HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part III

Old
03-15-2013, 03:22 PM
CoasttoCoast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan View Post
I attended the game and agree with Hockeyfan67. Brockville controlled the game for about 10 minutes, then the Cornwall speed and offense came alive. Talked to some Brockville fans who said Pikul was not injured just sick.
Apparently Nepean has some sick players as well. Kid's today!

Anyways- Nepean 2-Pembroke 1. Smallish crowd, surprised a little.
Chances were pretty even, both goalies made some good saves. I thought pembroke was the more physical team, Nepean did'nt seem to be going for any big hits. PG has abandoned any effort to have two regular top lines. He threw-out Hedges, Neil, Durocher & Norris in various combinations. The third line of Watt, Johnston and Nasca was very productive. Nepean's defense handled the speedy Pembroke forwrds fairly well. I think Beauvais, Drouin, lorica, and Yarwood are very good skaters, which may be useful against Pembroke. They played the AP Fontaine an awful lot, surprising. I thought Harper was good again for Pembroke.
Strange game tonight on the International ice at the sensplex, we will have to see how that goes

CoasttoCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:46 PM
BigBuck

Braves even up their series with a triple OT thriller tonight Joey House with the winner. Good sized crowd and entertaining game Cornwall goalie kept them in the game.

BigBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 10:48 AM
oldnucks

anyone take in the ottawa game?

oldnucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:48 PM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasttoCoast View Post
Apparently Nepean has some sick players as well. Kid's today!

Anyways- Nepean 2-Pembroke 1. Smallish crowd, surprised a little.
Chances were pretty even, both goalies made some good saves. I thought pembroke was the more physical team, Nepean did'nt seem to be going for any big hits. PG has abandoned any effort to have two regular top lines. He threw-out Hedges, Neil, Durocher & Norris in various combinations. The third line of Watt, Johnston and Nasca was very productive. Nepean's defense handled the speedy Pembroke forwrds fairly well. I think Beauvais, Drouin, lorica, and Yarwood are very good skaters, which may be useful against Pembroke. They played the AP Fontaine an awful lot, surprising. I thought Harper was good again for Pembroke.
Strange game tonight on the International ice at the sensplex, we will have to see how that goes
It was Nepeans biggest crowd this season at 425 a good turnout when you take into account it was at the Sensplex instead of the Sportsplex

Ottawa Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 01:36 PM
KL14

Nepean/Pembroke

Took in the game last night, I spoke with one of the owners of Nepean and he was delighted with the crowd and said Pembroke is always a great team to play against as their fans are willing to travel to other towns (not just the parents) ...felt the ice surface suited their fast team.

I thought there were a lot of big hits last night particularly by Nepean. Shots were pretty even, but I think the scoring chances favoured Nepean 2 to 1...very entertaining game but Pembroke is going to have to dig deep to get back in this one because as of now, Nepean is taking this in four.

KL14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 01:42 PM
gusfring

Not sure what game u watched but scoring chances did not favour Nepean 2-1. Zawadzki made the difference.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:19 PM
CoasttoCoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
It was Nepeans biggest crowd this season at 425 a good turnout when you take into account it was at the Sensplex instead of the Sportsplex
When I said small crowd, I was talking about the crowd for game 1 in Pembroke,
7oo's.

Old
03-16-2013, 04:07 PM
KL14

Nepean/Pembroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Not sure what game u watched but scoring chances did not favour Nepean 2-1. Zawadzki made the difference.
I was at the Nepean-Pembroke Game....last night...at the Sensplex...where the goal that Zawadzki let in was soft and he struggled with the puck all night and the quality of chances from Pembroke even on the PP were weak as they kept the puck on the perimeter most of the time and the rest of time, Pembroke was pounding the puck into Nepean's players shin pads...The PLK goalie was the difference for Pembroke...would have been 5 or 6 -1 if he did not play as well as he did and actually the first Nepean goal was scored by # 7 from Pembroke. That was the game I was at.

Old
03-16-2013, 04:22 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
I was at the Nepean-Pembroke Game....last night...at the Sensplex...where the goal that Zawadzki let in was soft and he struggled with the puck all night and the quality of chances from Pembroke even on the PP were weak as they kept the puck on the perimeter most of the time and the rest of time, Pembroke was pounding the puck into Nepean's players shin pads...The PLK goalie was the difference for Pembroke...would have been 5 or 6 -1 if he did not play as well as he did and actually the first Nepean goal was scored by # 7 from Pembroke. That was the game I was at.
U were at a different game then, because Zawadzki was the difference at the game I watched.

The goal he let in was a wrist shot top corner from the slot. Soft? Don't think so.

Old
03-16-2013, 04:27 PM
oldnucks

Quote:
U were at a different game then, because Zawadzki was the difference at the game I watched.

The goal he let in was a wrist shot top corner from the slot. Soft? Don't think so.
And your not biased at all...

oldnucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 05:07 PM
Me Me

fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
Good thing the pembroke fans came and there would of been more if they new where the game was

Me Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 05:13 PM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Me View Post
Good thing the pembroke fans came and there would of been more if they new where the game was
I thought it was a better venue for the game, more atmosphere without all the empty seats. Atmosphere at Raiders games would be far better in a rink with less seats.

