HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), BCHL, CJAHL, and its leagues.

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part III

Old
04-12-2013, 03:16 PM
John Deere

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Updated schedule:

1. COR@NEP Apr 14, 2:30pm
2. NEP@COR Apr 16, 7:30pm
3. NEP@COR Apr 18, 7:30pm
4. COR@NEP Apr 20, 7:30pm
*5. NEP@COR Apr 22, 7:30pm
*6. COR@NEP Apr 24, 7:30pm
*7. NEP@COR Apr 25, 7:30pm
This seems to be a heavy schedule of hockey for these boys. This series might come down to stamina. Why so rushed?

John Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 03:25 PM
HockeyFan67

The Fred Page Cup starts on May 1

HockeyFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 06:03 PM
Kings87

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Deere View Post
This seems to be a heavy schedule of hockey for these boys. This series might come down to stamina. Why so rushed?
This series schedule doesn't seem any heavier than the other series. It's potentially 7 games in 12 days which is fairly typical for the CCHL playoffs. This schedule makes more sense than the earlier version that was posted, and is more in line with the alternating home games format. Only anomaly has the home teams switched for games 1 & 2. The earlier version had Nepean hosting both game 1 and game 7, which would have been very unusual as they are the lower seed.

Kings87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 05:15 AM
sportsdude

What a coincidence!

Quote:
I have also been in many, many rinks over the years and have witnessed some poor behaviour by fans and distasteful comments but it was usually a one time incident from a frustrated fan. Cornwall's reputation and what I have witnessed is enough for me to stick to my guns on this one. The best thing for you to do is go and attend a game and sit apparently in section F and up 5 rows to witness the 1%?? Have fun with that. I am looking forward to hearing the Nepean announcers .
GO NEPEAN
That's where I sit with my family and buds. There's uncle Earl who sees a shrink before every game. Let's see, ah, cousin Errol that just got out earlier this year. And of course, granny Lulu that bakes brownies and passes them out to the corwd. Everyone seems ok with us, except when the Hansen twins start a-hollerin' when the goonin' starts or when the refs go awol.

Oh, ur a raider's fan... Gotya. I understand the Colts-bashin' now.

FYI, I have the highest respect for both teams, their fans & spectators, and they both deserve to be in this position after 2 splendid series that were huge challenges and they prevailed.

GO COLTS!

sportsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 06:59 AM
KL14

Players Fee

Does anyone have the real information on the proposed players fee for next season for the CCHL ? If you do, please share with others...thanks

KL14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 07:51 AM
John Deere

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude View Post
That's where I sit with my family and buds. There's uncle Earl who sees a shrink before every game. Let's see, ah, cousin Errol that just got out earlier this year. And of course, granny Lulu that bakes brownies and passes them out to the corwd. Everyone seems ok with us, except when the Hansen twins start a-hollerin' when the goonin' starts or when the refs go awol.

Oh, ur a raider's fan... Gotya. I understand the Colts-bashin' now.

FYI, I have the highest respect for both teams, their fans & spectators, and they both deserve to be in this position after 2 splendid series that were huge challenges and they prevailed.

GO COLTS!
Well sorry to say but you are far from the truth if you think I am a Raider fan. I was hoping for the Otttawa and Cp final for the simple fact that I love watching Gloebke from CP and Robillard, Evllyn, Deschamps from Ottawa play the game the way it should be. They give the same at the end of the game as they do the start consistently.
But my personal choice in this series is Nepean as they have more talent..IMO.. and much more class as an organization.

John Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:34 AM
sportsdude

Huh?

Quote:
Well sorry to say but you are far from the truth if you think I am a Raider fan. I was hoping for the Otttawa and Cp final for the simple fact that I love watching Gloebke from CP and Robillard, Evllyn, Deschamps from Ottawa play the game the way it should be. They give the same at the end of the game as they do the start consistently.
But my personal choice in this series is Nepean as they have more talent..IMO.. and much more class as an organization.
I respect your choice to root for Napean. I also respect that you believe Napean has more talent than the Colts. I believe the talent level is about the same and it will all depend on some lucky breaks... who wants it more... more disciplined.

