HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part III

Old
04-03-2013, 06:49 AM
stickhandle

vCash: 500
4 good teams left its up for grabs

stickhandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:52 AM
sportsdude

Don't fight it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Winner of CP and Cornwall will win the league
You know what I think...

It's gonna be Colts vs Raiders for the cup.

It's totally based on numbers, you know - the stats... Yeah the crunching of all da data, you know what I mean?

I'll predict da winna when they meet... I wanna leave u guys hangin' abit!

sportsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:06 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude View Post
You know what I think...

It's totally based on numbers, you know - the stats... Yeah the crunching of all da data, you know what I mean?

Well, the Colts better be able to get more than 14 shots if they're going to win anything. It was almost like they didn't want to win last game.

ottawafan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 03:39 PM
CanadiansGuy60

Let's see another big effort from the Canadians on home ice tonight. Huge game, and the arena should be packed. Just have to keep playing hard, tough hockey.

Go Canadians Go!!

CanadiansGuy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 03:37 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
You know what I think...

Ouch. Your Colts better figure things out quick if your prediction is going to pan out.

Last edited by ottawafan66: 04-04-2013 at 04:51 AM.
Old
04-04-2013, 03:59 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Loney was an embarrassment to all refs. Ghantous gets called for elbowing while on the PK as a result of a clean hit and Quince losing his improperly attached helmet. Same thing happened on the Baylis CTH.

Also, what's with Piccolino waving to the CP bench at the end of the game? Somebody on his team should tell him that you don't do that in game 1 of a 7 game series.
12 goals allowed in two games since this little stunt. Any regrets?

Old
04-04-2013, 07:26 PM
ORRT

Quote:
You know what I think...

Money on CP and Ottawa. If so what a final it could be!

ORRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:51 PM
HockeyFan67

Quote:
12 goals allowed in two games since this little stunt. Any regrets?
If Cornwall can keep getting shots on goal,this series will be over in 6. CP has done a great job so far shutting down Cornwalls snipers,but momentum has seemed to switch the Colts way.

All in all it has been a great series...looking forward to Saturday night in CP.

HockeyFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:00 AM
sportsdude

Yes it would, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORRT View Post
Money on CP and Ottawa. If so what a final it could be!
You may be shaking your head and giving me less than 50/50 on my prediction. I don't have a time machine or anything like an almanac from the future, but if the Raiders do the job on the OJS tonight... which I believe they will... then hang tight for an incredible turn of events in game 7 that will be a shocker to Ottawa fans. Raiders can and probably will win this series. My money's on them.

And of course, the BIG game Saturday night in CP. That one could be a spoiler. OMG, could you imagine the headlines if the Colts pull one outta the hat tomorrow night? Yeah, you're thinking the odds are stacked against that happening. We'll have to wait until Hockey Night in Carleton Place Saturday Night to see how that pans out.

Size isn't everything!

Old
04-05-2013, 04:30 PM
CoasttoCoast

Nepean proved pretty difficult to eliminate last year, I think they may need a bounce or two, but I'm going to pick them tonight.
Mulder has played very well,
the defense was not expected to do much, they have been OK
the forwards have not produced as well as they should, hedges line, line 1, have produced chances but Nepean doesn't really have a second line doing much, line 2-4 are pretty even, they have the forwards on paper to produce more.
Hodgson is getting better each game, watch for him to get more ice and be a factor.
Go Raiders

CoasttoCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:04 PM
CoasttoCoast

ho hum....another game 7
the raiders seem to like the drama
Raiders win tonight, Millen had a bad game, Mulder was solid.
I jinxed Hodgson he was injured again tonight.
I didn't notice Racine, I don't think he played.
Hedges worked very hard at both ends of ice. Evelyn causes fits for Nepean defense, strong game.
5 day break until game 7 WTF!!!!
Go Raiders

Old
04-06-2013, 07:43 AM
upinarms

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasttoCoast View Post
ho hum....another game 7
the raiders seem to like the drama
Raiders win tonight, Millen had a bad game, Mulder was solid.
I jinxed Hodgson he was injured again tonight.
I didn't notice Racine, I don't think he played.
Hedges worked very hard at both ends of ice. Evelyn causes fits for Nepean defense, strong game.
5 day break until game 7 WTF!!!!
Go Raiders
Five day break, and then they schedule it the same night as game seven in the other series WTF!!!!!!!!

upinarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 07:55 PM
BadgerKnight

