HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposals and Rumors Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-26-2013, 01:12 AM
  #751
Calculon
unholy acting talent
 
Calculon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,642
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
I don't know why everyone is so high on Khokhlachev? I get he's skilled, but there isn't that much special about him. Subban has a much higher ceiling than Khok. (I get we have decent goalie prospects, but I believe Subban will be a legit #1 in the not to distant future.)
I feel the same way about Subban. In complete serious, why do people feel that Subban is likely to be a number on soon, or even eventually? Is it because he's a first round pick? Was the starter on the Canadian WJHC team? I don't see it personally, and I'm honestly curious as to why others regard him so highly.

Calculon is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 01:48 AM
  #752
Money Baer
COYS
 
Money Baer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moose Jaw, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,632
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
I feel the same way about Subban. In complete serious, why do people feel that Subban is likely to be a number on soon, or even eventually? Is it because he's a first round pick? Was the starter on the Canadian WJHC team? I don't see it personally, and I'm honestly curious as to why others regard him so highly.
Because of the large body of work shown in Belleville the last two seasons.

25w 14 0 0.923%
29w 11 4 0.934%

Because of his unreal save % in the shootout too. The Bulls are by no means "stacked." Especially last season. He is the backbone of that team, and has posted amazing numbers throughout his short junior career.

Money Baer is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 02:07 AM
  #753
Adirondack Flames
Registered User
 
Adirondack Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 8,638
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by notdoneyet View Post
would you do this

gio to ottawa for Bishop

Kipper to toronto for macarthur and blacker 2nd
No to both, the 1st is terrible value, Bishop is worth no more than a 2nd round pick IMO and Giordano is worth a 1st+. The 2nd while it is more than fair for value it isn't a rebuild type trade. I would prefer Scrivens & a 2nd or Scrivens & Franson.... or something along those lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
For those that don't know, Grant Pollock is a LONG time Calgary sports reporter. Like from the "hello Calgary" days (20-25 years?)
Wasn't Pollock the"Roger Millions" of the old 2&7 broadcasts with Ed Whalen

Adirondack Flames is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:08 AM
  #754
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**
 
StreakingRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 10,820
vCash: 500
If we are going after a goalie, I'd rather get Bernier over Subban.

StreakingRed is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:30 AM
  #755
Money Baer
COYS
 
Money Baer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moose Jaw, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,632
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
If we are going after a goalie, I'd rather get Bernier over Subban.
Totally, but it looks like LA would only deal Bernier straight up. No additional pieces. (going off of LeBrun).

If we got Subban, we will almost be guaranteed to walk away with a 1st 2013, and another prospect.

Money Baer is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:50 AM
  #756
tyflames
Baertschi is God
 
tyflames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,594
vCash: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Totally, but it looks like LA would only deal Bernier straight up. No additional pieces. (going off of LeBrun).

If we got Subban, we will almost be guaranteed to walk away with a 1st 2013, and another prospect.
Subban would be a good piece if we didn't have so much depth in net. With guys like Gilles, Brossoit and one could add in Ramo and possibly Ortio, there is just no need. In my opinion we should try to get one good forward and once could defensive prospect and a pick.

tyflames is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 11:22 AM
  #757
FallsForItEveryYear
Registered User
 
FallsForItEveryYear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
I'd rather do something like this. But if the rumors that Khokhlachev was on the table for Morrow and Chiarelli had proclaimed Spooner and Subban as untouchable prospects, then I'd expect that an offer like that was already given to the Flames, but refused because they're still hung up on Subban.
that rumor has been pretty well debunked. khoklachev was never on the table for morrow. new reports say krug or bartkowski was the bruins offer which makes far more sense and explains why dallas went with pitts offer.

khoklachev looks like a damn good future top 6 guy. Boston will be very reluctant to trade him. he has a ton of skill and plays far bigger than his size. not afraid to drive the net or bang in the corners. similar to Marchand. less pest but better hands and elusiveness.

if boston includes him any additional players would likely be a B prospect like bartkowski not a spooner subban or knight.

just my opinion based on what ive both heard and seen of koko.

FallsForItEveryYear is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 11:22 AM
  #758
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,782
vCash: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Wasn't Pollock the"Roger Millions" of the old 2&7 broadcasts with Ed Whalen
Yep.

I miss Ed Whalen.

Stewie Griffin is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 12:33 PM
  #759
Money Baer
COYS
 
Money Baer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moose Jaw, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,632
vCash: 50
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 46m
Iggy watch ! RT @ESPN_Burnside: Jarome Iginla waiting to go on the ice at United Center in Chicago.

Money Baer is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 12:53 PM
  #760
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,782
vCash: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 46m
Iggy watch ! RT @ESPN_Burnside: Jarome Iginla waiting to go on the ice at United Center in Chicago.
What does that mean - is the team on the ice, and Iggy's not?