What puzzles me is why you would say that their organization has more class??? Whatever.

Old
04-13-2013, 10:24 AM
HockeyFan67

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
Does anyone have the real information on the proposed players fee for next season for the CCHL ? If you do, please share with others...thanks
I heard,now don't quote me,but it's suppose to be around 4,000 a player.

Old
04-13-2013, 01:26 PM
Grabbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan67 View Post
I heard,now don't quote me,but it's suppose to be around 4,000 a player.
I had heard some months ago that the cost was 5K for new players and 3K for returning. Owners now starting to cool towards the idea of late. I doubt we will see it this coming year but stranger things have happened.

Unsure how a healthy newcomer whom paid a large fee will take to sitting out?! Lots of issues as debated on here in the past - and certainly in the future.

Glad I am not supporting a player caught in this "potential" decision.

Good luck to our two remaining clubs. I think Nepean can get this done in six or less.

GO Raiders Go!

Grabbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 02:21 PM
hurricane11

Heard today that the Braves deal with Ray Sheppard is not done and that its possibly off the table

hurricane11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Kings87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbers View Post
I had heard some months ago that the cost was 5K for new players and 3K for returning. Owners now starting to cool towards the idea of late. I doubt we will see it this coming year but stranger things have happened.

Unsure how a healthy newcomer whom paid a large fee will take to sitting out?! Lots of issues as debated on here in the past - and certainly in the future.

Glad I am not supporting a player caught in this "potential" decision.

Good luck to our two remaining clubs. I think Nepean can get this done in six or less.

GO Raiders Go!

Nepean in six, maybe, but or less seems optimistic, no? I'll predict the series goes seven games (as i predicted both semis to go 7 games ...though only got Nepean right). Tough to predict a winner, but will losing to Nepean last year be a motivating factor for Cornwall this year?

Good article in today's Ottawa Citizen on CCHL final, with writer's prediction.
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/...216/story.html

Kings87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 04:55 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings87 View Post
Nepean in six, maybe, but or less seems optimistic, no? I'll predict the series goes seven games (as i predicted both semis to go 7 games ...though only got Nepean right). Tough to predict a winner, but will losing to Nepean last year be a motivating factor for Cornwall this year?

I'm also going to say Nepean in 6....or less. They have much better goaltending and their scorers are better than CP's. CP got lots of shots on Piccolino, but most games they were mostly in his belly.

ottawafan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 05:19 PM
HockeyFan67

Quote:
but most games they were mostly in his belly.

2 minutes for embellishment on ottawafan66

Old
04-13-2013, 05:25 PM
HockeyFan67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings87 View Post

Great article Kings...thanks for posting....

Old
04-13-2013, 05:46 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan67 View Post

2 minutes for embellishment on ottawafan66
You obviously didn't see many games. There's a reason why Piccolino has the worst numbers among all the starting goalies in the playoffs. I can't see them improving against Nepean.

ottawafan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 06:08 PM
gusfring

Cornwall's year, I think.

As far as Nepean being a classier org, not sure how one comes to that conclusion.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 06:46 PM
HockeyFan67

Quote:
You obviously didn't see many games.
I agree,you obviously haven't...

Old
04-13-2013, 09:29 PM
CCHLhockeyfan

Class Organization

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Cornwall's year, I think.

As far as Nepean being a classier org, not sure how one comes to that conclusion.
oh gussy now we are taking shots at organizations. The raiders are a classy organization. They do everything for their players. One of the only ones to do so. Get your facts straight gusfrings.

CCHLhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 10:00 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCHLhockeyfan View Post
oh gussy now we are taking shots at organizations. The raiders are a classy organization. They do everything for their players. One of the only ones to do so. Get your facts straight gusfrings.
1st post? Must be part of the org.

Really? I guess first hand accounts from players aren't facts? Ok.

Old
04-13-2013, 10:44 PM
CCHLhockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
1st post? Must be part of the org.

Really? I guess first hand accounts from players aren't facts? Ok.
actually not part of the org, just an avid nepean raider follower and a fan of the league.

