HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Audy-Marchessault and Erixon called up, Calvert to IR

Old
02-04-2013, 01:16 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

vCash: 500
@Aportzline "#CBJ coach Todd Richards hinted that LW Colton Gillies might draw in for Jonathan Audy-Marchessault on Tuesday vs. #LAKings."

02-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
@RobMixer "#CBJ D John Moore just left practice."

@RobMixer "Todd Richards said John Moore's issue is lower body, and he's currently being evaluated. Will know more later today. #CBJ"
I remember, earlier this offseason, arguing that what had happened to our blueline last year in terms of regular injuries and guys out at any given time was something of an anomaly that was extremely unlikely to repeat itself.

I think the hockey gods took that as a challenge or something.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 01:45 PM
EDM

On Saturday nite it was some time late in the second period before I even realized that JAM was playing that nite. I think the elixir might also be called "for the love of Gordie Howe, don't go near the puck" ism.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 01:50 PM
EspenK

if JAM was as good as most here expect him to be. I don't think the Rangers would have let him go. The kid is young and inexperienced and to expect him to play like Brassard or Umberger this early in his career is a bit much.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
On Saturday nite it was some time late in the second period before I even realized that JAM was playing that nite. I think the elixir might also be called "for the love of Gordie Howe, don't go near the puck" ism.
What game were you watching? JAM had a fantastic breakaway and good scoring attempt within the first 5 minutes of the game.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:08 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
What game were you watching? JAM had a fantastic breakaway and good scoring attempt within the first 5 minutes of the game.
He was also beating guys to pucks.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
He did, but for some reason he doesn't seem as fast as Calvert or Atkinson.

That was my impression of him after the Detroit game. Similar ability, slightly slower. Could have been he just wasn't used to the strategy yet and was being extra cautious.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 04:14 PM
EDM

I was late getting seated so I could have missed his breakaway early in the game. But beating others to the puck throughout the game? No.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 04:33 PM
Hockeygirl2748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
He did, but for some reason he doesn't seem as fast as Calvert or Atkinson.

That was my impression of him after the Detroit game. Similar ability, slightly slower. Could have been he just wasn't used to the strategy yet and was being extra cautious.
He's not as fast as either. Not many players are as fast as Calvert, the man always hustles. I do not seem JAM making much of an expression overall this season. He needs to mature and come to camp next season with the mindset that he needs to play well consistently. Not saying he's not a talented kid, just has a huge chip on his shoulder that he needs to lose to really make it.

Hockeygirl2748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 04:42 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
I was late getting seated so I could have missed his breakaway early in the game. But beating others to the puck throughout the game? No.
Guess you really were not watching the same game. At least twice in the 3rd he beat a Wings player to a puck deep in the Jackets end and one of them would have been an icing.

BTW I am not saying he is the next great thing, but he was far from invisible.

Old
02-04-2013, 05:09 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK;59026089[B
]if JAM was as good as most here expect him to be. I don't think the Rangers would have let him go.[/B] The kid is young and inexperienced and to expect him to play like Brassard or Umberger this early in his career is a bit much.
They tried really hard to sign him to an ELC. But he wanted a 3 year ELC with bonus' and the Rangers said no.

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:36 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

“@RobMixer: Todd Richards said Matt Calvert is in. JAM has been assigned back to Springfield. #CBJ”