Ottawa Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:59 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnucks View Post
And your not biased at all...
Whats the bias? My comments are nor for or against the Raiders.

Old
03-16-2013, 10:01 PM
KL14

Nepean - Pembroke

THe Nepean goalie only had 27 shots and one soft goal.... was it from the slot ?, yup, but on the big ice the shot came from 30 feet out and it floated over his glove...rest of the shots were from the outside. In any event, the win goes to the Nepean D..they made the difference in the game. They moved the puck well and shut down Pembroke all night.

Old
03-16-2013, 10:30 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
THe Nepean goalie only had 27 shots and one soft goal.... was it from the slot ?, yup, but on the big ice the shot came from 30 feet out and it floated over his glove...rest of the shots were from the outside. In any event, the win goes to the Nepean D..they made the difference in the game. They moved the puck well and shut down Pembroke all night.
Big ice has nothing to do with it. It was from about 15 feet. I was right near the goal judge.

Very tough to say a wrist shot top shelf is a soft goal. Ridiculous.

Plus PLK had 37 shots.

The replay is on PS. Challenge anyone to say the shot was from 30 feet out.

Old
03-17-2013, 06:08 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Big ice has nothing to do with it. It was from about 15 feet. I was right near the goal judge.

Very tough to say a wrist shot top shelf is a soft goal. Ridiculous.

Plus PLK had 37 shots.

The replay is on PS. Challenge anyone to say the shot was from 30 feet out.
Not to be picky but the shot came from just inside the faceoff circle, which is more than 20 feet from the net.

And PS changed the shot count last night to 37. Up until yesterday afternoon, count was at 27. Weird. Maybe you work for PS?

http://centraljuniorhockeyleague.ca/...ews/news_68960

Last edited by ottawafan66: 03-17-2013 at 07:42 AM.
ottawafan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 08:48 AM
hardfacts

Both goalies in my opinion have been playing well...the difference is that Nepeans top players are difference makers on the score board....Kings need to get Hrehoriak is the only forward to score a goal....kings top players need to be top players....from many posts before this was my fear going into playoffs no production from top guys.

hardfacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 11:01 AM
CanadiansGuy60

Good Luck to the CP Canadians on their game today in SF's. Game 1 was a great start and a hard fought victory. Boys are playing a a team and I hope that continues in game 2. I hope to see a large number of CP fans in SF's to cheer on the team!

GO CANADIANS GO!!

CanadiansGuy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:46 PM
CoasttoCoast

Nepean 2 Pembroke 1- Game #2

Agree, much better venue & atmosphere at the sensplex.
These games have been very close, Pembroke has been in both these games. Bounces have been the difference. Herlihey goal was a great effort to direct the puck to the net, still not sure how he did it, but Pembroke dman slid the rebound under his own goalie. Shorthanded Pembroke goal, Z certainly had a chance to save that one, but it was a great shot, not what I would call a weak goal, Neil backed into far. I was standing at the glass for both of these goals
Z has had trouble handling the puck, but not stopping it.
Smith was good, Nepeans PP looked better, but did not score.
Game 2 got a little more physical, they are starting to dislike each other.

Old
03-17-2013, 01:07 PM
MacM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post

And PS changed the shot count last night to 37. Up until yesterday afternoon, count was at 27. Weird. Maybe you work for PS?

http://centraljuniorhockeyleague.ca/...ews/news_68960
I noticed that too. Stat padding again

MacM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 05:05 PM
stickhandle

Not looking good for Bears, seem to have gone south since Xmas time

stickhandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 08:49 PM
CoasttoCoast

Stick a fork in it.....Pembroke is done.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:20 PM
Tarzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickhandle View Post
Not looking good for Bears, seem to have gone south since Xmas time
Hmmmm! Can't say I didn't predict this. Since the trade, they got rid of a great two way forward to add an overrated forward. They also added a defenseman who is more offensive minded than defensive minded. I have always said that SF problem was not scoring. It was defense. If they had a defense like CP, therefore defensive minded, they would probably advance. Since the big December trade, in wich they added 3 players from KV, they went from 1st place to end in 7th place. Before Grady traded for 3 players from KV, did anyone point out that KV was in last place????? He gave up the future for the present, looking past what he already had. Too bad SF. Another year of disappointment.

Tarzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:59 PM
HockeyFan67

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasttoCoast View Post
Stick a fork in it.....Pembroke is done.
and Anderson and his Hawks also...

HockeyFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 11:24 PM
upinarms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
Hmmmm! Can't say I didn't predict this. Since the trade, they got rid of a great two way forward to add an overrated forward. They also added a defenseman who is more offensive minded than defensive minded. I have always said that SF problem was not scoring. It was defense. If they had a defense like CP, therefore defensive minded, they would probably advance. Since the big December trade, in wich they added 3 players from KV, they went from 1st place to end in 7th place. Before Grady traded for 3 players from KV, did anyone point out that KV was in last place????? He gave up the future for the present, looking past what he already had. Too bad SF. Another year of disappointment.
Having scored only 2 goals in 2 games it appears scoring is the problem.

upinarms is offline   Reply With Quote