Trade Proposals and Rumors Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2013, 01:18 AM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
I think we could get a little more for Bouwmeester.

I know Beauliieu was considered a top prospect at one point but I I'm not sure how he has been in his first AHL season thus far.

If you want Bouwmeester, I'd imagine you have to overpay a bit. The Flames don't need to offload him like they did Iginla. There's always draft day and there's always next year's trade deadline. With the way he is playing right now, I want a little more back, even if Calgary has to eat some of his cap and salary.
Beaulieu still is a great prospect and progressing well, has been hot lately and some habs fans who watch him play think he deserves a callup..

Old
03-29-2013, 01:18 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
per The Fourth Period

[I]...Flames GM Jay Feaster will now focus on some of the other players he could possibly deal before the April 3 trade deadline.

Defensemen Jay Bouwmeester, Cory Sarich and Anton Babchuk, and forwards Alex Tanguay, Curtis Glencross, Lee Stempniak and Blake Comeau have all attracted the interest of several teams from around the NHL.

However, only Stempniak and Comeau are without no-trade/no-movement clauses, and the rest would need to give their stamp of approval before the Flames can finalize any trade.

Bouwmeester, Glencross and Tanguay could command the most from other teams, as they are each signed beyond this season.

The Detroit Red Wings, Philadelphia Flyers, Boston Bruins and Carolina Hurricanes have all inquired about Bouwmeester, while the Los Angeles Kings are reportedly interested in Tanguay.
1) Tanguay, Babchuk and Sarich have limited NTC's. Glencross and Bouwmeester have full NMC's.

2) Almost every single other insider has made mention that contracts with term extending beyond this season have limited value. Few, if any teams are eager to take on salary for next season with the cap going down. It's why J.Jokinen cleared waivers and why a GM reportedly said he'd have been claimed had he been a UFA at the end of this season.

King and co. mentioned they were planning on moves at the deadline as well as by the draft. I see the UFA's like Babchuk, Sarich, and Comeau getting moved for sure, assuming anyone is willing to take them. Maybe Stempniak and Bouwmeester as well, but only if a team is willing to pay the price, which seems unlikely.

At draft then, I'd expect Tanguay or Cammalleri, and Giordano or Bouwmeester to be moved. At that point, clubs would have a better idea of where they sit financially. And with the weak UFA crop, some team might overpay to ensure they get a player they want.

Old
03-29-2013, 01:22 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Habs first round pick in 2013 + Nathan Beaulieu + Ryan White for Jay Bouwmeester?
in any trade with Montreal, I'd want the Flames second rounder back. So all that, well, you can keep White, plus the Flames 2nd.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:39 AM
Tapu Debe
DBU

vCash: 464
Nathan Beaulieu called up by Montreal. Trade incoming!!

Old
03-29-2013, 02:18 PM
theIceWookie
#LeafHysteriaAlert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
1) Tanguay, Babchuk and Sarich have limited NTC's. Glencross and Bouwmeester have full NMC's.

2) Almost every single other insider has made mention that contracts with term extending beyond this season have limited value. Few, if any teams are eager to take on salary for next season with the cap going down. It's why J.Jokinen cleared waivers and why a GM reportedly said he'd have been claimed had he been a UFA at the end of this season.

King and co. mentioned they were planning on moves at the deadline as well as by the draft. I see the UFA's like Babchuk, Sarich, and Comeau getting moved for sure, assuming anyone is willing to take them. Maybe Stempniak and Bouwmeester as well, but only if a team is willing to pay the price, which seems unlikely.

At draft then, I'd expect Tanguay or Cammalleri, and Giordano or Bouwmeester to be moved. At that point, clubs would have a better idea of where they sit financially. And with the weak UFA crop, some team might overpay to ensure they get a player they want.
I suspect both will have considerable value. Bouwmeester particularly has been mentioned to have good value.

Bob McKenzie mentioned he could get better value than Iggy (and judging by Murray's price he could be right). He has a big contract past this season but it's not often a top pairing dman comes available in the league. He's sure to get good value.

Stempniak also has term past the summer but unlike Jokinen, he was playing well and at 2.5 isn't that difficult to fit if he's playing like he's paid (something Jokinen was not doing).

It's considerably easier to fit a guy who's producing then one who isn't (which is why Jokinen didn't go anywhere).

Old
03-29-2013, 02:23 PM
theIceWookie
#LeafHysteriaAlert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
Detroit has been the team that has been most mentioned, a guy like Nyquist or Tatar would be great
Nyquist would be really nice. It's likely he'd be able to jump into the top 6 right away, maybe making moving someone else in it a little easier.

Although some Red Wings fans have speculated that they think if Dekeyser signs with them, they might move a dman. I'd love to get Sproul...

Old
03-29-2013, 04:21 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

TSN TradeCenter:
Quote:
TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun wrote on ESPN.com that the asking price for Calgary Flames defenceman Jay Bouwmeester is high.

With Jarome Iginla now playing for the Penguins, the spotlight has turned to Bouwmeester as the Flames look to retool their roster.

"I think they move Bouwmeester," one NHL team executive told ESPN.com Friday. "But they want a lot for him."

Mikka Kiprusoff is declining to comment on reports that he would refuse to report to another team if he is traded before the April 3 deadline and possible speculation that he will retire at the end of the year.

"I'm not going to talk about it," the veteran netminder told George Johnson of the Calgary Herald. “It is what it is, the rumours and stuff going around. I'd rather speak about when I'm playing and what I'm trying to do to win the next game. That's it.”