Oh thats too bad, those are probably the players that dont make the cut or are "cancers" on the team.

I find it funny how you chirp the raiders yet almost every player wants to be a raider in our league if they could.

Gussy you gotta figure it out buddy, you just never made the cut

CCHLhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 10:51 PM
CoasttoCoast

I thought CPC was the best team in the league
Cornwall winning twice in CPC's barn against that defense is very impressive
I would judge CPC forwards as very good...therefore Cornwall's goalie as playing great right now. I watched game six, CPC & Cornwalls, goaltending appeared to be the difference in that one.

Who every said Goulet had been a disaster this year, spoke way to soon.
The defense sucks?? Tell that to Pembroke and Ottawa. The defense was much better the last month of the season and the rookie from Junior B, Constatine, is getting big minutes. Yarwood is very difficult to play against and brings speed and offense, he's really come along way, against my November prediction.
Nepean only scored 14 goals in that Ottawa series, but still won. The forwards didn't produce enough but they found away. Lot's of depth and experience up front for nepean, PG played everyone in that Ottawa series, paid off in the end.
Mulder has been lights out since he took over from Zawadski.

Forwards= even
Defense= even
Goaltending= Nepean
Experience/Coaching= Nepean
Nepean in 6

CoasttoCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 11:59 PM
gusfring

Quote:
actually not part of the org, just an avid nepean raider follower and a fan of the league.

Oh thats too bad, those are probably the players that dont make the cut or are "cancers" on the team.

I find it funny how you chirp the raiders yet almost every player wants to be a raider in our league if they could.

Gussy you gotta figure it out buddy, you just never made the cut
Why would every player want to be a Raider? Because of all the scholarships that come with being a Raider? It's such a priviledge to "make the cut" on the Raiders, I guess.

I didn't know there were "avid Raider followers". You're the one I suppose.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:03 AM
gusfring

Forwards= Even (almost a slight egde to Nepean)
Defense= Cornwall
Goaltending= Nepean
Experience/Coaching= Even
Cornwall in 6

Old
04-14-2013, 07:20 AM
sportsdude

Hey CCHL spokesperson...

Quote:
I suppose (don't wanna speak for Gus) that the issue arose when a couple of cheap shots were slapped the Colts way, labeling them as a crappy organization; which they are the opposite for sure. Napean is right up there with the Colts, but are not as holy as you make them out to be.

Every player wants to be a Raider? Capitalistic propaganda! I guarantee you that alot of players want to be in other organizations, from what I have heard the last few years, including to be a COLT! A great organization with great results the last few years... INCLUDING THIS ONE!

One thing's for sure, this is the series that was meant to be this year! Call it destiny for both teams. And once again, my prediction, which was the ONLY correct one on this board from last series... dromroll please...

Too bad, you're gonna have to wait a little longer. Sorry, but Darren Desaulniers doesn't know squat about picking winners!

Old
04-14-2013, 07:48 AM
sportsdude

The past is the past.

Quote:
You obviously didn't see many games. There's a reason why Piccolino has the worst numbers among all the starting goalies in the playoffs. I can't see them improving against Nepean.

We are on the opposite sides of the rainbow big guy. Both Raiders goalies have impressive numbers. Good for them. They don't, however, have those numbers against the Colts during the regular season. BOOM! And of course, your rebuttal would be, "but these are the playoffs" - EXACTLY - That's my point. I took the words right out of your mouth... Admit it... Come on... Do it...

As I mentioned earlier in the other series. Don't underestimate the Colts!

Why? Because just as the Raiders can win the series, so can the Colts. Both teams can produce offensively. The Colts goalie is actually pretty good. Don't make the mistake highlighting numbers from the past and simply rubber-stamping them as a foregone conclusion for this, the dream CCHL match-up finals, rematch of the decade! Oh, and the Colts defense, as is the case with the Raiders, got the job done against a formidable opponent the crucial last 2 games of the series... INCLUDING IN THEIR BARN!

I wonder who's gonna win the cup? Hmmmmm...