stajan/Stempers next season.
No trade him, with so few sellers we should make everyone available.

Old
03-22-2013, 08:32 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMerc View Post
If someone offers a 2nd or more, the Flames should take it and run. There's no guarantee he can repeat his numbers from this year; if he has value, he has to be moved.

The Flames should be moving a lot of salary ideally between now and the draft. That would allow them to overpay some free agent veteran talent to act as stop gaps until the prospects are ready.

Old
03-22-2013, 08:36 PM
Stewie Griffin
Bruinswagoner #4762

Biggest issue with Stempniak is that he's pretty streaky.

He does provide a good amount of that secondary scoring that's always needed.

If an offer of 2nd+ comes along, the Flames have to consider it. Don't know if I'd trade him for just a 2nd though.

Old
03-22-2013, 08:39 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Biggest issue with Stempniak is that he's pretty streaky.

He does provide a good amount of that secondary scoring that's always needed.

If an offer of 2nd+ comes along, the Flames have to consider it. Don't know if I'd trade him for just a 2nd though.
I would with Semin, Ryder, Horton, Clarkson, Bouchard, Brunner(dont see him being available) ,even Iginla all UFA Stempniak is easily replaceable.

Old
03-22-2013, 08:45 PM
MuffinMerc

vCash: 291
Alright, it's good to get this feedback. I've just been very impressed with him since the season started. As of late I see him and his line mates buzzing aroind the offensive zone, and it just looks like it's the 4th line, Stajan and Stempers that look like they're consistently giving it all they have.

Plus I'm really bad at evaluating the value of a players worth. I guessed a 2nd for Stempers but I don't know if that's any good.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:15 PM
MVW

Iggy is gone IMO.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:10 PM
Northern Neighbour

Yep, I think Iginla will be dealt. It's unfortunate the team could never find the right pieces to build around him. I could see Iginla being dealt before the deadline, as I think a contender will want to make a quick move on the competition. I could see Boston being that team willing to make an early move.

Hopefully Kipper will be on the way out, too. However, his trade value has rapidly sunk.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:52 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

vCash: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
Yep, I think Iginla will be dealt. It's unfortunate the team could never find the right pieces to build around him. I could see Iginla being dealt before the deadline, as I think a contender will want to make a quick move on the competition. I could see Boston being that team willing to make an early move.

Hopefully Kipper will be on the way out, too. However, his trade value has rapidly sunk.
I presume if iginla is dealt it will be soon give that the deadline is so close to the end of the season. Not saying they won't wait until exactly April 3rd but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go earlier.

Old
03-23-2013, 12:32 AM
Flamesarmstrong22

I'm honestly starting to think that we end up keeping kipper because there is such a bad goalie market, and than he bolts to the Finnish league in the offseason instead of playing next year for just 1.5

Old
03-23-2013, 12:43 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

I wouldn't be surprised for it to happen by the end of this weekend. The loss to the Blue Jackets had to be demoralizing on a number of levels; it should push the process further along. If Iginla has a particular team in mind, and the offer is good enough, they'll pull the trigger.

Old
03-23-2013, 06:53 AM
Northern Neighbour

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised for it to happen by the end of this weekend. The loss to the Blue Jackets had to be demoralizing on a number of levels; it should push the process further along. If Iginla has a particular team in mind, and the offer is good enough, they'll pull the trigger.
I hope you're right, but I'm concerned that Feaster wants to drive up the price and he'll, therefore, wait to the very end. Of course, doing this will make teams look in other directions, leaving the market bare for Iginla and the team being able to trade their captain.

Old
03-23-2013, 08:23 AM
slappipappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
I would with Semin, Ryder, Horton, Clarkson, Bouchard, Brunner(dont see him being available) ,even Iginla all UFA Stempniak is easily replaceable.
While it wouldn't affect my choice to trade virtually anyone, I doubt that Calgary will be much of a UFA destination while we rebuild, other than overpaying for marginal talent.

Old
03-23-2013, 08:58 AM
MVW

Quote:
Exactly my thoughts. And it would ironic if the loss to the BJ's was the one that sealed Iginla's fate in Calgary as they went through it last year with Nash. The BJ's are doing well post Nash and that should give us some optimism about moving Iggy.

No Calgary won't be an attractive place for FA's, but I would throw a lot of money and overpay for either Clarkson or Horton if they go to market.

Old
03-23-2013, 09:08 AM
Fleury14
Kipper

I think I'm finally on board with trading Iginla, hopefully the return is significant. I'll be ill if the return is a 1st + an above-average prospect, filler roster player ala Hossa in the Thrashers/Pens deal a few years back.

I hope Kipper stays however, and eventually retires as a Flame. Going with a combination of Ramo/MacDonald/Taylor for next season would be a recipe for disaster.

Old
03-23-2013, 11:10 AM
Stewie Griffin
Bruinswagoner #4762

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury14 View Post
I think I'm finally on board with trading Iginla, hopefully the return is significant. I'll be ill if the return is a 1st + an above-average prospect, filler roster player ala Hossa in the Thrashers/Pens deal a few years back.

I hope Kipper stays however, and eventually retires as a Flame. Going with a combination of Ramo/MacDonald/Taylor for next season would be a recipe for disaster.
Kippers value is currently at its lowest point - trading him now would be foolish IMO.

Old
03-23-2013, 02:08 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
While it wouldn't affect my choice to trade virtually anyone, I doubt that Calgary will be much of a UFA destination while we rebuild, other than overpaying for marginal talent.
We got Hudler and Wideman last year because we offered them good deals if we do it again we will get players to come here.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:35 PM
slappipappi

Quote:
We got Hudler and Wideman last year because we offered them good deals if we do it again we will get players to come here.
I said by "overpaying marginal talent" which is what these guys are. They came here becuase we offered the most money.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:58 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
I said by "overpaying marginal talent" which is what these guys are. They came here becuase we offered the most money.
Fair enough again I would rather move Stempniak and overpay for another top 9 player. I also disagree on calling them marginal talent they are a top 6 forward and a top 4 defenseman.

Old
03-23-2013, 06:19 PM
slappipappi

Quote:
Fair enough again I would rather move Stempniak and overpay for another top 9 player. I also disagree on calling them marginal talent they are a top 6 forward and a top 4 defenseman.
They are a top 6 forward and top 4 defenceman on a bottom feeding team.

They have some talent, but aren't the type of players a top team relies on at their age. It's why their previous teams let them go.

Old
03-23-2013, 06:28 PM
CREW99AW

Who does Calgary press, thinks is the frontrunner to land Ignila if he's moved?

Old
03-23-2013, 06:36 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
They are a top 6 forward and top 4 defenceman on a bottom feeding team.

They have some talent, but aren't the type of players a top team relies on at their age. It's why their previous teams let them go.
Disagree, Wideman has been a top 4 defenseman on every team he has ever been on Boston, Florida, Washington.

Hudler was a top 6 winger on Detroit so no not just on this ****** team.

Closed Thread