Old
03-29-2013, 04:31 PM
Tapu Debe
DBU

Teams should be paying a high price for Bouwmeester. The guy is a workhorse, is having a great year offensively, and is signed for another year and therefore not a rental. If the Flames swallow some of his salary, we could get a lot back in a package for him.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:40 PM
Nordberg

vCash: 50
Multiple sources say Dekeyser chose Detroit. No surprise, but still a little disappointed. There are one or two other FAs I hope we might snag.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:43 PM
Body Checker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
Multiple sources say Dekeyser chose Detroit. No surprise, but still a little disappointed. There are one or two other FAs I hope we might snag.
Good news for Calgary actually as it gives Detroit another asset so they won't be too upset to part with a big package for Bouwmeester.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:45 PM
Nordberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Checker View Post
Good news for Calgary actually as it gives Detroit another asset so they won't be too upset to part with a big package for Bouwmeester.
That's one way of looking at it I suppose. Stay positive.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:49 PM
Body Checker

My Bouwmeester blockbuster:

Jay Bouwmeester, Matt Stajan, Derek Smith, 2013 4th rnd pick (to Detroit for)

Petr Mrazek, Ian White, Xavier Ouellet, Calle Jarnkrok, Cory Emmerton, 2013 1st rnd pick

(we flip Ian White to a contender for a 2nd round pick)

Old
03-29-2013, 04:53 PM
Nordberg

Quote:

Petr Mrazek, Ian White, Xavier Ouellet, Calle Jarnkrok, Cory Emmerton, 2013 1st rnd pick

Every. Day. Of. The. Week.

Would rather not have Emmerton but hey.

Old
03-29-2013, 06:55 PM
tyflames

vCash: 250
Quote:

There is no way Detroit ever takes this deal. They won't give up their 3 best prospects arguably in Mrazek, Jarnkrok (who they are very high on), and Quellet.. Plus a first round pick..Detroit laughs and hangs up

Old
03-29-2013, 11:48 PM
Alexdaman
Wolfman

What is Bouwmeester realistically worth?

His cap hit definitely isn't a good thing for the flames if you guys want to sign a couple UFAs this summer.

Would a 3rd overall pick and Yannick Weber be enough? I just don't see any team willing to give much more than that.

He is -34 since joining the flames. With 97pts in 274 games.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:50 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post

His cap hit definitely isn't a good thing for the flames if you guys want to sign a couple UFAs this summer.

Would a 3rd overall pick and Yannick Weber be enough? I just don't see any team willing to give much more than that.

3rd overall or 3rd round?

Old
03-29-2013, 11:52 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:

If you hadn't heard, the Flames are 'Brenda-ing.' As such, going after UFA's won't be a big concern moving forward.

Quote:

No, not even close. Look a few posts above to see where Bouwmeester's value lies. I'm assuming you meant a 3rd round pick.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:09 AM
Alexdaman
Wolfman

Quote:
If you hadn't heard, the Flames are 'Brenda-ing.' As such, going after UFA's won't be a big concern moving forward.

No, not even close. Look a few posts above to see where Bouwmeester's value lies. I'm assuming you meant a 3rd round pick.
Yeah I read some of it, but none of it is accurate.

Bouwmeester was acquired at the trade deadline for Jordan Leopold and a 3rd round pick. His value did nothing but do down since, with only 1 yr left on his contract and the price he will cost during that year. I don't think he's worth much more than my previous offer.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:14 AM
tyflames

vCash: 250
Quote:

Bouwmeester was acquired at the trade deadline for Jordan Leopold and a 3rd round pick. His value did nothing but do down since, with only 1 yr left on his contract and the price he will cost during that year. I don't think he's worth much more than my previous offer.
You're incorrect. He was not aquired at the deadline his RIGHTS were aquired a few days before July 1st. That's why he didn't fetch much.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:14 AM
FlamesFan6612
#timerixonwho?

Quote:

That was after the draft and both Bouwmeester and Leopold were UFAs, obviously Florida wasnt going to get more than that for Bouwmeester, there is no chance the Flames or any team in the league would move Bouwmeester if they had him for a 3rd round pick and a depth defenseman.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:15 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:

Nope. His rights were acquired three days before he would hit unrestricted free agency.

And if you think a number defensemen on pace for 40+ points that can play 25 minutes a night can be had for a 3rd and a toss in, well good luck with that.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:16 AM
Tapu Debe
DBU

Quote:

Actually he was acquired a day before FA. And he has plenty of value, you can't just look at stats and expect to know everything about a player.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:22 AM
slappipappi

Quote:
Bouwmeester was acquired at the trade deadline for Jordan Leopold and a 3rd round pick.
(fail)

Old
03-30-2013, 12:33 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Bob McKenzie:
Quote:
There were reports Kiprusoff told the Flames he'll refuse to report if traded but while he's not keen on moving, Kiprusoff's agent simply told Calgary that they should consult with the goalie before making a deal and treat it on a case-by-case basis.

If he's willing to move, and that's what Toronto is currently waiting to find out, Kiprusoff could probably be had for a draft pick. Nonis might favour that price over the live body or bodies that would be required to get Luongo, who has nine years and more than $40 million owing on his contract. But if Kiprusoff isn't moving, then Luongo is being looked at.
So likely a 2nd or a 3rd.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:35 AM
Tapu Debe
DBU

Quote:
Bob McKenzie:

So likely a 2nd or a 3rd.
Would be fine with a 2nd for Kipper honestly. But man is it going to be sad to lose the captain and the franchise goalie less than a week apart...

Closed Thread