Fred Page Cup, 2013

Set for May 1-8 in Truro, Nova Scotia

Maritimes League
Truro leads Amherst, 2-1; If series goes 7 games, last game is slated for Sunday, April 14
Summerside defeated Woodstock, 4-0. If Truro wins other series, Summerside goes to the Fred Page Cup.
http://www.themhl.ca/stats_playoffs.php

Quebec League
Lachine (4) defeated Ste. Agathe (6), 4-0
Longueuil (2) trails Sherbrooke (8); 2-3; Game 6-Sunday April 7 (Longueuil leads 1-0 after 1 period) & Game 7 (if necessary) Wednesday, April 10
http://www.lhjaaaq.qc.ca/fr/index.html

Central League
Ottawa (1) tied with Nepean (5), 3-3; Game 7-Wednesday, April 10
Carleton Place (2) leads Cornwall (3), 3-2. Game 6-Monday April 8 & Game 7 (if necessary) Wednesday, April 10

Host -Truro Bearcats

BadgerKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 09:24 PM
ORRT

Quote:
You may be shaking your head and giving me less than 50/50 on my prediction. I don't have a time machine or anything like an almanac from the future, but if the Raiders do the job on the OJS tonight... which I believe they will... then hang tight for an incredible turn of events in game 7 that will be a shocker to Ottawa fans. Raiders can and probably will win this series. My money's on them.

And of course, the BIG game Saturday night in CP. That one could be a spoiler. OMG, could you imagine the headlines if the Colts pull one outta the hat tomorrow night? Yeah, you're thinking the odds are stacked against that happening. We'll have to wait until Hockey Night in Carleton Place Saturday Night to see how that pans out.

Size isn't everything!
Wow . Got me believing in Raiders. They will break home game team winning trend.
Nepean vs CP still a great series.... but don't count Colts out yet.

ORRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 11:21 PM
CoasttoCoast

The Nepean game 6 win.
although the 3 nepean goals could of been classified as weak...I still thought it was Nepeans best game, they had a lot of chances that they did not convert on. Ottawa's shot count was high, but they got most of their quality chances on the PP. I solid game for Nepean's 6 D, who all play.
I criticized Nepean for not having formed a dominant 2nd line. The up side is forwards 5-12 are all getting ice time, raises morale and draws on Nepean's strong depth up front.
I thought Robbillard had one of his weaker games, 3 games in 4 nights may have worn him down. Of course a weak game for robbilard is a good game for many others.
my 2 cents

Old
04-09-2013, 07:35 PM
Grabbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan67 View Post
If Cornwall can keep getting shots on goal,this series will be over in 6. CP has done a great job so far shutting down Cornwalls snipers,but momentum has seemed to switch the Colts way.

All in all it has been a great series...looking forward to Saturday night in CP.

No comments on last nights tilt in Cornwall here on Hockey's Future Boards? With all the CP fans on here I expected to read about the waved-off goal, officiating, and the Cornwall in-house horn blasting all night long (including once when a CP player was in mid-wind up, another time to celebrate a home side hit, and another with seconds still remaining in the game such that CP players quit on the puck - even though there was still a half dozen seconds remaining on the clock with the goalie out).

Yes I caught the game since my Raiders were home resting up for tomorrows other big bout!

IMO Cornwall got the win but they were outplayed for the most part - particularly in the third. O'Neill was less than stellar including the fourth goal which was the difference. Pontarelli and his hat-trick being the difference overall of course.

As you know I am not a CP fan - but they likely deserved better. It was worth the drive - although the trip back to Nepean in that late evening weather sure wasn't fun!

That using the horn (noted above - the one to signal goals and end of periods) during play was shear bush league stuff. So is giving yourself all three stars in a most fortunate 4-3 victory. Enuff said.

Suspect CP will be packed tomorrow. Hope our own match produces the same response. May the best teams win!!

Go Raiders Go!

Last edited by Grabbers: 04-09-2013 at 07:36 PM. Reason: spelling error
Grabbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:18 PM
HockeyFan67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbers View Post

That using the horn (noted above - the one to signal goals and end of periods) during play was shear bush league stuff. So is giving yourself all three stars in a most fortunate 4-3 victory. Enuff said.
The "horn" you are referring too, is a colts fan sitting in the stands,and NOT a "in-house horn" He has a portable compressor hooked up to a transport horn.

As for the 3 stars...I agree,B.Edwards of CP had a great game and should've been 3rd star.

Old
04-10-2013, 05:47 AM
John Deere

Originally Posted by Grabbers

I also was at this game and was not aware that these air horns were aloud in arenas??? The reason that I make the long journey to Cornwall is the fact that if you listen to the game on Fast Track the commentators are so biased that it makes me want to vomit. Maybe they should listen to the games done by other teams like PLK,, or Brockville. Maybe this is done on purpose to get my gate fee...

John Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 06:17 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Deere View Post
Originally Posted by Grabbers

I also was at this game and was not aware that these air horns were aloud in arenas??? The reason that I make the long journey to Cornwall is the fact that if you listen to the game on Fast Track the commentators are so biased that it makes me want to vomit. Maybe they should listen to the games done by other teams like PLK,, or Brockville. Maybe this is done on purpose to get my gate fee...
Totally agree. According to these clowns, EVERY CP goal is offside. Personally, I just mute them.

Old
04-10-2013, 06:19 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan67 View Post
The "horn" you are referring too, is a colts fan sitting in the stands,and NOT a "in-house horn" He has a portable compressor hooked up to a transport horn.

As for the 3 stars...I agree,B.Edwards of CP had a great game and should've been 3rd star.
I thought this crap only happened in minor hockey. Regardless, the team could and should prevent this from happening.

Old
04-10-2013, 06:22 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbers View Post

No comments on last nights tilt in Cornwall here on Hockey's Future Boards? With all the CP fans on here I expected to read about the waved-off goal, officiating, and the Cornwall in-house horn blasting all night long (including once when a CP player was in mid-wind up, another time to celebrate a home side hit, and another with seconds still remaining in the game such that CP players quit on the puck - even though there was still a half dozen seconds remaining on the clock with the goalie out).

Yes I caught the game since my Raiders were home resting up for tomorrows other big bout!

IMO Cornwall got the win but they were outplayed for the most part - particularly in the third. O'Neill was less than stellar including the fourth goal which was the difference. Pontarelli and his hat-trick being the difference overall of course.

As you know I am not a CP fan - but they likely deserved better. It was worth the drive - although the trip back to Nepean in that late evening weather sure wasn't fun!

Suspect CP will be packed tomorrow. Hope our own match produces the same response. May the best teams win!!

Go Raiders Go!
CP definitely needs to get their s**t together. Hopefully they'll be able to contain Pontarelli on the smaller ice. That guy is slippery!!!

Old
04-10-2013, 07:02 AM
sportsdude

Cry me a river!!!

Quote:
Totally agree. According to these clowns, EVERY CP goal is offside. Personally, I just mute them.

Those "clowns", as you call them, are highly respected and call it enthusiastically both ways. As you may or may not agree, the Colts are very exciting. I find that the broadcasts reflect the passion and thrill that the Colts bring to every game. Oh, and not EVERY CP goal is offside, just the one that was pretty clear to everyone except the refs and linesmen.

As for the 3 star selection, come on guys... this has happened before in other rinks and I'm not going to comment on the recognition that it brings, fair or not, to individual players. It's a TEAM sport. Capiche?

The horns are a problem? The Cornwall arena is huge! If there is an arena that should have loud horns, this is it! It's actually envigorating when Colts score, the place explodes with applause, horns, and cheers! That's hockey boys and girls.

GO COLTS!
GO RAIDERS!

Old
04-10-2013, 07:23 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:

Those "clowns", as you call them, are highly respected and call it enthusiastically both ways. As you may or may not agree, the Colts are very exciting. I find that the broadcasts reflect the passion and thrill that the Colts bring to every game. Oh, and not EVERY CP goal is offside, just the one that was pretty clear to everyone except the refs and linesmen.

As for the 3 star selection, come on guys... this has happened before in other rinks and I'm not going to comment on the recognition that it brings, fair or not, to individual players. It's a TEAM sport. Capiche?

The horns are a problem? The Cornwall arena is huge! If there is an arena that should have loud horns, this is it! It's actually envigorating when Colts score, the place explodes with applause, horns, and cheers! That's hockey boys and girls.

GO COLTS!
GO RAIDERS!
Respected by Colts fans maybe but they are extremely annoying in how biased they are. Obviously, you don't have to listen to it since you're at the games.

Old
04-10-2013, 07:29 AM
HockeyFan67

Quote:
CP definitely needs to get their s**t together. Hopefully they'll be able to contain Pontarelli on the smaller ice. That guy is slippery!!!
The only thing CP has to do ,is keep the puck out of the net....If Cornwall gets anywhere in the 30-35 shots on net,like they've done all year,they should win.

It's all about goaltending in this series,something that CP is weak on.

Old
04-10-2013, 07:41 AM
HockeyFan67

Quote:
I thought this crap only happened in minor hockey. Regardless, the team could and should prevent this from happening.
I think you need to get out and go to a real "Arena" and enjoy the atmosphere once in awhile.