Stewie Griffin is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 01:01 PM
  #761
Flames92
Registered User
 
Flames92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 500
@OnsideWithJouni:

Quote:
Dont like to do this often, but acc to my source, Miikka Kiprusoff not going anywhere from CGY. Not available, not going anywhere, no chance
https://twitter.com/OnsideWithJouni/...00481839464448

Don't know how reliable this guy is but a few of the Calgary reporters follow him.

Flames92 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 01:03 PM
  #762
Flames92
Registered User
 
Flames92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
What does that mean - is the team on the ice, and Iggy's not?
No he's there


Flames92 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 01:47 PM
  #763
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
@OnsideWithJouni:



https://twitter.com/OnsideWithJouni/...00481839464448

Don't know how reliable this guy is but a few of the Calgary reporters follow him.
Bob Mac said he might not report to the team he is traded to so I am not surprised, he doesn't seem to want a cup he wants to be a flame.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 02:30 PM
  #764
Money Baer
COYS
 
Money Baer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moose Jaw, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,632
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Bob Mac said he might not report to the team he is traded to so I am not surprised, he doesn't seem to want a cup he wants to be a flame.
Probably doesn't want to deal with uprooting his family, especially since they just had a baby. Makes sense. Family first decision.

Money Baer is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 02:39 PM
  #765
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Probably doesn't want to deal with uprooting his family, especially since they just had a baby. Makes sense. Family first decision.
Yep he is a flame until he retires and I am more than happy to keep him. Ramo is a big Kipper fan and he could help convince him tocome play here.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 02:47 PM
  #766
Flames92
Registered User
 
Flames92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Yep he is a flame until he retires and I am more than happy to keep him. Ramo is a big Kipper fan and he could help convince him tocome play here.
A Ramo/Kipper tandem next year would be great. do somewhat of a 50/50 split to take off a little pressure on Ramo.

Flames92 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 02:50 PM
  #767
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man
 
TherapyforGlencross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,757
vCash: 50
I'm guessing Kipper will leave for Finland either this or next season. I don't think he wants to be traded to a team just to stay there for a year, he wants a permanent home, which is either Calgary or Finland.

TherapyforGlencross is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 02:55 PM
  #768
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
A Ramo/Kipper tandem next year would be great. do somewhat of a 50/50 split to take off a little pressure on Ramo.
Yea not to mention Ramo could be easily convinced to come over if Kipper tells him it is one of his last years if not last.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 03:11 PM
  #769
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,782
vCash: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 46m
Iggy watch ! RT @ESPN_Burnside: Jarome Iginla waiting to go on the ice at United Center in Chicago.
What I want to know is what kind of sandwich he had for lunch, and did he pick the tomatoes off or not?!

Stewie Griffin is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 03:11 PM
  #770
Calculon
unholy acting talent
 
Calculon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,642
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Because of the large body of work shown in Belleville the last two seasons.

25w 14 0 0.923%
29w 11 4 0.934%

Because of his unreal save % in the shootout too. The Bulls are by no means "stacked." Especially last season. He is the backbone of that team, and has posted amazing numbers throughout his short junior career.
Okay that makes sense. I still don't agree though. Far, far too many goalies put up decent numbers in the junior level but amount to nothing in the professional leagues. Goalie development is one of the hardest things to predict; as far as I see it, wasting an asset of Iginla's calibre on yet another goaltender would be a bad mistake, particularly when there are so many dire needs elsewhere, i.e. defense and center depth.

Calculon is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 04:01 PM
  #771
Janks
Pope Janks
 
Janks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,311
vCash: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
What I want to know is what kind of sandwich he had for lunch, and did he pick the tomatoes off or not?!
Rumour has it, he kept on the tomatoes, and put some ketchup on the side of the sandwich. In my opinion, we shouldn't keep someone who puts ketchup on a sandwich. Trade him for whatever we can get.

Janks is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 05:42 PM
  #772
Fleury14
Kipper
 
Fleury14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
@OnsideWithJouni:



https://twitter.com/OnsideWithJouni/...00481839464448

Don't know how reliable this guy is but a few of the Calgary reporters follow him.
awesome. I don't want Kipper to go anywhere.

Fleury14 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 07:13 PM
  #773
Hansman
Registered User
 
Hansman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 164
vCash: 500
possible trades

I think Saad straight up for Cammy is equal with Calgary not eating any of his salary.
If the Penguins still wanna do business for Iggy,how about their 1st and 2nd,minor leaguers Anton Zlobin and Scott Harrington.That should start stocking the depleted cupboards.

Hansman is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 07:33 PM
  #774
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,782
vCash: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
No he's there

Your overreaction wasn't as good as mine.






Stewie Griffin is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 07:39 PM
  #775
Janks
Pope Janks
 
Janks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,311
vCash: 630
Breaking news: Iginla on ice for Calgary. Won't be traded until at least tonight

Janks is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.